Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer monogamy or serial cheating when you play your Sims?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    It keeps the game interesting. Nothing's more fun than having a party and watching relationships blow up due to exposed affairs and the entire neighborhood watching the hot mess unfold
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    My sims are always cheating. One reason is that I am curious how my sims' children will look, so I combine my favorite sims with different neighbors and end up with lots of step-children.

Well those sims would be history in my game - rather quickly. I am not that curious but I believe in fidelity, loyalty, and respecting the people one loves in real life. I adhere to my vows other wise what is the point of saying vows. That means ones word is not even trustable. If someone cannot be faithful, then they have no business getting married. My game reflects my opinion as do all my friends in real life. I will also drop cheating friends like a hot potato in real life - I am talking about married people and not unmarried though. Playing the field when one is unmarried is natural until one finds their true mate - but I feel one should not still be looking once they tied the knot, said the vow, and signed on the dotted line.

If the marriage goes bad then and only then do I think it is okay to resume the hunt for ones proper mate. Most of the time I blame a break up on people settling for the wrong mate to start with when they should have still been looking for what ever reason. LOL. But no, I defintely would not use children as experiments so lightly like that in that manner. In real life that could seriously make a kid feel worthless if you think about it. How would you feel if you were one of those experimental kids? I could never do that.

I do get it maybe just something you do in your game - I just play my game much like the principles I set in real life and I understand that not everyone is like that - as it is just a game - but I guess i take it seriously. I also would never kill anything in real life and do not kill sims either - so I get people do play the game much differently then they are in real life. LOL.

In real life I am also no cheater. But the fun of the Sims is that you can do EVERYTHING. You can be gay, straight, a witch, a simbot, a Japanese housewife with 3 lovers. If I want my real life I live my real life ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    My sims are always cheating. One reason is that I am curious how my sims' children will look, so I combine my favorite sims with different neighbors and end up with lots of step-children.

Well those sims would be history in my game - rather quickly. I am not that curious but I believe in fidelity, loyalty, and respecting the people one loves in real life. I adhere to my vows other wise what is the point of saying vows. That means ones word is not even trustable. If someone cannot be faithful, then they have no business getting married. My game reflects my opinion as do all my friends in real life. I will also drop cheating friends like a hot potato in real life - I am talking about married people and not unmarried though. Playing the field when one is unmarried is natural until one finds their true mate - but I feel one should not still be looking once they tied the knot, said the vow, and signed on the dotted line.

If the marriage goes bad then and only then do I think it is okay to resume the hunt for ones proper mate. Most of the time I blame a break up on people settling for the wrong mate to start with when they should have still been looking for what ever reason. LOL. But no, I defintely would not use children as experiments so lightly like that in that manner. In real life that could seriously make a kid feel worthless if you think about it. How would you feel if you were one of those experimental kids? I could never do that.

I do get it maybe just something you do in your game - I just play my game much like the principles I set in real life and I understand that not everyone is like that - as it is just a game - but I guess i take it seriously. I also would never kill anything in real life and do not kill sims either - so I get people do play the game much differently then they are in real life. LOL.

In real life I am also no cheater. But the fun of the Sims is that you can do EVERYTHING. You can be gay, straight, a witch, a simbot, a Japanese housewife with 3 lovers. If I want my real life I live my real life ;)

I am glad you have that option - believe me having had that option for most of my life you develop a much different outlook when you can no long actually live your real life. You enjoy it through games if you plan to at least keep your sanity. You are not the first and I am sure not the last to basically say "get a life" and believe me, I wish with my whole heart and soul I could. But I do try my hardest and live real life as best I can, the rest of it I live through my sims. In the game I am just like I used to be - well until Sims 4 anyway. Maxis took that away from me.

But no worries. I get it, I do. I should just keep it in my head this is after all just a game. You are right. I do play my simself and those of my familiy as each of us and how we are in real life - then I play the other sims as how I want them to be - such as gay or straight or witches or fairies - but I never play myself as them just my own sim self as me like I was and not as I am now. I do not play me as I am now in any form - it is not fun then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I am glad you have that option - believe me having had that option for most of my life you develop a much different outlook when you can no long actually live your real life. You enjoy it through games if you plan to at least keep your sanity. You are not the first and I am sure not the last to basically say "get a life" and believe me, I wish with my whole heart and soul I could. But I do try my hardest and live real life as best I can, the rest of it I live through my sims. In the game I am just like I used to be - well until Sims 4 anyway. Maxis took that away from me.

But no worries. I get it, I do. I should just keep it in my head this is after all just a game. You are right.

I apologize, I dont know anything about you and I would never dare to tell you to get a life or how you should play your game.

I think the common thing among us simmers is that we all play this game as a substitute for certain shortcomings, fears, loneliness, diseases or unreachable dreams in our lives. Thats what makes the Sims so valuable and much more important than any other game.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Monogamy. Always.

Almost always. I did experiment in TS4 to see how reactions and emotions would work if I made my female sim cheat on her hubby. It took all day of blatant making out in front of him including woohoo but eventually he did get sad. In a strange way, because he kept trying to have a friendly convo with his wife's short-term lover. But nonetheless, he did get sad.

And I shall have no long-handled garden utensils in my game so I promptly drowned her. Then her ghost kept leaving annoying puddles on the lawn so I just got rid of her altogether.

So monogamy.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015

But no worries. I get it, I do. I should just keep it in my head this is after all just a game. You are right.

I apologize, I dont know anything about you and I would never dare to tell you to get a life or how you should play your game.

I think the common thing among us simmers is that we all play this game as a substitute for certain shortcomings, fears, loneliness, diseases or unreachable dreams in our lives. Thats what makes the Sims so valuable and much more important than any other game.

Oh I so agree - and no reason to apologize, but thank you. I do appreciate it. But yes - I just wish for a little bit the devs could see why the Sims has been the success it has been and maybe then they would understand why Simmers are well documented to be the most passionate gamers out there. IT IS way more than just another game and all the more reason they need to address the issue with showing their sims pride in developing the game that has always moved the community to continue to love it like no other game. I saw time I struggled to buy an ep or sp because I have a lot of high medical costs - but the game was that important to me. I have been lucky I have tons of great simming friends and lots of Sim playing family in real life and often many of the above would make the decision easier for me - I was gifted a lot in Sims 3. But i took the game serious enough to actually weigh needed medication against new wonderful content.

It is another reason with Sims 4 being as it is - it is not even a question even though this year I do now get more help from different organizations with my huge medical costs, I've even gotten a full line of therapy equipment, air purifiers and such in my home now & one of my medications that usually cost $320 a month I get just for shipping cost from the manufacturer, I have gotten my insurance deductions and co-pays all now covered and more - ironically the Sims is not putting out stuff I can associate with - so I actually could spend a little with out worrying - and now I don't want to.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Both options for me... It depends on my mood to be honest and I like to add a twist to my sims stories:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    It's hard to get involved with married sims in TS4 even if they are love birds with another sim and you play that other sim and try to get them to boy/girlfriend level they often get rejected when trying to do romantic interactions with the married sim.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I no longer switch households to keep my monogomous sims faithful. EA really needs to add story progression to fix this issue.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    It's hard to get involved with married sims in TS4 even if they are love birds with another sim and you play that other sim and try to get them to boy/girlfriend level they often get rejected when trying to do romantic interactions with the married sim.

Actually, no; it's quite easy to destroy that bond. Usually, it requires building some sort of friendship beforehand, become more playful and funny, tell "Flirtatious Jokes" to the target of your interest and watch as that relationship bar fills quicker than ever when they immediately go to "Flirty" after the first joke. Afterwards, it's only a matter of time before that monumental commitment is tossed aside quicker than their lightweight wedding ring.
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    With the Spa pack my Sim has become a diligently celibate monk. There is a 3rd option. :)
  • Options
    teciatecia Posts: 164 Member
    Monogamy is usually the path that I go down but from time to time if the game is getting boring and repetitive I'll add cheating in the storyline to create some drama. I'll also make a sim cheat if they're annoying me and I want to move them out without having to go to manage worlds then household management.
    Hey Guys. My name is Couture Simmer and I have a Youtube channel with Sims 4 Speedbuilds, CAS Videos/Lookbook Fashion Shows and Lets Play Videos. I created the Sims 4 Hidden Princess Challenge which can be found on my youtube channel here

Origin ID: CoutureSimmer
    Simblr
    Twitter
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Thinking better, a man with 2 girlfriends
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    I always try to be monogamous but sometimes I fail. Its not my sims who have a problem, its me. I'm the unfaithful one at heart :(
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mostly monogamy. But every now and then I want to spice things up a little bit. ;)