Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would have happened if Olmypus came out instead of TS4?

MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
edited August 2015 in Off Topic Chat
What do u think would have happened?
giphy.gif
Me watching GT at Gamescom.
I'm back!!^-^
Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
Post edited by MDancer9112 on

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Nothing.
    It'd run for a while then eventually EA would kill the server just like they did with Pet Society.
  • Options
    I bet it would be worse than Sims Online, that was TERRIBLE...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    It would be taken over by griefers and people doing inappropriate things for shock value. The normal players would just leave and the game would die shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish it had, instead of what they have done to the pc series. My opinion. A big goodbye party to the long time Simmers I have known over the years. I wouldn't be on the Olympus 'site' would have remained at the TS3 to find the things I wanted for the game (like tractors, lol) and continued it with it and the TS2 as I watched the site dwindle down to a handful as EA stopped supporting that website.

It would have all been peaceful, dying slowly but with some dignity as many of us had goodbye parties to the pc series, and had at least let it die with textures, toddlers, physical interactions, and sandbox and remaining in the life simulator realm. Those new players who are fanboys of MMOs would have never known who I am because I wouldn't have cared to lift one finger to visit their site nor post one word.

That is what would have happened. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think it would be pretty awful, and I like sims 4, so thankfully didn't go through!
  • Options
    I don't care weather they scrapped it or not, how could they, ever, HAVE POSSIABLY THOUGHT, that Olympus would be any good?
    Its as dumb and annoying as this song:

https://youtu.be/Xcws7UWWDEs
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2015
    I fear it would of gone the same way as Sim City with the possibility of an online subscription? :(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wouldn't have bought it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    OP, not sure, but I know that I would not have been a part of it. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I would be fine with it, as long as they released more content for TS3, i would probably have played Olympus, but without buying it. :#
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited August 2015
    plagues would be unleashed.... cows would eat each other.... and the seas would turn to blood...

edit: and these forums would be just about as echoing dead from that flop as the current ts4 flop.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can tell you what would not have happened. I would not have purchased this game. The only reason I got interested was after it was announced it was not going to be an online game, but a single player game in the tradition of the series. So, (and this will no doubt please some) I wouldn't be here on these forums. :/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would not buy the game. Putting online games in the main series is not good for Simmers like me who are deviant. Other Simmers wouldn't appreciate their yards being pranked by me with gnomes and flamingos taking over their yards. If they want to do a side game attempt of it, fine, but leave online out of the main PC games. Save that for mobile games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yeah I kinda wish it had been released and they started from scratch with Sims 4, we may have been waiting for a few more years but I would have been okay with that and I suppose the end result would have been that fleshed out sandbox game that caters to so many different playstyles.
  • Options
    mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    I wish it had have been released. I'd definitely have bought it. But (depending on how they market it) would consider it a side-game or deviant of the series, like The Sims Medieval, etc. I would hope that they would have put enough work into it to create a way of playing like GTA; people who notioursly "mess bout" only get connected with players of a similar play style, and so those who wish to play by the rules are left in peace.

Then we could have had a proper continuation of the Sims franchise in The Sims 4, albeit further down the line. IT would have satisfied me, complimented by the Sims 3, until that time came.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    Can somebody fill me in? What's the Olympus project?
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    Trolls would've taken it over, and it would've ended terribly. and we would've lost our money, and it would've ended like simcity 5.....bad servers, and ea dumping it.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member

I think that was the code name for sims 4 online.

353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    edited August 2015

Time lost by Maxis trying to do The Sims 4 but always online and your sims, your lots, your savegames all stored at Maxis servers instead your pc
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Then they would have dedicated more time to the Sims 4.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2015
    We probably would've gotten a much better version of Sims 4 (an actual improvement from Sims 3) since Olympus would've been a spin off game... but EA decided they would make more money if they labelled it "Sims 4", this this sorry excuse for a Sims game was born!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't have bought it. Calling it The Sims 4 and making it offline made me buy it out of loyalty and faith that each Sims installment would turn out great. Never again, not without finding out if it's actually good first.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    Longer on TS3 + Olympus and then a well-made TS4 >>>>>>>>>>> The current TS4
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Shiva wrote: »
    Longer on TS3 + Olympus and then a well-made TS4 >>>>>>>>>>> The current TS4

Thats what you say, there is no way of predicting things. Perhaps EA would close all of Maxis if Olympus happened.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1