Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Our tech is more limiting than TS3 was."

Comments

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »
    2yzdF15.png

Fascinating! Absolutely fascinating! Straight from the horse's mouth.

and yet, back in the beginning Graham said this:

June 26th, 2014
    One of the really big changes with Sims 4 and something that was an early directive for the game was to put powerful tools in designer's hands so that they could focus on adding content and increasing the depth of the content in the game without needing an engineer to implement or iterate on new functionality and new interactions every time we wanted something. ~ Graham Nardone

It looks like it got more limited after his comment. So either they can't figure out these powerful tools yet or they sold them for money for gumballs.
    i think you don't just proper understood what he wanted to mean.

the power in this new "engineer" is the power to make peoples buy more packs and since have less content they will be able to focus more in deploy more packs and have to worry less in quality, that is the "awesomeness he was talking about...
    how will be awesome steal peoples money with sims 4.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So they finally admitted that TS4 is not the 'strong a powerful' game that they promised it would be then?

I mean surly beards would be a problem, when they were an option even in TS2?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So they finally admitted that TS4 is not the 'strong a powerful' game that they promised it would be then?

They even had a full Santa beard in the Christmas pack that came with all the hair colors in the game.

Also, LOL at this thread being moved to Feedback.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    I love the new system with the hats by the way. I've always hated the way that was handled in Sims 3. Long haired guys who suddenly completely change their haircut when they join the army or the police force for instance :s Or that nice hoot haircut in University that's practically unusable because there are no similar haircuts available when he has to go to bed or take a shower. I must add they didn't get rid of their preference for SILLY hats though, the choice in the basegame leaves me sad.

Why creating a beard however would cause issues related to things being more complicated in the game is beyond me. Design the thing and stick it to their chin I'd think, but apparently there's more to it than that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I wish someone could just explain how this 'limiting engine' thing works... LumiaLoverSims has made some awesome new beards/facial hair... so how is it that the devs can't? I'm not being sarcastic... I just don't get it. Is it a money/time thing? If so why do we keep hearing about the limitations of the technology? I'm confused. :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    > @NZsimm3r said:
    > I wish someone could just explain how this 'limiting engine' thing works... LumiaLoverSims has made some awesome new beards/facial hair... so how is it that the devs can't? I'm not being sarcastic... I just don't get it. Is it a money/time thing? If so why do we keep hearing about the limitations of the technology? I'm confused. :/

It's "too hard and expensive" is what comes to mind. There are a lot of things they have said this game can't do and it seems it can but they are too lazy to do.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

They even had a full Santa beard in the Christmas pack that came with all the hair colors in the game.

Also, LOL at this thread being moved to Feedback.

If they can manage a Santa's beard for Xmas then I am sure that they can find a few others. I am sure there are loads of CC beards?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    This is old. I and another person made a topic about this ages ago. But hey, it's still relevant.

• Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    This is old. I and another person made a topic about this ages ago. But hey, it's still relevant.

It will always be an issue sadly

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2015
    Glad I can go on tumblr and MTS to get all types of facial hair for my sims. Sorry that EA won't be offering any for you. #sarcasm

I still don't get Sarah's statement. On well, whatever.

Edited: auto-correct issues.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's very odd given their promises to keep our preorders of being such a wonderful engine capable of great things. How 'things change' once they have our money :(
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    It's very odd given their promises to keep our preorders of being such a wonderful engine capable of great things. How 'things change' once they have our money :(

I think there is a word for that..... to take money and not give what is promised

Strange though that they do that... it must be bad for business in the long run
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options

Hence why I never throw money at them
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I have theory that the EA people adding content to the game aren't coders at all, that they're using a tool they purchased from some third party, and that's why they're balking at little things and seemingly confused about what's possible at all.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »
    2yzdF15.png

Fascinating! Absolutely fascinating! Straight from the horse's mouth.

No surprise here. This is the game engine that's based on the now "non-online polished version" which is called The Sims 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsx-pgwMYew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GSKHIaIKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIdKqvMD00
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I suspect the tech isn't the only Limiting factor at Maxis. What ever happened to being creative and pushing one self to achieve something you can be proud of?
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    I suspect the tech isn't the only Limiting factor at Maxis. What ever happened to being creative and pushing one self to achieve something you can be proud of?

It's too hard.
    And probably too expensive.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Pary Hmmm. I doubt it would be too expensive for a billion dollar company. It's just a matter of if they are willing to make the expenditure or not in accordance to their own opinions - not the players.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    You'd probably be surprised what EA considers too expensive.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDZ54jtUIPD-uDLoS2G2ttuxTen5AmZAjaeuYtniISHReNRsAhxw
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Old or not... being cheap is cheap.

Maybe it's me, but when you build upon something already in place, such as a NEW series... you seemingly would go for new and IMPROVED.

Then again, maybe it's just how I see it. Odd. Oh well.. at least they're smarter sims with weirder stories.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I like how EA come up with excuses ... meanwhile the Modders have already been creating different types of beards for the game

excuses , excuses EA .. sad and pathetic
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    Ugh. Another lame excuse.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

I think there is a word for that..... to take money and not give what is promised

One day. people and law will become smart and enforce laws on the internet for companies (not just EA) that pull this stunt. But as long as consumers accept this kind of treatment, the longer these laws will not be made or enforced.

You do this outside of the internet there is a penalty if not some serious court appearances. Most times people (even me) just shrug and except it and say it is the internet. When people (myself included) stop and start speaking loudly outside of the internet; whisper, yell, demand where it counts in our world... our voices heard not just on the internet but everywhere does this wrong practice stop from online companies..It won't happen quickly but it would happen if consumers stepped up and said NO MORE.. But if people just except this kind of treatment from online quietly and say it is the internet.. Then nothing ever will be done and we can expect it to get worse. Businesses should be responsible for the words said by their employees and their promises...>.> Just saying!!!

And to this thread I say they are not saying the truth.. too much technology out there for the quote to be true. They could do more and the CC makers and modders already show what can be done. They want to make you reach DEEP in your pockets and keep buying ..that is the only truth.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    anettesb wrote: »

One day. people and law will become smart and enforce laws on the internet for companies (not just EA) that pull this stunt. But as long as consumers accept this kind of treatment, the longer these laws will not be made or enforced.

You do this outside of the internet there is a penalty if not some serious court appearances. Most times people (even me) just shrug and except it and say it is the internet. When people (myself included) stop and start speaking loudly outside of the internet; whisper, yell, demand where it counts in our world... our voices heard not just on the internet but everywhere does this wrong practice stop from online companies..It won't happen quickly but it would happen if consumers stepped up and said NO MORE.. But if people just except this kind of treatment from online quietly and say it is the internet.. Then nothing ever will be done and we can expect it to get worse. Businesses should be responsible for the words said by their employees and their promises...>.> Just saying!!!

And to this thread I say they are not saying the truth.. too much technology out there for the quote to be true. They could do more and the CC makers and modders already show what can be done. They want to make you reach DEEP in your pockets and keep buying ..that is the only truth.

I bet you could use exsiting laws... but it be an uphill battle...
    agree whole hearted in the highlighted of your stament

but yes 1 day we will be smart... right now I'm smart and voting with my pocket.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳