Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 is still incomplete for me

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Hmmm... strange list... Hottub ? it's SP content.

If you only bought the basegame compare September 2014 to November 2015, these features were added :
    1. Life state: Ghost
    2. Build mode: Swimming pool
    3. Careers: Business/Athletic careers
    4. Live mode: Paid Time Off
    5. User interface: Genealogy
    6. Build mode: Basement
    7. World: Newcrest
    8. Live mode: Locked door
    9. Build mode: Half wall
    10. Object: Dishwasher
    11. Trait: Jealous trait
    12. Live mode: "Claim" bed
    13. NPC service: Repairman

And I don't talk about Holiday Celebration Pack and Star Wars costumes, all this content is FREE

I still believe just it was the "first part".

Upcoming major update: 64-bit and bigger population allowed.

No where did I say The sims 4 base game. I said the sims 4.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,252 Member
    edited December 2015
    No where did I say The sims 4 base game. I said the sims 4.

You're right. In this case, The Sims 4 can't be complete as long as the last pack isn't released.

Just imagine if TS4 was complete after the EP02, there would be no sense to release new packs because the most of people won't need them.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Sorry to hear that OP, but since the other iterations are complete you can always enjoy them instead. However, I feel the opposite and couldn't be more pleased with the game (and its addons) right now.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Sorry to hear the game is incomplete for you, I hope one day it becomes complete for those who feel there's something missing. In my personal opinion, the game, in terms of just the Base Game, was complete the moment it released, but overall a game is not complete and does not offer the maximum experience without additional content, so of course The Sims 4 is incomplete, so was The Sims 3, The Sims 2 and the original The Sims until their last Patch and Pack. They've added both basic and big additions to the game, especially when they could've just as easily sold them as premium content, so I'm happy we're getting icing for the cake :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the game is incomplete for you, I hope one day it becomes complete for those who feel there's something missing. In my personal opinion, the game, in terms of just the Base Game, was complete the moment it released, but overall a game is not complete and does not offer the maximum experience without additional content, so of course The Sims 4 is incomplete, so was The Sims 3, The Sims 2 and the original The Sims until their last Patch and Pack. They've added both basic and big additions to the game, especially when they could've just as easily sold them as premium content, so I'm happy we're getting icing for the cake :3
    Yeah but the sims 2 and 3 basegames didn't have missing features and weren't bare bones.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah but the sims 2 and 3 basegames didn't have missing features and weren't bare bones.

Well, this is very subjective, I don't miss any features, to be honst (when it comes to base games). I am aware of the fact that some features we were used to didn't make it into the fourth iteration but it's always like this: you lose some, you get some.

I started to watch a Let's Play of somebody who only played TS2 base game. And he literally could play this game only for 1 1/2-2 hours (!) without getting bored and having to buy a couple of eps xD. The first episodes are an epic boring sleep-fest (obviously, since there is not much to do):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVOcugKQPsM&index=1&list=PLsvukyMO96IVauCom6YaK-GKnjYGBBaNR&ab_channel=Spielkind45

I had to do this because I own the Ultimate Edition and I think it's not possible to only activate the base game (as far as I know).

Edit: Btw: The same guy played the TS4 base game for months!! Just sayin'.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,252 Member
    edited December 2015

There is a tons of things which is missing in The Sims 2 : Superstar/Showtime EP, Into The Future EP, Makin' Magic/Supernatural EP, ...
    In The Sims 3, Get Together EP, Open For Business EP and Medieval EP are missing.

In TS2 and TS3, there are many things from The Sims 1 which are missing.

All depends on the point of view ;) !
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited December 2015

Perhaps in your opinion but in my own opinion, there's barely anything missing in The Sims 4 Base Game, I wasn't promised anything nor did they advertise the game to have anything that wasn't in the game at launch. I like The Sims 4 and content that wasn't added in the game that was in previous iterations weren't really important to me, It's just my personal opinion :) For me the only things missing are Apartments, Pets, and Supernaturals, The Sims 3 never had the first and The Sims 4 doesn't have the first two currently either.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For me it's not just items or features that are missing that make the basegame boring, it's the overall gameplay I find lacking. I just don't care to follow their wishes, because when I've done that, they wish for the very same thing again.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Well, now, I hear the new patch brought autonomous woohoo. How do you guys like *them* apples?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Well, now, I hear the new patch brought autonomous woohoo. How do you guys like *them* apples?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfmFdaBdyk
    WHAT?!

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Look around...there's several threads about it. I think there's even one in feedback.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ScoutsaScoutsa Posts: 12 New Member
    I bought Sims 4 and still play from time to time but I frankly get bored with it and go back to the Sims 3 which is much more fun despite its drawbacks. I really wish the developers had listened to the community beforehand. I really miss CASt - nothing in sims 4 seems to match and the style options are so limited, its taken a massive part of the fun of the game away for me. I also miss the openworld of sims 3 and the different atmosphere of each town that you could play. I played the work expansion for sims 4 (see I don't even know off the top of my head what it's called) and was bored in a day. Create a Sim and building is so much better and the graphics are great but that's where it ends for me and it's not enough. Huge shame, extremely disappointed. I used to get really excited about a Sims 3 expansion but with Sims 4 it's like meh. Gutted at this game really.