Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Please some one say it is TODAY!

I am totally in for the group add on. I want to see how the 64 bit would make a difference and I want the colored maps.
    Lots of goodies to wait for.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Oh I am sure you are correct. I just always play the better safe than sorry card. Lucky has never been a strong trait of mine and if something can go wrong, it usually does...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I am totally in for the group add on. I want to see how the 64 bit would make a difference and I want the colored maps.

64 bit is a lot more stabler than the 32 bit. You may or may not notice depending on your specs an improvement performance wise. At least that's what I noticed.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »

64 bit is a lot more stabler than the 32 bit. You may or may not notice depending on your specs an improvement performance wise. At least that's what I noticed.

Not expecting anything at this stage because the game runs very well, but I think this will be future proof when more packs are added and the game needs more resources.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

You know, you're very different from my first impression of you.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain it's today. I think patches are released around noon, but I'm not certain.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    I'm really interested in seeing how this group function works that is coming in the patch. Every time I take a group out on an outing I feel like Scorpion as I am constantly saying "Get over here!"...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Is anyone's Origin a smaller resolution after the update? I'm playing on a 1080p screen but now Origin looks huge like it should be on a smaller screen resolution. I tried uninstalling and it didn't help. I think the latest update kinda messed it up. Ugh.

Mine is
  • Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    I still think it will be the 8th when the patch comes out.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm actually seeing my game become somewhat sluggish with only 1.6GB of CC and mods. (i7 4790k•8GB•GTX 980) Hurrah for 64-bit on it's way. B)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

Anyway, I'm pretty certain it's today. I think patches are released around noon, but I'm not certain.

:) what impression did you have?
    Can't wait for this update. I just hope it wont have any serious bugs.

A word of advice to everyone. Back up your games before updating. This update is changing a lot of things.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm actually seeing my game become somewhat sluggish with only 1.6GB of CC and mods. (i7 4790k•8GB•GTX 980) Hurrah for 64-bit on it's way. B)

My game becomes sluggish at times. I just delete my cache and it runs fine again. Someone said that it shouldn't do anything but I know in my case it works.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited December 2015

How come? you should not experience any sluggishness. My specs are lower than yours and my CC is 3.2GB. The game runs very smoothly in ultra settings. I experience a bit of sluggishness when I play in 2K resolution.

Are you playing in 2K or 4K? I find HD 1980x1080 to be the best for my setup.
    When you feel the game is sluggish, minimize it and open task manager and look up what is eating up your resources, CPU and memory. I bet there is something else on your PC that is utilizing them other than the game.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I still think it will be the 8th when the patch comes out.

NOOOO please say it is today :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »
    I think we're not getting a thing until Thursday so they can build up a nerve. Well my nerve has been cut faster then a pair of scissors on a paper towel I want that update lol!

We got two new screenshots today.

Nobody wants their plum staged screenshots anymore. We just got hundreds of real ones from the creator's camp.

They only stage the screen shots at the beginning to get us feeling it.
    The Screen Shots at creators camp say doesn't not reflect actual gameplay because they are playing on a alpha or beta build.

The empty "club bubble" above their head means they're in a group, so I guess it's not a spinning blue plumbob.

Either they are in a group or its most likely a club with no insignia, but that is what a group is anyways right?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Why I am very interested in this patch because it makes changes/upgrades on different levels:

- Visually: by coloring the maps
    - Technically: by adding 64 bit support
    - Gameplay Changes: Adding the group option

And there is a big probability that we are getting the musical chairs fix and some tuning to the culling mechanics.

Theoretically this must be the best patch we are getting. Lets wait and see how practically it will be. I am very excited for this.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

My game becomes sluggish at times. I just delete my cache and it runs fine again. Someone said that it shouldn't do anything but I know in my case it works.

Again whenever you feel there is sluggishness first thing to do is to check the task manager and see if there is anything else causing it. Many times it turns out not to be the game but something else that is using the CPU.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Turning off Origin after the game launches helps a lot too. I use task manager to shut it down and my game runs so smoothly without it. I mean you can't use the gallery, but it works if you are just playing the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Not necessary anymore since the auto-disable mod function will do that for you :)

Just make sure you're mods are compatible before turning mods back on.

Do you know if the clubs are getting theme nights with the patch?
  • Options

Again whenever you feel there is sluggishness first thing to do is to check the task manager and see if there is anything else causing it. Many times it turns out not to be the game but something else that is using the CPU.

If you posted this in this thread I didn't see it. I was referring to what I was told a while ago. When I asked what else could be done I didn't get an answer so I just kept doing what worked. It was very busy thread so my question could have been overlooked. (c: I will try that next time. Having everything become golden again is annoying.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

:)what impression did you have?
    Can't wait for this update. I just hope it wont have any serious bugs.

A word of advice to everyone. Back up your games before updating. This update is changing a lot of things.
    Many months ago. During the earlier part of the year (Jan - Apr). You came off as snobbish to me is all.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Origin is always screwing up. When I had Origin, it'd update every time I opened it.

That was a Bug that was easily fixed by uninstalling and re-installing Origin.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Origin is always screwing up. When I had Origin, it'd update every time I opened it.

That was a Bug that was easily fixed by uninstalling and re-installing Origin.
    Nope. That didn't work for me. Tried that twice and it still happened.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Glad to see children can play with adults with the "don't wake the llama" game. I was worried that they might (for w/e reason) have to play with only other children. Glad that's not the case.

Do we know if it's a separate game that can be put onto any Table or is it a game attached to a Table?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Not necessary anymore since the auto-disable mod function will do that for you :)

Just make sure you're mods are compatible before turning mods back on.

So will I actually be safe in downloading today's Patch with Mods installed or should I take a precaution and remove my Mods Folder just in case it only auto-disables for all future Patches? Will there be an option or something? Sorry, just not 100% sure how it's gonna work.
  • Options
    Mine kept updating every time I opened it. Someone told me check and see if I had it set to automatically keep Origin updated and if so to uncheck. I did and it worked.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´