Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons So Needed In Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    JulietBloomsJulietBlooms Posts: 3 New Member
    I soo agree. Seasons would be amazing in the Sims 4. There was so many things you could do in the community in the Sims 3 seasons. Events happening left and right, it would make the Sims 4 come alive. Especially with Get Together coming out!! All the events you could do with your group and friends. Ooh im excited.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I soo agree. Seasons would be amazing in the Sims 4. There was so many things you could do in the community in the Sims 3 seasons. Events happening left and right, it would make the Sims 4 come alive. Especially with Get Together coming out!! All the events you could do with your group and friends. Ooh im excited.
    In fact, Seasons would give them the opportunity to expand on GT to include an outing with a club to go snow skiing in the mountains.

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I could use it now, I am so tired of the sun. I wish Seasons had been the first expansion pack.

Honestly they could have included Seasons in the base game.
  • Options
    Some of us, including me believes that seasons or weather should have been in the game from the beginning. Weather has always been an essential part of any world, even a fable one. Unless it's like an alien world like Sixam, then it's okay not to have weather there.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    We are most likely getting seasons in a few years, why are we all talking about seasons now?

Because it's cold outside in real life and yet everyone is jogging around in shorts in my game and it's weird. I'm screaming at my computer "BE AS COLD AS I AM"
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    We are most likely getting seasons in a few years, why are we all talking about seasons now?

Because it's cold outside in real life and yet everyone is jogging around in shorts in my game and it's weird. I'm screaming at my computer "BE AS COLD AS I AM"
    I know what you mean. Because I had spotted a non-played sim in Sims 3 making a snow angel while wearing nothing but her bikini in the dead of Winter. I was like, are you kidding me? I was waiting for her to stay there long enough to turn blue. But she didn't, she got up after making the snow angel and walked away. I'm assuming that she went home, where ever that was because I didn't see her anymore after that.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wonder how they are going to get the cardboard background to change. For those who have the fall and winter mods, does the background change??

Also I hope we are not waiting a few years for seasons. It is so annoying waiting for that pack. They should implement it faster so they don't have to update every town they add until season release. So much work and we end up getting less because of it.

Seriously, it should have been a selling feature of Sims 4 base game since there was nothing else in it for that crazy price. Thank goodness for the free patches so I can pretend I got my money's worth.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I wonder how they are going to get the cardboard background to change. For those who have the fall and winter mods, does the background change??

Also I hope we are not waiting a few years for seasons. It is so annoying waiting for that pack. They should implement it faster so they don't have to update every town they add until season release. So much work and we end up getting less because of it.

Seriously, it should have been a selling feature of Sims 4 base game since there was nothing else in it for that crazy price. Thank goodness for the free patches so I can pretend I got my money's worth.
    It does actually in some parts of the game. If you look closely at the clouds in the game in some areas. You can actually see them moving across the sky. And that isn't all that moves in the background either. The sun, the moon, and stars also move across the sky in the background.

• Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    How about in a seasons expansion they add weird types of weather like it rains grilled cheese. Sims could have an illness epidemic like grilled cheese fever (always hungry for grilled cheese)...something like that.

Or there could be random lightning strikes during rain that can knock the tv, computers or radios out. Maybe lose power during storms and there could be backup generators or use candlelight.

Maybe add a new candle making station?

During storms, there could be high wind that knocks over trees or could damage outside objects.
  • Options
    chinchillachinchilla Posts: 43 Member
    I would have loved to see seasons in the game from the start. Or even just rain. Oh well.
  • Options
    Raining grill cheese sandwiches, or even pancakes. That would make the sim Bob Pancake very happy, if it were to rain pancakes in the game. LOL!
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Yes a sim in a jacket on a bright sunny day is so wrong!
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    I don't understand why they don't release weather as the next EP (it will never be in the base game because money, money, money) since so many of us want it. I'd rather wait a little longer if they need to work on weather to make it good than have more other EP come out first.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I don't understand why they don't release weather as the next EP (it will never be in the base game because money, money, money) since so many of us want it. I'd rather wait a little longer if they need to work on weather to make it good than have more other EP come out first.
    A lot of it has to do with the amount of info in the game. You can add only so much to each game. This is the reason why we have packs for video games in the first place. I will agree that somethings that they had added in the base game should have been left for an pack of some kind in favor of having weather in the base game.

• Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    I did like the idea of the cold weather clothing from sims 3...neat stuff
  • Options
    NSizemoreNSizemore Posts: 4 New Member
    At this point I feel like a lot of the old EPs should be either included in the base game or in a free update like pools and ghosts were. Pets and weather are both excellent examples, it is just getting ridiculous to have to continue to pay 40 dollars for a "new ep" that we have already seen in game across 4 generations now. I would love for them to include natural disasters in this one too, I think it would add an excellent realistic quality to it. I wish they would have done seasons or university, or even a supernatural or world adventure/island paradise style EP before spa day and some of the others because, quite frankly, I care significantly less about spa activities or clubs than I do realistic weather, vacation, or college. I have played since Sims 1 and always bought every EP as it was released but I haven't bought one since Get to Work and I don't plan to until the prices drop because I just don't care as much about them. I actually reinstalled the sims 3 so I could play it because S4 was just getting too boring. I would love to see some NEW ideas in the EPs and release the older EPs like seasons and the others as cheaper game packs or free DLCs. At this rate there probably wont ever be a Sims 5 and sadly I'm not sure I would buy it at this point anyway. Three was excellent, as was 2, but 4 has just been so limited, has no option for customization, and has just been really disappointing :(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd like to see lawnmowers make an appearance.

That would be interesting, but it would be better if we could see our neighbours out cutting the grass too. With the current system, we never see our neighbours out at all or any activity on any lots aside from the public areas. If they opened up neighbourhoods and allowed us to see activity it would be a lot better than just sending a sim out to cut the grass.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    teaa5 wrote: »
    Seasons <3 ehhh.. would love to see them asap and weather with some extreme weather.. but it will not happen any soon;(((
    We did have some extreme weather in TS3. The extreme weather in TS3 was in the form of heavy snowfall, and heavy rain, and strong winds too. But nothing on the scale of tornadic weather, or anything on that scale of extreme weather. But yes I did have heavy rain, snow, and high winds in mind when I had started this thread about Seasons needing to be in TS4.

Would love to see that in sims 4 :)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

It does actually in some parts of the game. If you look closely at the clouds in the game in some areas. You can actually see them moving across the sky. And that isn't all that moves in the background either. The sun, the moon, and stars also move across the sky in the background.

I noticed that. I was wondering about those fake trees way in the back. The only way to describe them is cardboard..lol. I was wondering if people were able to mod them into the winter and fall scenery.
  • Options

I noticed that. I was wondering about those fake trees way in the back. The only way to describe them is cardboard..lol. I was wondering if people were able to mod them into the winter and fall scenery.
    I'm not really certain about that since I don't follow mods for the game that closely. But I would assume that somebody has mod those by now, since the game has been out for a little over a year now.

• Options
    limesim2limesim2 Posts: 71 Member
    I wish ts4 ver. season is much better than ts3.
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    There is an irony that the expansions we want the most, we get to play for the last amount of time before moving on to the next Sims version ;-). I to am a Seasons/pets aficionado. It is a long wait but worth it. Hopefully we get a lovely snowy holiday world this time, my favourite holiday of all in the Sims was the snowy lodge in Sims 1, I loved it.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    For some reason, sims 4 is really needing seasons sooner. The others I could wait for but I'm dying for seasons now. I'm tired of sunny days. You know they'd still make as much money releasing it sooner so i don't know why they wait to release it.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    For some reason, sims 4 is really needing seasons sooner. The others I could wait for but I'm dying for seasons now. I'm tired of sunny days. You know they'd still make as much money releasing it sooner so i don't know why they wait to release it.
    Seasons urgency came about now because of Windenburg. Add snow to that and it would look just like a Christmas village, with it's old Tudor style buildings and all.

• Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Seriously!!! Immerse us into our sim lives please!!! The option to watch the snow or rain out the window was so cute. My sims did it automatically most of the time.