Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Hi everyone! Thank you! :)

@Bear31 I love the art in-game, especially the kids' drawings. They're so cute. I haven't managed to max out the creativity skill on any of my kids yet but I really want to so I can see all the drawings.

I meant to ask - which platform tends to be the most popular for posting the stories? I'm using Weebly but I'm really not sure about it.

They are all pretty cool! The one I wish sims could do is to take a pic of themselves and paint it! I would LOVE that, but don't think its possible. If it is, I have no clue how to do it. I use Tumblr, which I think is awesome, however others here use wordpress.
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hmm. I'll have to check wordpress out then, thanks!

That picture is 100% me. Or while I'm in-game, I think of all kinds of things to write and then I actually go to write them - nope.

@BBQPenguinWings not sure if it would have the effects you want, but picmonkey has a decent collage making feature. Sorry you're not feeling well. :(

I thought about picmonkey. I'll test it and make sure the image shows up clear and large enough. I have A lot of lag on that site bc of all the ads. My ad blocker doesn't seem to work

And thank you and welcome :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @SimmerSteffie I will also throw in a vote for WordPress :) their mobile app is questionable (haha), but their actual website is pretty easy to use and also seems to be the most popular method of posting stories :)

I also think (kinda like @Carewren123 said) the ability to comment/interact with readers and authors is very easy on WP :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Hello all! How are my wonderful lovelies?

@Bear31 I'm so happy you've started reading. :) I love getting new readers.
  • Options
    Also, last night (this morning) I finished writing chapter 1.50! My word document for ever chapter of generation one is exactly 100 pages and it came out to 46,553 words. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    I tried WP the first time I tried my hand at sim stories, and I had some issues with the image thing on there. Not sure if it was just me, but I couldn't figure out a way to organize the images like I wanted. In the library, not the post itself.
    Bear31 wrote: »
    They are all pretty cool! The one I wish sims could do is to take a pic of themselves and paint it! I would LOVE that, but don't think its possible. If it is, I have no clue how to do it. I use Tumblr, which I think is awesome, however others here use wordpress.

That would be awesome! Like the paint from reference feature sort of! I wish that feature wasn't restricted to the area around you. Like if you could use a picture you took or something. That'd be really cool.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

WOO HOO!! I only hope that you have read some of my stuff too and enjoyed! :)

Still in game and Immogen is cute as ever.........she is currently tired, so I am trying to help her out with the mental skill........
  • Options
    Also, last night (this morning) I finished writing chapter 1.50! My word document for ever chapter of generation one is exactly 100 pages and it came out to 46,553 words. :open_mouth:

Amazing!!! :) that's a great accomplishment! (Oh my goodness though, if you're planning on making all 10 generations that long, that thing is gonna be like the Illiad when it's all over :lol: hehe I'm just teasing)

You've reminded me that I need to update my word count document soon... I'm hoping I'll make it to 100,000 words before it's over!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »

WOO HOO!! I only hope that you have read some of my stuff too and enjoyed! :)

Still in game and Immogen is cute as ever.........she is currently tired, so I am trying to help her out with the mental skill........

Where do I find your stuff?
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I tried WP the first time I tried my hand at sim stories, and I had some issues with the image thing on there. Not sure if it was just me, but I couldn't figure out a way to organize the images like I wanted. In the library, not the post itself.

I actually left most of my images on Weebly, so their still hosted there. So I'm not exactly sure about the issue you're talking about. I do know though that you can search your images, so you could try a naming system that would make finding the pics you want easier. Something like: [insert story name here]_Chaper1_pic1

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options

Amazing!!! :) that's a great accomplishment! (Oh my goodness though, if you're planning on making all 10 generations that long, that thing is gonna be like the Illiad when it's all over :lol: hehe I'm just teasing)

You've reminded me that I need to update my word count document soon... I'm hoping I'll make it to 100,000 words before it's over!

I'm anticipating gen two to be even longer. :D It's sort of a series thing, just all packaged on one convenient blog.
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @JoieWilder your legacy is actually one of the first I started reading. I love the different perspectives.

I actually left most of my images on Weebly, so their still hosted there. So I'm not exactly sure about the issue you're talking about. I do know though that you can search your images, so you could try a naming system that would make finding the pics you want easier. Something like: [insert story name here]_Chaper1_pic1

That's actually really helpful, thank you!
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Hoping you feel better soon @BBQPenguinWings

Hey is @PandaFalls @SummerFalls 's sister or am I making that up?

You're insane Totally right :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member

Oh my, if yours is that long... *stares at mine* *gulps*
    I can't wait to dig into your legacy soon though! I've got one week free of school and a whole lot of stories to catch up with!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Hey everyone, happy timezones :)

I've finally got around to posting chapter 19 of Venus and Mars. I got delayed because I've had the flu, yuck! Anyway, here it is https://sims4sagas.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/venus-and-mars-chapter-19/

Just a short chapter today because there are BIG things coming in chapter 20, expect bombshells! Anyone care to guess? Virtual cookies and medal for whoever gets the closest ;)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Wooh, as of today I officially have had 1,001 visitors on my blog! :) I know that a very small portion of those people actually READ, but it's cool to see that over 1,000 people have found their way onto my blog somehow :lol: (and with 12,000-ish views, I guess the average person makes it to when Lucas and Ev get together, then give up and decide they must have lived happily ever after? :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Wooh, as of today I officially have had 1,001 visitors on my blog! :) I know that a very small portion of those people actually READ, but it's cool to see that over 1,000 people have found their way onto my blog somehow :lol: (and with 12,000-ish views, I guess the average person makes it to when Lucas and Ev get together, then give up and decide they must have lived happily ever after? :lol:)

@CitizenErased14 that is awesome, congrats =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited October 2015
    I love the pose player *flails* it is so nice to get those animations that are native to the game without getting more poses (I think I have enough of them as it stands)
  • Options
    One more chapter to screenshot. I want to post the last two at the same time.

@SummerFalls how did you make your family tree for the Divine's? I've got a family tree on familyecho but it's not exactly pretty.
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    I love the pose player *flails* it is so nice to get those animations that are native to the game without getting more poses (I think I have enough of them as it stands)

@OJenn I love it when I'm able to figure out what's what in that txt document :lol: It HAS come in handy a few times, that's for sure!

(PS: You should totally come on origin... I'm screenshotting and bored :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Afternoon everyone!!!

thats what i forgot . cathtea wasn't here so i just jumped in and started talking.well a combonation of talking and lurking.
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    wpid-wp-1445808891325.png
    Saw this on fb

O...M...G... YAAAAAS!!!!! LOL I'm SOOOOO saving this! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Saw this on fb

Just watch, this will be me come nov 1st...
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Saw this on fb

LMAO my life.Literally my life. My fiance and I are working on some back story for our rp characters and I was literally staring into the refrigerator looking for something when the story struck me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top