Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers planned as DLC!! A NEW SURVEY IS OUT!!

Comments

• Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    Once again we've come to the conclusion that Sims 2 did it best.

Sims 2 dominates.
    It was the high in the Sims franchise.
    It had the best NPC's.
    The best towns.
    And the best gameplay.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    My predictions for names they didn't have in the survey.

Get a pet
    Get a life
    Astro wrote: »
    BESS73 wrote: »
    Mati22 wrote: »
    Sims 4 hasn't made us paid for "base game content", it's all been free updates. The Sims 3 was 100% worse for selling minimal content for lots of $$$. Did y'all forget the Sims 3 store? You could spend $2 on a window.

But TS3 didn't have major features missing in the base game. The Sims 4 still doesn't have many things like toddlers and cars. The Store didn't really have any major features at the beginning. Later they started to release sets with premium content. That's when the problem began. Now, we don't have any store, but instead we have Stuff Packs with premium items and lack of new objects. The only positive is that they are cheaper now.

Why do we need cars with a closed world? You would basically see the car outside your sims house, and then again when your sim got out of it when they arrived at the venue.
    Have you played TS2? If so then that's how cars could be.

TS2 Cars were my life!
    I loved them.
    I was really surprised that they didn't have cars in base game, not even one!

And you could even put an alarm in the car and woohoo inside of it :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    My predictions for names they didn't have in the survey.

Get a pet
    Get a life
    Sims 4 hasn't made us paid for "base game content", it's all been free updates. The Sims 3 was 100% worse for selling minimal content for lots of $$$. Did y'all forget the Sims 3 store? You could spend $2 on a window.

But TS3 didn't have major features missing in the base game. The Sims 4 still doesn't have many things like toddlers and cars. The Store didn't really have any major features at the beginning. Later they started to release sets with premium content. That's when the problem began. Now, we don't have any store, but instead we have Stuff Packs with premium items and lack of new objects. The only positive is that they are cheaper now.

Why do we need cars with a closed world? You would basically see the car outside your sims house, and then again when your sim got out of it when they arrived at the venue.

TS2 Cars were my life!
    I loved them.
    I was really surprised that they didn't have cars in base game, not even one!

And you could even put an alarm in the car and woohoo inside of it :p

Hell yeah!
    TS2 cars were amazing.
    TS3 cars were rubbish and I only used them for my Sims to steal and sell.

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    My concern with this survey (and since I haven't read through all the pages has probably been mentioned already) is the fact that this isn't a public survey we can all take. It was sent to a select few so the resulting numbers will be skewed. If they made it a public survey, Generations would probably come out on top no question. But since I don't know how many people received the survey I can only hope it still does and that this really was the Sim team letting us know it's coming. Either way, I think Generations HAS to be the next EP. Now that we know toddlers, pre-teens and more family-play are possible we can only be patient that much longer before we start doubting the team's capabilities again (and I'd say with good reason).
  • Options
    My concern with this survey (and since I haven't read through all the pages has probably been mentioned already) is the fact that this isn't a public survey we can all take. It was sent to a select few so the resulting numbers will be skewed. If they made it a public survey, Generations would probably come out on top no question. But since I don't know how many people received the survey I can only hope it still does and that this really was the Sim team letting us know it's coming. Either way, I think Generations HAS to be the next EP. Now that we know toddlers, pre-teens and more family-play are possible we can only be patient that much longer before we start doubting the team's capabilities again (and I'd say with good reason).

If anyone choses the apocalypse and that's what ends up coming out.
    I WILL CRY :'(
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    Once again we've come to the conclusion that Sims 2 did it best.

Sims 2 dominates.
    It was the high in the Sims franchise.
    It had the best NPC's.
    The best towns.
    And the best gameplay.

I think it also had the best stories and sims :smile: I loved the Bella Goth mystery and it all started in The Sims 2. Now we do not have any interesting stories or household in my opinion (everything is happening in 'alternative' universe in TS4, which in my opinion is just lazy explanation).
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Kendra326 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why everyone is so happy about this survey. EA didn't need a survey to know that people want toddlers back, or to know that many of things listed there are features people want. They are well aware of what people want. I think this was simply a way to pacify people on here because they saw the uproar over Get Together, and it seems to be working for many. Some people are even buying expansions they didn't get before because they think toddlers are coming now and they're happy.

I want them just as much as everyone else, but I'm not getting my hopes up about this. Like someone else here said, they'll end up releasing whatever they were going to release anyway. I hate to be negative, but you know, it is what is is with them right now. It's just a survey...and one that a lot of avid players didn't even get to participate in.
    I think it's because people finally hear something about toddlers. Since the team barely talks about this subject it's nice to see that this new survey is showing a possible EP containing toddlers & pre-teens (which we never had except Freeplay). It's not a yes or no answer and I think everyone knows this might be speculation, but I also understand that people are a bit relieved seeing this might happen.

The last survey people got (last year) had EP's in it that actually came out, so there's a high chance of this happening again, but this time with content almost everyone wants. I see what you mean though, you don't want to get your hopes up, but to me, it seems that you can guess a little that this might actually happen. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Sorry but I just don't believe them. I think it is just another *carrot* they are dangling.

I have stopped playing the game since before the spa pack was released, there just isn't anything of my playstyle in this so called game. After what I saw from Rachel, well that was enough for me to realise that even after all this time since the release, they really are NOT listening to family playstyle simmers.

They can continue with their *vision* and I will continue to still enjoy playing Sims2 and Sims3 without the demand to be online with Origin just to play my single player games.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Well, for me, the survey changes nothing. It's not a promise on anything, it's not confirmation that they are working on certain things. If anything, it kind of clarifies that we'll never see toddlers unless they come in an EP that we have to buy.

And how long do they work on EPs for? It could be way, way in the future before any of these ideas come out and who's to say which ones will get chosen? Ultimately, EA have the final say.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited August 2015
    Can you just throw get to together in the trash, and give us generations? :)
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member

a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg
    Some people are just... smiley-laughing017.gif! They will just be happy even if we don't get cars, pets, more than two seasons.I guess this reflects how low the expectations are for this game.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am like SO happy for this new survey. But I wish Maxis would have mentioned all 4 seasons in the Vacation EP.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited August 2015
    CrackFox wrote: »
    For everyone who has put off buying content because of the lack of toddlers/family play PLEASE don't start buying at simply a suggestion that they might return. That's just silly and i have a feeling this survey was designed to make us do that. I'm very much convinced this survey wasn't so innocent. I think they had an agenda. Don't let that pay off for them. Buy content when we have confirmation and not before, otherwise all our resistance to buy content will have been for nothing.

^This, I agree with!

My god it's just a survey! I can hear the sound of every cheerleader climaxing right now.

EDIT: Typo as usual.

Post edited by Karma on
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Could anyone who got the survey share more pics of the pack descriptions like Generations? I would like to see what else they have planned for the possible EP besides pre-teens (and toddlers, but those need to be in a free update).
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    My god it's just survey.
    For everyone who has put off buying content because of the lack of toddlers/family play PLEASE don't start buying at simply a suggestion that they might return. That's just silly and i have a feeling this survey was designed to make us do that. I'm very much convinced this survey wasn't so innocent. I think they had an agenda. Don't let that pay off for them. Buy content when we have confirmation and not before, otherwise all our resistance to buy content will have been for nothing.

^This, I agree with!

My god it's just survey! I can hear the sound of every cheerleader climaxing right now.
    :joy:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Could anyone who got the survey share more pics of the pack descriptions like Generations? I would like to see what else they have planned for the possible EP besides pre-teens (and toddlers, but those need to be in a free update).

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/ :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Kendra326 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why everyone is so happy about this survey. EA didn't need a survey to know that people want toddlers back, or to know that many of things listed there are features people want. They are well aware of what people want. I think this was simply a way to pacify people on here because they saw the uproar over Get Together, and it seems to be working for many. Some people are even buying expansions they didn't get before because they think toddlers are coming now and they're happy.

I want them just as much as everyone else, but I'm not getting my hopes up about this. Like someone else here said, they'll end up releasing whatever they were going to release anyway. I hate to be negative, but you know, it is what is is with them right now. It's just a survey...and one that a lot of avid players didn't even get to participate in.

I think the reason why we're all (well, not /all/, but a good majority of us) so happy is not because they've been confirmed to return, but because when there was always someone saying "toddlers will never return, they won't ever do that, it's impossible bla bla blah" now we have a confirmation that they might return. That it's not impossible for the devs to work on them, especially if even pre-teens are coming along too! That there's a good chance we will finally get them in game :)

So many simmers have asked repeatedly for a word on matter, an answer, if they've been listening to this community or not, and even if they didn't respond directly till today, they put out a survey mentioning that toddlers are, in fact, a possibility. This is enough to lift the spirit - for me, at least.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Agreed. Sims 2 cars are a good compromise with a closed world. It makes things more immersive.
  • Options
    Can you just throw get to together in the trash, and give us generations? :)

No thanks. I'm actually excited for get together. The more I learned bout it, the more I'm pumped.
  • Options

Really? The other leaked survey had get to work on it. Clearly, these surveys are real.

However, I agree that people shouldn't buy things they don't want for hopes of something they do.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

Really? The other leaked survey had get to work on it. Clearly, these surveys are real.

However, I agree that people shouldn't buy things they don't want for hopes of something they do.

I don't doubt that they are real. However, nothing on here is promised. We don't know that we'll see all of this content. We don't know that they won't rework some of these ideas into GPs or split content between several packs. We don't know when we'll see it.

I think it's best to see the game for what it is now and to buy each DLC because you're genuinely interested in that specific DLC.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    aclavo wrote: »
    aclavo wrote: »
    What am I getting excited for exactly? The fact I have to pay for a base game feature?

Why is it a base game feature? Because you say so or because you feel it should have been? Either way it wasn't, so let's move on.

um they been a base game feature sense 2 and 3?

Well, that was TS2 and TS3, it really have nothing to do with TS4 in all honesty. And the way they were done in TS3 was quite lackluster. If they bring them back, I would like them to be more fleshed out.

This totally made me LOL! The only thing that will be fleshed out is their hands in our wallets/purses. I am not going to pay for toddlers if that means I don't get all the other goodies, so be it...
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Seriously, would EA/Maxis dare to make toddlers paid DLC? They had better not, or else TS4 will be in a grave so deep it's going to be nearly impossible for it to get out.

Considering that there are already many people on this post alone who are suggesting they'll be more than happy to pay for toddlers, The Sims 4 will be just fine if EA did this. I personally think it would be an extremely stupid idea, but that's not the same opinion many others seem to have... apparently some players like paying extra for base game content and features.

They are clearly saying, that if that was their only option then so be it. They want them no matter what.
    No one is saying they are happy too.

But as I said, if they patch in Toddlers and then because you did that you buy Generations, you're effectively paying for Toddlers.
    Which is why people who already plan to buy Generations no matter what, don't mind paying for toddlers, because they would be paying the same as getting toddlers patched in and buying generations.

Which is why they don't care.
    Nothing is free with the Sims regardless what is said in presentations. Even if toddlers are patched into the base, Simmers are still paying for them. You can't get toddlers without buying the base game. It's still $30-$70 at least for them. It's just like how all the other patches are not free either including basements, dishwashers, ghosts, family trees, careers, and pools just to name a few.

What I never understood about EA marketing Sims 4 for a younger audience is how they think a teen has the money to buy all these game/expansion packs.

I'm an adult & can purchase everything they come out with -but haven't bought a thing since GTW. Why? No family play/no toddlers.

If I get toddlers (and as an added bonus pre-teens) I'm perfectly willing to pay for them. But I can't pay for something not available.

I like the idea of Sims 4 patching in certain things -but leaving it up to the player if they wish to 'add more' gameplay with a game/expansion pack. Everyone should have the option to add whatever they like to their game & if they want it, then pay for it.

I know a basic dishwasher was patched in, so every Sims 4 owner gets it -but I like the idea of the kitchen pack selling for a certain price. If players love kitchens & wish to expand their game, then they can buy it. If others are perfectly happy with the basic dishwasher they can play their game & save their money for something they are really interested in.

To me, it's like going to an 'a la carte restaurant. I can purchase whatever I like separately & not be forced into buying an entree where I won't eat half the items.

I just want the choice.

• Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    I was happy when this survey came out.