Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I'm going back to TS3...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My feeling is that the only people who will love TS4 are those who were still playing TS2 and never tried 3. As soon as I heard it was back to the tired old loading screens instead of open world, and people disappearing all day to work, and being able to play only one sim at a time when you leave the home plot, well that was it for me. Not going there. Ironically when Sims 3 came out although I loved the open world I didn't like the cartoony sims or muted colours, but it grew on me. I've played One, dabbled with Two and thoroughly enjoy Three. Four is a backward step IMHO.
    Never tried it, did try it but didn't like it, I do see a lot of judging sims 3 based on early experiences of the game. And some people plainly don't like Sims 3 because it doesn't cater to their playing style, in which case Sims 4 is a good choice (because people will have wrung out sims 2 by now, if they stuck to it all those years). I don't really see sims in 3 being cartoony btw; to me they're the most realistic ones of them all. And muted colours I also don't quite recognize. Sunset Valley and Riverview look very bright to me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My feeling is that the only people who will love TS4 are those who were still playing TS2 and never tried 3. As soon as I heard it was back to the tired old loading screens instead of open world, and people disappearing all day to work, and being able to play only one sim at a time when you leave the home plot, well that was it for me. Not going there. Ironically when Sims 3 came out although I loved the open world I didn't like the cartoony sims or muted colours, but it grew on me. I've played One, dabbled with Two and thoroughly enjoy Three. Four is a backward step IMHO.
    Never tried it, did try it but didn't like it, I do see a lot of judging sims 3 based on early experiences of the game. And some people plainly don't like Sims 3 because it doesn't cater to their playing style, in which case Sims 4 is a good choice (because people will have wrung out sims 2 by now, if they stuck to it all those years). I don't really see sims in 3 being cartoony btw; to me they're the most realistic ones of them all. And muted colours I also don't quite recognize. Sunset Valley and Riverview look very bright to me.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think the TS3 Sims look cartoonish :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    I don't think TS3 Sims look as cartoonish as TS2 Sims do and I loved TS2 to bits and bits.

Having said that, I do know some people who still, even after all these years, play TS2 on a fairly regular basis because it's their favorite game. I think maybe some might have grown to appreciate TS3 if they had given it a little more time but I'm sure not all of them would have because they prefer TS2 for different reasons. Some of them even tried TS4 but in the end went back to TS2 so it isn't just people giving up TS4 to go back to TS3.

When it comes to TS3 I love the open world and the outdoor activities that go with it then there are all the awesome things in IP like wind surfing and snorkeling and the fact my Sim can do all this stuff anywhere on the map (inside the routeable areas anyway) instead of being limited to lots is one of the coolest things ever.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Most people I know of that loves Sims 2 wouldn't touch Sims 4 haha

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    yaaas hunny give the game all the praise it deserved

tumblr_nzs58jOs3o1ufqm4co1_250.gif
  • Options
    GeferdiGeferdi Posts: 47 Member
    I never could "get into" TS4.

Meanwhile, I was bored last weekend, started a new TS3 save after about a year of not playing Sims at all, and I have been addicted crazy since then. And this is like my 55th time getting hooked...over the past SIX YEARS. No game keeps pulling me back in over and over again like Sims 3.

My new PC allows me to run on max graphics and in 4K resolution, which makes the game beautiful as plum, especially hidden springs.
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I am agree with you Geferdi, My new pc allow me to play on max graphics too. The game looks amazing in every world.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Welcome back to the land of open worlds, green fields and oceans that you can swim in (considering you have the right EP of course) :smile:
    Swimming in the ocean was patched in I think.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2016
    Bird166 wrote: »
    I've been back since Christmas Day. I still like Sims 4 and will play it again once there is more to do. But I really love Sims 3! I had forgotten how much! Amazon was also selling EPs on sale for $6.79 I think?? Download only but that's fine with me. Trying to decide if I want World Adventures...for under $7 I should just buy it, right??

Absolutely. It's awesome. I own them all as well as the store and both World Adventures and Generations are on my must play lists.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, honey! Welcome back! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    I been playing Sims since TS2. I got hooked onto it, got my own laptop and two days later Sims 2 and a load of EPs. When Sims 3 came out I (im)patiently waited for the prices to go down only to be surprised with it and Pets from my dad!

It's been five years now. I'm almost 19 and still love Sims 3 like I did when it first came out and still love Sims 2 like I did when I first played it. Granted, my gameplay has significantly shifted from fantasy/fake to way more realistic. No other game hooks me, and surprises me, as much as Sims 3 still does today. Heck, I just learned about mods and CC last year and I'm crazy hooked on that too!

When I heard Sims 4 was coming out I was obviously crazy excited. Played it and lasted for a forced hour and a non-forced half. The fun sort of wore off after CAS. I mean I love the CAS functions, definitely makes it a load more fun to actually make them and make better tom-boy/butch/stud female Sims and feminine male sims. I also love the modern home designs and some of that as well, but the actually gameplay is, in my opinion, better suited for kids who never really got into Sims 2, think Sims 3 is too boring/mature, and are way too young for The Sims. But thats IMHO.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    I've never left sims 3 and never will <3
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

I believe we are going to stay playing The Sims 3. A lot of people are talking a lot about the new movie stuff for The Sims 4 and they said is better than The Sims 3. As I know The Sims 3 has a movie theater for download in the store. I believe it´s this set and I have it and in my own opinion, it´s better than the new stuff pack for The Sims 4. You can create your own theater and Sims can buy tickets for the shows.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:62503

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

I believe we are going to stay playing The Sims 3. A lot of people are talking a lot about the new movie stuff for The Sims 4 and they said is better than The Sims 3. As I know The Sims 3 has a movie theater for download in the store. I believe it´s this set and I have it and in my own opinion, it´s better than the new stuff pack for The Sims 4. You can create your own theater and Sims can buy tickets for the shows.

I here hear that a lot, that stuff is better than in Sims 3 and they only just scratched the surface. And then the shine wears off and they start complaining again and longing for new stuff. Maybe it was like that for Sims 3 as well in these forums, I don't know, but not for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    mogchanelmogchanel Posts: 5 New Member
    me too i love sims 3 theres so much to do on there i have showtime world adventures island paradise ambitions pets university pets generations
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Kryst wrote: »
    I am sick of the lack of gameplay in comparison to earlier versions of The Sims... I love the graphics of TS4 but nope, not enough. The culling thing's out of control! And I miss toddlers, create a style, and cars. I haven't got Get Together yet, and don't plan to, unless Maxis pull there finger out, and soon!

They don't have their finger in, just because you don't like this version. Not everyone likes the same things. I didn't like Sims 3, create a style and cars in your pocket. But that is just me. Enjoy Sims 3 just as I enjoyed Sims 2 and now Sims 4.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2016
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

I here hear that a lot, that stuff is better than in Sims 3 and they only just scratched the surface. And then the shine wears off and they start complaining again and longing for new stuff. Maybe it was like that for Sims 3 as well in these forums, I don't know, but not for me.

Never saw that on Sims 3 forums while I was here haha. Seriously though, Sims 4 gets the discount version of everything already in Sims 3 and somehow it's better.
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • Options
    <snippety-doo-day>

Oh, no, @JoAnne65 it's always been like that with the twelves. The brand new thing comes out and they play everything in it within a month then spend the rest of the time until the next new thing releases complaining on the forum they don't have anything to do. I've seen this with all the games.

• Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Happy you're happy with TS3. I've left none of the games, I just take a hiatus from one of the them or all, and load them back up once in a while - but I play TS4 the least out of all of them. Graphics wise, ts3s worlds and textures have greater depth, ts4 art style doesn't lend itself to details even though the lighting in the game is beautifully done. The gameplay issues are really frustrating with TS4. With TS3 you have the benefit of a fully fleshed out game (and toddlers) and you get to live by the sea - sea you can actually swim in :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    <snippety-doo-day>

Oh, no, @JoAnne65 it's always been like that with the twelves. The brand new thing comes out and they play everything in it within a month then spend the rest of the time until the next new thing releases complaining on the forum they don't have anything to do. I've seen this with all the games.
    Really? I think it's a shame to do that with this game. It's not just about gameplay, it so much depends on the story's you create around that gameplay. At least, that's what it's always been like for me. But I remember my son when he started playing Sims 3 and got cursed by a mummy within the hour, so he did that as well. Do everything there is to do as soon as possible. As if the game is some sort of a checklist.
    ('with the twelves' is an expression I have to look up, no idea what it means :D )

Edit: oh, I think you mean with the twelve year olds? Yeah, possibly, my son did have that age back then ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 it's more of a mentality than an age but it does have to do with the mentality of that age-range. Haha.

I've always played my Sims games in a way that slowly introduces expansion pack content to the game I'm playing. It's no fun to rush right out and do everything all at once. I want to savor the experience that comes in an expansion pack focusing only on one or two things at a time and discovering what I like best about each one. Of course I know I grew up in a different era where treats were few and far between and when you finally got one you made it last as long as possible because you had no idea when or if there would be another one.
  • Options
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 it's more of a mentality than an age but it does have to do with the mentality of that age-range. Haha.

I've always played my Sims games in a way that slowly introduces expansion pack content to the game I'm playing. It's no fun to rush right out and do everything all at once. I want to savor the experience that comes in an expansion pack focusing only on one or two things at a time and discovering what I like best about each one. Of course I know I grew up in a different era where treats were few and far between and when you finally got one you made it last as long as possible because you had no idea when or if there would be another one.
    Yes, I've always played like that as well. Which is why at one point EP's even came too fast for me. So in a way I'm glad I still prefer playing Sims 3, because there are still things I haven't done yet (mainly in IP and ITF). And I'm also planning on doing things again: with different sims in a different story, the experience is different.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    My sister said the same thing about the every three month expansion packs. She said it just got to be overwhelming and trying to keep up with all the patches and collecting updated mods was just crazy. It made me kind of glad I wasn't playing during that time because even at six-month intervals it felt like I was always trying to play catch-up with updates and such.