Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'm back... @becks1112 any luck?

Nope, no luck:(
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865629/installing-mc-command-center#latest

Try one more time? I re-edited the post, all the numbers and links should match up with current stuff now, maybe that'll help.

Give me details. What's happening, or not happening? What's in your mods folder? Any LastException files in your /Sims4 directory? I'm no more psychic than Deaderpool... "it's not working" and "no luck" aren't telling me what I need to know to help you fix it.

Gimme MOAR! Screenshots are cool. What are you seeing?
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865629/installing-mc-command-center#latest

Try one more time? I re-edited the post, all the numbers and links should match up with current stuff now, maybe that'll help.

Give me details. What's happening, or not happening? What's in your mods folder? Any LastException files in your /Sims4 directory? I'm no more psychic than Deaderpool... "it's not working" and "no luck" aren't telling me what I need to know to help you fix it.

Yay, I finally figured out the problem and got it working. (If you're wondering, I had it within a "Mods" folder within my "Mods" folder and that was preventing it from working).
  • Options

Yay, I finally figured out the problem and got it working. (If you're wondering, I had it within a "Mods" folder within my "Mods" folder and that was preventing it from working).

COOL! Yeah, I was just talking about that somewhere recently, that script mods can only go so deep, and not very. Sims4/Mods/MC is as far down as you can put it (any script mods) and have it still work. Package mods can go farther down.

SOME script mods (plasticbox's Shortcuts is one) MUST be placed directly in /Mods to work.

(It isn't confusing ENOUGH already, right? LOL!)

Creators aren't always real clear on how to use their stuff, but, a lot of them DO try to make installing as easy as possible. LOVE the ones with the sense to include a DO NOT UNZIP text file with their script files, that's brilliant.

Glad you got it going! :)
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    hi again can i stop the pregnancies if i change the settings like that "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": -100, i have too many pregnant townies and i have the aging off option so they will stuck forever with those objects sorry babies :)
  • Options
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Here's a dumb question ; now that the dresser is back, how do I go about creating black and white lists?

First of all you thank Deaderpool for transferring all this into the UI. :) Doing it by command line options is/was a LOT more complicated. He's given it Easy Mode treatment.

Here's the picture of what menu choices you get when clicking on a sim, or a relationship panel picture, and then the MC button.

oqvngp.jpg

Here's the Dresser screen where you can either Whitelist or Blacklist items, as well as some other options.

bvgja.jpg

There's some neat stuff in Outfit Commands, and the (now working properly, it needed fixed at first) Log Outfit Info is handy for reference points on what you've white- or black-listed on a sim. I've matched items in it against things in my dresser config file before, just to see what goes where and how it all looks between the 2 files. Nerd stuff.

And say you pick Whitelist (same for blacklist, really), this is what options you can click through to add whatever your sim is wearing to whichever side of the list you want.

e5s1s6.jpg

SOME b/w lists NEED an item on the "opposite side" for the mod's cleaner functions to work properly. I think hair is one.

Best practice would be to, if you're blacklisting, whitelist at least ONE thing in the same category, so if it's something that HAS to be changed instead of just removed, the mod will have an option to replace the bad thing with. Or if you're whitelisting, blacklist something so THEY can bounce around properly.

Does this help?

• Options
    anoses wrote: »
    hi again can i stop the pregnancies if i change the settings like that "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": -100, i have too many pregnant townies and i have the aging off option so they will stuck forever with those objects sorry babies :)

Right, if you set that to -100 you will NOT get any more pregnancies from midnight runs. With all the different ways to get pregnant now, though, especially if you have the woohoo module, it's worth mentioning that SOME new pregnancies may happen. Risky woohoo, fertility, the game's new auto-woohoo, the mod's auto-try for baby... etc.

However, if you have too many pregnancies going (it happens, I've been there) and don't feel the need to run through your hoods and kick all the babies out of their cribs into the cold hard world of kid-dom... you can end a pregnancy yourself, here:

2l8x1ee.jpg

It won't work on sims in your own household, but see how I have Sergio up and his girlfriend Siobhan up in his RelPanel? I just went through the whole process of using him for Start Pregnancy Use Active on her, because I don't have any pregnant sims in this game, and I wanted this screenshot of pregnant sim info to show you.

Once I took the picture, I selected Pregnancy End. One more confirmation screen comes up, and then, poof, she's not pregnant any more.

• Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    anoses wrote: »

Right, if you set that to -100 you will NOT get any more pregnancies from midnight runs. With all the different ways to get pregnant now, though, especially if you have the woohoo module, it's worth mentioning that SOME new pregnancies may happen. Risky woohoo, fertility, the game's new auto-woohoo, the mod's auto-try for baby... etc.

However, if you have too many pregnancies going (it happens, I've been there) and don't feel the need to run through your hoods and kick all the babies out of their cribs into the cold hard world of kid-dom... you can end a pregnancy yourself, here:

2l8x1ee.jpg

It won't work on sims in your own household, but see how I have Sergio up and his girlfriend Siobhan up in his RelPanel? I just went through the whole process of using him for Start Pregnancy Use Active on her, because I don't have any pregnant sims in this game, and I wanted this screenshot of pregnant sim info to show you.

Once I took the picture, I selected Pregnancy End. One more confirmation screen comes up, and then, poof, she's not pregnant any more.

Nope i dont have the woohoo module anymore i did something wrong with the settings and my same sex couple was pregnant after woohoo(not try baby option)so i used the end pregnancy option as you mentioned
  • Options
    SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    I just installed different mods (MC commander, Speed change, ui extensions cheats, BuildBuyModeUnlocker and no culling). After this, I discovered that the main goal in wedding parties, can not be achieved. They get married, but they do not achieve the main goal. Do you know if it is the MC commander mods that gives this conflict? Or any of the others??
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    SimNaja wrote: »
    I just installed different mods (MC commander, Speed change, ui extensions cheats, BuildBuyModeUnlocker and no culling). After this, I discovered that the main goal in wedding parties, can not be achieved. They get married, but they do not achieve the main goal. Do you know if it is the MC commander mods that gives this conflict? Or any of the others??

No Culling and MC Command Center probably conflict with each other, and if you MCCC, you don't need the other one anyway (plus, it's not been updated for months). This might also be true of speed-changing mods; some of those are definitely outdated too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

No Culling and MC Command Center probably conflict with each other, and if you MCCC, you don't need the other one anyway (plus, it's not been updated for months). This might also be true of speed-changing mods; some of those are definitely outdated too.

Okay. I deleted no culling, time change and buildbuymode. UI extensions i LOVE, so i hope not it causes the troubles. But now i have problems with my family tree. My ancestors are deleted because of the culling - so what to do??
    Post edited by SimNaja on
  • Options

Okay. I deleted no culling, time change and buildbuymode. These are the one i don't need. UI extensions i LOVE, so i hope not it causes the troubles.

UI Cheats works fine, as long as, like MC, you keep it updated after BIG (GTW, GT) expansions land. Not backwards compatible.

ANYBODY having "weird" things... if you want to post a screenshot, or a list, of everything you have in /Mods, I can look and see if anything I *know* is broken, unnecessary, or just old as the hills (not necessarily a "breaker"... some of my files I've had since launch) jumps out at me. Like @luthienrising said, if MC does a thing, other mods that do the same thing are likely to conflict. Or at least be suspect, when issues come up.

They don't ALWAYS cause big issues, but, as an example, back when Deaderpool added the Randomize Visiting Sims option, it immediately broke (for MC users) @Neia 's No More Same Sims Everywhere (apologies if that isn't its EXACT name) mod. We started seeing a very specific error message, every time that ONE message has come up, it's turned out to be because of an MC user also having that mod in.

Randomize Delivery Times is another one, for people using Jaybud14's Longer/Shorter Pregnancy mod, he's got a note up on his page that if you use MC you MUST leave this setting disabled for his mod to work with it.

About buildbuymode, I haven't tried THAT mod, but, plasticbox's Cheat Shortcuts will give you that same functionality, and it's one of those "has worked fine for ages" mods. *Never* had any issue from it, plasticbox is brilliant. Link is in my sig, if you want to check it out. Culling and Time Speed, both covered by MC now. And like you, UI cheats is another one of my FAVORITE mods!

• Options
    My

Okay. I deleted no culling, time change and buildbuymode. These are the one i don't need. UI extensions i LOVE, so i hope not it causes the troubles.

UI Cheats works fine, as long as, like MC, you keep it updated after BIG (GTW, GT) expansions land. Not backwards compatible.

ANYBODY having "weird" things... if you want to post a screenshot, or a list, of everything you have in /Mods, I can look and see if anything I *know* is broken, unnecessary, or just old as the hills (not necessarily a "breaker"... some of my files I've had since launch) jumps out at me. Like @luthienrising said, if MC does a thing, other mods that do the same thing are likely to conflict. Or at least be suspect, when issues come up.

They don't ALWAYS cause big issues, but, as an example, back when Deaderpool added the Randomize Visiting Sims option, it immediately broke (for MC users) @Neia 's No More Same Sims Everywhere (apologies if that isn't its EXACT name) mod. We started seeing a very specific error message, every time that ONE message has come up, it's turned out to be because of an MC user also having that mod in.

Randomize Delivery Times is another one, for people using Jaybud14's Longer/Shorter Pregnancy mod, he's got a note up on his page that if you use MC you MUST leave this setting disabled for his mod to work with it.

About buildbuymode, I haven't tried THAT mod, but, plasticbox's Cheat Shortcuts will give you that same functionality, and it's one of those "has worked fine for ages" mods. *Never* had any issue from it, plasticbox is brilliant. Link is in my sig, if you want to check it out. Culling and Time Speed, both covered by MC now. And like you, UI cheats is another one of my FAVORITE mods!

I only have the UI cheats and MC and no CC. Where can i change the culling in the MC?? And by the way - thanks for helping :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My

I only have the UI cheats and MC and no CC. Where can i change the culling in the MC?? And by the way - thanks for helping :)

Give me a minute, loading game to get the screenshot. Edit incoming!

Edit: From a computer, click MC, then Population on the long module-buttons menu list. You'll see this:

2ldho1z.jpg

Click Other Settings, that takes you to this menu, where the culling changes are.

33m4nba.jpg

Note that you MUST RESTART your whole game after changing (either/both of) these, for the setting change to become effective.
  • Options
    My

Edit: From a computer, click MC, then Population on the long module-buttons menu list. You'll see this:

2ldho1z.jpg

Click Other Settings, that takes you to this menu, where the culling changes are.

33m4nba.jpg

Note that you MUST RESTART your whole game after changing (either/both of) these, for the setting change to become effective.

They were all set to true. So why do my ancestors from the family tree disappear?
  • Options
    My

(snip out both pics for space)

(snip 2)

They were all set to true. So why do my ancestors from the family tree disappear?

What do you have for these 2 settings?

"Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,

Set this way, your Active Family's ghosts would be safe during a cleaner run, and false in the second setting is supposed to disable ghosts being deleted anyway.

Protip: any sim or ghost you don't want being culled or otherwise disappearing, flag ND for no cull/never delete. (NC flag was already being used for Never Couple when culling made it into the mod.) That should keep them safe from ANY kind of deletion routine.

You might want to save a copy of your game file onto your desktop before a midnight run, just in case something snags and you don't like the result. I almost always (depends on the incoming alarms) do a Save As and run a new file at 11pm to play through the midnight alarm with, that way I have the option to go back and try again if I want to, without having to roll back a save.

BIG fan here of copy/paste! :smiley:
  • Options
    HeatherkrafftHeatherkrafft Posts: 41 Member
    @egwarhammer how do I figure out what version of the game I am running?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @egwarhammer how do I figure out what version of the game I am running?

Quickest way without loading your game up is to open your /Sims4 folder and find the GameVersion.txt file. Open it with a text editor... notepad++ puts a few little weird characters in mine, but the number shown there tells your current version.

1.14.49.1020 is what mine says.

Edit: also, on your way into the game, right after you click through the "loaded mods" box, the next screen (where you hit PLAY to start your save) has your version info in the bottom left corner.
  • Options
    HeatherkrafftHeatherkrafft Posts: 41 Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    >
    >
    > Quickest way without loading your game up is to open your /Sims4 folder and find the GameVersion.txt file. Open it with a text editor... notepad++ puts a few little weird characters in mine, but the number shown there tells your current version.
    >
    > 1.14.49.1020 is what mine says.
    >
    > Edit: also, on your way into the game, right after you click through the "loaded mods" box, the next screen (where you hit PLAY to start your save) has your version info in the bottom left corner.

Okay. Easy enough. I got 1.13.106.1010

So what happened to my game? Did I download mods in the wrong order? is there a specific order? Should i start over from scratch? Is that even possible?

Sorry for all the questions, this is like another language to me.
  • Options
    > @egwarhammer said:
    >
    >
    > Quickest way without loading your game up is to open your /Sims4 folder and find the GameVersion.txt file. Open it with a text editor... notepad++ puts a few little weird characters in mine, but the number shown there tells your current version.
    >
    > 1.14.49.1020 is what mine says.
    >
    > Edit: also, on your way into the game, right after you click through the "loaded mods" box, the next screen (where you hit PLAY to start your save) has your version info in the bottom left corner.

Okay. Easy enough. I got 1.13.106.1010

So what happened to my game? Did I download mods in the wrong order? is there a specific order? Should i start over from scratch? Is that even possible?

Sorry for all the questions, this is like another language to me.

It looks like you still need to apply the last update on January 7 to your game, to bring it up from "13" to "14".

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865629/installing-mc-command-center-read-first-post-updated-1-8-16#latest

That link is to a "how to" I originally wrote back when people were SERIOUSLY having trouble getting 2.2.0 and/or 2.2.2 working. I've updated the FIRST POST there for 2.4.0/2.4.1... try the steps there, and if you still can't get it going, it'll be time for us to work on screenshots, error messages, yada yada.

New members can't post links, but we can get around that. Format like : http:// see-that-space.com will POST it, then I can fix it to get to where you have pictures posted. I like TinyPic.
  • Options
    @SimNaja do you know how to roll back your save? If you haven't played a lot from when your ancestors disappeared, you might be able to do it and get the save game back to how you had it.

Details here (it's EASY):

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/

@luthienrising THANKS for keeping this link in your sig, makes it very easy for me to get to. You rock! <3

I did this earlier today. Basically, all I did was, MOVED the game file I'd just messed up with the .save extension out to my desktop.

The next one below it with the .save.ver0 extension, I just picked rename the file, and erased the .ver0 part. Warning window (when I saved the change) asked if I *really* wanted to change the extension type (doom and gloom You Might Break Things message came up... LOL!), I confirmed, done.

Fired up the game, loaded THAT save, and it put me back to exactly where I wanted to go. Super simple!

In my case, it went back to a previous household, so the names on the save-picker households were different between the old and new save versions. Let me know right away that it had worked.

• Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @egwarhammer : Thank you so much for the clear explanation and for your valuable time, at last I can go to war on those with no style! :D
  • Options
    @egwarhammer - yeah, i played a lot since i discovered my family tree was missing some members :(
    And i will try the new settings :)
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Can't figure out which option is best for the time speed type. I set the game speed to 75 to have a longer day but if I use the relative game type does that make your sims actions slower?
  • Options
    Can't figure out which option is best for the time speed type. I set the game speed to 75 to have a longer day but if I use the relative game type does that make your sims actions slower?

I really haven't played with Time Speed since right after it first came out. Tested it, didn't care for it.

For these questions you'd be better off going to MTS and browsing back through the thread a little. Your questions have been asked and answered there. :)

If anybody else HERE wants to take this subject on, feel free, I just can't give these answers from personal experience, I don't have enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top