The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @shandra2183 : If you play on any speed over 25 your days will last longer but your sims actions will also take a lot longer, using the Relative setting will only keep time in synch with work, school etc. If you use Absolute the work schedule goes out of synch. I personally leave the setting at none, with the default time speed of 25 and instead use Iceman's Time mod (available at MTS and updated. You need to change the first value to a number that you're happy with - mine is at 100 which slows the day down enough so that more gets done without too much increase in sim interaction time - MadameButterfly also runs this speed. Remember it's the first big number you need to change, not the default 25.
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks, I am going to use the time mod at mts!!
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    @shandra2183 : If you play on any speed over 25 your days will last longer but your sims actions will also take a lot longer, using the Relative setting will only keep time in synch with work, school etc. If you use Absolute the work schedule goes out of synch. I personally leave the setting at none, with the default time speed of 25 and instead use Iceman's Time mod (available at MTS and updated. You need to change the first value to a number that you're happy with - mine is at 100 which slows the day down enough so that more gets done without too much increase in sim interaction time - MadameButterfly also runs this speed. Remember it's the first big number you need to change, not the default 25.

Thanks for catching this... told me something I didn't know, too, about that "first big number." I've had Ice's mod in before but was fiddling with the 25 as per docs >.< ... probably why I never had good results.

• Options
    Work week, quick note: I've browsed through threads I've had notices from, but I haven't gone looking for anything new. And, didn't the new piece drop today? I haven't even looked tonight, decided to do a quick net catch up blitz instead. AM I'll be seeing about Movies.

Game is frozen following a Tuesday pregnancy alarm, while I go through and familiarize myself with all these 78 sims. It was a decent run, one and done, rare for me. I've been blacklisting and whitelisting stuff, fixing things on my sims, and, geeking out, making my overall LIST again. Fun, but it's been 4am for about 3 days now, while I do this re-fit. The only 3 sims in my bin right now are NPCs.

Bernard and Mimsy are around. But for live sims, I have 76. Nobody living in NC yet, Perfect Balance placed on the empty retail map lot. 3 (I think) venues placed in NC, and one house I flagged generic. I put a copy of Johnny Zest's trailer lot (40x30 original) there on the 40x20 lot, and trim off the outer hedges. If you back the trailer wall up to the outer edge, you only lose a little shrubbery behind it and off the other side.

Time to get ready for work, just wanted to breeze by... I had 69 notifications. It had been a couple of days.

I'll be back!
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    Hi i have a question again about the auto marriage is this available only when sims gets pregnant because in tuner i have the auto marriage true and i have zero marriages
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @egwarhammer : No problem :) , I find this to be a better way to get more time. Whilst you gain nothing on interactions, you do on a lot of other stuff sims do, like walking, travelling etc. It also gives you a bit more time to cancel any of the more lunatic actions they have planned!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    anoses wrote: »
    Hi i have a question again about the auto marriage is this available only when sims gets pregnant because in tuner i have the auto marriage true and i have zero marriages
    Auto marriage in tuner is for sims that you have active getting married autonomously, not for the marriage of non-active sims. That setting is in Pregnancy.
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Auto marriage in tuner is for sims that you have active getting married autonomously, not for the marriage of non-active sims. That setting is in Pregnancy.

so for the non active sims its only possible when they are pregnant there is no other option :(
  • Options

so for the non active sims its only possible when they are pregnant there is no other option :(
    Depends on your settings- there's one saying something about marrying them only if they get pregnant, but if you set it correctly they can get married without having to get pregnant. This setting is under pregnancy.
  • Options

Depends on your settings- there's one saying something about marrying them only if they get pregnant, but if you set it correctly they can get married without having to get pregnant. This setting is under pregnancy.

"Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true, if you are talking about this its set as true
  • Options

"Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true, if you are talking about this its set as true
    Yep, that's the one. It should allow inactives to get married without pregnancy.
  • Options

Yep, that's the one. It should allow inactives to get married without pregnancy.

maybe i have to change this "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent":25 to something higher thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    abbiex149abbiex149 Posts: 42 Member
    @egwarhammer Hi I'm sorry I haven't been on I've had coursework here's a screenshot of my mods folder and what happens why I type in "mc_help". I do have the 12/17 update and the only expansion or add on I have is Get To Work. I've redownloaded MC Command Centre as I've seen they have updated the file but still nothing.

15exn45.png

34p1aoo.png
  • Options

Plenty of options. :smile: MC is LOADED with options.

@Pegasus143 THANKS for all the questions you've been catching. I really appreciate it! Not enough hours in my day, sometimes, I'm not a bit ashamed to admit I can't do it all and I don't know it all, so, those of you who are helping with answers... Rock On! <3

I'm not super-together this morning, but I like walls of text... so I thought I'd post the Pregnancy settings I have going on right now. This is from my config file, these are not necessarily default settings... most probably aren't.

If anybody wants to see my woohoo settings, I'll send those out in PMs.

Yet another new game, I just had my first Tuesday pregnancy alarm, after which I changed "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": from true (for the run) to false (for the next one). It's more limiting than I like, but this early in the game, I wanted to check it out. Made it a one-and-done run, next time I'll probably run an alarm with the setting, and maybe another one without, depending on who gets together.

"Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA,E",
    "Pregnancy_AgeWhenPregnant": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowHomeless": true,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 50,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true,
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "",
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 20,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": true,
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 25,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": false,
    "Pregnancy_RandomizeDeliveryTime": false,
    "Pregnancy_RenameOppositeSex": "M",
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_UseParentSkinTones": false,
    "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": false,

I'm mostly just posting this for the LIST, it's kind of hard to "see" in the UI how more than one setting might work together to get desired results. Browse through it, maybe compare to your settings... if anybody has any questions (keeping in mind I'm around less this week because of work), feel free to ask.
  • Options
    abbiex149 wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Hi I'm sorry I haven't been on I've had coursework here's a screenshot of my mods folder and what happens why I type in "mc_help". I do have the 12/17 update and the only expansion or add on I have is Get To Work. I've redownloaded MC Command Centre as I've seen they have updated the file but still nothing.

Edited out pictures for space.

There's been at least one more game AND mod update since then... if you're patched up to 1.14.49.1020 (January 5), you'll need to get the MC version updated for that.

MC is at version 2.4.0 for everything except a bugfix (2.4.1) for the main script&package file, and the dresser module. If you download the 2.4.1 AllModules zip, that will give you all the up to date files. I recommend deleting all your mc-related .package and .ts4script files (leave your log file and config files there), and copying the new ones into the folder. Cuts down on version mismatch errors. :)

If you haven't updated, we'll need to try something else.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I don't want any changes in my game or any story progression, I just want to prevent culling. I recently started a legacy and am already scared of losing my sims later on. What settings do you recommend in this mod to only prevent culling, nothing else. :blush:
  • Options
    I don't want any changes in my game or any story progression, I just want to prevent culling. I recently started a legacy and am already scared of losing my sims later on. What settings do you recommend in this mod to only prevent culling, nothing else. :blush:

Adding this in after I've already done the rest of this post... Let me ask Deaderpool something, I'll get back to you. I'm wondering if with the flags you'd even NEED anything else. I'll let you know later what he says, for now it's about my bedtime (3d shifter).

Posting a bit of overkill, this is some info on ALL the parts of MC. You'll NEED the main script & package module, and if you want to keep ghosts safer, you'll be interested in cleaner, too. Population module is where the culling settings are, that you'll definitely want. I believe the flagging options are included with the main MC file, they're very handy. In fact there's a ND flag you can set on sims you want to keep.

There MAY be things of interest to you in some of the other modules, I'd recommend going to the mod's Description page and browse through the blue buttons there. You might see something you haven't thought about fixing (yet), you know?

The Item Removal parts of Cleaner work with Dresser, but if you don't care about "modding" clothes, cleaner will still do the ghosts/names/etc things even without Dresser installed.

(There's a temporary situation where if you have the Occult Mod in you also need the Pregnancy mod... that's an oops and is on the short list to be fixed. Module=separate. LOL!)

Wall of text modules info:

Here is a description of each of the modules and their functionality.
    Module Name
    Description
    • mc_cmd_center This is the main module. It is needed for anything else to work. It has a few "cheat"-type commands built-in, but does very little by itself otherwise.
    • mc_cleaner This module handles some basic cleaning-the-game options. Getting rid of homeless ghosts, setting some default makeups on Sims as they age-up...that sort of thing.
    • mc_career This module handles career-based functionality
    • mc_dresser This module allows configuration of black and white lists for specific outfit items. This allows greater control of what Sims will be wearing and methods to run to "clean-up" Sims that are not wearing desired clothing items.
    • mc_gedcom Provides support for the GEDCOM family try export format to allow import of your in-game family tree into one of the GEDCOM-compatible family-tree programs.
    • mc_occult Adds options for occult-specific gameplay including alien abductions and pregnancies as well as occult population options.
    • mc_pregnancy This module creates a basic story progression of neighborhood Sims in that they can get married and have children as they age-up without direct user control.
    • mc_population This module simulates other basic story progression of moving homeless Sims into households. It has some other moving-in/moving-out type options included as well.
    • mc_tuner This module changes the way that some interactions function like turning-off autonomous mischief or mean interactions.
    • mc_woohoo This module handles romantic interactions between the controlled Sims and other sims. Due to adult-subject content, this module is on MTS's adult-related website.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hey if anybody could paste in a copy of the DEFAULT mc_settings.cfg file here, that would be awesome. I'd love to have it available for reference, but I can't find one right now (organization is not my strong suit), and should already be in bed... help me out?

Found it! Here's how MC ships (there are also several settings for woohoo that I'm not posting) when you install it new:

{
    "Autosave_CurrentSaveNumber": 0,
    "Autosave_Enabled": false,
    "Autosave_IntervalAmount": 1,
    "Autosave_IntervalType": "RH",
    "Autosave_MaxSaveNumber": 1,
    "Autosave_Name": "MC Save",
    "Autosave_SlotNumber": 69905,
    "Bill_Amount_Percent": 0,
    "Career_AdultEmploymentRange": "70,80",
    "Career_ElderEmploymentRange": "40,50",
    "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": false,
    "Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "40,50",
    "Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "",
    "Cleaner_SyncHouseholdNames": false,
    "Cleaner_SyncMarriedNames": true,
    "Decay_Ratio_Friendship": 100,
    "Decay_Ratio_Romantic": 100,
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerF": "",
    "Dresser_ChangeOutfitAfterCareerM": "",
    "Dresser_MakeupOutfits": "E,F,P,AT,SL,SW",
    "Dresser_OnlyUseSavedOutfits": false,
    "Dresser_PercentUseCustomSkinTone": 0,
    "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    "Full_Edit_CAS": false,
    "Game_Time_Speed": 25,
    "Game_Time_Speed_Type": "",
    "Logging_Append": false,
    "Logging_Enabled": false,
    "Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": false,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 6,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyAges": "YA,A",
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 22,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N",
    "Occult_MaximumAliens": -1,
    "Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions": 24,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30,
    "Pause_on_Zone": false,
    "Pay_Child_Support": false,
    "Population_BypassCulling": false,
    "Population_BypassRelationshipCulling": false,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": -1,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": false,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 1,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 33,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 33,
    "Population_PercentChild": 33,
    "Population_PercentElder": 33,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Population_RandomizeVisitingSims": false,
    "Population_RunDresser": false,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A",
    "Pregnancy_AgeWhenPregnant": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowHomeless": false,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 0,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": false,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_CanMarryWOPregnancy": true,
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "",
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": false,
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 0,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": false,
    "Pregnancy_RandomizeDeliveryTime": false,
    "Pregnancy_RenameOppositeSex": "M",
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_UseParentSkinTones": false,
    "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": false,
    "Show_AgeUpNotifications": false,
    "Show_DeathNotifications": false,
    "Show_NPCBirthdayNotifications": false,
    "Show_Notifications": true,
    "Show_Sim_Menu": true,
    "Testing_Cheats_Enabled": false,
    "Tuner_AutoMarriage": false,
    "Tuner_AutoMean": true,
    "Tuner_AutoMischief": true,
    "Tuner_FriendlyAskSingle": false,
    "Tuner_FriendlyStayNight": false,
    }
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Options

One missed post (lol) later, here's what DP said about your question:
    Could they not just get MC Command Center and MC Population, set the bypass culling flags to true and then set Open Houses to 50 to prevent move-ins? I think everything else in MC Population is disabled unless you enable it so that would give them the functionality they want?
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member

Could they not just get MC Command Center and MC Population, set the bypass culling flags to true and then set Open Houses to 50 to prevent move-ins? I think everything else in MC Population is disabled unless you enable it so that would give them the functionality they want?

Thank you so much for helping me out! I'll try it out as soon as I've got time <3;)
  • Options
    SimologySimology Posts: 58 Member
    Well darn, I was just going to go look at this so this is handy. Can you explain this bit as I was going to go in and look to tweak it to up my teen count, but teens aren't shown here. I looked for my log file to try and get a breakdown of ages in the game but not seeing it. Only log I can find is the config one which was interesting but not too helpful in this case.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Simology wrote: »
    Well darn, I was just going to go look at this so this is handy. Can you explain this bit as I was going to go in and look to tweak it to up my teen count, but teens aren't shown here. I looked for my log file to try and get a breakdown of ages in the game but not seeing it. Only log I can find is the config one which was interesting but not too helpful in this case.

Oh, sweet, a question! Too whipped from work to play, I looked at a couple families, logged dresser info, quit again. Just not there, this morning.

This question, I can answer. In some detail, even. :) (something to do, yay! not QUITE ready to go to bed yet :wink: )

You aren't seeing all the numbers involved, here. (No need.) There are 2 kinds of sims, your regular "parental" ones (I can't remember the actual term Deaderpool used for them) and your dependent ones.

Of your "parental" type sims, elder/adult/young adult, YA is the default, these numbers for elder and adult are here to swing the pendulum toward more or less of something besides YA, if that's what you want.

Same with kids, Teens are the default, so only baby and child are needed in the list. I've had all 4 of these as low as 10 each before, but right now I have these default settings.

For the moment, I also left my homeless max number at -1. I haven't turned my game loose in a few days, been gathering info. I gotta know. LOL! But when I do play (probably tomorrow), I wanted to see what the game does, with a little more default mod action than I've been playing with. Refreshed my config file the other day, and am still resetting (and considering) things. Less is more, maybe? I'd done some pretty heavy editing on my settings, before I started it over from scratch.

That percent male is just what it says, at 50 you should get half females, half males. Don't need both settings because one affects the other. The age ones are just a little different because they have 3 to play with instead of just an either/or setup.

(My bin seems to lean more toward females, no matter what number I put there. Maybe I should mention that to DP... but it isn't a game-breaker, I like playing females, being as I am one. Shrug-worthy.)

~~

I have the feeling you're eventually going to notice that your get_pop numbers might not add up right, too, someday. :p If you have any ghosts (including Bernard and Mimsy), they're recorded a little differently by get_pop than regular sims (and B and M seem different from other ghosts, but I have NOT had much ghost experience, TBH), and your male/female and (I think) your total age group numbers will end up being short by however many ghosts of each sex/age group you have.

Once I figured that out (I had help), I decided the best thing to do was not get too caught up in exact numbers and just be happy to know what causes the "leak." They're listed, they just aren't listed everywhere it seems like they'd "fit."

I'm not THAT into numbers, although I do love me some game stats! (Yet I stink at math. Go figure.)

Just thought I'd mention that before you noticed it, and thought you might be seeing things, nope, it's not broken, it just does that.

I had to figure it out (more of that "I gotta KNOW!" thing), when my first ghost landed. Luckily it was just one YA F, so I was able to get a pretty clear view of what numbers she affected. Experience FTW.

How's this? :)

ETA: I also missed you wanted more teens. Saw the settings, glazed the rest, my bad. If you reduce the numbers in the Baby and Child settings, that should have more teens generated. I wouldn't necessarily set either to zero... but you can go way lower than 33. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    OH! @Simology blame me for a space cadet moment!! Please tell me you have logging (and preferably append) enabled??

From in the game, open the cheat window and type get_pop b. That gets you a breakdown like I was talking about, printed to your mc_cmd_center.log file.

b you have to run alone, all the rest of these you can lump into a line like this.

get_pop h a p m f s c

Hidden, Alien, Pregnant, Married, Flags, Single, Careers are the options. If you want to blow up your log (I do this often), copy and paste it just like that. I take a copy of its epic output into a new notepad++ file and sort lines alphabetically, so I can find people easier.

ETA: you can run just the options you want. I like to use get_pop s m to get a list of everybody in my hood... they're all either single or married, so everybody shows up.

And the flags list is all flags at once, so that part alone is going to be long if you do much with them.

One of these days the flags may get their own output sorts, but I don't think it's coming anytime soon.

/edit

The game apparently has its own sense of "order" and the basic output file has never made sense to me as far as which sim's info posts where. Maybe it's based on sim IDs or some other hidden thing, but it sure isn't using names or ages or date created for sorting, AFAIK.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Options

Thank you so much for helping me out! I'll try it out as soon as I've got time <3;)

One little thing I wanted to add, there's ONE setting in Population that comes enabled, the one that HAS to be for any of population's other options to work.

"Population_UseCustom": true,

Probably not a big surprise, but just in case you took him literally "he said ALL I need is THIS" and maybe went to turn it OFF (I'm good at doing stuff like that...), I wanted to mention that one true setting *needs* to be there.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top