Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you agree that "Get Together" is the most embarrassing thing The Sims has ever announced?

Comments

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2015
    They should be disappointed in themselves. Whatever the heck this is that they announce is not at all close to what the studio is actually capable of doing. Plus, this is a complete smack in the face to the majority of simmers who have been asking, not just for toddlers, but for other things that we've been talking about on these forums for over a year now. This EP is not even what a majority of simmers have been asking for. A majority of simmers have been saying they don't need anymore party stuff. And what to we get? A preteen party EP. Is this the EP they had the girlswhocode try?
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I agree with everyone who said Sweet Treats is the worse thing ever. At least the content in this is usable, it just came at the wrong time. We need more family play first.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    Get To Work...Get Together...what's next? Get A Room (catloverplayer would love that one)? Get A Life?

I'm sorry, but Sims 4 beats Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. That was just a stuff pack I gladly didn't buy. Howver, having a series start with a blow and go downhill from there is....well it's not promising for the franchise's future.

EDIT: typo

- Get To ddlers
    - Get Rekt
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimmerDiabolicalSimmer Posts: 84 Member
    No, not the most embarrassing thing, I just don't think this should be their main focus at the moment.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited August 2015
    *Sarcasm mode on* Isn't this new EP just what we've all been begging EA for ... after all our poor neglected YA stage hasn't a thing to do and no chance of getting together with friends if they don't release this EP *Sarcasm mode off*
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimmerDiabolicalSimmer Posts: 84 Member
    Nothing is as embarrassing and shameful as Katy Perry's sweet treats.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    The way they announced it left me speechless...
    I was embarrassed for them.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    No...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I can't disagree on the way it was announced, but it was entertaining. the actual trailer was cool, but before and after the trailer would funny.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats anyone?

Actually not so bad with some creative recoloring. :smile:

And, yes, this was super embarrassing.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    No I dont. If you dont like it, dont buy it. It's simple.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

True.

I was half expecting her to come out singing during the presentation as the big surprise.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    Get To Work...Get Together...what's next? Get A Room (catloverplayer would love that one)? Get A Life?

I'm sorry, but Sims 4 beats Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. That was just a stuff pack I gladly didn't buy. Howver, having a series start with a blow and go downhill from there is....well it's not promising for the franchise's future.

EDIT: typo

This was absolutely hilarious xD "Get a Room" EP now with vibrating beds in the shape of hearts.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

I actually like that stuff pack, so I don't agree there.

You like it = it's perfect and not babyish or embarrassing at all
    You don't like it = it's awful, babyish and embarrassing even if it's something really stupid

^ I state it all here ^
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    EJosefinaEJosefina Posts: 37 Member
    I just find the TS4 EP and DLC format extremely underwhelming and shallow thus far. As far as we know contentwise for Get Together, there has been little to no effort in actually EXPANDING gameplay. Is there anything new at all gameplay-wise? Anything that fleshes out the gaming experience or has potential for storytelling? All I can see is minor interactions, atmosphere and some half-hearted new esthetics with the new town. Embarrasing? The effort and lackluster 'creativity' no doubt about it.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I can't disagree on the way it was announced, but it was entertaining. the actual trailer was cool, but before and after the trailer would funny.

Where can I see the before and after of the trailer ?

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    The content is good, they way the announced it could have been better. I mean the dancing was cringey but I sort of got into it after a while plus it's fun and weird which is what the sims is right?
  • Options
    Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
    I would have loved this to come with an University expansion and toddlers, why can't they just give us what we want? not even supernatural stuff....looks boring as hell.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    That announcement...lol
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    No I dont. If you dont like it, dont buy it. It's simple.

It not that. It's just toddlers or pets.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2015
    MaryJos wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Where can I see the before and after of the trailer ?

Twitch Brodcast
    http://www.twitch.tv/ea/v/9771592

I think it could have been worse, do Miley Cyrus Expansion to introduce toddlers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Both the game play (at least what was presented this far) and the announcement is embarrassing. And offending.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    That "dance party" was... wow... I became red with embarrassment and I'm here behind a screen.
    original.gif
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    No, I don't. Remember Simport?
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    So its not toddlers and pets so that makes it bad? It looks cool to me and it adds swimming in something other than pools and more places to go and do stuff. I will reserve judgement until there is more to go on but what I see so far isn't bad or embarrassing.

No it's not bad because the lack of specifically toddlers or pest. It's bad because it is missing something greater, which could have been toddlers, or pets, or university, or weather or at least apartments. Apartments would have fit great to the young adult focus. Having roommates, penthouses for parties, simply a real city feel among the clubs and discos at the park.. It could have all the party it wants (although there is enough of that in my opinion) but it still could have given a bit more range and satisfaction for other type of players.

Or like owning a real restaurant where sims actually could eat food and not simply buy and put them in the inventory (which is confirmed to be the case, just like in GTW). Having dates at the restaurants and make funny new interactions like running out without paying, new proposing by putting the ring in the cake and so on... Like a little more hot date added to the clubbing.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below