Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    As I'm checking the Get Together forums, I can definitely tell people love The Sims 4. But I have a question: HOW did it outsell Sims 2 and 3? I would've thought the negative reviews made people NOT buy it.

People can think for themselves. I never put much stock in reviews. I would have missed out on a lot of good stuff if I did. Movies, books, recipes. The list goes on and on.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I disagree with the bit that no one would remember it, I don't think anyone would forget it, good or bad ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    As I'm checking the Get Together forums, I can definitely tell people love The Sims 4. But I have a question: HOW did it outsell Sims 2 and 3? I would've thought the negative reviews made people NOT buy it.

It didn't. That's just Colton being Colton. He likes to say that and other things just for reaction.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The Sims 4 has already outsold both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. o:)

Proof please >:)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Colton can only wish it could outsell Sims 2 and 3, at this stage and time I do not see any potential in Sims 4. Being the game is still in development there is a opportunity for it to reach it's potential only if EA/Maxis makes the right moves and IMHO they are not. Yes, Sims 4 can get better over time but it depends on what each EP/SP/GP is offered and the kind of features if any are offered.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    @Colton147147 It did not oversell Sims 2/3 but it will one day! It is a great game! IMO I love it and will buy every EP/GP/SP
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I don't find the game a failure. In fact, I think it's a good game, but most certainly not a great game. Personally, I find the lack of standard base game content to be the biggest issue. While Maxis has improved it with free content patches, EPs, GPs, and SPs; TS4 still feels very incomplete at its core. I would love the see the return of toddlers, along with basic NPCs (burglars, firefighters, police officers, and social workers). It's these little things that really made the sim's world feel alive to me.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015

Some people love it, Some people don't like it, and Some people are indifferent to it. :)

There are still positive reviews and youtubers out there...
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I think it's very underwhelming. It had a rough start and hasn't done very much to change that. I think it's mismanaged, but I can't say if it's a failure. If it was a failure it would have been cut already. However, just because they continue developing new content does not mean it will improve over time. Realistically, they will need to step up their game.

Well, they released an expansion pack, and a new one in December, both I really want. They did a really good job at the hype, imo. I just dislike the way they are doing stuff packs. 10 bucks is only worth the Spooky Stuff, and it's not even worth that.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm really enjoying it, and it can only get better with more packs.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    It's a game full of missed opportunities. It is an okay game, but it could have been great. It's a shame, really.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Not a failure, but disappointment for me personally. I don't think packs will save the game, but patches and better communication can help.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Success? It is, without a doubt, one of the top 4 Sims game ever created.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2015
    Personally, I think the Sims 4 is the best (and this is coming from a pretty hardcore gamer). Although I can understand why a lot of people dislike it, as most people that dislike it think that it is supposed to be an upgrade and that it should have everything that the others had with better graphics; which it is not-it is a sequel, not an upgrade in which everything will be perfect.

Sure, there weren't toddlers, and at first there weren't pools or basements- but, hey, The Sims 4 came out and there were always a LOT more pros than cons to look at. The graphics are better (less realistic, sure but who cares), the animations are smoother, and MULTITASKING. No one in this forum can tell me that multitasking was a CON. It's amazing. Absolutely wonderful and I think that people don't realise how much effort goes into making all this possible. Sure, EA is a billion dollar company, but still, you can't just pick 50 random people that don't know anything about human behaviour and expect them to make a GOOD life simulating game (or at least without time).

So yeah, I'm gonna buy ALL of their expansions.
    AND Game Packs.
    AND Stuff Packs.
    Even though those stuff packs are always lacking and have like 3 items. And I'm still gonna do it because I know that no matter what, I'll love these games forever.

But then again, I'm not strict and the only thing I really wish they had in this game was antbeds. I don't know why lol. If there was only CAS, build mode, and antbeds to step in, I'd be perfectly happy. I don't really know why, but I have some kind of weird obsession with The Sims and it having antbeds. For some reason that seems like the most realistic thing someone could put in a game idk

Satan christ, got carried away again
  • Options
    LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    I don't think it's a failure. I'm pretty sure it'll get better though as it's built on a custom engine which they can improve over time (and if they have enough funding).
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    > @SuRihtanil said:
    > Nope just boring

exactly
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    it missed the mark for me but it could improve with future eps.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've seen forum replies (and YouTube comments) where people say these six things about The Sims 4:

1. Rename the game to "The Sims 0.5," "The Sims 1.5," or "The Sims 2.5"
    2. Say they were disappointed by the game
    3. Say they like the game
    4. Say they LOVE the game
    5. Claim it to be a remastered version of The Sims 1
    6. Say it was a complete failure that no one will remember, and that it will die

Do you think it was a failure, a disappointment that will probably get better via expansions and patches, or think its a good game?

Not everyone is going to like or dislike or even express an opinion on a game, there is never a perfect game for everyone because we all perceive perfection in different ways. To me The Sims 4 is a game that entertains me, makes me happy, keeps me captivated, something allot of games have failed to do, plus it's the only game I ever really enjoying replaying, as I've said multiple times over, I can finally create the Sims I've always wanted to in this game which is why I don't even lurk on the possibility of it being a failure because for me it was a success. I love The Sims 4 but that definitely doesn't mean I don't think there's room for improvement, allot of things in the base game still needs allot of work and I still want some of my requested features added onto the game, practically the same way I felt when I first got The Sims 3 after playing the enchanting The Sims 2.

Also as a side note, have you noticed how vocal people have gotten compared to just some years ago? YouTube Videos have gone from a few thousand Views to usually around millions now in a short space of time, more people are sharing their opinions and the amount of people doing so will keep increasing in the advancement of technology and social media, I just wanted to say this because some people see The Sims 4 as a failure due to there being more comments disliking the game, in the past there were allot less people online sharing their opinions so you wouldn't see as much people showing like or dislike towards something as you would today and tomorrow and the day after that.

But overall no one can justify how The Sims 4 is a failure as a fact, we don't know that, no one does and if it was truly a failure, would it really be one of the highest selling games in some areas of the world and have the funding available to keep giving us free content whilst also creating paid content? I don't think so but that's just my viewpoint.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    There are some things I like about it, but overall it is a failure in my eyes. It can't hold my attention for more than 15 minutes at a time, the CULLING, lack of distinct personalities, the lackluster life stages and family play, the feeling that all of their DLC ideas are only halfway complete...no, I can't call this one anything but a dud for me. I sure do wish it wasn't the case, but there you have it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top