Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't you just love nraas SP?!

In Sunset Valley with my legacy family and I just love getting the notifications from the other residents about babies, divorces etc. when Bella and Mortimer turned to teens, they started dating (this has only happened in one other of my games and they broke up) aged to YA, are now married and are expecting their first child together. Also, Yuki Sekemoto seemed to date EVERY hot, young single guy In the town (she was constantly stalking Stiles after they broke up til the day she died. He also, has only dated the old women of town) also, Monika Morris and Connor Frio have been a happy married couple for awhile and had two pretty girls! I'll post some pix later, any strange/interesting things happen with your SP mod?

Comments

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I do love NRAAS SP, however, I usually change notifications to blood only, for many reasons, like I'm a bit of a control freak, so if SP doesnt go as expected and the game tells me all the time, I can't help but try and "correct" it.
    I prefer to find out about other sims in a more organic way, through my played families interactions.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    If ibjave a large family I do blood only. If its not large I include friends, but I seldom do all. I was getting tokanu notifications. But I do love nraas sp
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes i love it too, when i had it on in sunset valley, gunther and corneila got a divorce. Honestly how those two stay together without it on it on is beyond me. Shes so unflirty and i think he is..kind of hard to stay with someone who always rejections romantic advances.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I do love NRAAS SP, however, I usually change notifications to blood only, for many reasons, like I'm a bit of a control freak, so if SP doesnt go as expected and the game tells me all the time, I can't help but try and "correct" it.
    I prefer to find out about other sims in a more organic way, through my played families interactions.

I make it so I don't have to see promotions, skilling etc.. For YEARS before I played S3 on PC I played it on my PS3, and I would never get notifications about people dying or moving out of town, they would just disappear and that really bugged me. (So much is wrong with that game but it's all I had lol) so I really enjoy the notifications I get. I love knowing about everyone and everything about them in real life too so it makes sense haha.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Yes i love it too, when i had it on in sunset valley, gunther and corneila got a divorce. Honestly how those two stay together without it on it on is beyond me. Shes so unflirty and i think he is..kind of hard to stay with someone who always rejections romantic advances.

They've divorced in almost every one of my games.. Usually neither of them re-marries. Same with the Altos.. They didn't divorce this time, surprisingly. They did have a pretty ugly looking son though... Lol

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Nraas SP is my favorite. I don't allow divorce, though, because my TS3 worlds are a reflection of what I wish real life was like. :heart:
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    PumpkinFlyPumpkinFly Posts: 3 New Member
    One of my favorite mods :smiley: Now to figure how to make my sim have 10 babies at once.... :wink:
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    @PumpkinFly
    I think story progression > town options > pregnancy options > some different options for multiples.
    I think the NRAAS mod we shall not name has some options for that also?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use the NRaas for my story progression and it only gives promotions or new skills to my inactives because I don't allow it to manage very much in my games.I have to get my own sims to try for babies and move house.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    In Sunset Valley with my legacy family and I just love getting the notifications from the other residents about babies, divorces etc. when Bella and Mortimer turned to teens, they started dating (this has only happened in one other of my games and they broke up) aged to YA, are now married and are expecting their first child together.

@Olivesplum06 , I love that too! I'm playing a legacy in Sunset Valley too (my third generation couple just got pregnant with generation 4), and I love getting all the notifications. My active household is the game I'm playing, but all the inactive Sims are like a soap opera I'm watching at the same time.
    In my game Bella and Mortimer started dating when they were teens too and remained in a relationship their whole lives, but never got married, so the name Goth died out with Mortimer and their children all have the surname Bachelor. Mortimer and Bella's relationship was troubled - I kept getting notifications that they were seen arguing in the street - but they never broke up. One of their children, Korey, has been wearing Al Simharan clothes since he was a teen, and I can see that making sense - maybe his parents' troubled relationship made him retreat into a fantasy world in which he wasn't really their child, but a lost Egyptian prince! I wish I had a better picture of him at hand - I have just these two pics where his face is not visible:
    24zyl44.jpg3146u6a.jpg
    The girl with him in the second picture is called Wendy, and they are married now.
    Also, Yuki Sekemoto seemed to date EVERY hot, young single guy In the town
    That was Madison VanWatson in my game! It was impossible to keep track of all the men she was dating. My third generation heir married her granddaughter, who looks a lot like her:
    als10y.jpg
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I do love it, but I also have some things I don't like about it. Firstly, it can often partner off sims too quickly in your town, but you can ask someone to break up with so and so if you wanted to partner with them. But this also means that sims can end up with quite a few romantic interests by the time you reach them. Secondly, I turn off all of the notifications save for information about people being partnered, dying, babies etc. I don't want to know when townies gain skill points, get jobs or promotions etc. It just ends up being too much. It does slow things down a bit but not in a manner that is too noticeable if you have it on snail speed.

I do enjoy that it will properly partner off townies and that you're capable of setting allowable birth numbers (though this doesn't work if you have a sim/sims with the family oriented trait - I have it set to 3, but one family had 7 children as they were both family oriented), allowing you the option to change the names of all newborns in town, seeing notifications can let you know if that sim you want your sim to be with has got with someone else or if they've broken up, are fighting etc. I often use those types of notifications in my games as 'rumours' in my currently legacy story. You can set your towns max population for sims and animals too and you can stop elder males from partnering with young females allowing them to have an entire town who is related to them if they live a really long life.

I did like the previous versions of Nrass SP though. The Caste system made it so complicated so I'm not able to specify the settings in the way that I used to be, but I'm able to at least make sure that my child doesn't randomly get the 'townie' hair (that brown green) and eye colour (that yellow hazel) as mutations. Only in-family mutations and grandparent possible inheritances.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    allowing you the option to change the names of all newborns in town

Really? I never noticed that! How do you that?

• Options
    @PalmArrow There is an option under Pregnancy to 'Rename Newborns'. It's set to False by Default, but after three generations with several sims being named outrageous things by the system, I took control and I rename the newborns. I'm kind of disappointed that I never downloaded a default naming scheme as I really don't like a lot of the EA choices for names. Some are downright ridiculous.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love it too and that it is customizable so that we can all RULE our games :)
  • Options
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @PalmArrow There is an option under Pregnancy to 'Rename Newborns'. It's set to False by Default, but after three generations with several sims being named outrageous things by the system, I took control and I rename the newborns. I'm kind of disappointed that I never downloaded a default naming scheme as I really don't like a lot of the EA choices for names. Some are downright ridiculous.

Thank you! I will look for it and set it to "True", although I will probably use it sparingly. I don't like to interfere with the lives of the townies too much, but yes, some of the names their children get are ridiculous. They sound like typos for real names! For example, "Trever" or (my favourite) "Brain".
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Brain just died in my playthrough! Trever is on his way out as well! Yeah, some are just silly!!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Firstly, it can often partner off sims too quickly in your town....

This is my biggest bugaboo with it and I've stupidly allowed my Sims to be burned by it more than once. I've since remembered to turn Romance off when I want my Sim to have the pick of the litter then turn it back on as soon as that happens because even on Snail speed they get pushed together way too quickly. I usually try to get Sims I'm raising paired off as teens and if they don't grab their previous love interest just as soon as they both hit YA SP will have them paired off with someone else in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I can´t play without nraas mods period xD
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I would love to keep using SP, but unfortunately, I have a super-cr@ppy system when it comes to high-volume/demand games, and SP was the straw that broke the Sims back, so to speak. I had to remove it in order to prevent epic freezing issues. When the need for a new computer arises, I'm definitely looking into a gaming PC so I can get SP back. I miss it so much.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    chrissykayachrissykaya Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2015
    Nraas mods make my game so much better. I have basically every Nraas mod for my game, but dresser messed up my career uniforms for some reason.
    I can't even imagine my game without them now.
    I always have to edit every single sim and make sure their stories play out how i want them to though. It takes me over an hour to get through one sim day because i keep editing everyones stories.
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I love it too, sometimes it cracks me up, and I use the goings on to fuel some creative inspiration.
  • Options
    TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    NRAAS Story Progression is a must for me. It's truly awesome to see your sims' neighbors progress through life while your sims succeed at life. You can basically set any preferences you want for your town too which is amazing. It's a must for me mainly because I'm so use to playing The Sims 2 and it's good ole' classic gameplay and aging system. Personally I hated when other sims in my neighborhood died off only to not get anything out of their life. Basically saying, I am one of those people who loves to jump from house to house and help pre-made families succeed and then age up to where they are at, just like The Sims 2. It's good for both players who enjoy the Sims 3 type of aging and watching what everyone around the town is doing, or people who love TS2 style gameplay. :)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Once I figure it out; I'm sure I will love it. I spend most of my time x-ing out the constant notifications and wishing I could go back to warp speed for skilling and other mundane things.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The constant notifications can be silenced. On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > All Stories enables you to restrict the notifications to the relationship level of inactives' with your active sims (friends, blood related, etc.).
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Stories > Disallow Story enables you to disallow particular stories by their content -- this way is a bit tedious but I use it when the same annoying stories seem to show up repeatedly.

Either way or both ways in combination, the effects of the stories still happen but they just aren't reported on. Note that you won't see a difference right away as stories already in the queue will continue to display, so it could take up to a sim day or even two depending on the speed of progression to get results.

The speed with which sims form romantic partnerships is a bit puzzling, but is also more conducive to a town producing robust future generations. Some of us think, though, that Twallan just hated seeing inactive sims all alone in the world for whatever reason. And some worlds seem more/less conducive to that sort of thing. I found very few in Bridgeport, for example, making the effort until I started tweaking some SP settings in the opposite direction, to make the partnerships more likely.

Anyway, SP consists of many different area managers running at the same time and at different speeds. Even if you have already adjusted all of them with the overall speed setting of Slow or Snail, you can dial back the Romance manager even further if you want to slow things down more without affecting the other managers.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Flirt > Speed
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Romance > Speed

The numbers displayed there will be the length of time in sim minutes that it takes each manager to complete one cycle, so higher numbers are slower. They are both 300 by default at overall speed Normal, but much higher at Snail -- so maybe try making them higher still maybe by 5x or 10x as much to see the effect? Or perhaps just the Romance one if the flirts aren't bothering you.

It takes me over an hour to get through one sim day because i keep editing everyones stories.
    Really? It often takes me several real days to get through one sim day (not playing all the time, obviously). Or at least 6-8 hours of real time if nothing particularly fussy is happening. Am I the only one who plays this slowly?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @igazor that info on the Romance settings is good to know but I think I'll just stick with Romance on/off because my brain gets fuzzled with complicated things these days. Also I don't mind one bit if once my Sims have their pick if SP wants to match everyone else up lickety-split. ;) It's just not good for me to leave that setting on all the time.