Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want exclusive Clothing for Teenagers?

Do you guys want some exclusive clothing for Teenage Sims? Because currently we have none. Personally I don't think we should get any exclusive things for Teens, I like how Teens and older can wear the same Clothing, to me this adds less restriction to customising my Sims and I feel like adding exclusive clothing to any of the Life Stages that are Teen and older would decrease the amount of Clothes each of them have in total in the long run, what do you guys think?
Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,270 Member
    I'm fine with having all clothing available for teen and up.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I actually do. I could see a stuff pack for Teen clothing and furniture like they did for the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Yes. We need something, anything to differentiate between Teens and YA besides the one or two interactions and the game telling us when we hover over a sim. Possibly not clothes (though we really need more teenish clothing options) but defiantly teens more exclusive interactions and to be treated more like teens instead of YA who go to school.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want clothes just for teens. I do not want to see a teen in the same outfit as an elder sim.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    I would like clothes and hair styles/colors for teens to help differentiate them.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I'd like that very much.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I agree with the OP I don't think we should get exclusives for one age :) Because then when a Teen is wearing something we'll be missing that item for an older or younger Sim and I don't think it would be very fun anyone.

I think it's best left un-exclusive :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I would like a filter for teen/YA/adult/elder clothing. Same way we have for formal etc. so you can either go with it or uncheck it. It would make it easier to spot townie teens.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Do you guys want some exclusive clothing for Teenage Sims? Because currently we have none. Personally I don't think we should get any exclusive things for Teens, I like how Teens and older can wear the same Clothing, to me this adds less restriction to customising my Sims and I feel like adding exclusive clothing to any of the Life Stages that are Teen and older would decrease the amount of Clothes each of them have in total in the long run, what do you guys think?

I don't know why I'd want that. My daughter always wore my clothes, and although I'd never wear hers, not sure why I should lose out on it if I wanted to.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I would like a filter for teen/YA/adult/elder clothing. Same way we have for formal etc. so you can either go with it or uncheck it. It would make it easier to spot townie teens.

It would be cool if we got to choose which Life Stages were allowed to use each of the Clothing Items :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's a cool idea.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TamiraArgTamiraArg Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2015
    I agree to @luimistelija filter idea. It's nice to categorize it but please don't lock other age groups out. It would limit story scenarios like grandma always wearing sexy teen clothing and needing an intervention or a teen not into trendy new clothing and preferring elderly clothing. Plus, it is hard to define what is strictly teen clothing and I would be sad if a particularly nice piece of clothing I think would fit my sim is locked to an age group and can't use. I'm already sad children can't wear some of the adult clothes (like the fairy costumes).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    No. I like that you can put any clothes on any sim. You can always take townies into CAS and put what you want on them.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    options options options
    I think it is nice to have the freedom to let the sims wear anything, but it would be a nice thing if they add the option of "filtering", something similar to what we have now in CAS. We can filter CAS items based on packs installed and based on type like formal, everyday etc.

So it would be really good if they add one more filtering relates to life stages. Like showing clothing that creators made for the teens/YA/A and elders each separately.

I want my sims to be able to freely wear whatever I want them to wear. I would not prefer if they make clothing exclusive to a life stage. Instead I would love to have the filtering thing and an option in the settings to allow all clothing to all. so if you tick that option the game would work as it is now and if you untick it the game will allow only age specific clothing when it generates townies.

How it should work in CAS when that option is unticked from settings is exactly how it is now for the categories. For example when you go to formal wear not all the clothes available to you but when you remove the the formal filtering by clicking on "x" all the clothes will be available to your sims in the formal category.
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    i dont think id like that limitation, i like being able to put whatever i want on whoever
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I don't want restricted clothing, if I feel that a sim is wearing a wrong outfit I take them into CAS.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    It has been such a nice change in Sims 4 to have all clothing available to teens on up. Having exclusive-to-age clothing would not be fun because it would feel limiting just like it felt in Sims 2 and 3. I prefer the Sims 4 system of all-for-all and consider it a huge improvement to CAS. It's practical and sensible.

As far as telling who is a teen or not, no matter how far away any Sim is from my observation point (even if they are a speck in the distance), I can easily determine in what age group they are by quickly running my mouse over them. Far easier and faster than trying to place Sims by what clothing they're wearing. Many elders in my game do not have gray hair and often wear youthful outfits (thank goodness they now can). From a distance they may not look old, but all I need do is run my cursor over them to find what age they are. Simple and quick. :)
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    When I first read the topic, my initial thought was "yes," but after reading what some of the other posters have said, I've gotta side with the majority here. I think I liked the idea at first because I really would like some more distinction between teenagers and adults, but clothing items is probably not the best way to do that. That should be accomplished through activities and interactions.

It might be fun, though, to add some clothing items that look like they're geared towards teenagers because then you could see a bunch of adults and elders running around in those clothes, unwilling to leave behind their youth ;)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    No I prefer a broader range of clothes, I prefer choosing which clothes I consider "teen clothes". The same apply to elders.
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    noooooooooo i dont want to dl another mod
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I don't really care about exclusive clothes for teens, but I'd like some exclusive ones for elders.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Not really. The only reason I could see is for identification purposes, and I'd rather they were shorter than adults, or even had their own walks.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    What I want isn't exclusive clothing for teens - it's an in-game ability to decide for myself if a particular item won't randomly generate on an age group of my choosing. Or even better: on any Sim with characteristics of my choosing, using the options created for Get Together.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    Sometimes I do, because sometimes I want to stop my elderly Sims (TOWNIES) from dressing like they are still sixteen. I mean everything is sagging and it just looks ridiculous to see them in a mini, a low neck strap for a bra and sneakers, and a cap and sunglasses. I'm not against real people dressing however they want, but we all know at some point it becomes ridiculous.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.