Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened with these AMAZING concept arts ?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I think the in game version is beautifully made, you can clearly see the inspiration that comes from the concept art :)

10-03-15_2-02-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-03-03%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-04-00%25C2%25A0PM.png
    10-03-15_2-05-57%25C2%25A0PM.png

Looks stunning from the routable angle :flushed:

This is just a scenery.
    Whats the point if my sims cant go there? Why at least they did not make these fake buildings into rabbit holes?
    Where sims can walk on that street and can do stuff on its public areas but the building be rabbit holes.

I can't believe they would develop all that and totally waste it on the scenery.

Wait...wait...wait! You can't GO there?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first concept art makes its way to the game soon. They mentioned this as a game pack idea in an old survey.
    Ocean Cliffs:
    High cliffs and serene seas surround a vibrant Mediterranean island port. Charter a fishing boat, dive for pearls, or relax at a picturesque nude beach.

The concept art is basically a replica of Cinque Terre, which has a nude beach. It fits the game pack description perfectly.

tumblr_my98jcWzVu1sh6xelo2_1280.jpg
    JlKZVLW.jpg

That looks gorgeous
    Unfortunately even if this is replicated in The Sims 4 those building will be far from each other and not that close.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if the first concept art makes its way to the game soon. They mentioned this as a game pack idea in an old survey.
    Ocean Cliffs:
    High cliffs and serene seas surround a vibrant Mediterranean island port. Charter a fishing boat, dive for pearls, or relax at a picturesque nude beach.

The concept art is basically a replica of Cinque Terre, which has a nude beach. It fits the game pack description perfectly.

JlKZVLW.jpg

That looks gorgeous
    Unfortunately even if this is replicated in The Sims 4 those building will be far from each other and not that close.

OR this pic is just going to be a backdrop!:( *cries and misses the open world of TS3*
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @elelunicy

Good catch! That is an exact replica of it, just curious how did you catch that? Do you happen to just know the area or something? Lol either way it's impressive the catch
    The little town is called Vernazza by the way. And I think it was never meant to put into the game this way, because it clearly is a copy of the town. They never do that, the worlds they create are always inspired by real places and spots in this world, but never a copy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @elelunicy

Good catch! That is an exact replica of it, just curious how did you catch that? Do you happen to just know the area or something? Lol either way it's impressive the catch
    The little town is called Vernazza by the way. And I think it was never meant to put into the game this way, because it clearly is a copy of the town. They never do that, the worlds they create are always inspired by real places and spots in this world, but never a copy.

Thanks for that info! I will now google Vernazza. :)
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited October 2015
    They decided to do sims social instead, and then after that fail went to recycle instead of respending money.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    According to the first released concept pictures they said that was the Italian Riviera. The ones with the boats and such in it. It supposed to be part of the back drops planned for one of the worlds - but have no idea what one - probably a future one. The other picture (the one with the fairy lights) is in the game already as a backdrop. Too bad it is just a backdrop. Makes me want to go there. It looks so much better than the real Sims 4 world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TrishyyFishyyTrishyyFishyy Posts: 85 Member
    wow that's so pretty! but didn't everyone think that game was gonna be an open world like sims 3? maybe they decided to change their mind.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

if someone could created this world sims 3 style..i would play it in a heart beat..its just so pretty.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

if someone could created this world sims 3 style..i would play it in a heart beat..its just so pretty.

That's a great idea! I'd love to see someone take the Sims 4 worlds (concepts and released worlds) and make them in the Sims 3. It would be really fun to explore those worlds in an open world. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    KaattrrinneeKaattrrinnee Posts: 101 Member
    I've always thought that Sims 4 looks nice, but those concept arts though! Woah, omg so beautiful! Love them. If only they could make the concept arts available as desktop backgrounds.. I know I would download them and use them as backgrounds. So pretty.. so very pretty.. :blush:
  • Options
    TrishyyFishyyTrishyyFishyy Posts: 85 Member
    > @BrittanyChick22 said:
    > if someone could created this world sims 3 style..i would play it in a heart beat..its just so pretty.

the file size of that alone would probably break my game xD
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    *surreptitiously slides the pictures into @Rflong7 's mailbox...*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

That's a great idea! I'd love to see someone take the Sims 4 worlds (concepts and released worlds) and make them in the Sims 3. It would be really fun to explore those worlds in an open world. :)

yep i agree. Notice how those houses seem to be going upward on a hill? Sense sims 3 has terrain
    > @BrittanyChick22 said:
    > if someone could created this world sims 3 style..i would play it in a heart beat..its just so pretty.

the file size of that alone would probably break my game xD

mines too lol I don't have the best graphics card right now.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Today's games are replicating real life building structures in the game
    See what Assassin's Creed Unity developers made here. These companies are ready to spend enough on their AAA games unlike EA which is treating the best selling PC game like a Z grade game
    assassins-creed-tour-2014-10-05-01.jpg

Even the first Assassin's Creed game which was released in 2007 has better town structure that looks more populated and the lots are not looking isolated like in the sims.

14jksr64.jpg

I guess we are never going to see worlds that are crowded with buildings.

Well... I think we have it, look at this

MTS_Nilxis-1524202-nit.jpg

(Barcelona by @Nilxis)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

yep i agree. Notice how those houses seem to be going upward on a hill? Sense sims 3 has terrain

Sims 4 has terrain, just not as a building tool. Wouldn't mind having it in both games though :) although it'd probably look best with Sims 4 graphics
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

Have a look on this one, its awesome

Screenshot-315.png

portada.png
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

Screenshot-315.png

portada.png

Those are lovely!
  • Options
    junceda wrote: »
    Ocean Cliffs:

JlKZVLW.jpg

Screenshot-315.png

portada.png

I actually downloaded this world once before, I just never got around to playing it for some reason..its super pretty.
    giphy.gif