Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww I'm so pleased @bekkasan *big cuddles* I hope they get it all sorted as soon as possible :)
    That is the cutest picture! <3
  • Options
    abidoang wrote: »
    I hope that family tree will return in the upcoming patches. I would love to see the generations that I had played since the first sims I had made

Family tree is there, it just doesn't work with culling right now :(
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @echowever thanks for making the post. Some of those hairs are just adorable on the young ones. I've bookmarked it and while visiting with hubby today I will start the download process if that daggum hospital internet works. :)

Good news, we have a rehab and all the md's just have to sign off that he is ready to go (he is more than ready) so cross fingers, and hope he will go in next few days, today even would be awesome!!

Wow. I haven't been tracking this. I'm glad to hear he's going home.

I'm glad you can make use of that hair :smile:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Pic for the day

Doggy kisses

18582641780_e30a7e6f18_z.jpg

@rflong7 do you recognize the carpet?

Under the Christmas tree! So cute!
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    Beautifully put @fleshapple think you'll find a lot of Simmers feel very much as you do.
  • Options
    @fleshapple what a wonderful post <3 customers like you absolutely prove that the assertion from Peter Moore COO at EA that sims players aren't intelligent enough to know their own minds and the difference between expansion content and the core of the game within the base is totally and utterly unfounded.

Actually I would like to venture that if he was in a room with some of us and heard our feedback with an open mind that he would learn that sims fans are amongst the most intelligent, articulate and create gamers that I believe EA have access to. That should be embraced by EA and used to drive further success, not overlooked and squandered by them.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @fleshapple wonderful post!! I agree so much with what you said, especially the emotions. I want the emotions to be from the sims and their lives, not from the painting or vase on the wall. I had so much hope for the Sims 4 that it would be better than Sims3 regarding the glitches and errors and memory leaks and play...but it is not. I do need to find out about that ram cleaner you mentioned. Never heard of that in all my exploration of things to help play the game. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    Anyone seen the new stuff pack? I LOVE IT. Halloween is my favorite, and the new decor and costumes will go amazing in one of my current stories. I'm so excited. I need to plan for all the stuff. :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Anyone seen the new stuff pack? I LOVE IT. Halloween is my favorite, and the new decor and costumes will go amazing in one of my current stories. I'm so excited. I need to plan for all the stuff. :)

Sorry. I just can't join your enthusiasm.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Echowever: I´m a Sims 4 player and still like to come here.

@KillerSynth: I´m glad you like the Halloween stuff pack. I won´t buy any more content until toddlers are announced and I´m not into Halloween that much but the stuff pack seems nicely done.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Thank you! I hope we do get toddlers one day, pre-teens would be nice too ;) I would love to see them in costumes one day.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

Its nice to see your excited :smiley: and when you get it some pics would be nice.....
    Its personally not my cup of tea without seasons, and at my current disappointment ive put myself on a ban ;) all my money is going to DA dlc. But it would be lovely to see how your sims are enjoying the stuff.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    clover24 wrote: »

Its nice to see your excited :smiley: and when you get it some pics would be nice.....
    Its personally not my cup of tea without seasons, and at my current disappointment ive put myself on a ban ;) all my money is going to DA dlc. But it would be lovely to see how your sims are enjoying the stuff.

Thanks! I'll try to get some pictures up. Been busy playing. :) I agree it would go better with seasons but since I enjoy Halloween so much it's a must have for me. Hope you can share some pictures of your sims with me, i enjoy your stories.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I agree. I don't see where anyone has been unwelcoming or hostile to Sims 4 players. @sparkfairy1 has put in a lot of effort to make this thread welcome and friendly to all family play fans, and the usual participants in the thread have been respectful to all.

So, the new stuff pack. I'm sad because I love Halloween, it's one of my favorite holidays. I love the family activities involved with this season, and I play that out both in Sims 2, and in greater degree (thanks to Seasons) in Sims 3. I'm sad because it seems like it's just another party in an already party-heavy game. The logical person in my says, well it's a stuff pack so you can't expect much for $10. But then again, I'd like some stuff to do that is other than partying. And having it involve one of my favorite holidays makes me feel yet again like I'm left out of the fun. Though I don't know why it bugs me so much because it's just not fun to me. Ugh, so frustrated.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    I'm still a (very occasional) Sims 4 player and I've been made to feel nothing but welcome on this thread, on the two previous occasions I've posted. I spend most of my time building and I'm fairly sure this iteration is sinking. This Spooky pack and the next EP look like the last cash-grabs before the plug is pulled. ANOTHER type of party! Well I signed the pledge, it won't be hard to stick to. :s
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »

Thanks! I'll try to get some pictures up. Been busy playing. :) I agree it would go better with seasons but since I enjoy Halloween so much it's a must have for me. Hope you can share some pictures of your sims with me, i enjoy your stories.

Ahh thanks :smiley: I shall hopefully play again soon but my little girl has had a few restless nights so im having a break to catch up on some sleep as im knackered. But when i do play i will post some more.
  • Options
    Sorry for double post but just wanna quote.....
    I agree. I don't see where anyone has been unwelcoming or hostile to Sims 4 players. @sparkfairy1 has put in a lot of effort to make this thread welcome and friendly to all family play fans, and the usual participants in the thread have been respectful to all.

I agree i have on occassions put up s4 pics, mainly when i first joined the thread and i was welcome, though my s4 pics were more experimenting with play styles etc. And I love @marcellala ugly to pretty pics, though sadly i havent seen any resently :cry: and i loved @Gruffman pics.
    Everyone here does well to support each other no matter the game, i personally love the diversity of games in this thread.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I miss @Gruffman and wish we knew how he is.

I checked out the Spooky pack. I love holidays and all the stuff associated with them. I fill my houses with all the junk in RL and in game. I love the candy thing with the hand in it. We have something like that in RL and it smacks at ya when you try to get candy and plays spooky music. Great diet aid. :) Anyways, not buying it since I don't own the game, but, would be tempted if I wasn't boycotting.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone <3

I'm with you @KevWalker I love Halloween. But four times in that advert they mentioned parties and it just annoyed me so much. It's like there isn't anything else in life but parties which of course isn't true. Give me a solid base and I'll add, but I'm not into a party simulator and that's what this seems like so far.
  • Options
    I find halloween meh! I was always made to have a halloweem birthday party as a kid because mum loves the holiday. Now im older i always go through the motions more so now that i have a daughter so she can enjoy it.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Im back, I see I have missed a few messages on here and I took a break from The Sims today only to come home and watch the Spooky Stuff trailer, and needless to say I am not impressed

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm just sad that they're making people shell out money for holiday content when it was free last year. And a full $10 at that.
    Yeah, you're getting interactive items, but I still don't see carved pumpkins (that, of course, cause moodlets because EVERYTHING MUST AFFECT YOUR MOOD) and candy bowls as worth that amount of money. It's been pre-established that you can always go online to find hair and outfits that you may want because there are tens of hundreds of people all over the globe constantly modding things. Plus, I was really irritated seeing the ghosts wandering around wearing pumpkins on their heads because ghosts are culled SO OFTEN, there won't be enough ghosts to actually cause that to happen unless you use mods.

I enjoy festive things being for free. I don't quite know why, but it's like a sign of good will. And, if rumors are true, there's another stuff pack already on the way with...modern stuff. Because whyyyy not. Huh? Family-themed stuff? HA, NO. Wouldn't it have been nice if children had been given more to do with this pack? Go trick-or-treating WITHOUT load screens! Play in some leaves! Shove candy into your little child face, get really hyper, then get really sick! Go to school in costume because it's a Halloween party at school (though I don't know how this would be implemented in hindsight; the holiday/seasons system from TS3 doesn't exist anymore...)!

I'm not disappointed because I had a strong feeling this wasn't going to be free. I knew.
    No, I'm just kind of...saddened. If you're excited about this pack, good on you! Be excited! But I'm not.

EDIT: I mis-saw something! D:
    Post edited by mizuru007 on
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited September 2015
    New Halloween stuff pack doesn't move me too much. I really like holiday themed content (even if down-under in Australia Halloween is a bit of a non-event), but they are the kinds of things that I would class as icing and decorations on the top of your well-established, balanced and well-rounded cake.
    I do not consider the Sims 4 as ready to have that kind of "fluff" added to the game - even though it is fun, and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy it, and I'm sure lots of wonderful players are excited! - I would much rather see some more basic-type things come first (Ahem, cars maybe?)
    For example, I think a Halloween stuff pack would be a really fun release after Seasons have been added to the game. Those big key ingredients to the cake are then complimented by the fun $10 add-ons.

In other news, I have finally started to play The Sims again after a break of about 3 months :) I just got too depressed by everything to play for a while, but now I am back in TS3 and having a fun time :)

I grabbed some custom facial sliders to try and get some different looking sims to the others I have had (over the 4 years I've been playing this game!) and also some custom careers to try out and add freshness to the game. My sims just had their first baby boy, so back to raising him today!

Edited for clarity.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top