Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @PalmArrow: Sounds cool can't wait to see who he ends up with
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,028 Member
    @PalmArrow Would you consider changing Agnes' career? According to Sims Wikia, her lifetime wish is Illustrious Author, traits of Loner and Bookworm. ??

@TadOlson I see some more walls have gone up. I imagine the money tree helps. ;)

@ddsims3world I like your coffeehouse. What size is the lot?

More of Russ and Poppet. After having time off for Spooky Day, both worked hard the next day, came home tired. In fact, Russ was asked to stay late and worked too hard. He earned me the Burnout achievement. Poor guy. :(

If that wasn't enough, the household had 3 things break that afternoon. What a mess! So both Russ and Poppet did a couple of needed upgrades. Thank goodness for the weekend!
    Repairs.jpg

That evening, they spent some time at the pub. They're terrible at karaoke, but Alfonso Alto isn't listening to Poppet's singing!
    SingingBad%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

The next day, Russ does a workout to increase his athletic skill. Mimi yowls along to the music. She was having fun, so I didn't mind. :)
    Yowling.jpg

Poppet braves the winter snow storm to go searching for a secret island she'd heard about. It took a while, but finally found it! Now it's theirs free of charge. When they get more money, they'll build on it. They could sell their expensive cars they brought from Appaloosa Plains, but would rather not do that unless necessary.
    IsleDiscovery.jpg

Russ had a work opportunity to go jogging in Egypt. Poppet got a wish to go too, so they bought the tickets hoping they could find enough treasure to make up for the cost. The first thing I noticed was that townies from Isla Paradiso were exploring in Egypt too! :o Never saw that before. Is it because I had recently installed Nraas Register which includes settings about tourists???

Surprised to see a friend in Al Simhara, Fort Starch grad Russ salutes Akoni Kahale just for fun.
    IPTownies%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

More Isla townies exploring the sights of Egypt. Russ and Poppet spotted several friends and chatted with some.
    IPTownies%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

And of course, they adventured and saw many sights themselves.
    TombEntrance.jpg

Then settled in late that first night at an oasis campsite.
    Campfire.jpg
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I created a gorgeous new Sim named Phoebe Ray to be the Mum in my very first 100 Baby Challenge :smiley:
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congrats!! I've been attempting the same, but my game could make ice with all the freezing it's doing.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    @lanlyn, Correction it is actually 25x25 not 30x20!

@CravenLestat, Eventhough I never tried TonKatsu as Chicken Katsu & Katsudon was great.

Also thanks to those who commented! I'm usually busy, but knowing those are very good pics & updates that I do see!
    Post edited by ddsims3world on
  • Options
    Zoltank66Zoltank66 Posts: 19 New Member
    Today, I threw a pool party for my household. They're all essentially roommates, and they don't always get along (two hot-headed sims always making the rest angry), so this party was an attempt to create some friendships. It actually was a huge success, and now they don't quite hate each other as much as they used to.
  • Options
    @Zoltank66 Congrats on the successful party!

@ddsims3world Do you have your coffeehouse uploaded? I'm looking for one on a small lot like that to combine it with a bakery.

@Sim Shady Good luck with the baby challenge. :)

Here's the last of Russ and Poppet's trip to Al Simhara. After expenses, they made over 13,000 simoleons in profit from treasure and Russ' bonus for jogging! B) Just a few highlights...

Uh oh! Better check behind you, guys! :o
    Mummy%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Russ has the brave trait and got a wish to defeat this skinny mummy. Didn't hesitate to dive in for the first attack!
    Mummy%252520%25252812%252529.jpg

The mummy rose up out of the whirlwind once and I got a little concerned.
    Mummy%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

But in the end, Russ was the victor!
    Mummy%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

Dust to dust. Ashes to ashes.
    Mummy%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Fun in the marketplace. A snake charmer earns tips for her talent.
    MarketSnake.jpg

A secluded oasis just for the two of them. Poppet earned her first point in fishing. Caught a frog. Russ does some last minute excavating.
    FishExcavate%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Both Russ and Poppet love the outdoors. This is a perfect spot for another wish of theirs...
    OasisRomance%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

He's not Lawrence of Arabia, but Poppet still gets "carried away."
    OasisRomance%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

OasisRomance%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Back home, life returns to the daily norm (for sims). Notice how it looks like snow in their house boat!)
    VideoGame.jpg

Mimi's settling in. As a kitten, she can only do a few things. Poppet put the frog in a fish bowl for her to watch. It helps with Mimi's hunting skill, but she won't hunt until she's older.
    MimiSkills%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Another thing Mimi can do for fun is play with the catnip mouse. It's almost as big as she is!
    MimiSkills%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
  • Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2015
    My legacy Sim family is finally back together! They had broken up because the wife was very flirty with guys from before marriage and even woohooed with a few. But now they died of old age. And they had there first kid and expecting a second! (Yippee done have to find Andrew a new wife) I'm posting the story on my Sims 3 profile blog and I'll post images here. There lol girl is so cute!

@lanlyn is it me or is it snowing indoors in two of your pics? Lol the kittens so cute BTW I don't use pets since it lags up my game, makes me miss it, your Sims seem to always be on fun adventures! Great update!
    Post edited by KityKittenMitens on
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @TadOlson it's looking bleak, I got it running yesterday with a hard reset but today the screen won't turn on again. It ran perfect last night once I got the screen on again - I'm going to give it a few more tries. Good updates.

@lanlyn & @msbeckycat thanks enjoyed your updates.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry, I have not posted in a long time - I read this thread daily and see so many great things happening. Anyway, I will edit this post to add since I can't post more than one pic before getting the 'approval' notice. Anyway, here's what is happening with my game.

This is Brandon trying to make some extra money after work at the Bistro in Riverview.
    Screenshot_zpsiq2syhhp.jpg

He discovered something out in the fields that ended up changing his life drastically.
    Screenshot-2_zpsrp1qg1ea.jpg

In a few days, he had given birth to an alien child and was trying to keep him secret from everyone.
    Screenshot-6_zpsg2cdtpvv.jpg

He kept to late nights as he took his young son out around town.
    Screenshot-3_zpsqpez5p6c.jpg

He used the alien technology that his abductors left and kept his child safely hidden from the world....and time itself.
    Screenshot-8_zpsx6zszg4m.jpg

Before long, his secret was getting hard to contain so he changed his identity and the two moved to Twinbrook.
    Screenshot-7_zpszkgrug4b.jpg

Brandon took to firefighting to make a living for them both.
    Screenshot-15_zpsdpxizv7p.jpg

The entire town depended on him and was always thankful when he would save the day.
    Screenshot-17_zpstfvwkaua.jpg

Until a massive cloud appeared over the town....
    Screenshot-20_zps0lm8tgyg.jpg

Terrified, Brandon bravely headed toward the source of the trouble that was brewing...
    Screenshot-25_zpsqeacxisc.jpg

By this time, his alien son had grown up and was still being kept a secret from the town...
    Screenshot-24_zpsi8kgyrfh.jpg

along with another curious life form....
    Screenshot-23_zpse3wnsdny.jpg

Brandon uncovered the source but found that more danger was to come, and it would mean that he would need to move the family again to outrun it.
    Screenshot-30_zpse29ckezi.jpg

A very nosy sim began to see the cracks in Brandon's story and he knew that time was running out. It was time to hit the road again.
    Screenshot-32_zpsdc9xfmue.jpg

Next part here: Coming Soon!
    Post edited by Llandros2012 on
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    @lanlyn, Not yet but likely Saturday or Monday!

Here's a random moment I capture w/ Liam strange happy moment while Bob Pancakes is cursed from Grimmy's magic spell.

20355802702_7c5f3f12ba_c.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @PalmArrow -I haven't seen any of that yet though I've got a burglar alarm outside the house.Great update!
    @Viridisa -I've got a very small shack built to shelter my sims for the winter.
    @lanlyn -It helps to have made my own community gardens and they weren't overspending while they started out.Great updates!
    @Sim Shady -Hi there!Your game sounds like fun.
    @MoonandStars83 -I hope your computer's fan isn't dying because my game froze a lot when the fan gave out on my computer.
    @ddsims3world -Thanks for your comment.Great picture!
    @Zoltank66 -Hi there!Your game sounded like fun.
    @Gernadia -I hope you can get the computer fixed at a repair shop.
    @Llandros2012 -Hi there!The forums have been acting up lately.Great update!
    I've got an update coming up very soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's a seasonal makeover of the Jankowskys from Deery Meadows getting ready for fall.
    Ami Jankowsky
    Everyday Outfit.
    19691731483_dc4650d99c.jpg
    Sleepwear.
    20126094889_f77fc837a0.jpg
    Outerwear.
    19690096254_143301db7c.jpg
    Eli Jankowsky
    Everyday Outfit.
    20124737508_5394bf7ef7.jpg
    Sleepwear.
    19691789373_0eaecf81ef.jpg
    Outerwear.
    20126151949_e3d0d4b77f.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited August 2015
    > @lanlyn said:
    > PalmArrow Would you consider changing Agnes' career? According to Sims Wikia, her lifetime wish is Illustrious Author, traits of Loner and Bookworm. ??

That's an excellent idea, thank you!
    I love your pictures, especially the kitten howling (I love how the tiny kitten has a giant plumbob over her) and Isla Paradiso in winter.

> @Llandros2012 , your story is fascinating!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2015
    Have no update am still playing Nobunagas Ambition Rise to Power.So will just post random premades from Roaring Heights.These are really well made homeless sims and the outfits they get as homeless sims are basically a generic polo shirt but when added to your library get cool outfits that match the era.The default clothes are for like if you choose roomate service or seeing them wander the town.Just library them to get the real outfits.I added all three to my lucky Palms :p

Pretty.

Screenshot-740_zps3qcpbsyr.jpg

Another pretty,has that movie starlett look.

Screenshot-742_zpssivlmsfk.jpg

This one looks like Christina Aguillera in game especially!!! aged down to young adult.She is adult here and by default.

Screenshot-745_zps8clnzevo.jpg

A fast way to library these if you like them is to go in RH start a game hit roomate service on,after that hit female,then hit the max of seven.When they show up simply click on the ones you like then hit dismiss roomate,after that if you have the testingcheats enabled shift click the ones you dismissed then add to household.Then go to edit town to split your household you can split them individually or make all 3 a group in your library.(It is what I did) now enjoy your new pretty premades to add to your towns.

Sims you library are auto saved so no need to save your game once you get them.Just exit Roaring Heights and add them to whatever town you are using.

EDIT: There is a really good Japanese girl homeless premade sim in RH too but I thought I took her screenshot and cant find it :( but she is awesome and will show up if you choose the max 7 roomates.You should add her too she is really well made and gives your town some ethnicity.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Some weird stuff from my last game session. Winter in the islands and my first remodeling of Hobart's Hideaway. Strange goings-on.

An alien visited my sims' houseboat. But she didn't arrive in a space ship. She came in a sailboat! :p I wanted to know where she'd sail off to, so I followed her.
    Alien%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

She headed out to the far side of Science Island where Nautilus Laboratories is. Hmm, that's suspicious.
    Alien%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Once there, she beached the sailboat, ran behind the junkyard to a wrecked pier, and then just...disappeared! I'm sensing a cover up here! :o
    Alien%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

This is why my sims excel and townies, uh, don't. :|
    IQ.jpg

Ok, so my sims are a bit crazy too. :s
    SplashWinter.jpg

But of course, all work and no play...
    IglooLove.jpg

This guy's just begging to be reset. :D
    StuckCat%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

But I don't think a reset will help with the insanity! :#
    StuckCat%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Wouldn't it be awful if her bum froze to the bar stool? >:)
    ColdPoolBar.jpg

And good night from Isla Paradiso's Adventures in Wonderland. B)
    WinterSunset.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yay, I've become a member and I can post pictures now! Here are some pics of the Isla Paradiso household I've been playing for a long time, on epic lifespan, which is now on hiatus because I've decided to try the Legacy Challenge -- but I'll definitely come back to them afterwards.

This is Augusta, the first Sim I've ever created. I'm very attached to her and I can't imagine allowing anything bad to happen to her. She's a painter and adventurer, and I've played her as a single Sim for a long time before creating a husband for her.
    2cnxmjr.jpg

The houseboat she and her family are living in. They are very rich now and they could afford a much better house, but I'm putting off moving them out because this houseboat feels just right for a bohemian family - it's messily built (whenever they need a new room they just randomly stick one somewhere) and full of relics.
    2qk07k0.jpg

Augusta having a family moment with her husband Aidan, a bestselling novelist, and their teenage daughter Imogen. They are watching the Romantic Rendezvous channel on TV, and although all three are having fun, Aidan, who has the Hopeless Romantic trait, is the one who's most into it. "Aww, I'm so happy these two are finally together!" he seems to be saying.
    2rm11lh.jpg

"Are you laughing at me, Imogen?"
    "No, Dad, what makes you think that?"
    Note that he is still thinking about the happy couple on TV - you can see the two tiny joined hands above his head.
    5b7nt2.jpg

Aidan and Augusta are still in love like newlyweds. In the mornings I always focus on Imogen, making sure her mood is good before she goes to school. When I switch back to the two of them, I usually find them cooing at each other, with their romantic bar on "extremely irresistible."
    6j2fzb.jpg

Augusta with a painting she just finished. The other painting is an unfinished one by Imogen. Most of their skill objects are outside on the deck, so that they can enjoy the beautiful scenery while working on their skills.
    2hhlr2w.jpg

Imogen in the school bus, happy about the successful party she had the day before. (I'm not sure it would have been that successful if she didn't have the Legendary Host lifetime award. She just invited her friends to the community pool, played the guitar for them and offered them some nectar.)
    2wcmydw.jpg

That awkward moment when you take the family for a nice afternoon outing on the beach, and the first thing the Dad does is... hide in the bushes and spy on a lady in the toilet? Stop that at once, Aidan! Go and play in the ocean with your wife.
    2v9u32u.jpg

There, that's better!
    10qe7vq.jpg

@CravenLestat , those Sims from Roaring Heights are indeed gorgeous!
  • Options
    @PalmArrow: Love the reading scene
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Sandy might of found her man "Johnny Johnson"
  • Options
    @ddsims3world Thanks for the lot info. I'll watch for when it's ready. I like the uncluttered, clean look of the coffeehouse. It would be versatile to personalize for different worlds.

@KityKittenMitens Yep, the snow looked like it was in the boat house, but actually wasn't. I have winter set up for only 3 days (the minimum) so the sims can enjoy the season's offerings, but I've noticed the weather and full moon effects are tough on my Isla Paradiso world.

@Llandros2012 I love your story! Really cool. So original and imaginative. B)

@TadOlson I've done one challenge, that's all. It was fun, but my sim was only allowed a 10x10 lot with tent, all-in-one toilet and fire pit for the whole challenge. He spent most of his time on community lots.

@PalmArrow Enjoyed your pics! And great family. With my first family (the Weylors), I kept so many relics from traveling. When I had to move them to a new world, I sold a lot of those things, but they still had so many! Their children took some of the relics with them when they became YAs and moved to their own worlds. Russ and Poppet have a few.

@CravenLestat I think the Roaring Heights characters are good looking too. And I love the references to historical people.

@msbeckycat And another romance starts to bloom! <3
  • Options
    @lanlyn: I might help her start this relationship then see
  • Options
    My legacy founder has found that Agnes Crumplebottom was the woman for him. They got married today.
    2rvzihx.jpg

I've saved too many pictures of my legacy game to spam this topic with them, so I started a thread for them:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848875/the-bluejay-legacy?new=1
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2016
    So the boys ended up moving to Barnacle Bay in order to escape undue suspicion. But it seems that the town was quite accepting of an alien in their midst. Against his better judgment, Brandon decided that maybe it was time to see if perhaps this might be the place to truly settle down and live a normal life. Tyler longed to use his musical gifts. But first, Brandon took off for China to become the Martial Arts Master.
    Screenshot-35_zpsbufiujmk.jpg

His best friend and roommate from college joined the house and wanted to experience suspended animation. He was not amused by it at all.
    Screenshot-36_zpsu8ttxqut.jpg

The boys tried to fit in to town by forming their own band and performing in local clubs.
    Screenshot-41_zpsmqz1ak2l.jpg

While Brandon worked in town, the boys hung out at home perfecting their song list.
    Screenshot-39_zpsfm4ndqq0.jpg

Time was being very kind to the Shepherd family and they were enjoying the island lifestyle.
    Screenshot-45_zps3mzelppy.jpg

Tyler took advantage of the quiet sunrises on the houseboat to sneak in some practice.
    Screenshot-47_zpswx16ndng.jpg

Nothing could beat the feeling he got in those still, morning hours as the sun began to rise during practice.
    Screenshot-48_zpsnx61lq3v.jpg

When all the boys were home, it was time to get their act together and prepare for their first professional debut.
    Screenshot-43_zpsu0magtrg.jpg

It was a great way to meet the neighbors and for once feel a part of the life of the town for them all.
    Screenshot-44_zpsdqdbmgy0.jpg

And so The Shepherd Boys came to be a professional working band.
    Screenshot-50_zpszj9urmfb.jpg

As it turns out, they were more than just pretty good. The boys were a hit in town.
    Screenshot-52_zps7jq3mbdk.jpg

It wasn't long before they were getting calls to perform almost every night.
    Screenshot-49_zpspneykzcn.jpg

But with small town fame comes the risk of others digging into your past. Would the Shepherds be able to maintain the peace or would life on the run have to start up again, just as things seemed to be going perfectly for them?
    Post edited by Llandros2012 on
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Today, I was back with Jessie and Alex, along with the kids.
    So Scarlet aged up and learnt how to walk.
    Louis became a maid in the bathroom.
    Jessie invited Leonard over, and he brought River Conner with him (A toddler, who went straight into the kids room to play with toys, and then Leonard put River is Scarlet's crib.
    Now the funny part-Alex went to Central Park and Trevor Burton was there (You should know him from previous adventures...)
    Roxy and John Nelson were there as well.
    Trevor must have flirted with Roxy because John was steaming!
    Now the bad part- When I aged up Scarlet, I went to the mirror and looked at her hair. Little Game-Guess The Colour Of Scarlet's Hair!

I also played on a family I made the other day, with Alex, his girlfriend Mya and Alex's daughter Molly.
    They basically live in a barn.
    It is like any other house, except half of it's underground...
    But EVERY SINGLE SECOND, ALEX WAS REREADING A CHILDREN'S BOOK!
    It's meant to be a peaceful game, NOT A RAGE GAME!
    I Rage Quit...
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    Screenshot-6_zpstglh8sab.jpg
    Bonnie's BF Otis with their dog Puff
    Screenshot-5_zpsksjs2eqk.jpg
    Thunder, Puff, and Bonnie (who doesn't feel a need to put on clothes to leave the house)
    Screenshot_zps4wccupmg.jpg
    And, I think, her fourth abduction...those aliens just won't stop...
    Screenshot-3_zpsbvyeygb3.jpg

I'm still having computer issues but I did manage to get some stuff put ahead for my current story (not Bonnie).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top