Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you agree that "Get Together" is the most embarrassing thing The Sims has ever announced?

Title says it all.
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    More like the content... which I don't find embarrassing at all, is the way it's been announced.

That dance lol (I'll have nightmares because of it)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    Looks like more of the same to me.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats anyone?

I actually like that stuff pack, so I don't agree there.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Title says it all.

Heck no, not even comparably bad to the idiocy that was the sweet treats pack
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I don't see why it's different from so many other expansion packs. It looks fun
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes, it it. And the fact that they used a world from the online game in the EP just says they were either rush or didn't have the funds to make an actual work for going out partying at night.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I think you misspelled toddlers >:)
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats anyone?

Baring in mind I have yet to see the trailer / presentation beyond the gifs I've seen people post here...
    I'd say it's about on the same level as the Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack.

Kill it. Kill it with fire.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No I truly don't see the problem.
    Of course the first time I'm excited for a pack, everyone else is disappointed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Yes, it it. And the fact that they used a world from the online game in the EP just says they were either rush or didn't have the funds to make an actual work for going out partying at night.

It reminds me of how they used the Willow Creek neighborhood layouts to build Newcrest! lol
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    No. Living in the uk I like the new building items, beach and historical aspects.

I think EA is starting to think about pleasing other countries Simmers like uk, Australia and South America with wallpapers, beaches, raves, etc., etc. It is too USA oriented at the moment.

I would like them to add some Chinese and Japanese stuff too in the future. eg roofs!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No, I don't think the EP is embarassing at all.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats was embarassing to me. (I didn't wanted it, but I don't think I would even have the courage to go to a store and buy it).

That presentation tough, that was embarassing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Besides Katy Perry's Sweet Hot Mess, but I think it's how they announced it, though. That whole presentation was...well, ya know. The ep for me was a meh. I can basically go into my previous games and have the exact same things with, probably, more interactions. Heck, I can even create a neighborhood similar to the new one.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    So its not toddlers and pets so that makes it bad? It looks cool to me and it adds swimming in something other than pools and more places to go and do stuff. I will reserve judgement until there is more to go on but what I see so far isn't bad or embarrassing.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No, I don't think the EP is embarassing at all.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats was embarassing to me. (I didn't wanted it, but I don't think I would even have the courage to go to a store and buy it).

That presentation tough, that was embarassing.

I bought it as a matter of course as I bought everything then! I didn't realise how awful it was and never used anything in it. :/
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    No.. the EP is a mess of confusion with different features that should not go together.. and a missed opportunity for some great european inspired things.

The presentation though.. that was embarrassing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    More like the content... which I don't find embarrassing at all, is the way it's been announced.

That dance lol (I'll have nightmares because of it)

I don't expect super cool from upper corp types doing PR. Lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,085 Member
    No.
    I don't.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Astro wrote: »

It reminds me of how they used the Willow Creek neighborhood layouts to build Newcrest! lol
    I see a pattern here!
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited August 2015
    Get To Work...Get Together...what's next? Get A Room (catloverplayer would love that one)? Get A Life?

I'm sorry, but Sims 4 beats Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. That was just a stuff pack I gladly didn't buy. Howver, having a series start with a blow and go downhill from there is....well it's not promising for the franchise's future.

EDIT: typo
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Karma wrote: »
    Get To Work...Get Together...what's next? Get A Room (catloverplayer would love that one)? Get A Life?

I'm sorry, but Sims 4 beats Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. That was just a stuff back I gladly didn't buy. Howver, having a series start with a blow and go downhill from there is....well it's not promising for the franchise's future.
    Get to Bed. :/
    Get to Party
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Short answer: No.
  • Options
    SoJazzySoJazzy Posts: 611 Member
    The Ep itself is not embarrassing, rather it's the presentation. Seeing the trailer made me excited, seeing the price tells me i'm not buying it.
    Still have two more years of high school, wish me luck!