Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I'm going back to TS3...

I am sick of the lack of gameplay in comparison to earlier versions of The Sims... I love the graphics of TS4 but nope, not enough. The culling thing's out of control! And I miss toddlers, create a style, and cars. I haven't got Get Together yet, and don't plan to, unless Maxis pull there finger out, and soon!
tumblr_mgr2j44MwG1rpgt2to1_400.gif
Galaxy defender, stay forever.

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Happy simming either way. :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Have fun and happy simming. :)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Technically sims 4 has awful graphics. .. i think you mean the art style. Either way, welcome back! I hope you enjoy your game as much as I have been enjoying mine
  • Options
    KrystKryst Posts: 95 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Technically sims 4 has awful graphics. .. i think you mean the art style. Either way, welcome back! I hope you enjoy your game as much as I have been enjoying mine

Indeed I do. I am, but since I didn't keep my old game saves I've got to start from scratch :neutral:
  • Options
    lifeizsimming26lifeizsimming26 Posts: 86 Member
    Sims 4 got nothing on sims 3
  • Options
    Sims 4 got nothing on sims 3

Amen brother... or sister
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    > @Kryst said:
    > 06Bon06 wrote: »
    >
    > Technically sims 4 has awful graphics. .. i think you mean the art style. Either way, welcome back! I hope you enjoy your game as much as I have been enjoying mine
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Indeed I do. I am, but since I didn't keep my old game saves I've got to start from scratch :neutral:

Sometimes that can be good - might be easier to try something new in the game. Anyway, welcome back to TS3!
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    Cheers, so tell me, is generations worth getting? I have Pets and Ambitions, I want showtime and seasons, but I'm unsure about generations....
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I like generations, especially if you DO like family play. It adds in some stuff. I don't know that I would pay full price for it anymore (I wont for any TS3 EP or TS4 if a good one ever comes out). I bought ITF off of ebay (code for Origin) and it was cheap AND worked. Easy peasy.

I hear ya. I did the same thing. I completely switched to TS4... then... blonk... gameplay ran out. I don't like rotational play and I hate not having open world. Plus the lifestage jump is too jarring. There's really only 2 lifestages, and that's... no bueno.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Omg I love generations. My sim had a kid eith this mermaid lady and before I continued playing, I installed Generations.

It adds a lot of cute stuff for kids, I decorated the room in castle themed decor and I love it. And even though it doesn't add something big like Seasons or showtime careers, it does add a lot of gameplay like giving kids the opportunity to play on random household objects, add a little more depth and the daycare career as well as imaginary friends wgich are neat. If your sim has one, if you click on another sim you can't see the Imaginary friend anymore and it looks like the kod ia playing with themselves. It's really cute.

Look at me writing as essay lol. Seriously it's one of the dew pack I miss when I don't have it installed.
  • Options
    Oooh , off to eBay I go to find a download code :smile:
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I already came back, TS4 is just boring.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    When I had to play on my laptop with only the base game, while my desktop computer was being repaired, it was Generations that I missed the most.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I went back to 3 pretty early on. Even comparing base game to base game, there's just so much more depth to 3.

4 just wasn't fun to me and I wasn't willing to keep chucking money at it to try to make it fun. I did buy a lot of stuff for TS3, but that was because I liked it in the first place.

Anyway, have fun with whatever game suits you best. Happy simming. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Well you can try different variations of gameplay in TS4 if it's boring :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    As for me, I did try different ways of playing TS4. Several times I've tried to play it; it's not like I wanted to dislike the game, I have played all the sims games! Unfortunately no matter how I tried to play, it was still boring. Not to mention irritating. Stuff doesn't work correctly or things are just programmed in a very simplistic way. This is not a good trend. :/
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Welcome back :) If you're looking to pick up a few packs, LazyGameReviews on Youtube makes some great review videos to help you decide.

I switch between the two and sometimes launch TS1 and 2 as well. Just think, some people dump the old series for the new one even selling their games regretting it later.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got the entire Sims 3 collection installed and had to get a tool to manage the CC recently and I love CCMagic.I've been playing this game rotationally with tons of Mods and I've got tons of CC installed.I play it on a laptop and get no lag in the game at all.I still have it patched at 167 and won't patch any further since the new one would stop me from being able to play.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome back to the land of open worlds, green fields and oceans that you can swim in (considering you have the right EP of course) :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    I've been back since Christmas Day. I still like Sims 4 and will play it again once there is more to do. But I really love Sims 3! I had forgotten how much! Amazon was also selling EPs on sale for $6.79 I think?? Download only but that's fine with me. Trying to decide if I want World Adventures...for under $7 I should just buy it, right??
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Thanks for sharing that, @Bird166 . That's a great deal.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    My feeling is that the only people who will love TS4 are those who were still playing TS2 and never tried 3. As soon as I heard it was back to the tired old loading screens instead of open world, and people disappearing all day to work, and being able to play only one sim at a time when you leave the home plot, well that was it for me. Not going there. Ironically when Sims 3 came out although I loved the open world I didn't like the cartoony sims or muted colours, but it grew on me. I've played One, dabbled with Two and thoroughly enjoy Three. Four is a backward step IMHO.
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I am a very old player since The Sims and I enjoyed every game from The Sims then I moved to The Sims 2 and I just enjoyed the Sims 3 for the open possibilities. When The Sims 4 came out I was planning to move to the new game and then I realized that I wasn´t as great as I thought. I am going to keep playing The Sims 3 where I have an open world of possibilities.

My facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/dylan.walsh.sim