Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zagadoo button instead of Disagree button on the forums!

Comments

• Options
    ShiroYoruShiroYoru Posts: 182 Member
    I didn't even realize of such icon. The again I am not much of a poster. So that's interesting to say to someone well I don't zagadoo. And then they would respond gesundheit. <.<
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    It does sound a lot let harsh but still prefered disagree as I dont see disagree as a bad word. Just an opinion its cool tho.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    As far as I know this is not even a word. I have tried looking for the definition and there seems to be non. What is wrong with EA, they must be on something, they are acting weird. I can't believe that grown men would sit around a board table and say hey! I got it lets use the word Zagadoo, must be something in their coffee.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    It's Simlish for disagree.
  • Options
    MarinabellvertMarinabellvert Posts: 97 Member
    Just imagine when they decided how they should announce a new expansion or stuff pack, remember the Get to Work: Still Life video xD
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    This again? It's a mess, no one cares about Zagadoo. They were just trying to be funny, yet they flopped again, as expected.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well.. it is the sims team and it's logical they would change the word to something less "harsh" so they translated it into simlish, which is a nice touch to me actually.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't think its even an official simlish words or part of the simlish language. I can't find it anywere except on these forums..not even the simlish dictionary.. yeah i looked that far lol
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I doubt EA has anything to do with it. It's a call the mods here made.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I'm sure the forum mods were just trying to add some fun buttons since people were saying they would prefer more buttons. I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. It isn't difficult to add a button. It wasn't horribly time consuming. It's the forum moderators, not EA or the development team. Relax.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I just assumed it was simlish for "disagree" what with the expression of the little icon next to it and the fact it's in the exact same place the old "disagree" button used to be.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't think its even an official simlish words or part of the simlish language. I can't find it anywere except on these forums..not even the simlish dictionary.. yeah i looked that far lol

Pretty sure if the company that makes Simlish says it's a Simlish word, it is one. We have only fragments of official Simlish translations from Maxis; most of the "dictionaries" you'll find on the internet are fan-made, and none are recent.

I think it would be awesome, though, if Maxis put together a complete dictionary for us of all the Simlish that's been used so far.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    All I know is I've had this song stuck in my head since they added it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1UWSD-FaA

*sigh*
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I guess for the next few millennia we will be explaining the word to new members since it doesn't make sense with the other worlds still being in english.

I saw on activity people getting in trouble for speaking French on the 'english' forum so why can we speak simlish on the 'english' forum? Seems like a rule is a rule and should be consistent. Maybe? Maybe there are other rules that can be broke then? I guess it just depends on who is speaking it and who is breaking the rules.

I would like to make a write in vote for 'bummer' button!!
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Ok so its been a while since ive been on and noticed a few changes.

What is Zagadoo , is it a dislike button or summat ?
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    It's kind of like the "disagree" button, but simlish. There are threads about it over in the off-topic section.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    This is exactly why calling "disagree" "zagadoo" was a bad idea. This is not the first thread asking what it means and i expect a lot more of them in the future @SimGuruDrake .

ETA: Thread was merged.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    LadyLindsay26LadyLindsay26 Posts: 151 Member
    I like how they call it that, it goe's with the theme of the game.
  • Options
    I like how they call it that, it goe's with the theme of the game.

Has this anything to do with new members (or old that haven't been around) getting confused what it means?! I didn't want to start a discussion about if it "sounds" good or not.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    it's simlish and kind of funny, so i'm pretty okay with "zagadoo." and, playful fun is kind of a rarity nowadays with this franchise.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    My first instinct was to search when I first saw it. Came up with with lots of results.
  • Options
    LadyLindsay26LadyLindsay26 Posts: 151 Member
    > @marcellala said:
    > LadyLindsay26 wrote: »
    >
    > I like how they call it that, it goe's with the theme of the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has this anything to do with new members (or old that haven't been around) getting confused what it means?! I didn't want to start a discussion about if it "sounds" good or not.

I'm not sure what you mean. I was just saying that I like it sorry.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    > @marcellala said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has this anything to do with new members (or old that haven't been around) getting confused what it means?! I didn't want to start a discussion about if it "sounds" good or not.

I like it also. Seems more simlish. :)
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    It's a sims way to disagree.
  • Options
    > @marcellala said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It's ok. We already have a lot of threads discussing if you like the change or not. I prrsonally have nothing against zagadoo, i'm just concerned we will see a lot of people asking "what the heck a zagadoo" is.
    This thread is a perfect example for this and you can't really "zagadoo" with that ;)