Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is recovering isn't it??

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I've been satisfied with it from when I got it, on sale, but I bought it sooner than I had most iterations. I've been impressed most with the look of it, and the the fact that I relate more to the Sims. The added content has been good quality as well. The bugs--I've had about half of the bugs, and the only slightly game breaking one for me is the incest bug. I'm glad they jumped right on the impartial relationship bug, tho.

Yikes, remember the spider babies?
    The Sims 4 spider babies you mean? It was a glitch in the beginning for some.

Yep. Was every baby til patched for me. lol
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I knew from the beginning that it was just going to take time. Time that not everyone is willing to take to see if it starts looking up. I've been a Sims fan since, pfff, 2003? not as long as many, but I'm not going to leave the franchise when the game is still young and has so much potential. I'm fine with how it is, and I'm interested to see how it will fare in the next few years.
    I think you're downplaying there what issues people have with the game. People complain about essential lacks in the game, not about pets or weather or supernaturals.

No, I do understand that. It's not a terrible game without, even though it is lacking. It's just my opinion. I'm getting to these quite late-had a crappy few weeks. I apologize
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    I knew from the beginning that it was just going to take time. Time that not everyone is willing to take to see if it starts looking up. I've been a Sims fan since, pfff, 2003? not as long as many, but I'm not going to leave the franchise when the game is still young and has so much potential. I'm fine with how it is, and I'm interested to see how it will fare in the next few years.
    I think you're downplaying there what issues people have with the game. People complain about essential lacks in the game, not about pets or weather or supernaturals.

No, I do understand that. It's not a terrible game without, even though it is lacking. It's just my opinion. I'm getting to these quite late-had a crappy few weeks. I apologize
    Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by 'it's going to take time' then. I thought you meant EP's. Because to most of us it's not EP stuff what's lacking. I'm tempted at the moment to add some stuff (even when I think EA doesn't deserve it but I want to be able to enjoy this game), but it's mainly other things I miss, that can't be solved by giving it time. Like the freedom and the creativity I had in Sims 3 (and others in 2).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Just as an aside....it looks like the downloadable dishwashers are separate appliances and aren't going to be built into the counters. Why am I not surprised?

They go in to the counters. The guru that made them confirmed that on twitter.

CLG8x18W8AArCEj.png:large

but do carry on.....
    Sometimes I feel like the Sims community is the most whiniest community I've been apart of. I'm not saying that them taking everything away from people's playstyles was warranted, but even when people get those things back they still find something to complain about.

I know... -.- Is good as constructive criticism but sometimes people sound like kids that didn't get exactly what they wanted for Christmas!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'll just copy what I wrote in another thread,
    "It's not just toddlers people are upset over. That is just the tip of the iceberg and no it isn't because of lack of packs either. The Sims 4 isn't even just a base game anymore, hasn't been for months. We don't mind if others like the game. Don't let what others think get you down. Just enjoy the game. We just all wish we could be enjoying it with you, but can't and very worried about the future of the Sims after what happened with SimCity 2013 after it sold 2 million copies. I know I was a SimCity player myself, so it just hurts to be lied to by Maxis twice now. It's nothing personal, it's just business between me and Maxis. Like any other business I've come across, some businesses deliver and some don't. Maxis failed to deliver a product that has my play styles in it, that's all."

But yeah like I've said before even though I want toddlers to return, I don't think they are ever coming back ever in the Sims 4. It's at the point it is a little too late and the base game is already set in stone. Toddlers being in a single EP will not work and create a coding mess. It's either they return in the base or not at all otherwise supernatural toddlers and toddlers playing with pets will never be possible.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    the new anouncment... no not recovering... getting worse

might getting more... but more of the same

some might like it... but they leavign a huge part of the fan base behind... the part that passed their passion to their real life kids
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    I agree with annettesb
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I just found this thread and - no it's getting worse and worse.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    If people think that Sims 4 is semi open world that not true. You get a loading screen just to go to park. Or if you go visit your neighbors you get a loading screen.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2015
    The recovery continues... smiley-happy057.gif Get ready for the best EP of The Sims history... "Get Your Sh.t Together"! worthy.gif

Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    this thread is funny.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think The Sims 4 suffered from a stroke this morning, so it's far from recovering.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think The Sims 4 suffered from a stroke this morning, so it's far from recovering.

It's on life support.

• Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    this thread is funny.
    I don't think the situation is funny anymore.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

It's on life support.

The neurologist just left and says he sees no sign of brain activity. Time to pull the plug.