Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clown makeup occurring with work outfits

Several reports! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857498/sim-with-clown-makeup-face-paint-when-going-to-work#latest
- Tech Guru project manager
- Painter (not sure which level)
- "The Next Big Thing"

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    For my painters, it was up until the time came for them to choose a branch.
  • Options
    pigletbaby82pigletbaby82 Posts: 72 Member
    Me too, she's on "hungry artist" level of the painter career.
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Omg yes!! This is soooo annoying!! I have already looked into mods to be able to pick the work outfit. I cannot stand this bug!! Its horrible. My sim has a painted face, an animal hat, some completly mismatched clothes and clown boots. Shes on the tech guru career level 6 and she looks like a lunatic.. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Corenren wrote: »
    Omg yes!! This is soooo annoying!! I have already looked into mods to be able to pick the work outfit. I cannot stand this bug!! Its horrible. My sim has a painted face, an animal hat, some completly mismatched clothes and clown boots. Shes on the tech guru career level 6 and she looks like a lunatic.. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Good luck. I've been waiting months for a fix that's important to me.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    10-15-15_4-07-15nbspPM_zpsnb5blpnb.png
    My sim with her clown make up and work clothes on :|

edit: oh and she's a level 4 painter now, still with the clown face.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2015
    There's definitely something fishy going on - I tried to remove mods and delete sims to make my sims colleagues spawn with the appropriate attire, but no luck. I even made her quit and join the career again. She is in the doctor career, and these are the nurses and doctors outfits:

fgsD5L5.png
    Really doctor, in your underpants?

b4RZWqc.png
    I'm not sure that headgear is suitable for patient care.

3tt0wCW.png
    Casual day for the nurses?

AUWa6Bz.png
    Is she perhaps intent on making the children laugh - or more likely scare them?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Aine, thanks for posting those pictures. Particularly the one with the that weird head gear. I don't know what that is from. Does anyone know? Because since this last patch the NPC that comes to fix my Sims broken stuff wears that one seen in your second hospital picture. What is that? lol But I assumed the new patch doesn't like the mod installed for a 'handyman'. But I don't have the regular clothes as uniforms at the hospital. They all wear their correct work outfits. So far, only the handyman/female or male Sim is wearing that head gear when coming to my Sims houses to fix stuff. But I'm not going to remove that mod to test. Too much trouble.

ETA: No clown makeup either, but I would 'guess' that is due to some bad custom content conflict?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Aine, thanks for posting those pictures. Particularly the one with the that weird head gear. I don't know what that is from. Does anyone know? Because since this last patch the NPC that comes to fix my Sims broken stuff wears that one seen in your second hospital picture. What is that? lol But I assumed the new patch doesn't like the mod installed for a 'handyman'. But I don't have the regular clothes as uniforms at the hospital. They all wear their correct work outfits. So far, only the handyman/female or male Sim is wearing that head gear when coming to my Sims houses to fix stuff. But I'm not going to remove that mod to test. Too much trouble.

ETA: No clown makeup either, but I would 'guess' that is due to some bad custom content conflict?
    I haven't played the agent career alot, but I think the weird hat is from there?
    It doesn't seem to be a particular mod conflict - cc just affects what is showing or not instead of the regular work clothes. While testing I tried deleting work npcs to make the game regenerate new outfits, but they always have these horrible outfits, and someone ALWAYS had the clown-face. I thought it was a mod issue too, but after testing I'm pretty sure no.
    As you can see in the screens, some nurses do get their correct hats, but not even close to the right outfits. The sims to teh right in the second image is my own playable, and she got those right clothes after she re-joined the career, but without hat funnily enough.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @Cinebar. The head item that is in the second picture is a part of the outfit that is unlocked during the scientist career. It is unlocked at level 5.

It is helpful seeing the pictures that you have posted @pigletbaby82 and @Aine .
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Yes, I'm getting this. It's not just the clown make up though. I also had a tech career person come home in the chef outfit. The career outfits are wonky.

At first I thought someone at Maxis didn't like their project manager. . .

15f54dd.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I haven't played the agent career alot, but I think the weird hat is from there?
    It doesn't seem to be a particular mod conflict - cc just affects what is showing or not instead of the regular work clothes. While testing I tried deleting work npcs to make the game regenerate new outfits, but they always have these horrible outfits, and someone ALWAYS had the clown-face. I thought it was a mod issue too, but after testing I'm pretty sure no.
    As you can see in the screens, some nurses do get their correct hats, but not even close to the right outfits. The sims to teh right in the second image is my own playable, and she got those right clothes after she re-joined the career, but without hat funnily enough.

I played some yesterday, and instead of the regular NPC that comes to fix my Sims stuff (on rotation) they sent my Holmes Sim (high mechanical I guess) with that head gear on and some weird clothes he doesn't even own. lol Then next time sent him again he was wearing some bike shorts, something looks like it is for diving shirt and a black helmant that looks like for motorcycles. I'm not sure where all these clothes matches are coming from. The next time the regular NPC came to fix the broken stuff again, she was no longer wearing the gadget head gear but the nurses hat.

It must be to do with something added recently in their own meshes that has caused this corruption. I mean the clothes don't even make sense, and then the hats might be the problem. Knock on wood I don't get the clown makeup but I sure get NPCs in the wrong outfits and or the wrong hats etc. Sometimes bad meshes can cause more problems than people think. (Maxis meshes)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Yes, it's definitely not only the clown outfit, it's all the career outfits.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    A heads up guys! It seems that for me at least the problem does seem to be Mod related. I was sure that I had tested without mods, but apparently not. (I should have just tested without the entire mod folder from the start, but alas I did not)
    I removed the mods folder and started a new game, and had a sim join the doctor career. I then proceeded to add game mods to see who was the culprit.

It turns out that for me, it was the mod More Staff At Hospital that was causing the issue. It's by An_dz over at Modthesims, if anyone else has that mod aswell, he actually updated the mod today, and it works as intended now, without any more strange outfits. It requires more testing ofcourse, but so far so good. It's possible that similar mods might have the same unfortunate effect on npc outfits.

That said, this doesn't mean that the clown face issue still isn't in effect. I haven't seen the clown face since I updated the mod above, but further testing will be needed ofcourse. It might be that certain mods remove the clown face.

Here's a pic of the nurses with the updated mod:
    mqnY6NY.png

If you want to test out the updated version yourselves, it's here.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    Thankyou for letting us know that it was a mod causing the issue in your game @Aine. It will be helpful for other simmers that have that mod to know about it. Also it will help others to test without mods to see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    Aine wrote: »
    A heads up guys! It seems that for me at least the problem does seem to be Mod related. I was sure that I had tested without mods, but apparently not. (I should have just tested without the entire mod folder from the start, but alas I did not)
    I removed the mods folder and started a new game, and had a sim join the doctor career. I then proceeded to add game mods to see who was the culprit.

It turns out that for me, it was the mod More Staff At Hospital that was causing the issue. It's by An_dz over at Modthesims, if anyone else has that mod aswell, he actually updated the mod today, and it works as intended now, without any more strange outfits. It requires more testing ofcourse, but so far so good. It's possible that similar mods might have the same unfortunate effect on npc outfits.

That said, this doesn't mean that the clown face issue still isn't in effect. I haven't seen the clown face since I updated the mod above, but further testing will be needed ofcourse. It might be that certain mods remove the clown face.

Here's a pic of the nurses with the updated mod:
    mqnY6NY.png

If you want to test out the updated version yourselves, it's here.

That's great that removing mods resolved the issue for you and I hope it works for some others as well, but I've never used any mods and I still have this. Also, both Origin and my game were newly re-installed only 2 days ago -- fresh, clean game; fresh, new problem.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    That's great that removing mods resolved the issue for you and I hope it works for some others as well, but I've never used any mods and I still have this. Also, both Origin and my game were newly re-installed only 2 days ago -- fresh, clean game; fresh, new problem.
    Yes, there are alot of variables to consider. I need to test more too. It is possible that some mods actually fixes the issue. But ofcourse that is not an option if you don't want to use mods. I hope it can be resolved for everyone.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    Glad you were able to fix yours aine :) unfortunately the same action won't be able to fix my sims clown face as I don't use any mods or cc :( repair game hasn't worked either so it looks like being stuck with it until an update to fix it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Glad you were able to fix yours aine :) unfortunately the same action won't be able to fix my sims clown face as I don't use any mods or cc :( repair game hasn't worked either so it looks like being stuck with it until an update to fix it.
    Aww that's sad. :( Funnily enough I had the clown face until I downloaded the updated mod, then it disappeared. Maybe you could try load the mod once, and see if the face disappears for you? Maybe it will stay gone if you remove the mod again. I'm just speculating here, but anything that could help right?
    Allons-y!

• Options
    OrizuruOrizuru Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim has this problem as well. I just installed it on this computer for the first time and played a few days to get to Tech Guru level 6 Project Manager. On my first day, I noticed my sim changed into a clown on his first day with the new job. Something happened at work to embarrass him and he come home with that mood still dressed as a clown. I just thought maybe the the embarrassed mood had something to do with it I did the work needed to cheer up my sim and get rid of the embarrassed mood. Then the next day he tried to go work dressed as a clown again, but I stopped him and took a vacation day thinking I still needed to cheer him up some more. Spent the whole day doing his favorite things and sent him to work with a Focused mood the next day, still changed into the clown make-up.

It's dumb. So so dumb. November 10 can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    sikatossikatos Posts: 56 Member
    This is terrible, i'm not even in the mood to play the game anymore. :/
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    My techie appears as a skeleton with a green face so I was thinking it was some kind of Halloween gimmick EA was "tricking" us with and my guy was also embarrassed at work. Not sure if that plays any part in determining what makeup appears. Thank God at least he doesn't look like a clown. LOL. I can almost live with him looking like a monster. I can pretend all those hours sitting in front of the computer just mutated him...you never know.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've got it as well with my painter:
    11-05-15_12-54-46nbspPM_zpsy7lm8syr.png

Glad to hear it clears up when they choose a track -- I'll have to get her promoted quickly then so she can dress a little more "normal". It's also only affecting her, not her athlete dad, businesswoman mom, or astronaut brother.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I am just posting this for simmers who were experiencing this issue.
    Another simmer posted that after the patch, when they had their sim quit their job then join the career again, the issue was fixed. The issue was still there until they quit the job. It has been fixed for sims starting new careers or who quit/rejoin their careers.