Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 I don't see any reason she shouldn't have been allowed to post it on her social media. It's not "fake content," it's a gift that she received that just so happens to look like content from a game we play. That's acceptable. What isn't acceptable is EA/Maxis tapdancing around the idea of toddlers and trying to sweep this render under the rug. They should have known what would happen if the image became public. PR wise, bad move for EA/Maxis, but I don't fault her or her husband at all. I wonder how this will play into the major toddler debacle.

Given the fact that there are mo toddlers, it is fake. I don't blame her i already said that. I do blame the CEO and the team for not knowing anything about marketing.

I agree, major marketing fail on their part since they love to not be transparent. It can be an issue with many game devs. But the piece in question is a render, it's not something made using in game content. The baby is also in a blanket. It's more like a digital drawing then supposed to be a representation of the game. Most of the renders used to sell the game in that case can be "fake," despite using content from the game.

It's not just the renders though. Even the concept arts they have released lately are a failure. The concept art of the market place was lierally the only new thing in that picture and the one thing that was new in the sims 4 didn't make it to the game.

I'm just tired of hearing so much about what won't make it to the game instead of what will. The toddler thing was just the cherry on top of everything.

I have been saying this. Get Together is very much similar to the base game when it was about to be released. All we got to know what was not in the game. End result we have seen how many features were left out. This EP will be the same case too, in 2014 we had the base game and how could 2015 end without another debacle?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    This thread is on page 33. It's crazy yet interesting. I've been here since page 1. Nice to see you @halimali1980

Hello Misskermit, Did you like the toddler?
    This time the toddler we got was not an object or an FX. Its just a picture. lol
    A picture that is not even in the game :)
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Me reading this thread

200.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This thread is on page 33. It's crazy yet interesting. I've been here since page 1. Nice to see you @halimali1980

She was adorable Halimali. I do think that whoever she shared it with was a jerk to release it. In case you didn't know her instagram is private. Someone screenshot it...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

She was adorable Halimali. I do think that whoever she shared it with was a jerk to release it. In case you didn't know her instagram is private. Someone screenshot it...

She should not be blamed even if she posted it publicly.
    The blame goes again on Rachel Franklin. She thought simmers were not interested in toddlers as she said she was surprised by the reaction.
    I'm sure if the CEO knew about all this noise he will have a long talk with her!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

She should not be blamed even if she posted it publicly.
    The blame goes again on Rachel Franklin. She thought simmers were not interested in toddlers as she said she was surprised by the reaction.
    I'm sure if the CEO knew about all this noise he will have a long talk with her!

The fact that they didn't delete it right away or at all...means that they wanted us to see it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    @Orchid13 I don't see any reason she shouldn't have been allowed to post it on her social media. It's not "fake content," it's a gift that she received that just so happens to look like content from a game we play. That's acceptable. What isn't acceptable is EA/Maxis tapdancing around the idea of toddlers and trying to sweep this render under the rug. They should have known what would happen if the image became public. PR wise, bad move for EA/Maxis, but I don't fault her or her husband at all. I wonder how this will play into the major toddler debacle.

Given the fact that there are mo toddlers, it is fake. I don't blame her i already said that. I do blame the CEO and the team for not knowing anything about marketing.

I agree, major marketing fail on their part since they love to not be transparent. It can be an issue with many game devs. But the piece in question is a render, it's not something made using in game content. The baby is also in a blanket. It's more like a digital drawing then supposed to be a representation of the game. Most of the renders used to sell the game in that case can be "fake," despite using content from the game.

It's not just the renders though. Even the concept arts they have released lately are a failure. The concept art of the market place was lierally the only new thing in that picture and the one thing that was new in the sims 4 didn't make it to the game.

I'm just tired of hearing so much about what won't make it to the game instead of what will. The toddler thing was just the cherry on top of everything.

I have been saying this. Get Together is very much similar to the base game when it was about to be released. All we got to know what was not in the game. End result we have seen how many features were left out. This EP will be the same case too, in 2014 we had the base game and how could 2015 end without another debacle?

And on top of that they delay it and i still don't see why
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I think it's a good thing it got shared and it's a good thing it got so much attention. This has got to get the CEO's attention that so many fans got so hyped/upset over the missing life stage.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I think it's a good thing it got shared and it's a good thing it got so much attention. This has got to get the CEO's attention that so many fans got so hyped/upset over the missing life stage.

Really? They still haven't gotten the message?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I've only read a couple pages of this thread. Please pardon me if this was brought up before. The toddler is adorable but did anyone else notice that the baby is a burrito baby? That makes me suspicious.
  • Options
    IcyKrystl91IcyKrystl91 Posts: 82 Member
    edited October 2015
    The toddler is literally a shrunken child, both the hat and the clothes are children's clothes in the game already. That's what I noticed beyond the burrito baby.

Edited for typo.
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Origin I.D. :DividedByeZero
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    HOLY LLAMA

12108193_1007544105954320_3263886168784313465_n.jpg?oh=d16229e4749fcbccd1ab5500bfbfb46a&oe=56BD335E&__gda__=1456014439_db312a7c45da2afbd3e5aad00d2f9e58

"It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."

Looks like someone took a child and altered it to appear as a toddler.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    ^ Probably.

Saying that.. if that's what my toddlers would look like if ever introduced in to the game, I would be pretty happy with that. It's adorable. :)

Too bad this was debunked/not real.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited October 2015
    From what I read, this was a gift for the family of the EA CEO to celebrate the birth of their baby. It was posted on a private account and not intended to be a clue or hint of upcoming content.
    I think that it was meant as a very special gift, and indeed it is beautiful and unique.
    It also proves that when and if toddlers are developed, they will be adorable.
    Hopefully someday, we'll get toddlers, but this isn't it.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    That baby bundled up is the same way the baby arrives if your sim gives birth at the hospital.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That really is a very cute toddler and wish they had made those for this game. Oh, well, :'(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Agreed, I would love to have that toddler in my game.
  • Options
    crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member
    > @mommataurus2 said:
    > It would HAVE to be a game pack! Because we don't have toddlers, cribs, toddler toys.....they have a bunch of new stuff they'd have to give us.....omg I am biting my nails!

I know that adding them means a lot of new objects but if it just adds toddlers would you buy it? I definitely would not buy them for more than 10$, for something that should be free in the first place.
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Still no option to download the little toddler sim? :'(
  • Options
    instantmessinstantmess Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2015
    @Sim_Lucent said:

well, I don't think EA or any of the gurus have flat out said that this wasn't (or isn't) hinted at further development (or have they? Did I miss it?!). I know they said the picture was a gift, but as much as I can find no one is saying anything about it NOT being in the game or related to gameplay/updates/further development. Which has me wondering, if it is just a gift, why isn't anyone 100% clarifying it? I am just really trying to be hopeful though. The toddler looks oh so adorable!

(edited for spelling)
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Sim_Lucent said:

well, I don't think EA or any of the gurus have flat out said that this wasn't (or isn't) hinted at further development (or have they? Did I miss it?!). I know they said the picture was a gift, but as much as I can find no one is saying anything about it being in the game or related to gameplay/updates/further development. Which has me wondering, if it is just a gift, why isn't anyone 100% clarifying it?

Believing it's a hint for actual toddlers is just wishful thinking (wrong or right it doesnt matter). They're never going to say with absolute certainty (imo) that we're not getting toddlers. Keeping that hope alive keeps people interested and spending money.

But we're all free to believe what ever we want.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Well, at least they aknowledged, you can't recreate real life families without the toddler stage.

lol so true. :D

Cute toddler though.

• Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    @Sim_Lucent said:

well, I don't think EA or any of the gurus have flat out said that this wasn't (or isn't) hinted at further development (or have they? Did I miss it?!). I know they said the picture was a gift, but as much as I can find no one is saying anything about it NOT being in the game or related to gameplay/updates/further development. Which has me wondering, if it is just a gift, why isn't anyone 100% clarifying it? I am just really trying to be hopeful though. The toddler looks oh so adorable!

(edited for spelling)

They won't outright debunk it because they'd lose more fans (I mean fans who want toddlers).
    However, this doesn't mean toddlers won't be coming at some point. Who knows.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Well, at least they aknowledged, you can't recreate real life families without the toddler stage.

@Anemone7 Yep, the closest they could have done with what's in game now would have been a sparkling child jumping out of a basinet :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top