Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer monogamy or serial cheating when you play your Sims?

Comments

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    It depends on the sim and what point they are at in the story I have for them.

I have to admit, I really love my reformed unfaithful sims. I have a few that acted wild and crazy in their younger years and changed their ways when they got older or meet the right sim to settle down with.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    "Monogamy isn't realistic"

This.

My sims all cheat, even when I don't play them to make them cheat, they cheat. There's those few exceptions but mostly they're all filthy cheaters and I love it
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    With the sure amount of people answering Monogamy, maybe EA should take note and incorporate that better into their "relationship" programming. The Sims have always seemed so promiscuous which is fine, but not when they are in a healthy relationship. I've always found it frustrating how easy it is to pickup married Sims or for them to be led astray - even my own Sims.

It would be nice to see emotions play a bigger part in this sense too.

That's one reason why I'd like to see a Faithful purchasable trait that I think I mentioned earlier in the thread. It seems like a lot of players prefer their Sims to be monogamous once they're in a committed relationship, so a Faithful trait would be good for those players while still allowing those players who prefer the added drama of cheating to have that in their games. Actually, a Faithful trait could produce even more drama if one partner had it and the other didn't. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    While I prefer playing monogamous sims, in the Sims 3, I occasionally had a sim branded a cheater because at a club or party someone would dare them to kiss someone else and you could NOT click that away and a kiss was cheating. Worst one was when a guy was at a club with his wife, someone dared him to kiss someone else, then the someone else got ALL mad because the guy was at the club with his wife so was cheating on her.

Hahaha, Sims 3 did have some issues at times.

But I do prefer playing monogamous sims. The only time I played one that impregnated everyone was when I was doing the 15 baby challenge. He got 15 she-sims pregnant in 2 days, and it didn't take long for them to get to teens. Good thing for that Sim that there was no child support.

I played a baby daddy Sim in Sims 4 -- he had about 13 kids by 10 different moms (there were a couple sets of twins mixed in), then I got bored with him plus his kids couldn't find anyone to date they weren't already related to when they got to teens so I deleted that save. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SilverChanSilverChan Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2015
    It depends. I usually prefer my Sims to be monogamous once they're married, but sometimes it's fun to have a flirty Sim who wants to kiss (or something more) every Sim they meet. It would be nice if we had the option to keep our Sims faithful, though--like a lifetime reward or w/e that we can buy at some point along the way. I just recently had a nasty breakup (in Sims 3) because my guy-Sim was still in love with his high school gf and the wife found out. I'm a bit upset about that because I wanted to keep them married, and she decided to break up after finding out.

...though now that I think of it, it could be all kinds of fun to try doing a challenge later where one of my Sim is promiscuous and I have to keep the SO from finding out. I may just do that.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    My sims are like real life persons. some are mono and some are not.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    Though I play mostly mono if the game makes them lovebirds with someone else when I change households I'll let them continue with that relationship but this is mostly the EA Premade Townies like Eliza Pancakes. With Sims I play that I've made for each other I won't change households just so they won't cheat. I really wish EA would fix that so that only flirty and romantic ones might do it when switching households.

Hopefully if we get a real storyprogressing in the future this can be fixed.

Also on the rare time I do make my married sims cheat I might let them have a steady boy/girlfriend on the side. Eg the wife is commited to both her husband and boyfriend but neither finds out about the other.

• Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I usually play monogamously, but recently I decided to switch things up because I was getting bored with TS4 and i started
    a game with a serial romantic guy, and i have to say, it has been kind of entertaining. Everywhere he goes there is a girl
    who hates him and will walk up to him to tell him off! I kinda feel bad that I think it is so funny! He recently got a townie
    pregnant and she ended up having triplets! I was pretty surprised when I made him show up at her house to see if it was a boy
    or girl, and saw 3 cribs!
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2015
    Generally I have monogamous sims but occasionally they do have affairs... Depends on the sim and what I'm doing at the time :p .
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    In this game the sims never stay monogamous... The random love relationship thing that the game does makes all my sims cheaters.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Playing more than one household causes serial cheating in my game. It's very annoying coming from one household where I have fine tuned everything, only to go to the next one that is a mess because of the poorly designed gameplay mechanics. They really push romance, and drama in The Sims 4. It's unavoidable!

Never in The Sims has the game played for me, and I would really appreciate if the developers could at least make a game that doesn't play itself in the background. I don't make every household of mine into some kind of scandal, if that is how you developers play your game more power to you, but if you want to continue calling this a sandbox game then you should probably make it one.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    It's 50/50 for me. I like playing monogamous but if something happens it happens and more often then not it's more fun for me that way ;)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    I used to make my sims cheat 24/7, but now I only make them do it if they autonomously pursue it because it makes the story more interesting. Put your sims on autonomous and you'll see they're sneaky little things.
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    Truthfully both most of my CAS sims are monogamy but the premade except for the Goths and sometimes Landgraabs they are cheaters sometimes its not my doing I'm like "thier trifling."
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    nateslice wrote: »
    It depends on the particular sims for me. Some cheat, and some remain faithful.

One of my greatest joys in Sims 3 was to have my single sim hook up with someone who was oh-so-wrong for him/her, before eventually finding someone better. I'm finding that harder to do in Sims 4.

Me too! I'd just have them with a sim waiting for an upgrade XD. THought that changed with the Seasons attraction system when my sim wouldn't get those hearts for any other sim lol. It was kinda cute as he didn't want to flirt with other sims either :3
  • Options
    DailyAyaaaanDailyAyaaaan Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2015
    It always starts with monogamy, but i've noticed a strange pattern, where for some reason i keep ending up with at least one cheater, a stranger in my house and a broken toilet..
    Hello, my name is Ayan ♥
    I'm known for making sims in the gallery ♥
    My Sims Catalog: DailyAyaaaan
    My Showcase: DailyAyaaaan's Showcase

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    woohoo is natural and feels good. just do it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If my sims care to continue existing in my game they don't cheat. I don't like Sims that cheat and will either change their traits or eradicate them from the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,435 Member
    My sims are always cheating. One reason is that I am curious how my sims' children will look, so I combine my favorite sims with different neighbors and end up with lots of step-children.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Sorry for my daughters but I will cheat myself!

I will make than a male sim have babies with 2 of my daughters
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sims are always cheating. One reason is that I am curious how my sims' children will look, so I combine my favorite sims with different neighbors and end up with lots of step-children.

Well those sims would be history in my game - rather quickly. I am not that curious but I believe in fidelity, loyalty, and respecting the people one loves in real life. I adhere to my vows other wise what is the point of saying vows. That means ones word is not even trustable. If someone cannot be faithful, then they have no business getting married. My game reflects my opinion as do all my friends in real life. I will also drop cheating friends like a hot potato in real life - I am talking about married people and not unmarried though. Playing the field when one is unmarried is natural until one finds their true mate - but I feel one should not still be looking once they tied the knot, said the vow, and signed on the dotted line.

If the marriage goes bad then and only then do I think it is okay to resume the hunt for ones proper mate. Most of the time I blame a break up on people settling for the wrong mate to start with when they should have still been looking for what ever reason. LOL. But no, I defintely would not use children as experiments so lightly like that in that manner. In real life that could seriously make a kid feel worthless if you think about it. How would you feel if you were one of those experimental kids? I could never do that.

I do get it maybe just something you do in your game - I just play my game much like the principles I set in real life and I understand that not everyone is like that - as it is just a game - but I guess i take it seriously. I also would never kill anything in real life and do not kill sims either - so I get people do play the game much differently then they are in real life. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    i guess my play style reflects me in that i only ever play monogamy.. i've never ever cheated in the sims... ever
    i've been playing since 2, i feel like im missing out
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    In TS2/4, I've never really made a "serial cheater" because I couldn't see the direct results of my actions very well, with all of the neighborhoods being in their own separate bubbles. But in TS3, I had a lot of fun doing it every once in a while because Sims could catch the two cheaters and end up getting that information back to significant others through gossiping. It was the absolute best part of the Desperate Housewives cul-de-sac that I had for a while waaay back when. ;D
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Typically my sims don't ever date or marry because I, personally, am very much a loner. XD Having another person around is just not my cup of tea, and so it goes with my sims. However, that's not so say I have any objections to a happy couple!

Personally, I find cheating to be a lot more funny in Sims, particularly with how badly the POWER of the Player trait can be abused. I'd say it depends on my mood at the time. If I'm playing a serious couple, there will be total romantic devotion. If I'm playing a Player-Trait sim, they will woohoo with anybody!
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea