Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So mad...sim died..help

My sim guy proposed to his GF and she said no and he died of embarrassment! I am so mad! Anyway i can bring him back from the dead?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Same thing happened to me. Did you try to plead for his life?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    There was no option for that. I wish we could play them as ghost.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    Do you want to do it with or without cheats?
    You could use ambrosia to get him back without cheating:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gourmetcooking/ambrosia.php
    You need his ghost to eat it. You could also make him a playable ghost.
  • Options
    > @marcellala said:
    >
    How do i make him a playable gosht?
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Lol sorry but this is too funny. Anyway, to make him a playable ghost you must first put his tombstone/urn in your lot. Wait for about 3 sim days for his ghost to appear at night. If other active sim has a high enough friendship bar you should be able to ask him to move in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    @S100Headache - I always just thought it was a silly play on words, of the expression "i just died of embarrassment!"
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Lol sorry but this is too funny. Anyway, to make him a playable ghost you must first put his tombstone/urn in your lot. Wait for about 3 sim days for his ghost to appear at night. If other active sim has a high enough friendship bar you should be able to ask him to move in.

You don't have to wait for the ghost to appear anymore. You can just summon the ghost. At least, i can do it, but that might be because of a script mod, i'm not sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    S100Headache - I always just thought it was a silly play on words, of the expression "i just died of embarrassment!"
    It did start as that, but most embarrassment deaths seem to be from rejected proposals, not from soiled pants and privacy invasions.

I triggered one by letting my sim pee herself and than walk in on someone's privacy. I also had this kind of death happen a lot in a save where i left 8 sims to fend on their own.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    The embarrassment death happens way too easy.

And it's kinda sad, too. They don't want to die, but they can't take it, either.

Honestly they should just pass out or something.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    Gallery has community lots that sell ambrosia if you have get to work.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    My sim guy proposed to his GF and she said no and he died of embarrassment! I am so mad! Anyway i can bring him back from the dead?

I'm sorry but that is hilarious!
  • Options
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    The embarrassment death happens way too easy.

And it's kinda sad, too. They don't want to die, but they can't take it, either.

Honestly they should just pass out or something.
    Exactly, the emotion failure states should not be death. It just punishes the player.

While Enraged, being offended or provoked further should carry the risk of going completely berserk and destroying objects or beating up other Sims.
    While Mortified, social failures and embarrassing situations should carry the risk of making you pass out from the shame.
    While Hysterical, experiencing more humor should carry the risk of losing bladder control.

(The "passing out" animation needs to be replaced, too. The "dozing off while standing up and then landing with your bottom in the air" is funny the first time, but lame and unrealistic. Passing out backwards was better.)
    I think its funny and you can calm the sim down before they actually die.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Loved your title, loved your post, thanks for the laugh :joy:

Unfortunately, I think the only way to bring your sim back is to go back to your last save point. Hopefully your sim proposed on a community lot...?!
  • Options
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    wow just go back to a previous save
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Quit without saving, (always depend on your own saves and not autosave) reload last save. No need to even turn off game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > S100Headache wrote: »
    >
    > Hagfisher wrote: »
    >
    > The embarrassment death happens way too easy.
    >
    > And it's kinda sad, too. They don't want to die, but they can't take it, either.
    >
    > Honestly they should just pass out or something.
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly, the emotion failure states should not be death. It just punishes the player.
    >
    > While Enraged, being offended or provoked further should carry the risk of going completely berserk and destroying objects or beating up other Sims.
    > While Mortified, social failures and embarrassing situations should carry the risk of making you pass out from the shame.
    > While Hysterical, experiencing more humor should carry the risk of losing bladder control.
    >
    > (The "passing out" animation needs to be replaced, too. The "dozing off while standing up and then landing with your bottom in the air" is funny the first time, but lame and unrealistic. Passing out backwards was better.)
    >
    >
    >
    > I think its funny and you can calm the sim down before they actually die.

No i couldn't. He proposed she said no then he died right away.
  • Options
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Quit without saving, (always depend on your own saves and not autosave) reload last save. No need to even turn off game.

I was going to but i didn't save for awhile and so much happened in the games before. I didn't want to loose everything I did. I should have saved every once in awhile but I forgot. Oh well. She married someone else.
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member

This happened to me a few days ago with the sim that is pictured in my avatar! I was so angry! She was my favorite sim to play and I just wanted her to have someone to love. I didn't even have time to get her un-embarrassed she just died on the spot. I was so angry!

Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    The death from embarrassment is not funny! It's pretty much the Sim killing themselves, by willing themselves dead, to save face.

Who at EA / Maxis thought that Sims killing themselves over a rejected proposal was funny?

The same people who though abduction and forced pregnancy is a good idea.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Are you all really being serious? No wonder this game could almost be rated E.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright