Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    Hello @everyone

Sorry I'm not very active at the best of times, but know I always recall the last page I was on and read up on my way to my latest post :D

Trying trying trying to get to my writing and back to my sims, but every time of late I try... you can bet my day becomes filled with everything possible to make me not have anytime to myself to just sit and be creative... grrr!!!

So happy to see everyone so busy, sad to see the writers blocks and frustrations, guess the rollercoaster of writing doesn't leave anyone out these days.

Oh oh; can someone/anyone confirm... I've heard rumors of a Sim4 Pose Player coming out... is this true???
    *prays-please say yes, please say yes!!!*

Well, again, I'm off to be busy outside my house... but hopefully later today I can get some self-time to get back to my writing, finally got some new shots taken... now to put them in order...

have a great day everyone
    *HUGS*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited December 2015
    @IvoryButterfly The Ts4 pose player is already out! :blush: I don't have a link handy (and I'm on my phone) but it's called Andrew's Pose Player. It's AWESOME, and was a total godsend for my story! :)

@RipuAncestor It's kind of funny, I've been slowly reading Dust to Dust from the beginning over the past several days (I've never done that before! It's an interesting experience!), and I noticed that I'm about where you are :lol: So I'm sitting here thinking to myself "I'm getting the RipuAncestor experience!" :lol: Hahaha it made me laugh :tongue:
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @EmmaBarbie congrats on making it to 50K! I've never done NaNo because I can't write with that kind of pressure LOL, but I envy those that can remain that focus and hit their goals. :)

Yay for inspiration! I love listening to music when I write. It really does help to get the creative juices flowing (sometimes)

@SilverDayBreak yep, Carter is still going strong. That's what happens when time isn't a real factor given the nature of the story. It's just overlooked in baby challenges, it has to be. He's married with one kid and has another on the way. :)

@mastressalita I'll have to remember to hit up your shout out section. And yes, my early chapters are bad, really bad, but hey we all start somewhere right? I won't go back and change them, it is what it is. If people can stick with it through the bad, they will get better quailty eventually. :) At least I hope they think it's better.

@thesealofthesims hello. Yeah, my story Kiss of a Vampire celebrated it's 4 year anniversary a few months back. My legacy just turned 2. I did self-publishing for my book, I didn't try to go the 'traditional' route with it. Yeah it did work for 50 Shades so go for it. Never know how things will go until you try. :)

@dreamerz13 congrats to you too for making it to 58K on NaNo!

@RebornMonster hiya. Me? A 'cool kid'? That's a first :D awesome. Looking forward to getting to know you and the others here.

I don't know what the conversation was in relation to sim-selves, but in reading your response I'd say I'm kinda the same way. I've made my sim-self, heck I made my whole family, but I've never played them. I've seen her featured in a friend's story so that was pretty cool.

@SilentWolf101 Thanks so much for reading. :) If you scroll to the bottom of the post, past the comments there's an option for next post. That might be your best option if you don't want to go back to the index every time. :)

@IvoryButterfly not sure if it's the same thing or not, but this: http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio I saw on tumblr a few months back. It might be what you're looking for.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @Nestea7 *hugs* That's what I do quite often -- I go through my old writing and say "Goodness, I've improved quite a bit" and restart the story. XD Maybe that's why I never finish anything anymore... XD
    @jazen Of course. Ohhhh, I didn't even see that! Thanks! Normally, the option is right at the end of the text, but that's alright. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @EmmaBarbie NaNo-Naps for everyone who needs them!

@CitizenErased14 :D The RipuAncestor Experience sounds like a title for a seriously weird and probably bad reality show (to be honest, in my opinion almost all reality shows are bad). I have no idea what it would be about, though. And it's really fun to sometimes reread your own work and see it differently.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Good morning!!
    Odette and Angela talked about mixology and interviewed a mixologist in their 3rd episode of their show.

The Odette and Angela Morning Show Season 1 Episode 3

@thesealofthesims So far, I'm loving GTW! There's new clothes, new hairstyles, new makeup, and new careers for my Sims. There's also an opportunity for my Sims to open a retail store and sell clothes and merchandise. Alien abductions are also included and I heard that Sims who are in the scientist and doctor careers are most likely to be abducted. There's 2 new skills that my Sims can learn: Photography and Baking. It's about time that they can bake some breadsticks, brownies, and other baked goods aside from the cakes and cookies. I especially loved the photography skill because my Sims can take seflies and photos and hang them around the house!

Hope everyone has a great day!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    'I just stopped by to say 'Hello'
    Just stopped to wish everyone a happy Tuesday'
    Now I'll share the link,
    to my latest blog post'
    Then will work on another post a little later'

Now I'll take my 'silly' self and leave
    But will be back later to catch-up'

That was my sorry attempt at writing to the tune of 'Stevie Wonder's' song, 'I just Called'.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/clansmen-of-change-curtain-raiser/

Silver
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys

Happy Tuesday :)

cover34_zpsoprh4ise.jpg

Painswater Point
    7.34 Worried http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?p=4300

Hope everyone is ok, I couldn't get into my account for a few days which was annoying :( Anyway have to go as I have work in the morning but will catch up tomorrow hopefully. Waves to everyone :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    Thank you @CitizenErased14 and @jazen for that, Jazen and others who know me know I don't use CC very much but anyone who has read my Sims blog KNOWS that I used the S3 poseplayer to it's full potential once I go into the swing of it.

@CitizenErased14 ; does it work like the Sims3 poseplayer? Anyone info from your first hand experience from someone like you who's already using it, would be really appreciated *bows*

It's a nice cool rainy day here today, and I've not much housework to do today, so, I've got my coffee, I'm on my lappy and all my fur-babies are happy playing in front of me on the tiled floor and hubby is sleeping in for his shift tonight... I think... I might go take some story pics... :D:D:D

Have a great day everyone
    mbytI0Z.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    So I've learned after like 3 days of fighting my game and it freezing every hour or so and having to be restarted, that I can't put buydebug lights in my builds anymore. I don't even know why I've used them so much so I don't know why suddenly my game is like "nope". Those lights are my life so I'll be in the corner crying into a tub of ice cream now

My sims are being little snots too. And my mods. SP was supposed to be off in my save, because I do NOT want anything it it being touched, I noticed it was on because it was spamming me with pop ups and was going to go sort it out but I before I got around to it I realized it did some very bad things in my game. >.< Now I'm kind of peeved at both my legacies for messing things up. I don't want to touch either right now, sadly I have to visit one everyday because of some simblr OTP thing I'm working on. >.<

So I returned to my novel/sim story from NaNoWriMo got to 60k before NaNo crept to a close :( and I can now dissect that and figure out what the heck I was saying half the time (It's so bad, lol, I love NaNo and the jumble of words that come out of it) and fight with my stubborn jerk characters and it'll be preferable to my "relaxing" game. Piece of junk, I should introduce it to the garbage bin (Note: this applies to both my novel and my game... of course there's still hope for one of them... it's not my game.)

Anyway.

EmmaBarbie wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

@dreamerz13 O_O 100K? Holy plumbobs, thats an amazing one month goal. Heck, two month even. Congrats on 58K :)

I have some news though. I was struggling with getting inspiration (been sick, haven't eaten much of anything for the last couple of days so I'm starting to feel that) and then I listened one of my favorite composers, Ludovico Einaudi. I listened to Primavera and Divenire and from those songs I had a SURGE of inspiration and wrote 874 words in 36 minutes. So I wanted to tell you guys about that music because its rrreeeeaaaallllyyy helps. Its like classical music but sounds like a fairytale for your ears.... if that makes sense xD If you're interested, they're on Youtube. Unfortunately I don't know where else you can find them :S
    Thanks.

I'll have to check that out, I just like music. I have weird writing inspirations, so how useful anything will be is debatable. but you never know what will work. Of course NaNo is over now, but it can hang around for general writing sessions and next year's NaNo.

12307383_439677092899597_8080739573339958688_o.jpg

The top one is her everyday outfit and the bottom swimwear.
    That swimwear is great XD. Thanks for sharing that.

I love your little song thing too, that was cute. :mrgreen:

@dreamerz13 Welcome back!
    Thanks!

Hello @everyone

Sorry I'm not very active at the best of times, but know I always recall the last page I was on and read up on my way to my latest post :D

Trying trying trying to get to my writing and back to my sims, but every time of late I try... you can bet my day becomes filled with everything possible to make me not have anytime to myself to just sit and be creative... grrr!!!

So happy to see everyone so busy, sad to see the writers blocks and frustrations, guess the rollercoaster of writing doesn't leave anyone out these days.

Oh oh; can someone/anyone confirm... I've heard rumors of a Sim4 Pose Player coming out... is this true???
    *prays-please say yes, please say yes!!!*

Well, again, I'm off to be busy outside my house... but hopefully later today I can get some self-time to get back to my writing, finally got some new shots taken... now to put them in order...

have a great day everyone
    *HUGS*
    *hugs* Always good to see you pop in anyway. I'm sure we all understand how difficult it can be to keep up with forums and stuff when life gets in the way.

I see it's been pointed out already, but yep TS4 has a pose player. I don't know how it works since I don't have TS4 so I haven't grabbed it, but I see some amazing poses for it all over my simblr. I think it might be similar. I know at first that they could only replace in game stuff and that was how it worked... exactly what the meant idk but I guess you could only have a limited amount if that's all you could do. I believe it's operating more like TS3's though, but hopefully a TS4 simmer can confirm but that's the impression I get from simblr.

I hope you get a chance to get those pictures today that you want to get. I need more story from you missy. Kidding of course, I don't want to put pressure on (but I do really love your writing).

jazen wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 congrats to you too for making it to 58K on NaNo!
    Thanks!

Okie dokie, I'm off to fight with something, idk what yet, game or novel. I'm definitely off to bury my sorrows in that tub of ice cream though.

Also I feel like I should say I have tendency to miss things on threads like these, so if I've missed you just know I'm a dumb blonde with a short attention span, so don't take it personally and know I'm sorry. And if it bugs you just yell "hey stupid" at me or something (but you guys seem to nice for that, but you can do it).
  • Options
    TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    @thesealofthesims & @RebornMonster , Thanks for the welcome backs!

@IvoryButterfly , Hey girl :wink:

@jazen , I had no idea that you had a story turned into a book. Is it available yet? I thought about writing a book but not sure it I'm on that label tho haha.

@dreamerz13 , Long time.. no see..however I had no idea that I've been following you on tumblr haha. I notice your game issues and maybe I can be of some help..cause I'm always having issues and always fix them. Well most of the time. With SP, even if you have it off sims will still progress thanks to EA's coding. I dunno if you use Nraas SP but there are ways to set it if you don't want certain things to happen. As for the freezing issue. Does it freeze at a certain time? Resetting the town with MC will help with freezing. Sometimes freezing is caused by bad routing, a sim could be stuck somewhere. This is where Overwatch comes in handy.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Just popping in to say 'hello' and waves to @Lckygirl1974, @IvoryButterfly and @dreamerz13

Just finished the first chapter in my new legacy, 'Clansmen of Change: Generation 1: Colorful Change' and here is the link

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/clansmen-of-change-generation-1-colorful-change/

Hope you enjoy!
  • Options
    TheNay83 wrote: »

@dreamerz13 , Long time.. no see..however I had no idea that I've been following you on tumblr haha. I notice your game issues and maybe I can be of some help..cause I'm always having issues and always fix them. Well most of the time. With SP, even if you have it off sims will still progress thanks to EA's coding. I dunno if you use Nraas SP but there are ways to set it if you don't want certain things to happen. As for the freezing issue. Does it freeze at a certain time? Resetting the town with MC will help with freezing. Sometimes freezing is caused by bad routing, a sim could be stuck somewhere. This is where Overwatch comes in handy.

LOL, I'm sneaky on tumblr (just 'cause I HATE my username here so I didn't take it over to tumblr, lol, so it's hard to know it's me over there). No, it's Nraas SP I'm using, it was supposed to be off outright in said save though, but it decided to be on anyway. I keep meaning to change the settings too at least, I just didn't get to it before it messed things up because my focus was elsewhere. It hardly gave me a chance anyway. Now I'll change it though, before it makes things even worse.

As for my freezing it just bugs me when it tries to process a build or when I try to save after building. Though yesterday was building and it was saving okay. I finally pieced together that every single time it's frozen like that, every single one has been after I put buydebug lights in. Yesterday it was saving fine and I hadn't put in buydebug lights yet, as soon as I did it started again. I rebooted tried it again with buydebug lights though I was suspected that was it, it froze again... rebooted it tried without buydebug lights and it was fine. So it's gotta be something with them. I do have overwatch too, that is one of my absolute must haves, won't play without it... my game likes to make like 70,000 cars a day (I have to make it clean up hourly or some saves will just die it's so bad sometimes), I think it would explode without overwatch >.<.

I have to fix my game a lot too, sadly, I think a lot of us TS3 simmers do. Usually I can get it, but this one has me stumped. I don't even know what I've done to my game since it last worked... It's only been in the last bit because I use those lights almost daily for something and it's been 3-4 days since I noticed the problem and I can't think of any changes to my game or anything.

Thanks for trying to help though.
  • Options
    @IvoryButterfly I wish I could help with this question, but I actually never used the TS3 pose player :( I didn't start writing sim stories until TS4, so I never used them in TS3.

I can tell you that with the TS4 pose player, there are (very very few... Like, 4) pose packs people have made, where you have a list of poses in a menu to choose from. But for the most part, you need to copy and paste the name of a specific in-game post from this large txt document that comes with the mod. It can be tedious! But it helps so much with screenshotting. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited December 2015
    I wrote a short story for the Purple Day Sims event.

It is called Remembering Earl and features Rose Hatcher, the wrinkly human two-legger owner from my Cat Chronicles series, remembering her late husband. Even for those that have never read any of Cat Chronicles, it should still work as a stand-alone piece.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @TheNay83 HELLO!!! great to see you too, I knew I was missing someone with my last 'hellos'

@CitizenErased14 ah, right... in that case, I'll just do my own thing, I am not a data/text person at all, give me PC hardware and I'll build you a beast to play with, ask me to do coding or data... uh... I'm just gunna go over here... :P

@SilverDaybreak I'm getting there... busy day again here... but I think I can now sit for a while and relax... I think... :tired_face:
    mbytI0Z.png
  • Options
    @IvoryButterfly Well, don't misunderstand, there's no data or coding necessary (I know absolutely nothing about either one haha).

All you do is open the file (it's called txt file, but it's basically a word document with no formatting) and look at the giant list of poses. Use the control+F search function to look for a key word (like "cry" or "laugh", etc. whatever sort of pose you want), copy the name of it, and paste it into the mod in-game. I make it sound complicated, but it truly isn't. You don't need any fancy computer or coding knowledge whatsoever! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    *sigh* Cramps are the worst...

@dreamerz13 *hugs* I'm sorry about your game, maybe it's one of the recent mods you installed that's making the buydebug lights glitch out? I've never really had problems with my game, just some occasional glitches (Poses making crazy creatures out of my beautiful sims/pets when in the pose...), but other than that nothing. I think I'm just one of the lucky ones...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Hello again,

I had an idea for mini-collaboration Sim projects where we do a birthday party once a month or so for our Sims or Simselves who celebrate a birthday sometime during the month. Of course we wouldn't age anybody up if using SimSelves but enjoy cake and ice cream together with maybe a Sim game or two. If any of you have other ideas to add to this or if someone else has already thought of this please let me know. The party host doesn't have to be a Simself but maybe a friend.

Please let me know what you think.

Silver
  • Options
    *sigh* Cramps are the worst...

@dreamerz13 *hugs* I'm sorry about your game, maybe it's one of the recent mods you installed that's making the buydebug lights glitch out? I've never really had problems with my game, just some occasional glitches (Poses making crazy creatures out of my beautiful sims/pets when in the pose...), but other than that nothing. I think I'm just one of the lucky ones...

Oh, I feel you, they are awful. Sorry, hope your cramping goes away soon.

I don't even have new mods, not that can be connected to that though. I added some but only since the problem started. I merged my CC trying to fix it (before I tracked it to the lights and thought my game was just overwhelmed or something), and took out everything new at that point just because I simply didn't like any of it in game so I just ended up taking everything I'd added in the day or two before it started out (and cleared my caches of course). So I don't know.

Hello again,

I had an idea for mini-collaboration Sim projects where we do a birthday party once a month or so for our Sims or Simselves who celebrate a birthday sometime during the month. Of course we wouldn't age anybody up if using SimSelves but enjoy cake and ice cream together with maybe a Sim game or two. If any of you have other ideas to add to this or if someone else has already thought of this please let me know. The party host doesn't have to be a Simself but maybe a friend.

Please let me know what you think.

Silver

This could be a fun idea. I can't think of any further ideas. How would we work this though? Like just post pictures on the forums from our own games, or let people add simselves into their game, because with people with different versions of the game might complicate things if they don't have both TS3 and TS4 and other people don't... might leave some people out. Sorry if it's a dumb question this dumb blonde's brain has given up for the day.
  • Options
    @SilverDaybreak In all honesty, I do like the idea of having a birthday party, but I am a little bit confused as to what your idea is.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @dreamerz13 & @SilentWolf101 : I'll try to explain the birthday party below and as well as another idea I just had.

1. For us Simmers we can use our Simselves and have one of us host a birthday party for those celebrating birthday parties a month. For example for the month of December, I saw in @CathyTea's thread, there are 4 Simmers celebrating birthdays, one of us could host a party in our game for them serving cake and ice cream or even a birthday meal. We could do a birthday for all 4 or each take turns and have a party for each of them separately. We won't actually age your Sim up unless you want them to but do kind of a early or late birthday party like some do in RL when their actual birthday interferes with something in RL and cannot celebrate it on the actual day.

2. Another idea would be share each other's current Sims and and have our Sims invite them to an event hosted by one of our Sims (doesn't have to be your Simself but any Sim you currently play. Events can include weddings, memorial services for Sims who have past away, game night, or any type of social gathering. That way our Sims could meet and get to know each other in game. With weddings it would probably work best when a Sim gets married to invite some of each other's Sims to attend. Might have to do more thinking on that one to make it work.

Hope this helps

Silver

PS, I can replace the blog links from my front page which I just deleted with the birthdays of those who visit this thread.
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    @Nestea7 *hugs* That's what I do quite often -- I go through my old writing and say "Goodness, I've improved quite a bit" and restart the story. XD Maybe that's why I never finish anything anymore... XD

Lol That definitely became my problem with my own story. At one point I started to take so long to publish a chapter that it gave me more time to develop my characters more. But once that happened it was like I couldn't go back to the story. But I do hope to start writing again soon.
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    @IvoryButterfly , It's okay. I disappeared for a few days. Got busy with other stuff. :p

@dreamerz13 , Even if Nraas SP is off, sims will still progress a little but not too much. That's strange with the debug lights. You should still reset the town, you got something quirky going on in that save. Back when I was writing Borage's story, my game started to crash whenever I enter buy/build mode or exit it. I wish I had the Crash logger in around that time but I ended up having to make a new save for the millionth time.
  • Options
    Since I am trying to return, I figure I should share my on going story. I have a legacy but it isn't like most legacy stories, I have multi-stories from different generations. However I only have 1 story going currently, I didn't wanna get overwhelm by having too many stories. For the most part the extra stories are actually abridges. The one I have going is my main story, currently in the 3rd generation (although there's 5 gens) is called Show Yourself. It follows the life of Raiden Montigo born with 2 conflicting occults and a medical condition that prevents him from having a normal life. He struggles with self acceptance because of it. The story is still fairly new but already 9 chapters. The story is broken up in seasons and the first season is about done. My stories have adult content, however since Raiden is currently a child, things are mild.

sys.jpg?w=600

I also have a baby challenge called Bump Buddies and it's about 58% done. It's mainly silly game play and isn't done like most BC. The first part was done with my sim, Cergio. I called it Bump Buddies cause Cergio and the female would both be pregnant together. Since it's 100% autonomous, Cergio often knocked up non-buddies when I wasn't looking lol but I still counted it. Now I'm gen 2 with a pair of sisters born in the first part, Baby#39 Coconut & Baby#53 Magik. The girls share the same male and are pregnant together. But Magik is kinda boring so I'm swapping her out for another haha. Sims in my BC often rebel against wearing clothes lol but fair warning. Bump Buddies & Bump Buddies 2