Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the phone would make noise when it rings

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They do have sound it's not as earable has TS3 one but it does have sound.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    Sometimes (only sometimes) a pop up occurs when the phone rings. There appear to be two types. One above the phone icon with the photo of the Sim calling along with an answer or cancel option. The other is a pop up that says so-and-so is calling. It's not consistent. It needs to be.

One is when a sim invites you for something another is just to talk or when a sim wants to come over, but I wish they would use the invitation UI for everything. It's such a cool UI and I barely see it. And it's cool, because it gives the option to either answer or not by clicking on the green or red.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sometimes (only sometimes) a pop up occurs when the phone rings. There appear to be two types. One above the phone icon with the photo of the Sim calling along with an answer or cancel option. The other is a pop up that says so-and-so is calling. It's not consistent. It needs to be.

Not one time in this game have I known who was calling. I don't get any popups like that. Avis or anything else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It does ring, but it is very low. Even the dishwasher is louder than the phone. I miss home phones too. I wish those and the newspapers would come back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    It does ring, but it is very low. Even the dishwasher is louder than the phone. I miss home phones too. I wish those and the newspapers would come back.

that seems out of proportion... the sound thing

to sad you can't ajust the sound on individuel items
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I missed a few calls when I was playing earlier. Don't get me started on the lack of doorbell. I liked that the phones screen could get cracked in TS3, talk about realistic
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I missed a few calls when I was playing earlier. Don't get me started on the lack of doorbell. I liked that the phones screen could get cracked in TS3, talk about realistic

I never knew how the phones get damaged in TS3 but realism and TS3 do seem to go hand in hand :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Oops left a reply hanging but it's already been said. I hate we can't delete saved Drafts. :(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Oops left a reply hanging but it's already been said. I hate we can't delete saved Drafts. :(

It is more annoying when using a phone or Ipad :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I never knew how the phones get damaged in TS3 but realism and TS3 do seem to go hand in hand :smile:

it came with uni... the drop of phone interaction and then crack in glass is cool... then you had to pay for new glass, the phone still worked though
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2015
    I do get a ringtone that's loud enough not to miss any calls. There's probably something wrong with the sound settings if you're not getting the ringtone or the sound is too low.

I do hate it how the houses don't have doorbells anymore. I mean come on, knocking in 2015? Seriously?
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

it came with uni... the drop of phone interaction and then crack in glass is cool... then you had to pay for new glass, the phone still worked though

I have never seen my Sims drop their phone, they must doing it when im not looking! :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Well I just missed a call that came with a pop up, no sound. I saw the pop up but I was hitting something else when it popped up and there it went. I don't have issues with other games so my sound card is configured correctly and the driver for it is less than a month old. I have it set at stereo which is correct. All the sound sliders are at 100% and there is no sound coming from the phone. In the Sims 3 I hear the phone all the time, no problem. Game sound quality is set at high. Computer sound is set at 100% and the volume on my speakers is set at loud enough so that if somebody comes in the room and wants to talk I have to turn it down however it's not set at what I would call loud. It is set high enough though so that any proper phone ring should easily be heard. If it's softer than the dishwasher, which I can hear, then I would say that is not a proper phone ring.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if this is a frequency problem with the speakers, sounds that are 8 K and higher are not getting through. With my cheapo earphones its a bit better but I am just wondering at what frequency does the phone ring? I have no problems hearing my real landline ringer so I am just wondering if the frequency in game has been set higher.
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

I have never seen my Sims drop their phone, they must doing it when im not looking! :tongue:

only seen it very few times.. and the result slightly more often.... it is a very fast animation with drop and pick up, so easy to miss

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ethyrdude wrote: »
    I'm wondering if this is a frequency problem with the speakers, sounds that are 8 K and higher are not getting through. With my cheapo earphones its a bit better but I am just wondering at what frequency does the phone ring? I have no problems hearing my real landline ringer so I am just wondering if the frequency in game has been set higher.
    Yeah that's how I'm hearing it too is with earphones. It's true you can't hear it well with the regular speakers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AH, well I have been arranging things on my desk a bit differently to see if it will make a difference. I have the speakers set at a bit above my ears instead of down on the floor. I also changed the equalizer settings on the sound card to boost the highs a bit. I have noticed this has made a difference with other sounds as well. The dish washer is quite a bit louder even though I did upgrade it to run quieter and I noticed when I did somethings with the phone today, it was making small yet perceptible tones although they weren't very loud. Now I am just waiting to get a call so I can hear if it made a difference.
  • Options
    OMG!!! I heard the phone! It's a miracle! The thing is tho I had to make some changes to my desk and my settings that may not always be possible. Mind you, there is no way I would mistake that for my phone in RL but at least now I might actually catch a phone call or two. SO I am going to mark this as solved, err ok at least pretend I marked it.