Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you agree that "Get Together" is the most embarrassing thing The Sims has ever announced?

Comments

• Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    No.....my whole town wearing ice cream bras was the most embarrassing.........in the middle of winter none the less..... :lol:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    Nah, I can deal with a lacklustre EP, but the dancing was so forced you could feel the awkward.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    Nope.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    To me, if feels like Maxis has a Plan and they're sticking to it no matter what.

Feedback- don't care; Comments on sites- don't care.... they're going down their pre-planned path and nothing will stop them. Maybe give the people a few items released early (Not the pre release stuff to make sure the Gallery works right- they're done that with TS3 also).

Just, if feels .... empty. -imo. :(
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2015
    I didn't realize it was so poorly received. I just saw the trailer like, a few minutes ago. I dunno how people can hate something with a passion when we barely have any information on it other than 'new world' and 'new group activities.' Why don't we, you know, -wait- until we get lots more info before claiming it's 'awful' first. New group activities doesn't sound like a bad thing to me though. I doubt it'd just be 'parties' and 'dancing.'

I think I'll stop coming here for a while. It seems every other thread now is complaining about this new expansion pack. Blargh.
    Post edited by tobumon on
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    What is this dance everyone is talking about? Lol
    I missed the presentation.
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    You are all doing the most. Sure, it's not toddlers, but how is it embarrassing? It's a late-night/ freetime kind of EP, which a lot of people wanted.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Rachel Franklin turned a press conference into a dance party, and I somewhere DEEP down, I bow to her, cause that took a lot of guts. But yikes.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What is with the name? Did they fire the name guy? All the names are awful. "Get to work" "Get together" What the actual Duck?

Yes, the EP looks like another half done embarrassment, no longer can anyone say they play Sims with pride.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    it seems like they just catered to the way everyone likes dj's and raves and stupid edm music -_-
    seems like one big college themed party town, ugh
    and what's with the 3 mean girls in matching outfits lol :D

#dissapointment
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What is with the name? Did they fire the name guy? All the names are awful. "Get to work" "Get together" What the actual Duck?

Yes, the EP looks like another half done embarrassment, no longer can anyone say they play Sims with pride.

True, they could have done better with naming it. I don't know what but something better than "Get Together"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Rachel Franklin turned a press conference into a dance party, and I somewhere DEEP down, I bow to her, cause that took a lot of guts. But yikes.

I'll give you credit on that. It did take guts.

However I actually felt like I did something wrong by simply watching it.

Followed by a long Awwwwkward silence
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member

[url=https://youtube.com/watch?v=DY_DF2Af3LM[/url]

• Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    Title says it all.

I just don't understand why there is more content focused around parties and socializing.

Why do they continue to ignore family play? I don't need any more party packs! :/
  • Options
    SpiralmindSpiralmind Posts: 1 New Member
    This is a stuff pack being passed off as an expansion. Very disappointed in EA, though not really surprised that they are milking the franchise for every penny they can.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well I think the name is dumb. The trailer was severely underwhelming to me though. To me, it just looks like one world with one little venue to party at, which is lame to me. Besides somefire twirling stuff and the DJ station, there didn't look to be too many "major" new features. There could be more shown later on but for now, it looks like a huge waste of 40-60 dollars.

I didn't actually see the announcement for it and judging by peoples reactions, I'm too afraid to. I get so irked by second hand embarrassment.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    Baloshi2Baloshi2 Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh no, I think we're missing something way more cringe worthy than the announcement of this EP...

The dance that they did after. Oh SimGuruRachel.

EDIT: But on a more serious note, it's releasing 4 monthes from now, and I have faith that there's more.
    giphy.gif

Origin ID: Baloshi2
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Your Signature and av..... LMAO.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    What I would have done to actually see their faces...

2qbyry8.png
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2015
    OK. I have watched the trailer a good 15+ times now.

It isn't quite as bad as I was expecting it to be, but I still feel it is poorly timed.

If TS4's base game had been up to TS2 or even TS3's standards this pack might have been a pretty decent idea to have. I certainly do like the rave aspect they seem to be introducing, but as it is as much as I love this game it is deficient in far more areas than "social".

This is also yet another pack where children and potentially teens are excluded from gameplay. So basically TS4 is shaping up to be exactly like TS3:- very heavily adult sim orientated to the point where children are pretty much just accessories for adult sim gameplay.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Yes I think it is the most embarrassing EP in the history of Sims franchise. Its very unfortunate that this happened to TS4.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I don't know, but the least embarrassing was "Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff", for sure.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    javadjavad Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2015
    i can easily call it the most embarrassing the sims ep ever, but i don't think it's the worst sims dlc ever released, because for me the sims 3 katy perry's sweet treats still beats it.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Well no, we barely know anything about this ep..we just saw a one minute trailer..the game is still in development.
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2015
    Has the OP ever heard of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats?

Get Together is bad though...