Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know - Get together "edition"

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I haven't played much of the game so far. But I really like the new text message system, sims can send texts depending on their mood. My sim lost her husband and she has the option to send a sad text. I also like the new "console about death" interaction.

I'm looking forward to playing more today!

Sending happy and flirty emotional texts triggers events. Not sure what sending a sad text does? Maybe they'll take your sim out for a coffee?

My sim was so angry after a bad socialization with a neighbor and sent an angry text to her husband at work and he asked her if she wanted to meet him at the pool to calm her down. I had her accept and he met her thre and gave her a hug and a calm down talk. LOL he even got docked money from his paycheck.

That's interesting. I'm not seeing any of this type stuff in my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    caleecalee Posts: 24 Member
    > @Cinebar said:

> That's interesting. I'm not seeing any of this type stuff in my game.

My sims didn't receive any return texts until I removed the slow time mod from my game.
  • Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    So cool! Can't wait to check out all things!!!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    If your Sim does a cannonball dive, their swim shorts will sometimes come off and they'll end up nude in the pool :D Sadly, I don't think there's a moodlet that goes with this...
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    If your Sim does a cannonball dive, their swim shorts will sometimes come off and they'll end up nude in the pool :D Sadly, I don't think there's a moodlet that goes with this...

I know there is one and my sim got sad from it however I wasn't paying attention when it happened XD

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    My sim was sad, so I had him send a sad text to Jade Rosa (if that's her last name) and she invited him over to cheer up!
    Unfortunately it was about 2pm during the week, and even though she invited my sim over, she was at work when he got there....

That is messed up. I'm pretty sure she did that on purpose - she is mean. I love hating her.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Not sure if this has been said before, but you know how in the relationship panel, a sim could invite another sim to hangout, or send them a text, etc, by clicking on the Sims image? Well now, if you click on a sim that is a member of a club you can use "invite club" and have that sim and their club come hangout at your current location! This is so much easier than switching between households if you want certain clubs to hang out at the same time that dont each have members in your current household! My life just got so much better! Lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Reading this thread makes me excited about GT. I can't wait until Christmas. I asked for it for Christmas. Waiting (im)patiently.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    If you go into modify club outfit and select different everyday outfits(everyday 1,2,3,4,5), your group will wear different outfits,( i.e. say you wanted sims to dress in the same outfit, but in different colors.) I made my big bang group dress as different superheros.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

I know there is one and my sim got sad from it however I wasn't paying attention when it happened XD

I wasnt paying attention to my sim when it happened either, but he got a confident moodlet from it :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    will681 wrote: »
    If you go into modify club outfit and select different everyday outfits(everyday 1,2,3,4,5), your group will wear different outfits,( i.e. say you wanted sims to dress in the same outfit, but in different colors.) I made my big bang group dress as different superheros.

In the clubs I've done this in, they'll still sometimes show up in the same outfit: the algorithm for outfit selection doesn't take into account what the other members pick from the options, so if you get 5 Sims in 5 separate outfits, it's like you won the lottery :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    yes, got the luck of the draw...the group has four sims and made five different outfits; know that they still could dress alike, but read that article on SimVIP with the developers talking about what clubs they've made and one set five different shirts for his group and I wanted to work out how that was done.
  • Options
    Wait, I thought the limit on setting club outfits was 3?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

Nope!

Club members = 6, up to 8 with a perk
    Clubs one Sim can belong to = 3
    Club outfits = 5 per outfit category for each mannequin
    Clubs in the world = ∞ (but in practice limited by number of Sims in the world)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

Nope!

Club members = 6, up to 8 with a perk
    Clubs one Sim can belong to = 3
    Club outfits = 5 per outfit category for each mannequin
    Clubs in the world = ∞ (but in practice limited by number of Sims in the world)

Awesome! I guess I better get to creating more outfits!
  • Options
    frumpypigskinfrumpypigskin Posts: 15 Member
    Reading this makes me want to get GT so much more oml
  • Options
    kimilatifkimilatif Posts: 53 Member
    off topic, does anybody know how to change phone cover? i thought i read somewhere we can change our sims phone's cover..
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kimilatif wrote: »
    off topic, does anybody know how to change phone cover? i thought i read somewhere we can change our sims phone's cover..

They changed their minds and aren't doing it now.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    kimilatif wrote: »

They changed their minds and aren't doing it now.

Yeah initially that was the case but the gurus opt out of it during development either cause of time or just not any room for it for the EP. Hopefully we'll get something like that in the future. Or to buy new phones
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Or they decided it was too complicated to do it, so they just didn't.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Or they decided it was too complicated to do it, so they just didn't.

It was pretty obvious from the phrasing that it came down to what fit within the EP's development and/or asset budget. That's a pretty normal thing in game design: you have x to use, and you can't use every idea you come up with. It's too bad the initial marketing was put together as early as it was, or this wouldn't have been an issue known to the public. It would have been one of many, many perfectly usual nobody-but-the-company-knows things that didn't get in in the end.
  • Options
    kimilatifkimilatif Posts: 53 Member
    awh too bad, tho its only a small detail but it seems fun to be able to change phone covers :/
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Every time you join a new (open invite) club, a gathering happens immediately!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    A bad dive won't satisfy the whim to do a particular kind of dive.
  • Options
    kante_baekante_bae Posts: 2 New Member
    You can Make Out and Woohoo in closets now.