Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FX Gurus Turn Up the Sound

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Particularly when Sims knock on front doors. Can't hear it. You know something different about this game? In the other games when Sims rang a doorbell or knocked on a door, my dogs would bark because they thought that was real. They would go run to my door to see who was knocking and or ringing the bell. In TS4 they don't even hear it. It's too quite, especially if your Sim (and your camera) is away from the front door and in another part of the house.

That's not my only gripe but I will let the rest of the non heard sound effects go today. Another day. lol
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    It's funny, in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, the volume was excessively high, more than the other video games.
    Mass Effect 3, I put the volume at 20%, The Sims 3 I decrease the volume to 5%.

Now The Sims 4, it's like being deaf.

I increase the volume of the radio station to the highest level, I can't still hear the music.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's funny, in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, the volume was excessively high, more than the other video games.
    Mass Effect 3, I put the volume at 20%, The Sims 3 I decrease the volume to 5%.

Now The Sims 4, it's like being deaf.

I increase the volume of the radio station to the highest level, I can't still hear the music.

Yeah, it's because they are very proud of the sound system they did for this game. You can't hear things or they are very muffled unless your camera is right on top of Sims, objects and or 'creatures' outdoors. I miss the other sound systems. My dogs used to whine and come over to my desk if they heard the Pets squeaky toys my dogs played with in the TS2. lol I would have to turn down the sound so they would not hear it. lol

They wanted that toy. ROFL. Now, I don't even hear crickets and or frogs croaking even living near water in this game. And some say that is all in there but this isn't the first time I have complained this game is the quietest game (and dull because of it) than any in the series 'to me'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.