May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still No Toilet Stalls. Really, Maxis? Development needs more time.

VickiVampiressVickiVampiress Posts: 211 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I figured Get Together was the perfect EP/Update to reintroduce public toilet stalls, which weirdly also are missing... Despite there being a lot of public lots in the base game, but that aside...

Why do we still not have toilet stalls? It's so weird for them NOT to be in Get Together. It makes no sense at all. I get that the privacy system in The Sims 4 is efficient and advanced enough to make actual toilet stalls unnecessary, but seriously, come on. I know I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but to me it's a big deal. Those walls covering toilets halfway, or entire rooms for a single toilet is just weird. Stalls would make restroom usage much more efficient, and could be a potential woohoo location as well.

Every feature that's not in the base game that was present in previous, less advanced iterations (excluding CAST and Open World) makes me feel very disappointed in the developers' priority list and EA's understanding of said developers' process in fixing a failed project, which just isn't possible in a mere 1,5 years.

Either way, it kinda baffles me we don't have toilet stalls. Where has the time gone when developers actually had time to pump an EP or entire game full of content and not release an unfinished product? Unless EA will grant the developers more time, this will keep happening, and we will keep having to pay more for less.

TL;DR: The developers deserve more time because a lack of small details that were present in the past is the proof of there not being enough of said time. Lower priority content and good ideas get scrapped entirely, but we still pay full price. It's a waste of skill and talent.
1Q6xf0t.jpg
Post edited by VickiVampiress on

Comments

• Options
    [ ♦ ] The Sims Classics : Bring back our objects #42. toilet stall
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822410/the-sims-classics-bring-back-our-objects/p1

Oh, well woohoo me. That's convenient. Nice thread.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    In the meantime you can use the tallest half walls to make cubicles, and the male/female doors that were added in a patch. It works really well!

• Options
    In the meantime you can use the tallest half walls to make cubicles, and the male/female doors that were added in a patch. It works really well!

It's not perfect, and I'd much rather have the good old toilet stalls, but it's a very creative compromise. I'll give that a shot, maybe it'll make things look better than they do right now.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I like making the individual rooms -- you can use a better quality toilet as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I like making the individual rooms -- you can use a better quality toilet as well.

That doesn't mean we should not have toilet stalls. They're efficient, both financially as well as in space. That, and they look nice in certain public lots and could serve as a woohoo and hiding location (for embarrassed Sims).

I think Maxis has a niche for positive feedback more than negative. For every hundred players that give negative feedback there's always at least 10 that do the opposite, usually resulting in Maxis ignoring the other 90 players. I'm not sure whether it's ignorance or lack of interest or passion.

We will never find out because Maxis doesn't want or isn't allowed to give us any insight on their progress and plans, as if they're working on secret experiments instead of one of the best franchises ever that now sits on the fence and keeps leaning from failure to success, and back..
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I remember when they were in a free 'potty park' you could down load in the TS1 days after House Party came out. Feedback told them that they needed more toilets after too many 'accidents' would happen! :o

We also got the urinal back then as well. Does TS4 have urinals?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think it's a lack of animators, artists and or engineers, but programmers. I have come to the conclusion they have one guy sitting over in the corner (if truth be known) having to do all the work programming for everything right down to bug fixes, too.

Imagine you are given an animation box (much like a pose box) and all the animations are there and you run through them and see what animations the Sim can do, then it's up to you to put those together to make sense. Like I said, one guy and besides the artists and animators, the rest are producers who do not actually do any of the work.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't think it's a lack of animators, artists and or engineers, but programmers. I have come to the conclusion they have one guy sitting over in the corner (if truth be known) having to do all the work programming for everything right down to bug fixes, too.

Imagine you are given an animation box (much like a pose box) and all the animations are there and you run through them and see what animations the Sim can do, then it's up to you to put those together to make sense. Like I said, one guy and besides the artists and animators, the rest are producers who do not actually do any of the work.

They sell lies and marketing, so there's that... I guess. But now that you mention it, Maxis does seem to have a lot of producers for The Sims. In all these years I think I've seen and heard like 4 or 5 of them in previews and demos.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,377 Member
    edited December 2015
    The Sims 4 is still very young, it remains 8 EP, 8 GP and 16 SP to release at least.

I think the toilet stall is planned for the Skyscraper/Apartment/Restaurant EP/GP same as the lounge chair is planned for the Beach EP/GP.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well I think the team that works actively on The Sims 4, became very small. I have a feeling that the teams working on previous series were much bigger. So many Gurus left!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Well I think the team that works actively on The Sims 4, became very small. I have a feeling that the teams working on previous series were much bigger. So many Gurus left!

I wonder if the 100 people they said working on this game are still with this game or they were moved around and we have two programmers, a handful of artists and two world builders and fifteen producers? lol Sorry, but I just can't get out of my head (even months later) what that one ex employee (who went on to something else, not fired) said.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The Sims 4 is still very young, it remains 8 EP, 8 GP and 16 SP to release at least.

I think the toilet stall is planned for the Skyscraper/Apartment/Restaurant EP/GP same as the lounge chair is planned for the Beach EP/GP.

This. So much this. ^

Sims 3 had somewhere around 11 EPs. Sims 2 had 8? Sims 1 had 6 or 8 as well. Sims 4 so far has 2.

Patience is a virtue. It's been what, a year and a few months since release. Oh, so long! ... :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a non-optional necessity in this case.

• Options

This. So much this. ^

Sims 3 had somewhere around 11 EPs. Sims 2 had 8? Sims 1 had 6 or 8 as well. Sims 4 so far has 2.

Patience is a virtue. It's been what, a year and a few months since release. Oh, so long! ... :p

One year, three months and twenty days and yet where is the toddlerz? but I don't think we got toilet stalls or urinals in TS3 until Late Night so I will be fair and say that they are not exactly base game content despite that TS2 had them in the base, they weren't the most important of things where they?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

This. So much this. ^

One year, three months and twenty days and yet where is the toddlerz? but I don't think we got toilet stalls or urinals in TS3 until Late Night so I will be fair and say that they are not exactly base game content despite that TS2 had them in the base, they weren't the most important of things where they?

*waits for someone to make an account doing nothing but championing the all-important Missing Toilet Stalls*

But yeah. You can use walls and a door and you get a perfectly decent-working, proper-sized toilet stall out of it, and it doesn't have to be cheap aluminum or whatever EA wants it to be, either.

(Psst, King ... Urinals only are useful for half the Sims ;) )
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

This. So much this. ^

*waits for someone to make an account doing nothing but championing the all-important Missing Toilet Stalls*

But yeah. You can use walls and a door and you get a perfectly decent-working, proper-sized toilet stall out of it, and it doesn't have to be cheap aluminum or whatever EA wants it to be, either.

I heard that if you didn't have the 'potty pack' in TS1 the toilets in Hot Date community lots would be walls and doors which apprently was riff with Sims walking in on each other considering there was no lockable doors back then ;)

As for urinals, I have heard of the urinettes for woman but these are rare for some reason...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

That depends on how creative the animators want to get. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options

I can see it now, urinals are added to TS4 and minor bug or oversight sees woman using it the same way as men! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

*backs away slowly from the topic*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

ZTW2Ixh.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1