Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons So Needed In Sims 4

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wouldn't mind seasons in terms of a change of look to the outdoors, but I'd rather not have weather. That's needless lag for no good reason. In almost any game, it's needless lag for the sake of 'atmosphere'.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Macygrace123Macygrace123 Posts: 7 New Member
    Exactly. I want rainbows, rain, thunder, lightning, hail, snow, falling leave piles, flowers, etc.
    It's so dang boring just having constant perfect sunshine. Your plants are always growing, your sim never gets too hot etc. BORING.
    I would have thought seasons would be already in the base game or at least the second or third expansion by now! :/
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Seasons will be beautiful in TS4 since I find all the worlds in TS4 stunning, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Widenburg and Willow Creek during the sim seasonal months. Now as far as seeing seasons anytime soon... I highly doubt it. Which I can wait patiently. Seasons was the 5th expansion out of 8 expansions in TS2, and in TS3 it was the 8th expansion out of 11. So there's somewhat a pattern that seasons is always in the middle of the series. GT is the 2nd expansion so I'm betting Seasons won't come out until late 2017 to mid 2018.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    A new whim that I want is for a sad sim to walk in the rain if it's raining.
  • Options
    To tell the difference between spring and summer, the grass, plants, shrubs, bushes, and trees should be a little darker green in the summer and a lighter green in the spring.
  • Options
    When a sim goes outside in the winter, they should automatically be wearing a jacket, gloves, pants, and winter hat.
  • Options
    There should be a sit in front of fireplace option.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Oh yes, please! Pets or University is usually my favorite EP, but for TS4 I want seasons and weather so bad. All the detail they've put into the landscapes so far, like the sunsets and moonrises in Windenburg, morning fog, sand blowing around in OS and so on, makes me so excited for what they'll be able to do with the changes in seasons and weather in this game. I hope they don't wait until the last EP to make it!
  • Options
    Lady_ChilliLady_Chilli Posts: 157 Member
    Yes yes yes!!!!
  • Options
    4000000000040000000000 Posts: 3 New Member
    I want to see a nice little pot-belly stove, all the other fireplaces are too big. And it would be really cool if they could have jackets that fit over their tops, similar to how hats fit over their hair, so that they don't have to change completely to go outside. Ooh maybe they'll even bring back ice skating for those little ponds.
    One thing I'd really love is if each city was effected by seasons differently; like Oasis Springs got very little snow and rain except for maybe once a season, Willow Creek could be a more wet and hot climate, Windenburg more cool temperatures, and Newcrest maybe an average balance.
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    I'm looking forward to a lovely sunburn! And ice cream truck.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I totally agree Seasons, Weather and Temperature should have been a base game feature. I also think the four Sims Holidays should have been included or at least been a recurring updated feature. What I mean is that having the Seasons, water and Temp being base game stuff that when the first Winter rolled around Snowflake Day could have been introduced with 2 game features. (1) Holiday lights upon the houses and Commercial buildings and (2) The ability to select the Front Door and apply a Door Wreath. Then when they introduced the Holiday Party Stuff pack it really would have been flushed out. Then the next year they could have added new features with an Update like new Holiday Foods or a Game Play Interaction like send a holiday card or caroling. It would make Holidays really something to look forward to 4 times a year.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Okay, I agree, seasons would be nice...but seasons have never been in the base game, so I never expected them to be in it.