Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4Sims4 Builder's Contest Results ***All About YOU!***

Comments

• Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Congrats to you also @amberthezombie! Everyone did an awesome job this challenge o:) Hopefully we can do something similar again! Thank you everyone for your nice comments and @pammiechick for hosting this fun challenge!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats to the winners @amberthezombie and @lovelylyssia095 and everyone who placed. I had fun with Miss @Cbear13 as my partner :) Thanks @pammiechick and @Zita1966z for the kind feedback
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congratulations @lovelylyssia095 and @amberthezombie super reno's! and of course Congrats to everyone that placed,
    this was good fun, thank you to our lovely hosts for the feedback too x x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Results
    4sims4%20Results.png
    4Sims4 PRS Jack Frost by @persrealshadow

Love this frosty build. It was really wonderful for Jack. And his special room was amazing with the map and the icy pictures and art easels. The outside was very cold and I loved the fish stocked pond. It almost looked frozen over. The ice crystals all around the house really was a nice touch as well as the beautiful crystals! Well done!

Claus Cottage by @gixxergirl
    NOVICE

Nice red and green touches throughout. I loved the special room with the cupcake machine and play table. Santa loved his computer space and Mrs. Claus really enjoyed her soap operas in the warm family room. The kitchen was very cozy and welcoming. I really liked the snowy touches on the outside. Didn’t know that was available for the landscaping! And I liked the snowman you made out of rocks. Clever!

Ebenezer Scrooges House by @Lisa17Ann

Wow. My jaw dropped when this plopped on the lot. It really reminded me of those old English large cottages! And what we see in the films. Goodness! What was really neat was I have the winter mod turned on for Granite Falls and so the trees had snow on them which added to the effect of winter. Ha! I especially enjoyed seeing Scrooge’s counting desk with his books and could see him doing his business there. Perfectly executed! Loved all the little details here and the snowballs outside. Your Scrooge himself was amazing! He immediately was sad because he was evil AND good! Had to take off a few points because the basement fireplace was blocked by the dining room set, but otherwise, AWESOME JOB!

Deck the Halls by @sawdust
    Buddy the Elf

Okay…this is SO BUDDY! Everything is so overdone to the TOP in Christmas fun! And the outside is so perfect with all the lights and even Santa’s sleigh out back! The cottage exterior itself is just right for an elf (a large one—ha!) And all the pinks and cotton candy touches were wonderful! Buddy’s special room is perfect for him where he can write Christmas cards and keep cards from friends and all of his collectibles PLUS a workstation because he needs to hone his elf skillz…I love the old fashioned feel throughout while keeping Buddy’s sugarplum tastes exploding throughout with the purple and lights. There is a corner that’s very much like the one in the movie where Buddy sits on his Papa’s lap.

Pink Candy Xmas Cottage @popettypop2012
    NOVICE
    Sugar Plum Fairy

Cute little pink cottage! And I loved the pink pool outside and all the fun your fairy had here! I appreciated you thought ahead that a fairy would want a garden and the different colored light snowflakes really set off your cottage! The pink touches were wonderful throughout! The only thing missing was a special room. I didn’t see it here. It had to be something other than the standard rooms. Also didn’t see a formal dining room which was in the specs. Otherwise, a very well done cottage! 

Grinch Cottage by @chips46
    NOVICE

This seemed like the perfect cottage for The Grinch! It’s all nice and Christmassy in a rustic way but then when you get to the basement! You see his hordes of gifts and jewels and BOOZE! LOL! Very funny! And you even included Max the dog in the front yard. Nice touch. I thought your Grinch was well done, too. He liked living here very much. Set the grinchy mood perfectly!

And now for the results!
    4sims4%20Results.png
    Since there were only three entries in the OPEN category, we will give out one place and that goes to...

Deck the Halls by @sawdust

CONGRATULATIONS!

For the NOVICE category, the winner is...

Grinch Cottage by @chips46

Hoping to get your awards to you sometime this week! :kissing_heart:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @pammiechick you have no idea what you have done, giving me unlimited again it just wont stop growing lol
    This build is going to take me forever
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Grats @sawdust and @chips46
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @pammiechick you have no idea what you have done, giving me unlimited again it just wont stop growing lol
    This build is going to take me forever

Oops! Sorry! But I can't WAIT to see it!!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @pammiechick Thank you for hosting and judging the challenge. I had fun building my pink cottage. Congratulations to the winners @sawdust and @chips46
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thankyou @pammiechick and thanks for the congrats from the other entrants. You all made some awesome builds! :D

Congratulations @chips46. I love your Grinch and the pics you've shared elsewhere in play are great.

Well done everyone. :)
  • Options
    Congrats to the winners great entries
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,667 Member
    Congratulations @sawdust and thank you @pammiechick for your feedback and encouragement I had lots of fun entering :) thanks for the congratulations from everyone who participated you all made some awesome builds :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Results
    4sims4%20Results.png
    ***Ode To Sims***

Sweet Dreams Resort By @cbear13
    Island Paradise
    Babes on the beach

Oh my goodness! This was an amazing resort! Everything was so thought out and your sims had a fabulous time here dancing, drinking coffee, going to the spa, going up top to do some fun things. And when the got tired, they went to their wonderful rooms! I loved the sandy hues which conveyed the beach and all the little details that made me feel like it was a resort in Island Paradise. I’m blown away! Only problem I had was it was set as residential so I had to change it and had a heck of a time getting the game to allow it. It needed to be either a lounge, nightclub, spa, or coffee bar. I set it to coffeebar but I think it should be a spa to get more NPC’s.

PRS Peony House by @persrealmshadow
    World Adventures (Spa/resort)

This really has that Old World China feel from World Adventures. I loved the styling and my sims had fun here immediately with the wonderful staff. You made sure everyone was accommodated and even the upstairs reminded me of Shang Simla. The boxed Japanese style trees were perfect and the details of the roofing. Awesome job here. I was transported back to Sims 3! The only problem I found was I didn’t see your sim submission and that cost you points but otherwise, great job!

Bon Voyage? Bonne Année! By @twiggy
    Bon Voyage Sims 2

You hit high marks with creativity here. Pulling a resort from the Bon Voyage EP of Sims 2 was brilliant. And it had that vibe to it all the way through from the quaint alcoves to the décor. I loved the backyard feel this had and it had a touch of Asian influence which was great for Bon Voyage but also had an outdoorsy feel. Your sims had so much fun here until they collapsed in their beds. The only problem was I had to set it to a nightclub for you as you had it as a residence.

Sims 3 Island Resort @popettypop2012
    NOVICE
    Island Paradise

Wow! This really reminded me of those beach bungalows on Sims 3! And everything is here for a fun time! My sims really appreciated the nice beds and it had a beach, hotel feel. Not too upscale, which was perfect! I also liked the outdoor hut type tiki atmosphere and the upstairs nightclub! And thank you so much for setting it as a nightclub. That made the dj come and play with us! Nice!

4sims4%20Results.png

Since there were only three Open entries and one Novice, there will only be one place.

First place in the open category goes to...

Sweet Dreams Resort By @cbear13

First place in Novice category goes to...

Sims 3 Island Resort @popettypop2012

All entries, although not many, were of high quality and really blew us away. Great job, everyone! See you next time!
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hiya @pammiechick, thank you so much for the review and both judges for the judging of course! I built my entry on a lot in Granite Falls, so it is actually a vacation destination. It is as such a rental lot, but it is not possible to set it to that when sharing on Gallery. This just to clarify though :smile:

Congrats @Cbear13 and thank you for sharing that AMAZING hotel. Really wonderful creation. I loved the colorscheme throughout!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    YAY congrats! @Cbear13 well deserved win! Your resort was amazing! :)

@popettypop2012 for your win also well deserved! :)

Great job everyone!

• Options
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Hiya @pammiechick, thank you so much for the review and both judges for the judging of course! I built my entry on a lot in Granite Falls, so it is actually a vacation destination. It is as such a rental lot, but it is not possible to set it to that when sharing on Gallery. This just to clarify though :smile:

Congrats @Cbear13 and thank you for sharing that AMAZING hotel. Really wonderful creation. I loved the colorscheme throughout!

Hmm...I wonder if @cbear13 did the same thing! I looked it up on the gallery and it said residential. That stinks that it will change to residential when made in Granite Falls! Gotcha though! Thanks for clarifying. :) Wonderful job and I will be using your lot! Loved how when you enter, there was that fun arcade! Dreamer's little boy went to it immediately!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @cbear13 Grats :D and @Pammiechick you didn't see a sim LOL I didn't make one ;) I forgot they were "have to's" instead of "want to's" I'll try to remember ;)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    Oooh thank you everyone I had a ball building it <3
  • Options
    @cbear13 Grats :D and @Pammiechick you didn't see a sim LOL I didn't make one ;) I forgot they were "have to's" instead of "want to's" I'll try to remember ;)

Yeah...it's confusing. In this contest, we always make a sim to go with the build somehow. ;) Thanks! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Results
    4sims4%20Results.png
    ***All about YOU!***

Summervale Palace By @cbear13

Wow! What a gorgeous exterior! I couldn’t believe some of the touches. I really loved all the gazebos and insets set off by glowing white paint. I also loved the bubbles rising out of the ponds. Your sim loved to be out there and everything amazed. On the inside, I loved the ballroom and the grand kitchen and dining room. Your sim loved to watch tv in the entertainment area/office. The kids bedrooms were great and I thought the queen’s room was special! Was the queen's room your special room or the office? We weren't sure. But your architecture skills really are over the top. You should be proud!

PRS Shade Gardens by @persrealmshadow

I loved how you expressed yourself through this garden! No one would suspect anyone lived here but then there’s a nice living area in the basement! I especially loved the see through windows to the pool that matched the ponds. Your sim really liked to grill, too and like to walk around and garden. Only trouble was the lantern above in the kitchen blocked your sim from cooking so I moved it. Other than that, it was a fabulous area and I really thought it was cozy. I want to live there too!

Brooklyn Brownstone By @popettypop2012
    NOVICE

I love the look of your exterior. You nailed the NY brownstone! And the inside had everything a sim could love. Your sim immediately liked your personal room and I loved all the personal touches and those gorgeous windows. The kids had lots to do here as well and with three flights, you filled the home well. The backyard was very homey, too! I really liked the garden area and how you could see into it which a New Yorker would need since it’s a concrete jungle out there. Great job!

A&B Beginnings by @amycarolyn
    NOVICE

I love how you made this wonderful home for you and your boyfriend and I loved getting to know you! The home had everything anyone could want and I adored your outdoor area with the raised deck and built in hot tub. Great touch! I liked how the kids items greeted you when you walked upstairs. Your bar area was my favorite and your sims loved going there! In fact, I turned around and there they were at the bar chatting just like you and your boyfriend do after work! So nice. Great job!

Newcrest Zoo by @lisa17ann

Goodness this was amazing! I laughed when I saw the two cowplants in one of the cages! And the polar section was adorable! I liked all the stands and café. I loved how everything was laid out—so creative! I will definitely be using this zoo in my future games. It’s crazy pretty and I even had sims on dates here autonomously! The bug area was so true to life with the kid center. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was your special room. But wonderful job on this!

Train Depot by @lionessinMN

WOW! I’m amazed at the attention to detail on this train depot! It looks real! And would be an awesome backdrop in a story, too! The downstairs waiting area was perfect with the café, vending machines, bathrooms, and video games. The train area itself looked so good with the glass overhangs and benches with the warning signs to “Mind the gap” Ha! (Been to London…hee!) I loved your special room with the model train. This was a knock out awesome entry no matter the outcome! You should be proud of yourself! Great job!

My Dream Home by @pronterus

Wow…this home is architecturally awesome! I think we have the same tastes! And your special room was so wonderful—it just fit! I love the sleek modern feel with just a few Asian touches. The carport was awesome and I liked the workout room. Your sim could do everything here with ease and I felt home in this place. I loved the double floor ceilings and how you could look out over the balcony into the lower floor from above. Outside, I thought the curb appeal very special. And I loved how you had a rooftop place for your sims to look out over the area (with security camera, of course). The only problem was your sim got sick on the fruitcake that was there from the neighbors. Blecch! (You didn’t get counted off for it, though….ha! I thought it was funny!) Nice job!

4sims4%20Results.png

And now to the results...

This was hard because everyone put so much of themselves into it and it showed! I loved getting to know all of you personally from these. Since there were only five entries in the OPEN category, there can only be one winner.

First place NOVICE goes to...

Brooklyn Brownstone By @popettypop2012

And first place overall goes to...

Train Depot by @LionessInMN

Congratulations!!!!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Congratulations on winning the novice section! @popettypop2012 :)

Congratulations on winning the overall section! @LionessInMN :)

Each of the entries were very special builds!
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning @popettypop2012 :) and @LionessInMN :)
    I loved everyones build and had so much fun making my little zoo :)

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @lisa17ann
  • Options
    Congrats on winning @popettypop2012 and @LionessInMN great entries
    @pammiechick of course the queens bedroom was my special room cause I am the queen of that palace hehe