Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Like I said in the other toddler post that toddler to me outshines the family even the baby Idk why
  • Options
    MwpugaMwpuga Posts: 13 New Member
    @IngeJones I agree me too I like this as a quote!
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Well this is rather interesting... I hope toddlers are indeed coming to town.

Also saw this on twitter, any idea what he might be hinting?

2uomftd.png

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Tellex wrote: »

2uomftd.png

Yes. It's all in this thread by SimGuru Drake:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858636/choose-your-side-in-the-teamtrick-vs-teamtreat-challenge#latest

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Tellex wrote: »

2uomftd.png

I think SG Graham is just hinting that it was done to give TeamTrick an edge in the latest challenge-
    http://simsvip.com/2015/10/21/the-sims-4-trick-or-treat-challenge/

They've been teasing each other back and forth all day with the TeamTrick & TeamTreat stuff.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have "awesomed" and "liked" both posts saying this is just a render and that this can't be just a render without any meaning. You've done it, sims team, I'm developing some kind of split personality concerning toddler news!

ETA: I'm actually agreeing with those saying it's just a family gift...but you know... I want the other side to be right.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    At this point I could care less if we get them or not.I never used them anyway but that's just me
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    You have to admit that it's pretty alarming when you have to ask on social media if we're getting something thats been a feature in the past two generations. I can understand asking if we'll be getting farming or carnival content. Those are things we've seen a few times but are the most demanded. But when you have to ask for a feature that's been heavily implemented in previous installments you know something's wrong.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    So cute
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I have pitchforks for sale! Cheap!

Pitch-forks-with-5-tines-to-10-tines.jpg
    Now I want that in the Sims 4 for the angry poops. :( Why you do this to me? XD Actually I could see tools like that if the game ever gets a farm EP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I have to admit, I hate the data-collection events they're doing. I don't like telemetry to begin with for a variety of reasons. This one won't get me to launch the game, but it's just the whole idea of it :/ It is not an online game, and these are not anything like server-wide events.

Bah humbug :D
    Yep, there is another one coming. I wonder what data they'll brag about this time? Last time it was all about the woohoos.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I want to make a "Team Give Us Both because Telemetry is Lame" team. :(

That's #TeamAllTheThings (on Twitter)!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited October 2015
    On a side note, thanks to this toddler fiasco I am getting lots of toddlers ads and ads tageted to parents in Facebook and other sites. This will make it even harder to forget what's going on with the sims 4 :'( I may need to delete cookies and browsing data from my browser lol
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    On a side note, thanks to this toddler fiasco I am getting lots of toddlers ads and ads tageted to parents in Facebook and other sites. This will make it even harder to forget what's going on with the sims 4 :'( I may need to delete cookies and browsingn data from my browser lol

Lol, I already get those ads on Facebook and YouTube due to my gender and age, and now it'll probably intensify because of my browsing data. I have been writing the word Toddlers a whole lot on Twitter too! o.O HALP!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Ah, so that's not just me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm tired of the telemetry things too. Makes me think of the scary Twilight fan side things with the hashtags now.
  • Options
    InariInari Posts: 17 Member
    OMG! Beautiful baby <3
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    HOLY LLAMA

12108193_1007544105954320_3263886168784313465_n.jpg?oh=d16229e4749fcbccd1ab5500bfbfb46a&oe=56BD335E&__gda__=1456014439_db312a7c45da2afbd3e5aad00d2f9e58

"It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."
    What a weird picture everyone knows babies hop out of cribs at 7 years old and families do not take pictures together it's impossible.

Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there

Steve, I hate to break the news to you, but they're not going to stop. Something like this is going to light up the community, both good and bad, more than anything else right now. While it's just one feature, the tease of it would do nothing but rile up all types of simmers. Trying to tell them to stop is not going to be effective in any sort of light.

What is so sad about this is that if you rewind the game 5 years, heck even 10 years back... this kind of news wouldn't even had made the forum, much lets 30+ pages of comments about it. The more optimistic players are praying this is a sign, the more frustrated players think it's a cruel joke, the more cynical players are calling EA for calculated hype, etc. What we should all take stock and consider here is that Sims has become so limited in its core game structure that professional artists need to be called in to simulate a common family scenario because this game no longer can. /smh

Congrats to the CEO for having a baby. That being said, if this Twitter post is not hype to stir up attention for GT (the whole, be patient keep buying EPs that you didn't ask for and eventually we'll deliver what you have asked for spin thingy) OR it's not a crafty leak to shut disgruntled simmers up (we are listening and know this matters to some of you and it is in the works... see?!), then it is one of the most telling demonstrations of Maxis and EA's deafness to the vocal simming community and the current hyper-polarised state of this iteration... :unamused:

EA and Maxis have already proven time and again that they know how to keep their mouths shut about this topic. If this render were just an internal "present" the CEO's wife would NOT have posted this on her Twitter account.

And in regards to the reactions we're seeing here: well, someone I knew was always fond saying: "Don't poke the bear."
    In a nutshell, well said.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    It wasn't her Twitter account. It was her private Instagram account. And, no, Maxis didn't do it on purpose.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm tired of the telemetry things too. Makes me think of the scary Twilight fan side things with the hashtags now.

Nope. Even if I was actively playing the data would be staying off. It's not just that information they take-they don't even stick to just taking the game data-they take all sorts of extraneous data about your personal computer that's covered in their policy if you allow them to keep the data on. Not interested.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    It wasn't her Twitter account. It was her private Instagram account. And, no, Maxis didn't do it on purpose.

Hmm, I have my doubts :)

• Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    EA and Maxis have already proven time and again that they know how to keep their mouths shut about this topic. If this render were just an internal "present" the CEO's wife would NOT have posted this on her Twitter account.

I doubt the CEO's wife takes all those other things into account. I doubt she would know about the toddler issue or care about PR repercussions for the game. She probably just thought it was cute and wanted to share.

I wouldn't read anymore into this than any of the previous "toddler hype". I would caution folks not to take this as some indication toddlers are actually being worked on, Maxis has been pretty clear about that.

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    aww so dam cute:)))) would love to see toddies and soonish:))) can we replace Get Together with toddlers?:)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top