Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Romire wrote: »
    Ive heard reports that Tumblr is going nuts atm! Does anyone know if this is legit?

Its not

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Ive heard reports that Tumblr is going nuts atm! Does anyone know if this is legit?

That wouldn't surprise me. There hasn't really been anymore said from the Guru's at all.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    Well congrats to the CEO bet ure baby don't jump out of its crib and turn into a child after 3 days.....

I wondered how they're going to cover this one up.....
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    They probably aren't allowed to say.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited October 2015
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Guys, please just stop. Every time there is a picture of ANYTHING, the forums think it is a hint. And EVERY TIME you are disappointed. Why do you fall for it again and again? Until it comes out in a pack announcement NOTHING IS A HINT.

Just one thing: This is not "anything", this is the first concept art/pic/render we ever had of toddlers in The Sims 4. The reason why we are freaking out is because EA is refusing to give any info about them, so really, anything makes us speculate.

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    [

Nope i don't agree with making a render with the sims 4 if they were gonna use toddler that we don't even have. I would get it if it were with the sims 4 babies or ts3 toddlers and even tsfp cause it wouldn't have caused this.

And of course i post about the game in the sims 4 forums and i usually never get personal about real life issues or workshiping the gurus ... Well cause i only really care about the sims 4 since its the game forum...

Oh, for the love of plumbob, grow up, already. What part of "Mrs. CEO Wilson shared this with her friends on *her* Instagram account did you *fail* to understand? I'm with Piper Bird on this. Sometimes, a monkey *is* just a monkey, and a banana *is* just a banana. And sometimes, the wife of the CEO of a popular videogame maker is only sharing a picture made by her husband's employees who just happened to use the artwork from the most current rendering of their most popular and famous "dollhouse game" when they made the picture.

You sure do make an awful lot of assumptions, don't you? You assume that Mrs. CEO Wilson is a Sims fan and a Sims player. Furthermore, you also assume that the team meant for that render to be made public; I have a strong feeling that they didn't expect it to be put out on Mrs. CEO Wilson's instagram to share with her friends and family. Well, you cannot prove that's what happened. You can assume that the Maxis team did it on purpose, but you have no proof.

I, on the other hand, being more practical, can safely assume that Mrs. CEO Wilson did not set out to create a storm among the Sims community, because she probably neither knows nor cares about the greater Sims Community; it being that she is too busy being Mrs. Corporate Wife and Mother to bother playing a videogame that most people consider a dollhouse.

Again...get a grip. This is Not All About You.

Haha just haha

By the way the sims official twitter post sims 1 stuff ALL THE TIME, so there wasn't a need to use the sims 4 they could have used real content to avoid this.

You are pretty much not making any sense. I'm not making anything about myself. Read the threads, 80% are negative and many of them are cause people are tired of fake renders or concept arts. A few days ago people got angry over the market place not being in the new expansion pack.

Anyway you can assume anything about me. Pretty easy when you are behind a screen. If you want to think im selfish go ahead haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Let's hope there's more information given soon about toddlers.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Well congrats to the CEO bet ure baby don't jump out of its crib and turn into a child after 3 days.....

I wondered how they're going to cover this one up.....

Its art work, there's nothing to hide
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    HOLY LLAMA

12108193_1007544105954320_3263886168784313465_n.jpg?oh=d16229e4749fcbccd1ab5500bfbfb46a&oe=56BD335E&__gda__=1456014439_db312a7c45da2afbd3e5aad00d2f9e58

"It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."
    What a weird picture everyone knows babies hop out of cribs at 7 years old and families do not take pictures together it's impossible.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It's a legitimate product of Maxis, but not a confirmation that toddlers are coming. Renders can be created entirely from scratch, as can the toddlers here.

I remain skeptical on this, until somebody official comments.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    HOLY LLAMA

12108193_1007544105954320_3263886168784313465_n.jpg?oh=d16229e4749fcbccd1ab5500bfbfb46a&oe=56BD335E&__gda__=1456014439_db312a7c45da2afbd3e5aad00d2f9e58

"It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."
    What a weird picture everyone knows babies hop out of cribs at 7 years old and families do not take pictures together it's impossible.

That's true we should have guessed.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Don't they normally make announcements on Wednesdays?
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    HOLY LLAMA

Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art of things to come, its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Don't they normally make announcements on Wednesdays?

Yup, at least they have been for the past weeks.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    HOLY LLAMA

Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there

Steve, I hate to break the news to you, but they're not going to stop. Something like this is going to light up the community, both good and bad, more than anything else right now. While it's just one feature, the tease of it would do nothing but rile up all types of simmers. Trying to tell them to stop is not going to be effective in any sort of light.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art of things to come, its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there

It is kinda there though XD

Also...
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Again. After literally a year long debacle over this...what the plum did they think would happen XD

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

It is kinda there though XD

Also...

Again. After literally a year long debacle over this...what the plum did they think would happen XD

Maybe they thought people would be mature enough to accept it for what it is/was and not start throwing temper tantrums all over the forum because they took the hype train and ran with it, and it turned out to be much ado about nothing at all.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    YoonYoon Posts: 44 Member
    I doubt there will be an announcement, though. A simguru had already explained this thing on twitter(which was not satisfactory for a lot of people, but still). The Sims team tend to not give any definite answers or announcements to rumours like this.
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »
    HOLY LLAMA

Stop now, all of you just stop. Its not a render its not concept art its art work made specifically to honor the birth of a CEO's baby. That's all. Dont try to read into some thing that isn't there

Steve, I hate to break the news to you, but they're not going to stop. Something like this is going to light up the community, both good and bad, more than anything else right now. While it's just one feature, the tease of it would do nothing but rile up all types of simmers. Trying to tell them to stop is not going to be effective in any sort of light.

Its fan art
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Maybe they thought people would be mature enough to accept it for what it is/was and not start throwing temper tantrums all over the forum because they took the hype train and ran with it, and it turned out to be much ado about nothing at all.

LaughingGirlInPinkl.gif
    If they thought that then they're more out of touch with this community than I thought

• Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Yoon wrote: »
    I doubt there will be an announcement, though. A simguru had already explained this thing on twitter(which was not satisfactory for a lot of people, but still). The Sims team tend to not give any definite answers or announcements to rumours like this.

SimGuruDrake just explained it a few pages back. It's not a hint of future content.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

LaughingGirlInPinkl.gif
    If they thought that then they're more out of touch with this community than I thought

Good one. ;)
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    HOLY LLAMA

I think it could be HER family? Made into Sims? I wouldn't get too excited yet but it's hopeful!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Haha just haha

By the way the sims official twitter post sims 1 stuff ALL THE TIME, so there wasn't a need to use the sims 4 they could have used real content to avoid this.

You are pretty much not making any sense. I'm not making anything about myself. Read the threads, 80% are negative and many of them are cause people are tired of fake renders or concept arts. A few days ago people got angry over the market place not being in the new expansion pack.

Anyway you can assume anything about me. Pretty easy when you are behind a screen. If you want to think im selfish go ahead haha

Okay...I will explain it so that you can understand it...ready?

1. The Sims Team sends a family picture to Mr. and Mrs. CEO Wilson of their real life family Simmified. This happens to include a rendering of a toddler, because the family does, in fact, have a toddler in real life.

2. Mrs. CEO Wilson says "Aw, how cute!" and immediately posts the portrait on her Instagram because she likes it and wants to share with family and friends.

3. Someone picks up on it (maybe a friend/relative who likes the Sims) and the picture gets shared with that person's friends and fellow Simmers. And that's all there is to it.

4. And then *some* fan (we won't mention any names, but the fan is named after a flower) gets all bent out of shape and accuses Maxis of being "unprofessional" when that fan discovers that the picture is not a hint that toddlers are coming and refuses to accept the fact that it's much ado about nothing. And then, to add insult to injury, the fan begins to belittle and insult the team because they made the render in the first place.

Now, if that doesn't make sense to you, it's probably because you don't want it to. You'd much rather hold your grudge over some non-existent slight. But you know what? Life is too short.

The picture was made as a gift to the CEO and his Wife. And there was no intention by EA to insult the fans. And certainly, they were under no obligation to bind Mrs. CEO to a non-disclosure agreement over a mere picture, simply because they didn't realize that the fans were going to have a hissy fit over a simple picture.

Now, please...even if my post makes no sense, spare me the pouting. It's very unbecoming...and "unprofessional".

I won't read all that lol. Specially not coming from you as if you were some nice simmer on the forum. I think i have only ever seen you in threads that include fighting , but never in friendly threads to just share pictures and trust me i enjoy lots of those so i know what im talking about.

Also i don't know who you think you are to call me selfish when you are known for gettimg into fights with people that have strong opinions that aren't like yours. Also don't act like you love this game cause if some people have seen you in this threads you usually have some very strong critiques towards this game.

If you think what they did with the render and think is a lovely gift good for you, I don't agree but whatever i have my reasons.

If you have issues with me stick to the game and don't personally attack me by saying im a certain way cause i'll reply in the exact same manner. If you want to talk about the game great im open, if you wanna get personal with me go fight with yourself cause I'm not intersted. This forums are annonymous and it will remain that way , at least for me. So i hope this will be the last time you will insult me for not sharing your point of view.
    21mbz47.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top