Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    New toddler petition is out again which I think was inspired by this thread: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thesims4-players-wanting-toddlers-back
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    New toddler petition is out again which I think was inspired by this thread: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thesims4-players-wanting-toddlers-back

The spelling errors and exclamation points....I'll sign it anyway.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

The spelling errors and exclamation points....I'll sign it anyway.
    Yeah you are right about that, I didn't even read it all yet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    karen1991xkaren1991x Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I want toddlers like now.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    karen1991x wrote: »
    I want toddlers like now.

I want toddlers like yesterday...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I want toddlers like 1year and 1 month ago:))) * needed to join*:))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I want toddlers like on my buttered toast. It's high time someone remade that baby BBQ for TS4!
  • Options
    Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member

Signed! :)
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I want toddlers like on my buttered toast. It's high time someone remade that baby BBQ for TS4!
    No Inge No. I still get nightmares of that mod. :bawling:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    @IngeJones wrote: »

But would that bassinet fit on a grill? :lol:
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »

oh my LOL:))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    HOLY LLAMA

12108193_1007544105954320_3263886168784313465_n.jpg?oh=d16229e4749fcbccd1ab5500bfbfb46a&oe=56BD335E&__gda__=1456014439_db312a7c45da2afbd3e5aad00d2f9e58

"It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."
    What a weird picture everyone knows babies hop out of cribs at 7 years old and families do not take pictures together it's impossible.

Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there

Steve, I hate to break the news to you, but they're not going to stop. Something like this is going to light up the community, both good and bad, more than anything else right now. While it's just one feature, the tease of it would do nothing but rile up all types of simmers. Trying to tell them to stop is not going to be effective in any sort of light.

What is so sad about this is that if you rewind the game 5 years, heck even 10 years back... this kind of news wouldn't even had made the forum, much lets 30+ pages of comments about it. The more optimistic players are praying this is a sign, the more frustrated players think it's a cruel joke, the more cynical players are calling EA for calculated hype, etc. What we should all take stock and consider here is that Sims has become so limited in its core game structure that professional artists need to be called in to simulate a common family scenario because this game no longer can. /smh

Congrats to the CEO for having a baby. That being said, if this Twitter post is not hype to stir up attention for GT (the whole, be patient keep buying EPs that you didn't ask for and eventually we'll deliver what you have asked for spin thingy) OR it's not a crafty leak to shut disgruntled simmers up (we are listening and know this matters to some of you and it is in the works... see?!), then it is one of the most telling demonstrations of Maxis and EA's deafness to the vocal simming community and the current hyper-polarised state of this iteration... :unamused:

EA and Maxis have already proven time and again that they know how to keep their mouths shut about this topic. If this render were just an internal "present" the CEO's wife would NOT have posted this on her Twitter account.

And in regards to the reactions we're seeing here: well, someone I knew was always fond saying: "Don't poke the bear."

As always, a great response, @nanashi-sims.
  • Options
    soccergirl0426soccergirl0426 Posts: 135 Member
    Well, maybe, *hopefully*, EA is working on it at least. We've been waiting too long for this. (Also, I signed the petition :) )
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    One thing I don't understand is how telemetry shows that toddlers are not played with?
    If telemetry shows toddlers are not played with this means that most players are not even trying for babies! You can't have a baby and immediately make it a child (Maybe with cheats possible but I mean in normal play) So why do we have pregnancy? Means players are not interested in generational playing. In that case what is the need for aging in the game?

Do you guys get my point here? This telemetry thing is just another fake excuse.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    One thing I don't understand is how telemetry shows that toddlers are not played with?
    If telemetry shows toddlers are not played with this means that most players are not even trying for babies! You can't have a baby and immediately make it a child (Maybe with cheats possible but I mean in normal play) So why do we have pregnancy? Means players are not interested in generational playing. In that case what is the need for aging in the game?

Do you guys get my point here? This telemetry thing is just another fake excuse.
    Yep I view it as fake too to excuse their decisions. I'm playing with toddlers plenty in my Sims 3 game.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I still have hope we will have toddlers by the end of November, it would be a smart move to increase GT sales. Maybe thats why they delayed it?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I still have hope we will have toddlers by the end of November, it would be a smart move to increase GT sales. Maybe thats why they delayed it?

That is only a few weeks away. If it was the case they would have said by now to soothe the issues caused around that gift. They haven't. Says it all.
  • Options

That is only a few weeks away. If it was the case they would have said by now to soothe the issues caused around that gift. They haven't. Says it all.

Im just being optimistic, they love to do this thing to leak Stuff and dont say anything else, then when no one is expecting... It happens.
    tenor.gif
  • Options

Fake excuse.
    00.jpg

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Im just being optimistic, they love to do this thing to leak Stuff and dont say anything else, then when no one is expecting... It happens.

It's not a leak, Lyndsay said so. I just cannot imagine Maxis being allowed to use the CEO'S family that way. It wasn't on a public account, someone stole it from her account and caused a whole lot of drama. I don't believe that the Wilson's expected or wanted this, I just don't.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I wouldn't get my hopes up too high until we get an official announcement(hate to be a party pooper). It states clearly that this is a tribute to their family. That's all I get from it. But that toddler would be a dream come true!!!!
  • Options

It's not a leak, Lyndsay said so. I just cannot imagine Maxis being allowed to use the CEO'S family that way. It wasn't on a public account, someone stole it from her account and caused a whole lot of drama. I don't believe that the Wilson's expected or wanted this, I just don't.

Some people do everything to their job and to promote it, we know EA is smart in a few aspects and that was not disrespectful at all since these are nothing but sims in the picture. We dont even know if their simselfs are accurate. Also if it was a private account like you Said, who knows if it was not leaked from someone from EA, how would a simmer have acess to her page anyway?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    It's deffo true that toddlers are coming.

I saw a squadron of flying pigs today.
  • Options
    plopppo wrote: »
    It's deffo true that toddlers are coming.

I saw a squadron of flying pigs today.

lol hahaah
    00.jpg

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

If I had to imagine their position, they might've delayed Get Together so they might be able to shield their potential profits from the big PC release of November. I can't imagine how many products might be in danger of being swamped by the release of Fallout 4, so it might've been a perfect time for them to polish GT while the market is dominated that month.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top