Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Loses Connection

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    capeterscapeters Posts: 1 New Member
    I too am unable to connect to in game options.It has been since the last update also.Please try to get a fix soon.Still a loyal sims fan.
  • Options
    TiffyVogueTiffyVogue Posts: 48 Member
    i have this same isue pleas help
  • Options
    MakoMako Posts: 1 New Member
    I just reinstalled the game after not playing for a while. I am on a relatively fresh and clean install of Windows 10, and I cannot remain connected tot he community either. It may work for a little while, and then just stops. Reconnecting does not work. Sometimes closing the game and restarting helps, but only for so long.
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Keeps happening to me too. We have been having internet issues here. And every time I try to go back into the gallery after the internet ducked out, it says I have no internet connection when in that moment I do. To resolve it, I have to leave the game completely and then restart. Sometimes this fixes it. Other times I have to go into game options and tell it to go offline save settings then go online save settings. But this is happening constantly as I play! It's making me nutty.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    British AphroditeBritish Aphrodite Posts: 10 New Member
    I have the same thing too, it keeps saying loss of connection. The sims 4 keeps freezing too and it says not responding also I have black dots appear on the screen. Does anyone else have these issues too?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    I have the same thing too, it keeps saying loss of connection. The sims 4 keeps freezing too and it says not responding also I have black dots appear on the screen. Does anyone else have these issues too?

Hello.
    With your freezing, not responding and other issues try these things :
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues are there. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders, testing after replacing each one to see how the game is working.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    ive noticed since having this issue my town is less populated and im worried it wont regenerate townies. ive tried everything i hope they fix it.
  • Options
    ive noticed since having this issue my town is less populated and im worried it wont regenerate townies. ive tried everything i hope they fix it.

Hello @mariepeek28. I hope the connection issues are fixed for you and other simmers very soon.
    With you finding that your town is less populated, see if having your sims travelling to different venues helps. When they travel to other venues, the game will bring in more sims to be at the venues.
  • Options
    BklynbkbPlayerBklynbkbPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    Hello, all. I logged in to search for this issue because my game keeps telling me there is "no Internet connection available" while I have a solid connection. I only recently began sharing my lots in the Gallery, and have had such fun doing that! However, the frequent error messages and disconnects are very frustrating. If I exit the game and restart it I can use the Gallery, but it doesn't hold very long. Meanwhile, Origin is running and happily live. There is no issue with the connection; it is the game, somehow.

I am happy to see that a SimGuru has commented on this thread. Perhaps the issue will be resolved this month. Sharing lots is so fun! (If anyone wants to see them, my Origin name is BrooklynPlayer. Do with that what you will ;) .) Happy Simming, everyone! :)
  • Options
    servuleservule Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello,

I'm having the same problem and I've tried all solutions, it doesn't fix it...
    SimGuruDrake had smoe news of EA? His last message dates October 5th...
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited October 2015
    you guys need to google Origin Server status & google EA server status too

ETA: Origin servers were down but they're now up.
    I've seen reports that EA servers were down too, not sure of their status now though.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    ive noticed the past two days it haunt been doing it. thanks faytheful.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited October 2015
    ive noticed the past two days it haunt been doing it. thanks faytheful.
    you're welcome :-) - noticed that for some EA games the servers were down, but they say for Sims 3 the servers were up.
    Not sure where Sims 4 servers fits in, but usually when a game is on a server & won't start its logical to consider the server status.
    Here is a site that monitors Sims 3 website http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/thesims3.com.html
    This link is for the servers https://downdetector.com/status/ea
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Greetings, EA told me it was malware on my computer, and that all the computers in the home had to be scanned and cleaned of any malware, that was done, and i haven't been back to the Sims 4 in bout 2 weeks after, and now all of a sudden the game works, BUT all my saved stuff and everything is gone? and when i tried to add my saved stuff back in the folder, it wont show up in the game, all the lots and such its like the game is new, and nothing i add back will show up,which makes me very Mad, cause all the easter eggs and such is all gone now? this game is horrid, because you do a ton of work, only to have it all go poof, pfft.
  • Options
    Greetings, EA told me it was malware on my computer, and that all the computers in the home had to be scanned and cleaned of any malware, that was done, and i haven't been back to the Sims 4 in bout 2 weeks after, and now all of a sudden the game works, BUT all my saved stuff and everything is gone? and when i tried to add my saved stuff back in the folder, it wont show up in the game, all the lots and such its like the game is new, and nothing i add back will show up,which makes me very Mad, cause all the easter eggs and such is all gone now? this game is horrid, because you do a ton of work, only to have it all go poof, pfft.

Hello.
    The autosave may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file and could be causing issues. Then launch the game. Go to the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, load one of your game files, play the game and see if it is working okay.

If you continue to have issues, you can try rolling back your save game to an earlier version.
    These links explain how to roll back the save game file.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    My game has been fixed, after like 3 weeks, so i can finally play it again, thanks for all the info, much appreciated, :)
  • Options
    My game has been fixed, after like 3 weeks, so i can finally play it again, thanks for all the info, much appreciated, :)

I am glad that your issue has been fixed :)