Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can pregnant sims die?

As stated in the title, can they die? if so what happens to the baby?

Also, if you have a baby and kill off both parents what happens to the baby?!

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Pregnant sims cannot die. If all adults in a household die and leave a baby, the baby will be taken by child services and you will basically be at a "game over" -- create a new family.
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Good idea, guess I'll be experimenting this evening!! :D
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Most of the fun things in my games happen in the name of science! ;)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Omg, please someone try to kill a pregnant sim, I'm so curious now.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    I dont think you can lol
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    BeesteengerBeesteenger Posts: 217 Member
    Pregnant sims cannot die. If all adults in a household die and leave a baby, the baby will be taken by child services and you will basically be at a "game over" -- create a new family.

It is as Jessathemessa states. They cannot die.

• Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    edited August 2015
    Is it bad if I actually want pregnant Sims to be able to die? (In the interest of realism, of course. And storylines.)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Pregnant Sims could die in TS2...I had several opps moments. After 2 they kept toning down death and making it harder.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited August 2015
    Pregnant Sims could die in TS2...I had several opps moments. After 2 they kept toning down death and making it harder.

I remember when my pregnant sim died right after eating something spicy. I was: OMG NO! Then I was laughing and almost crying. I felt it added a lot to the game. I hate how hard it is to get random deaths now. I want more death!! (In the words of my daughter, "Don't judge me!") :D

*Edited to make it clear I was talking about TS2
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I don't believe they can. Why? :P
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Nope. They can't. I always take that time to repair and upgrade electronics, just in case.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    I spent a couple hours trying to kill one for the story I had in my head. Tried everything up to the point of literally shift clicking and setting her and the entire room on fire. Nothing. q.q

I really dislike putting stuff on an immortal pedestal.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I spent a couple hours trying to kill one for the story I had in my head. Tried everything up to the point of literally shift clicking and setting her and the entire room on fire. Nothing. q.q

Unless it's a vampire.
    Wait, are pregnant women vampires now? Is that the new life state?!
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

So do I. It certainly takes away from the possibilities to more varied stories with this generation, especially the response of the potential father (were he a willing one.) It makes me wonder if the immortal tag can be lifted through modifications. It's certainly something I'm willing to look into.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member

I love your crystal plumb bob siggy :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Not even by fire? Will they just be surrounded by flames and say "this is fine", while their family is dying in the background?
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited August 2015
    Not even by fire? Will they just be surrounded by flames and say "this is fine", while their family is dying in the background?

If I remember correctly they simply panic and run like everyone else but don't get touched by it. q.q
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think they die of fire...or are they immune to it?

They're 100% immune to it. I've tried fire, max level emotion (Enraged, Hysterical, Mortified), and starvation to no avail. I don't remember if the "Kill..." cheat menu even showed up or not, but if it did, it didn't work either.
    take0nme wrote: »
    I love your crystal plumb bob siggy :)

Thank you! ^-^
    Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think they die of fire...or are they immune to it?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »

So do I. It certainly takes away from the possibilities to more varied stories with this generation, especially the response of the potential father (were he a willing one.) It makes me wonder if the immortal tag can be lifted through modifications. It's certainly something I'm willing to look into.

If there was a mod to enable death for pregnant Sims, I'd download it right away. Ghosts can appear pregnant with cheats, so I don't see why not.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

OMG this made me laugh so hard for some reason.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

Also, what about drowning? If you wall in the pool will they just teleport out of it?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top