Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need to Vent About Get Together

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Nothing forces you to use any interaction in the game. You don't want bush woohoo, don't do bush woohoo.

Personally, I think it's way too early to write off a pack before we know more about it. And certainly not to write off a pack based on a single small interaction that you don't have to use. (Personally, I think bush woohoo would have been more appropriate to add to Outdoor Retreat but that's just me.) I'm interested to hear more about the group system, because it could really improve game play for all age stages.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    At first I was like "hell yeah, I'm buying Get Together!" because I HATE the dance animations for the base game. They are boring, not fun, and not creative. So I was willing to shell out $40 to fix it and also get my EDM party fix, because I adore EDM festivals and the thought of having one big dance party sounds awesome. So does clubs. Clubs are cool~ I was excited to bring back that Sims 2 Free Time game club. I think it's a neat feature to add to the game. Not a feature worth $40. THEN I read the whole "romp in the bushes" thing and decided: NO. I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THIS NOW. Why? Because as a 19-year-old college student who's had to put up with that party-standard 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that's the LAST thing I want in MY game that I use to ESCAPE this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 world of young adults NEEDING to go out and "party" in order to have an "interesting" young adult life. I hate it. Adding that woohoo bit in their sent me through the roof. They're trying to simulate PG13-friendly partying. If they didn't have an age rating to hold up I'm POSITIVE they could have put some spin off of weed or molly or some other 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in their as well. Hell let's give all our sims acid trips, because obviously EA thinks all we want to do is party party party. Well, they're wrong, and now they aren't getting my $40. Good job EA. You screwed up something good. You could have just left it at closet-woohoo. That would have been fine. But you didn't.

The Bush woohoo is optional meaning you don t have to use it in the game. I myself am glad their adding it. This game also comes with a new world,natural pools,a beach and 64x64 lots and your giving up all this because of Bush and closet woohoo?

Nope I'm giving it up because of raunchy bush-woohoo.
  • Options
    I think the anger against 'bro' isn't so much about the fact that it's in-game, is that it was used a feature in the advertising. They didn't have open world, they didn't have CASt, but hey, now you can emulate yet another stereotype! That's worth those other minor trade-offs, right?

I've actually liked "bro" sims for some of my games -- I had one where I married two bro Sims and I enjoyed the "bro hug". one of my current Sims children has geek trait -- I'm thinking of giving him Bro trait for teen and he can play the sports video game all the time. B) I'm really hoping that GT brings more group activities especially sporting activities -- I'd love to have some 4 on 4 basketball matchups.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    You'd be surprised to know that not only sims, but real people too, woohoo in odd places.
    I'm actually surprised they didn't put the bush!woohoo option with Outdoor Retreat, tbh.

You just gave me a very twisted story to play out >:)

bear-1024x575.jpg
    In the woods, where no one can hear you scream.

I'm still laughing pages later over this..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    me even if I am buying this ep it will mostly be for the content as my sims will never go to nightclubs and will be staying home

And this, Love, is why EA is getting away with putting out high-priced garbage. This thing doesn't even deserve to be called an EP from what we can see so far.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    'kay.
    yeah pretty much :/

Hope they get a prickly thorn debuff after woohooing in bush. *fingers crossed*

• Options
    'kay.
    yeah pretty much :/

Hope they get a prickly thorn debuff after woohooing in bush. *fingers crossed*
    Actually if they had karma like that for bush-woohoo I think I'd be okay with it.
  • Options
    To me it's just silly to assume the groups .. which are what this pack is about.. are about partying or stereotypes. They can be... and I'll even make some of those and enjoy them too :).
    People will make the groups what they want too. I want to make some mentoring groups with extended family and friends. I'd like a swimming class.. I'd like to choose a pub for my Detective and cop friends or other friends can go to for their downtime.... maybe they like to barfight? I'll decide.. Maybe they want to mentor little kids in the neighborhood.. Maybe.
    It's only small if I make it so...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    I will let everyone else have fun in the sims 4 ride down the toilet.. sims 4 is a joke and slap in the face
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited August 2015
    whats wrong with woohoo in bush? i dont get it. why you don't like it? what de hell.. it doesnt make any sense you complaint with anything like it. im going crazeyy.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    I would never think of woohoo in the bushes..and frankly..it makes my skin crawl..Bugs..Spiders..Snakes...social media.....Ick!
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Yes, so there needs to be a debuff - itchy skin, thorns up your sims delicate and precious bits, and so on. Come on, do it Maxis :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Why is that every time someone tries to explain why a particular feature might have been included in the game others rush to say you're defending said feature, or the game? It's an explanation which doesn't necessarily mean a defense.
  • Options
    me even if I am buying this ep it will mostly be for the content as my sims will never go to nightclubs and will be staying home

The pack actually has nothing to do with "nightclubs" -- it's about forming clubs, as it groups. The trailer actually did no service to the EP by focusing on dancing and DJs and such. We still don't know a lot about what's going to be included but I'm hoping for a lot more group-related activity items. We've seen foosball, maybe we get back pool tables and dart boards and basketball and the like.
  • Options
    Why is that every time someone tries to explain why a particular feature might have been included in the game others rush to say you're defending said feature, or the game? It's an explanation which doesn't necessarily mean a defense.

Because they want to stick their fingers in their ears and la, la, la? It's kind of amusing to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The bush woohoo is as stupid as this whole get together EP. When I imagine the Sims 4 devs I imagine a bunch of old ladies thinking about what the young'uns might find trendy and "cool". Yeah, partying at some ruins, mean girls clubs and bush woohoo! Ehmm, NO. Where is the city??? I wanted a huge city, not some old european neighborhood, which was recycled from the sims olympus, and that means the neighborhood is older than sims 3's oasis landing, probably created in early-mid 2013. How do they get away with it? If I were their boss I'd say no plumming way you're recycling an old idea, YOU are making a new world or you're FIRED! The sims 4 is all about recycling, recycle the ice cream maker, recycle the hot tube, recycle the chocolate fountain, I'm sick of it. No new ideas AT ALL. *spits on the floor*

No. If anything, it sounds like you're out of touch.

Skins, a massive show (that went on for 7 seasons) is about Teens entering Young Adult hood. Guess what the first episode of Season 2 entails? A massive EDM rave inside ruins of an old building. And guess what two people later do? "WooHoo" in a bush.

And for the last time, the world wasn't recycled from Sims Olympus. The world coming with Get Together and the world from Olympus are really different. The only thing that's *similar* is the Tudor houses. The Olympus world wasn't coastal, had farming paddocks (including hay barrels), and was far from what we have seen in the trailer. Windunburg has coastal elements, a modern business area, and even a private island. Very different from a small country town with old barns.

And did you know, that the downtown aspect of the Sims 2 (including cars) was scrapped from the original game, and brought back with. Nightlife? That weather was in the base game of the Sims 2, and they scrapped it and sold it separately in a Seasons exapnsion. Doesn't mean they recycled ideas. It means they scrapped ideas *for the base* and waited until they could implement them better.

And from experience, clubbing in the city is not the only place people party. This pack was announced in Europe, and was inspired by European culture. A lot of clubs in Europe are not in flashy cities. That's how they live. Be very careful what you say about other peoples cultures as well. They may find clubbing in the city boring, and massive clubs in abandoned buildings much more exciting :p

Lol, Skins is a TV show written by old people...

• Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    To me it's just silly to assume the groups .. which are what this pack is about.. are about partying or stereotypes. They can be... and I'll even make some of those and enjoy them too :).
    People will make the groups what they want too. I want to make some mentoring groups with extended family and friends. I'd like a swimming class.. I'd like to choose a pub for my Detective and cop friends or other friends can go to for their downtime.... maybe they like to barfight? I'll decide.. Maybe they want to mentor little kids in the neighborhood.. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to having groups for my teens to get to know each other better, and to hang out places other than late at night in the park. I think teens could really benefit the most from the group features in the pack.

• Options
    I would never think of woohoo in the bushes..and frankly..it makes my skin crawl..Bugs..Spiders..Snakes...social media.....Ick!

Well, I've had some friends who've gotten a bit, well, frisky when out for a day hike...just saying... o:)

• Options
    edited August 2015

I'm looking forward to having groups for my teens to get to know each other better, and to hang out places other than late at night in the park. I think teens could really benefit the most from the group features in the pack.

I think any age group will depending on how you play it. An elders garden club? Some kind of group outing? I'm looking forward to children's groups because I keep seeing a treehouse. ;). I know some people are really not happy with it. Go figure the same ones that are never happy with it but I've just been, so energized over planning and thinking about this in my game.
    I may even make a bush club and take pictures for grins :). Only if bears are included though, maybe some Starwars characters too :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

I think any age group will depending on how you play it. An elders garden club? Some kind of group outing? I'm looking forward to children's groups because I keep seeing a treehouse. ;). I know some people are really not happy with it. Go figure the same ones that are never happy with it but I've just been, so energized over planning and thinking about this in my game.
    I may even make a bush club and take pictures for grins :). Only if bears are included though, maybe some Starwars characters too :).

I've seen several players say they'll make Star Wars LARP groups to use the Star Wars costumes we've got in game. :D Not sure if they're kidding or not but that would be a great idea for a group. And you're right that all age groups will really benefit; I haven't really played elders that much but maybe a card club (set up a couple of the card tables in a basement) would be a great idea. I just feel like the teens are so empty -- you can barely find another teen in town unless you go hang out at the park late at night and my teens need their beauty sleep. I couldn't even find a teen for one of my Sims so she got together with the trainer at the gym; they just moved in together and he was quite a bit older than her so I had him take the Potion of Youth to get them at least a little closer in age.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015

The pack actually has nothing to do with "nightclubs" -- it's about forming clubs, as it groups. The trailer actually did no service to the EP by focusing on dancing and DJs and such. We still don't know a lot about what's going to be included but I'm hoping for a lot more group-related activity items. We've seen foosball, maybe we get back pool tables and dart boards and basketball and the like.

Really, well we wouldn't know that by the Official Trailer would we? lol, which seems to be showing Sims partying down at what we now know as the 'Ruins', having a good time partying at the beach, and partying in another place not sure where that is. And the Official Description doesn't even mention 'groups' but says: Explore A New World, Meet New Sims, Live It Up.

So, what you see in an official trailer is Sims partying, developing some romantic feelings, and or getting it on in the closet, so if they want players to 'Know' this isn't about More Partying, why did they make a Partying Trailer that says Beautiful Now, Live it Up.

Can't blame players for the choses marketing makes then get aggravated (anyone who is) with others when they don't even think they would want another partying pack. You know.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and it's not showing one elder or child in the video so no wonder people Don't know It's really about "group'...right...and not about YA's partying and woohooing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    This is the second thread about Bush woohoo. What exactly is the problem here? Neither explained it very well. If your concerned about the ratings, woohoo should be scrapped all together. The location shouldn't matter. And you should know that townie sims don't randomly woohoo so you wont see it. I imagine there will be a special bush for the woohooing, so just avoid it.

You're making a fuss over pretty much nothing. Sorry to be rude. I accept it's your opinion and that's fine but it's irrational.

It's not just that I'm upset over, and I'm not worried about the rating. It's just that... Well where I come from either you party and screw and people like you or you're a loser. It sounds really cliche and childish, but that's what I come from. And this EP just feels like it's focusing on those people who would go out, get wasted, and brag about it that coming Monday. It feels like a raunchy Spring Break EP. I love and embrace everything else this pack has to offer (or at least what I can tell from the trailer), but something like Sims going off into the bushes at a party and woohooing makes the bile well up at the back of my throat. I honestly don't put it past the devs to NOT program townie woohoo in just for those bushes, and I don't wanna find out the hard way. I'm salty about it, I'll admit. Like I said, I posted here to vent. That's all. You don't have to see it my way. I just feel like this game was already marketed for party gameplay in the beginning and now they have to amp it up with this Spring Break garbage... Everything else about this EP entices me. I love the clothes and hairstyles that appear to be coming with it, but TWO new woohoo interactions in this pack alongside all the partying and what appears to be clique-focused groups... It's just bringing back stuff I thought I left behind in high school.

Try to ignore the marketing focused at one particular segment of the buying public and just go back to imagining what you can do with everything but the one thing you don't like. The trailer for this plumed and so I basically ignore it. I'm not using the ruins for parties and I'm going to use the "club" feature to set up town family rivalries. Plus I doubt the bush will be in very places. Delete them, don't place anymore and get back to enjoying the game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is the second thread about Bush woohoo. What exactly is the problem here? Neither explained it very well. If your concerned about the ratings, woohoo should be scrapped all together. The location shouldn't matter. And you should know that townie sims don't randomly woohoo so you wont see it. I imagine there will be a special bush for the woohooing, so just avoid it.

You're making a fuss over pretty much nothing. Sorry to be rude. I accept it's your opinion and that's fine but it's irrational.

It's not just that I'm upset over, and I'm not worried about the rating. It's just that... Well where I come from either you party and screw and people like you or you're a loser. It sounds really cliche and childish, but that's what I come from. And this EP just feels like it's focusing on those people who would go out, get wasted, and brag about it that coming Monday. It feels like a raunchy Spring Break EP. I love and embrace everything else this pack has to offer (or at least what I can tell from the trailer), but something like Sims going off into the bushes at a party and woohooing makes the bile well up at the back of my throat. I honestly don't put it past the devs to NOT program townie woohoo in just for those bushes, and I don't wanna find out the hard way. I'm salty about it, I'll admit. Like I said, I posted here to vent. That's all. You don't have to see it my way. I just feel like this game was already marketed for party gameplay in the beginning and now they have to amp it up with this Spring Break garbage... Everything else about this EP entices me. I love the clothes and hairstyles that appear to be coming with it, but TWO new woohoo interactions in this pack alongside all the partying and what appears to be clique-focused groups... It's just bringing back stuff I thought I left behind in high school.

Try to ignore the marketing focused at one particular segment of the buying public and just go back to imagining what you can do with everything but the one thing you don't like. The trailer for this plumed and so I basically ignore it. I'm not using the ruins for parties and I'm going to use the "club" feature to set up town family rivalries. Plus I doubt the bush will be in very places. Delete them, don't place anymore and get back to enjoying the game.

Still doesn't prove they 'are actually trying to please all sorts of players' does it? Because all that trailer shows is what people believe and that everything out so far except maybe for OR, is about young Sims partying. I mean if they want to show this isn't the focus of the game they would make a different trailer to sell their TS4, and EPs, GPs, and SPs. But they don't. So they are catering to players who want to play only single Sims and ignoring anyone not just those that want toddlers who would like more normal, family play. By normal I mean everyday family stuff. Like go to the movies etc.

I could say I just wanted NightLife in TS2 for the restaurants but EA sold that EP as sex in the city and party down. They know sex sells and they are still doing it. ROFL

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Are you people really yelling around about the woohoo bush option? LOOOOL Next time make sure to invite me to this 50's party, a time when everyone would join this uprising.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member

Oh!!! Maybe with this, if we get basket ball we can form teams?! That'd be exciting. It'd go crazy.