Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons So Needed In Sims 4

I was just looking at a panoramic view of downtown Windenburg today. I was just looking at all of what's in the screenshot, and I just visioned about how beautiful Windenburg would look in the Fall after all the leaves have turned. And then I started visioning the screenshot in Winter, just after a snow storm had gone through. The trees brown and bare with fresh snow covering them, and everything else. Then I started visioning the screenshot in Spring with the Spring flowers in full bloom. And the same with Summer with the Summer flowers in full bloom. That would make GT even more enjoyable to play. And I would definitely be buying a Seasons Pack just to have a chance to play GT in all four Seasons.

Comments

• Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Seasons was needed from day one, weather & changing seasons would add so much to the games atmosphere.
    Even just some rain would be a very welcomed addition in my books, i just get sick of the sunshine that never ends.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Hopeinen wrote: »
    Seasons was needed from day one, weather & changing seasons would add so much to the games atmosphere.
    Even just some rain would be a very welcomed addition in my books, i just get sick of the sunshine that never ends.
    Oh yes, a rainy day is so needed in Sims 4. As well as a very foggy day. Yes, having a sim or sims just reading a book or books by a warm and crackling fire on cold and rainy day would be a very pleasant idea for the game too. I have thought about rain in the game. I just didn't add rain or fog in my post about seasons because both can be found in all four seasons.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,739 Member
    Please forgive me if this comes off sounding rude, but are all of you new to the Sims franchise? This game rarely gets Seasons so soon after launch. Yes, it was written into the code of Sims2, but they were also quick to tell us they couldn't resolve the issues of it raining inside the houses. When they felt they had tackled that problem, then we got weather in the game. I also noticed in playing Sims2:UC I could STILL see the rain inside the house. In order to NOT see it, I had to pan the camera around, just so. But, then again, in Sims4 I have had a random bird fly through my Founders' house — and it's fully enclosed with a roof, too. :open_mouth:

For me, the weather where I am is enough for me to go ahead and have a Sim light their fire. Then the Sims (and myself, vicariously) give the appearance of being warm. This is my third go-around with a Sims' base game. I know right where you are. Summer is my LEAST favorite season in RL, let alone to have it terminally (or so it feels, sometimes) in the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    edited November 2015
    We are most likely getting seasons in a few years, why are we all talking about seasons now?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    We are most likely getting seasons in a few years, why are we all talking about seasons now?

Why not talk about it now? Why not let the developers know the little things you hope to see and look forward to before all is set in stone?
    There is absolutely no way to know if or when Seasons will come to TS4, maybe next year, maybe never. How long would you propose simmers wait before they discuss Seasons?
  • Options
    Please forgive me if this comes off sounding rude, but are all of you new to the Sims franchise? This game rarely gets Seasons so soon after launch. Yes, it was written into the code of Sims2, but they were also quick to tell us they couldn't resolve the issues of it raining inside the houses. When they felt they had tackled that problem, then we got weather in the game. I also noticed in playing Sims2:UC I could STILL see the rain inside the house. In order to NOT see it, I had to pan the camera around, just so. But, then again, in Sims4 I have had a random bird fly through my Founders' house — and it's fully enclosed with a roof, too. :open_mouth:

For me, the weather where I am is enough for me to go ahead and have a Sim light their fire. Then the Sims (and myself, vicariously) give the appearance of being warm. This is my third go-around with a Sims' base game. I know right where you are. Summer is my LEAST favorite season in RL, let alone to have it terminally (or so it feels, sometimes) in the game.
    I am not new to the Sims Franchise by any means. I have been playing The Sims since Sims 1. It may seem like that I'm new to the Franchise because I have been playing under my current profile name for only five years now.

• Options

Why not talk about it now? Why not let the developers know the little things you hope to see and look forward to before all is set in stone?
    There is absolutely no way to know if or when Seasons will come to TS4, maybe next year, maybe never. How long would you propose simmers wait before they discuss Seasons?
    I agree, Why not talk about Seasons now? In fact, Maxis strongly encourages us to talk about these things because it gives them some insight on what the Simmers like and don't like. Like for instance, the Simmer that just commented on this thread that they don't care very much for the Summer season. They are saying to the devs that they don't like Summer very much, by posting that. It is still good to talk about Seasons for Sims 4 now, even if Seasons doesn't come out for several more years.

• Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    It would be nice to have seasons, just the weather part, I will be using the white sand as snow for winter.
    I have been playing Sims since the very beginning and what I have always wondered is why can people make mods and CC that can be added to the game, but the makers of the game can't add these things....
    By the way I don't use mods or CC, but would love some of their creations.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    pinkish wrote: »
    It would be nice to have seasons, just the weather part, I will be using the white sand as snow for winter.
    I have been playing Sims since the very beginning and what I have always wondered is why can people make mods and CC that can be added to the game, but the makers of the game can't add these things....
    By the way I don't use mods or CC, but would love some of their creations.
    Using white sand as snow. That would make for one very grainy snow pack to go sledding on. I have actually been sledding on white sand before. And even though it was fun, it sure was annoying having to try to get all that sand out of your clothes afterwards.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,011 Member
    I'd like to see lawnmowers make an appearance.
  • Options
    I'd like to see lawnmowers make an appearance.
    The lawnmowers! Lately I have been curious to see what mowing the lawn in Sims 4 would be like. So I'm all for lawnmowers making an appearance in Sims 4 too.

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member

Because by TS4 it should have been a base game feature.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2015
    At least rain should have been a base game feature.
    I say Definitely talk about future expansions now, before it's too late.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    RealPixelinaRealPixelina Posts: 27 New Member
    Yess! This is indeed something that is much MUCH needed in the sims. And, to all those who are thinking "Why bring this up now or why expect a Seasons pack so soon in the game" -- Seasons, in my opinion, adds so much nostalgia and excitement, warmth and depth to the game. It was the expansion pack I absolutely needed as my first when purchasing The Sims 3, I went playing with that expansion for 6 months until buying my next one. I would love nothing more than a Seasons expansion pack as the next EP. Please EA <3
  • Options
    stalesfostalesfo Posts: 70 Member
    I absolutely love seasons in TS2! Holidays seemed more real and the challenges were more challenging! I nevrr had the misfortune of rain appearing in the houses.
    All New Saraste Tales Spirit Animal/Legacy Challenge!
    Saraste Tales Intro
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Seasons is a must for this game and I hope the seasons we get this time is more advanced than past games seasons:
    1- more season related objects like a air conditioners for summer and heaters for winters
    2- Natural disasters
    3- season that affect the exteriors of your sim houses like the deteriorating paint etc
    4- Seasons affecting your sims health and body temperature
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    overdopequeenoverdopequeen Posts: 1 New Member
    I was hoping when the game came out seasons was automatically added to it. It just makes sense to be having different weather as you play not having ever lasting sunshine.
  • Options
    Seasons is a must for this game and I hope the seasons we get this time is more advanced than past games seasons:
    1- more season related objects like a air conditioners for summer and heaters for winters
    2- Natural disasters
    3- season that affect the exteriors of your sim houses like the deteriorating paint etc
    4- Seasons affecting your sims health and body temperature
    There are already AC units in the game, they have been there since the launch of TS4. They can be found in build mode, in with the chimneys. The only thing about the air conditioning units is that they are just roof decor that have no interaction or animation of any kind.

• Options
    AmaraRena wrote: »

Because by TS4 it should have been a base game feature.
    I agree with AmaraRena. Seasons or weather should have been in the base game from the start.

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Seasons <3 ehhh.. would love to see them asap and weather with some extreme weather.. but it will not happen any soon;(((
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5 wrote: »
    Seasons <3 ehhh.. would love to see them asap and weather with some extreme weather.. but it will not happen any soon;(((
    We did have some extreme weather in TS3. The extreme weather in TS3 was in the form of heavy snowfall, and heavy rain, and strong winds too. But nothing on the scale of tornadic weather, or anything on that scale of extreme weather. But yes I did have heavy rain, snow, and high winds in mind when I had started this thread about Seasons needing to be in TS4.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    I definitely want weather sooner rather than later.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Seasons was the 8th EP in the sim 3 and sadly, there's only two EP out this yr, I wonder do I really have to wait for another 2 yrs or more to get seasons? Yes, I feel so badly needed to put in my game.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Seasons was the 8th EP in the sim 3 and sadly, there's only two EP out this yr, I wonder do I really have to wait for another 2 yrs or more to get seasons? Yes, I feel so badly needed to put in my game.
    I hope that we don't have to wait that long for Seasons. Like Rflong7 had said in their post above, this is something that should have been in the game right from the start.

• Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I totally agree. Season has always been my favorite EP.