Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December patch today?

Comments

• Options
    stormycurlsstormycurls Posts: 57 Member
    Origin is all screwy I tried preordering GT and got an error code through origin and amazon that's linked into origin so I dunno what's going on
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Origin is always screwing up. When I had Origin, it'd update every time I opened it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Origin just updated. What's with that?

yup - here, too - except it didn't "take". It appeared to d/l ok but then stalled midway thru the install. It told me to try again later. I went back in after a couple of hours....and nothing. Everything looked like it always did and the cc was NOT disabled. I can't find that a d/l is in queue either. Now what?? :#
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Maybe they're trying a "dry run" for the real thing. :neutral:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Origin generally updates a day or two ahead of a game update. It's likely set up that way to make the two of them compatible with one another.

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Origin generally updates a day or two ahead of a game update. It's likely set up that way to make the two of them compatible with one another.

All right. Now that makes sense to me. Thanks.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Yup - me, too. I realized I'm getting a bit confused between Origin updates and the game updates. <sigh> I guess I'm always expecting trouble....sometimes when there is none. :|
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    Ugh whatever the update was stuffed up my game royally :)
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Glad to see children can play with adults with the "don't wake the llama" game. I was worried that they might (for w/e reason) have to play with only other children. Glad that's not the case.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have had a Origin update today UK Time
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Origin generally updates a lot and it isn't always due to the Sims. That engine hosts other EA games too. Generally it is an update to DRM platform itself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Please let it be today <3
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Glad to see children can play with adults with the "don't wake the llama" game. I was worried that they might (for w/e reason) have to play with only other children. Glad that's not the case.

I thought this might be the case as well. When I first saw the 'child game' and 'adult game' I thought there would be a restriction on children playing the adult game. the early photos (well that I saw) showed only adults (or teens) playing together and in another shot, only children playing together. thankfully that is not true.
  • Options
    Please let it be today <3
    Seems it's tomorrow.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    who said its today i think i will be something like 11 of the month

I think it will be next week (tuesday)

So, you're suggesting the patch will come out the same day the EP is released?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited December 2015
    It comes tomorrow, i'm sure of it. Just one more day ;)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    One of the SimGurus said Thursday. So I'm assuming that they are referring to the next game update. Since we are in fact in the first week of December. Not the first full week of Dec, but the first week of.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    Is anyone's Origin a smaller resolution after the update? I'm playing on a 1080p screen but now Origin looks huge like it should be on a smaller screen resolution. I tried uninstalling and it didn't help. I think the latest update kinda messed it up. Ugh.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I never got an Origin update when I fired up my game tonight. And I have auto update on for Origin.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I never got an Origin update when I fired up my game tonight. And I have auto update on for Origin.

Oh, I was talking about the recent one. It was from yesterday, I think?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    Today! I am sure :)
  • Options
    edwardreyedwardrey Posts: 20 New Member
    thursday probably
  • Options
    Which is now today.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't forget to clear out your mods folder before installing the update. I don't know about others but I end up with some sort of problem when I forget to do that. (c:

Not necessary anymore since the auto-disable mod function will do that for you :)

Just make sure you're mods are compatible before turning mods back on.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial