Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @Pary Beautiful sim! :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @bee1977 Odd isn't it how many sims find that the bathroom is the best location for all of those intimate confessions, flirting and other such behaviour! I suppose he realised his chances with her were a wash... That was a bad joke.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've decided to turn my next chapter into 2. First Wolf will try to discover how he can reverse the werewolf curse and then decide his next course of action. Then the chapter where Elizabeth remembers growing up with her childhood friend.

So I had Wolfgang visit Moonlight Falls in search of a cure. He had the wish to turn but here he looks more werewolfy. Not sure if that will revert when he returns home.
    Screenshot-682_zpsnj7kkkdq.jpg

While there he met some other werewolves. In werewolf form he can not give a friendly intro. He can do charismatic intro.
    Screenshot-684_zpstyrd0thb.jpg
    Screenshot-686_zpsheg4d0qp.jpg

He can sniff, but only as an intro. (She turned out to be married.)
    Screenshot-688_zpszh5fqi4o.jpg
    Screenshot-691_zps0yjyaf7f.jpg
    Screenshot-692_zpsf79b4vme.jpg
    Screenshot-694_zpsxcqakhho.jpg
    Screenshot-695_zpstaevwx5h.jpg
    Screenshot-697_zpsyopx6p5t.jpg
    This last picture Wolf is so pleased with himself and she gives a knowing glance that seems to say "men!".

And he can growl, again only as an intro. (This was her husband.)
    Screenshot-699_zps0qffcyeq.jpg
    Screenshot-701_zpsr0gj28ql.jpg
    Screenshot-703_zpslte5s1xx.jpg

It wasn't until Wolfgang transformed into his human form that the husband got afraid.
    Screenshot-706_zpswnmjwctd.jpg
    I now know what that green leaf thought bubble means - the sim is afraid, trembling like a leaf.
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    So I had Wolfgang visit Moonlight Falls in search of a cure.
    That's where my game is! (Because that's where The Sims 3 on the Console is very limited...)
  • Options
    Great updates today everyone.

@Wonderstruckk I find that whole locked in process of scolding, grounding and the escalating downer situation introduced with Generations very frustrating. In one game I attempted to break the process by eliminating the parents, only to have the older brother start in on the scolding. I no longer send my kids across the street to fish before 6 AM since it breaks curfew and I want to avoid the whole unpleasant process. Hope your sim can recover her grades and your game not become too negative.

@GaiaHypothesis Tristan is another good looking sim. :p
    lanlyn wrote: »
    This graveyard encounter was not the end of Roy's night. There was another, uh, complication in the wife hunt. I blame it on Roy. I think he mislead me with his pop up wishes. But that's another story.
    Can't wait to find out.

@Pary Kit is cute and she sounds like she would be fun to play.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Those facial expressions....... :D
    Hilarious!

I thought the boss's confession in the bathroom was hilarious. And that fairy's hot pink wings are gorgeous, I can never seem to get that colour.
    Sorry for not tagging the owners of the pictures but it's quite late here and this is a fly-by post on my way to bed.

Thank you for the nice compliments on my sim, already she really is lots of fun to play! She's so happy and friendly.

<3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @MiyuEmi LMAO! Omg, you nearly killed me! I read that and almost fell out of my chair. It may have been a bad joke, but it was a doozy! LOL Too funny. But yeah, usually the bathroom is where most of my sims relay their secret confessions :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    @lanlyn You collect the dolls when you dig up time capsules which are under little rocks that you find around town. It's pretty neat, plus it can make you quite muscular :wink:

So in my last update, I had Darren and Cammie get engaged, but before the wedding could happen, we had to age Darren up, didn't want a 'forgotten birthday' to ruin the wedding.

2iieald.png

Now I didn't take many screenshots of the wedding, only about 10, so hopefully these will do. Also, the venue that I made accidentally got deleted (so frustrated) so I ended up finding a lot on the gallery (I think it was made by Deligracy, so I liked it even before I'd seen the pictures :blush: ) I did tweak it a little bit, but other than that, all credit is on her!

The bridesmaids on their specific seats right next to the wedding arch:

15gdsvm.png

And Jim cutting in on front row

2nba5gz.png

The first moments of the ceremony:

jjv7cy.png

Rings...

33vc268.png

29w742q.png

Yay....!! (Pepper looks so please for her sister :smile: )

qnsa3b.png

2zody0m.png

And then I scrolled out of view to look at the entire church and saw this....

23tpl5h.png

No-one had sat in their seats!!!!! :angry: grrrrrrrrr!! :wink: )
    Then a cute little kiss outside in the reception area, before the music began to play and the drinks got served.

mcug5i.png

After this I didn't take any pictures, but everyone had a great time, and the reception ran well into the night. The family didn't get home till around 3am, which might cause problems for work tomorrow, but hopefully it should be okay.
    Jude (Cammie and Pepper's friend) aged up at the wedding into a young adult FINALLY!!!!!!! He'd been a teenager for so long, and knowing me, of course I changed his appearance in CAS, but again, I unfortunately didn't take any pics, will do so next time he comes round. I was thinking
    maybe him and Pepper could start dating possibly, but then again maybe I want Pepper and Alexandra to hook up... decisions, decisions :joy:

Also, I forget who, but someone asked earlier if teens can get married in the sims 4, and no they can't, but they might be able to woohoo, I'm not sure. Cammie is a YA, and Darren is now a fully grown adult :blush:

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    I made 4 new sims. The last two needs a lot of touch ups still
  • Options

I posted my next chapter - Chapter 4 Lone Wolf

Screenshot-294_zpslrmpfofl.jpg
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Great updates today everyone.

@Wonderstruckk I find that whole locked in process of scolding, grounding and the escalating downer situation introduced with Generations very frustrating. In one game I attempted to break the process by eliminating the parents, only to have the older brother start in on the scolding. I no longer send my kids across the street to fish before 6 AM since it breaks curfew and I want to avoid the whole unpleasant process. Hope your sim can recover her grades and your game not become too negative.

@GaiaHypothesis Tristan is another good looking sim. :p
    lanlyn wrote: »
    This graveyard encounter was not the end of Roy's night. There was another, uh, complication in the wife hunt. I blame it on Roy. I think he mislead me with his pop up wishes. But that's another story.
    Can't wait to find out.

@Pary Kit is cute and she sounds like she would be fun to play.

I agree with you lol, the same thing also happened to me with the older sibling doing the punishing. It's funny how every time my punished Sim leaves to go to School she gets scolded, then when she stays home from school she also gets scolded.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    NoiraSnowNoiraSnow Posts: 11 New Member
    My witch sim, names Vivian, with a level 10 alchemy career married Zelda Mae. While her wife is at work she goes to the park and throws elixers and casts spells on the sims who happen to be there. If they are nice good things happen, if they are mean bad things happen. Vita Alto got turned into a frog.
  • Options
    Well, I have a post with some photos in the pipeline, but it's going through the approval process. Didn't know there was one now, but apparently there is! Hopefully it doesn't take too long as I want to actually show you guys Jonah.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    This happened:

6ciOzKj.jpg
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @picklesthecat114 That same thing happened to me in my game yesterday! With my Sim's boss! I'm glad I'm not the only one lol
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Well, I have a post with some photos in the pipeline, but it's going through the approval process. Didn't know there was one now, but apparently there is! Hopefully it doesn't take too long as I want to actually show you guys Jonah.

The only time I had a post that was waiting for approval, which never came BTW, was when it had pictures that were from a different game and were larger than the approved size.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    bee1977 wrote: »
    @picklesthecat114 That same thing happened to me in my game yesterday! With my Sim's boss! I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

Haha, I like glitches that don't ruin your gameplay, it adds charm to it! :D

Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @cwaddell I'll have to check that, it might be the size issue. I'll have to resize the photos. They look small enough in photobucket, but they were full sized screenshots when dragged into the website.

Okay, I've tried again but despite cutting the photo size in half it's still been sent for approval. I read the forum rules and it doesn't state anywhere what size the photos are meant to be. Does anyone know? Do you think it's that I'm using Photobucket for the pictures?
    Post edited by MiyuEmi on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Masquerade Halloween ball in my game today <3 [img][/img]test_zpssbjejpz1.jpg
  • Options
    @cwaddell I'll have to check that, it might be the size issue. I'll have to resize the photos. They look small enough in photobucket, but they were full sized screenshots when dragged into the website.

Okay, I've tried again but despite cutting the photo size in half it's still been sent for approval. I read the forum rules and it doesn't state anywhere what size the photos are meant to be. Does anyone know? Do you think it's that I'm using Photobucket for the pictures?

I'm thinking size as in how many KB but also what format. Files of pictures from the game have .jpg as their extension.

When I had that problem I had to make the pictures smaller and/or include less of them in a post. I never could quite figure out what was the problem but eventually was able to use the right size/combo or whatever to get the post submitted without waiting for approval.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Thanks @cwaddell I think I'll try waiting and posting a link to my Weebly site (which my daughter is going to help me with this weekend) because I only tried to post 4 or 5 pictures made them less than half of their original size and still got the approval required message, so I think I'll just have to wait to show everyone Jonah and his life until after I've got my site up and running! Thanks for all the advice though.

@HopeAK What size is your photo in your post? I notice you're using Photobucket, which I'm using as well. Let me know how small your photos are so I can compare against what size I'm trying to post.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    I took a break from Sims 3, and am slowly working my way back into several of my stories. I deleted two 'aftermath' stories- Mommy Dearest, in which i was bored and had the father have multiple children with multiple women; and Young Love, in which the young couple had another set of twins soon after the birth of their first set of twins.
    I dabbled a bit in my 'going nowhere' story Phantom Romance.

in my Reynoso Legacy game, Edna died in a fire and got pregnant. I saved close to her going into labor. I'm trying to get her to have a ghost baby despite being revived, while also trying move out her oldest son. in one case, he did move out and Edna bore twins, though neither ghosts.

in my Casanova Generations game, the twins aged up and have both chosen a lover- ironically, one doesn't like to flirt, the other has commitment issues. I'm trying to get the twin's lovers pregnant before moving them out and trying to get Donna pregnant before her last space mission.
    Worst case, i'm just not going to try getting the lovers pregnant.
    Kiki has found out, that her half-sister Aja, who married the only boy not related to her, is pregnant...

So far, the plan is-
    Donna tours the Military Base, and Try for Baby with her boss before her final space mission, the twins invite out their girlfriends and Try for Baby while touring a location, Kiki moves in her boyfriend and the twins move out as a result- and hope that all three women get pregnant.
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    @Wonderstruckk I liked your pic of the teens taking naps side by side. The game sure has some crazy rules about grounding. Makes no sense!

@james64468 Congrats on Earl's big win! My sim Roy bought a lottery ticket. He won 50 simoleons, so profited $40. Whoopee. I guess that's pretty good for a Loser. He was at the cemetery when he got his win notice.
    RoyLotto%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

@GaiaHypothesis Your new sim may not look like the RL person, but he turned out great! So did Harris, even with a shirt on!

@TadOlson Ami and Eli played Rock, Paper, Scissors? I've only done that a couple of times. I should try it out more.

@PalmArrow If you like mysteries set around that time period--have you read any Gladys Mitchell's Mrs. Bradley books? They were featured on BBC a few times too. ...The Brokes remind me of Cousin Eddie's bunch in the Family Vacation movies. You had to love 'em. They was just good people!
    christmas-vacation-facts.jpg

@bee1977 So funny about these social moments standing around the toilet.

@Pary Wow! What a great looking sim! And I love her name. Kit Fox.

@cwaddell Your werewolf story is fantastic! What a perfect way to get Kathy in the household! And those pics of Wolfgang sniffing the lady were hilarious. Hey, and thanks for the "trembling leaf" explanation. That sounds right on.

@Letchy15 RE: time capsules. That's different! I'm learning a little more about Sims 4 from your posts. And I thought your wedding pictures were great. Love the puckered lips kiss!

@NoiraSnow That's a good way for your witch to practice both good and bad spells. I've been playing some "bad" sims lately (I usually don't.) and I've found that they enjoy fights and mean stunts. I guess any attention is good attention for sims!

@picklesthecat114 The little girl looks like she's taking a bath in the sink!

@HopeAK Beautiful photo! BTW, does your profile name refer to Hope, AK? I live in Alaska and was curious.

@Selvaxri Sounds like your twins will definitely have a challenge with their romantic interest choices.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks @cwaddell I think I'll try waiting and posting a link to my Weebly site (which my daughter is going to help me with this weekend) because I only tried to post 4 or 5 pictures made them less than half of their original size and still got the approval required message, so I think I'll just have to wait to show everyone Jonah and his life until after I've got my site up and running! Thanks for all the advice though.

@HopeAK What size is your photo in your post? I notice you're using Photobucket, which I'm using as well. Let me know how small your photos are so I can compare against what size I'm trying to post.

This is apparently a forum glitch. Your post doesn't really need to be approved. Some people have reported success by first making a text post and then adding the pictures in as an edit after it's been posted. I hope it works, I would love to see your sim.

@lanlyn I've had my sim win the lottery once, is $50 the major prize?

@HopeAK what a gorgeous shot! Black & White and Sepia are some of my favourites when it comes to photo's.

@cwaddell - that picture of your wolf is fantastic! I loved the tree lined street

@Letchy15 what a lovely wedding!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited October 2015
    The Sinister Circuits of 1-Eye Plumbot

1-Eye has a streak of mad scientist in him. He keeps a collection of potions in the attic, ready for use.
    1-EyeJunkyard%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

He spends a lot of time at the junkyard, socializing with criminals...
    1-EyeJunkyard%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

mean spirited survivalists...
    1-EyeJunkyard%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

and any evil-minded sim craving a game of hoops.
    1-EyeJunkyard%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

You can sometimes catch him kicking over the trash can at home after being ordered to clean, cook, repair, or pick up mail.
    HouseWork.jpg

The Criminally Challenged household doesn't get a lot of visitors, but some unwary folk do drop by. After a little time spent with Roy in town, Nellie Spenster came by the house asking about him. She met Clyde first and was invited to stay awhile.
    "Is Roy single? He's kind of a Naughty sim, isn't he?"
    "Well, Nellie, I hate to tell you this, but Roy's a divorced man. And he's prone to cheating."
    NellieVisit%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Just about then, 1-Eye came around the corner of the house and noticed Nellie. He immediately sensed that she had the Good trait. That just rezzed his circuits! He attacked without a word. (His choice, not mine.)
    NellieVisit%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

The poor woman never had a chance.
    NellieVisit%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Luckily 1-Eye spared her any further shock or scares. The bot's getting a little out of control. Sort of like Roy. Only 1-Eye uses his fists, not his lips. :/
    NellieVisit%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

This kind of got to me. Nellie wandered back to the grave remains in the garden and started crying. It's like she was thinking, "No one wants me except to see me dead." :'( I sent Bonnie over to cheer her up. I think Nellie needs befriending.
    NellieVisit.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top