Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Unfug013 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,
    I was following this a few weeks and i think its a very cool an fun challenge. So now im tried it myself and want your feedback :smiley:
    I hope you can forgive my very bad English Skills.
    I tried to link the gallery link and the photos but it says i have to be longer around the forum, can anyone tell me how long this needs...or can i hand in otherwise my links?

Welcome to the challenge! You can just post the link here, but you can separate the http link like this: (ht tp) for the gallery and the images so that we can fix it up for you. :)
  • Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    Edited, thanks pronterus. :)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello everybody,
    I was following this a few weeks and i think its a very cool an fun challenge. So now im tried it myself and want your feedback :smiley:
    I tried to link the gallery link and the photos but it says i have to be longer around the forum, can anyone tell me how long this needs...or can i hand in otherwise my links?

Under Renovation: Challenge 8
    Origin ID: Unfug13
    Forum ID: Unfug013
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/735F11BB37CE11E5807DD96F4F9AE966?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Apartment Interleaves&max=25
    Name of your build: Apartment Interleaves
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload:322.363$
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes of course :smile:

The hardest Thing on this Challenge was to select 5 Photos for this Thread but...i think i chosen the right ones :smiley:

22695466te.jpg
    22695467tz.jpg
    22695468ws.jpg
    22695469xp.jpg
    22695470wv.jpg

The Apartment Interleaves came with 8 seperate Apartments, there are 4 larger Apartments and 4 smaller Ones. All Apartments have a seperate Bathroom, a Bedroom and a Balcony. The larger Apartments have a Entrance too. In the ground floor are a Swimming pool, a Gym and Toilets and Bathrooms for Men and for Women. (I have only the Basegame, but you could change a little bit and make it to a Spa too.)
    The Apartments are all unique and specalized for some Sims I created, only the Bathrooms and the Walls are identically. (Halfwalls doesnt count :smiley: ) I wanted to show different styles how You could use the seperate Apartments or simple pick the one or two u like the most.

I had so much fun renovating, thank you for this :smile:

Done :) Your build looks great!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,647 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello everybody,

Under Renovation: Challenge 8
    Origin ID: Unfug13
    Forum ID: Unfug013
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/735F11BB37CE11E5807DD96F4F9AE966?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Apartment Interleaves&max=25
    Name of your build: Apartment Interleaves
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload:322.363$
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes of course :smile:

The hardest Thing on this Challenge was to select 5 Photos for this Thread but...i think i chosen the right ones :smiley:

22695466te.jpg

22695467tz.jpg

22695469xp.jpg

22695470wv.jpg
    22695468ws.jpg

The Apartment Interleaves came with 8 seperate Apartments, there are 4 larger Apartments and 4 smaller Ones. All Apartments have a seperate Bathroom, a Bedroom and a Balcony. The larger Apartments have a Entrance too. In the ground floor are a Swimming pool, a Gym and Toilets and Bathrooms for Men and for Women. (I have only the Basegame, but you could change a little bit and make it to a Spa too.)
    The Apartments are all unique and specalized for some Sims I created, only the Bathrooms and the Walls are identically. (Halfwalls doesnt count :smiley: ) I wanted to show different styles how You could use the seperate Apartments or simple pick the one or two u like the most.

I had so much fun renovating, thank you for this :smile:

Here are the pictures of your build :) I will post about the build soon. Welcome to the challenge thread ! :)
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Wow!!! EVERYONE'S apartments are SO amazing, good luck judging. :)
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Thank you all, im so nervous about this x.x i dont know why... I cant wait to see someone gives feedback so i refresh this site every 1-2 minutes xD thats not normal isnt it? I have to sleep now, hopefully i can ...
  • Options
    Apartment Interleaves is a very nice build! @Unfug013 :) The exterior design of the building is very nice! Very nice black and white colour scheme of the exterior! It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the build! The placement of the windows looks very nice, with sims enjoying very nice view of the outdoors whilst inside. The trees look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the front pathway! Very nice balconies! Sims will enjoy cooking meals outdoors on the BBQ or having a drink from the bar counter, enjoying the outdoors air. Nice sitting areas for sims to rest and enjoy the outdoors views. Very nice open plan kitchen, living and dining room in one of the apartments. The fruit, flowers and family photos on the dining nook wall are very nice for sims to look at whilst they are enjoying eating their meal at the table. Nice corner sofa and armchair sitting and chatting nook. The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. The living room area with the pink coloured sofa and armchair is very pretty! The colour scheme and wall pattern is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a read of a book from the bookcase. The red flowers, drinks bucket and tissues are nice touches on the coffee table. The flowers there and on the dining table are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The candles light adds to the nice look of the room. The brick texture of the walls of another of the apartments looks great! The pictures on the walls suit the theme of the apartment. It is nice that have an area there where the sims can enjoy playing the guitar or do comedy routines. The music themed wall pictures complement with the area. Nice vanity table corner nook in the bedroom. The starry mirror looks nice on the wall. It looks very nice how you have furnished each of the apartments differently.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Welcome @Unfug013! You've done a great job with your build! Lol it's normal to do that, but try not to stress and have fun building :)
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    "Closing date: 7th July 2015,Midnight, South African time. "

are u sure about this?
    The new Challenge sounds really nice, and the House itself looks really good.
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    This weeks challenge is going to be interesting.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Really beautiful home zita!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Zita1966z Hey, you...did you get any inspiration from my RL? LOL! ;) LOVE this challenge! (Um...I'd LOVE to redo your sim study to look like my RL one...hmmm...)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited August 2015

are u sure about this?

@Unfug013 Thank for pointing it out - I have edited the date on page one The closing date is 7th August 2015 (SA Midnight) :) This is what happens when I try to post a challenge 2o'clock in the morning when I'm suppose to be sleeping. lol lol <3

@kamb1403 Thank you and looking forward to see what you have cooked up for my house <3

@pammiechick That would be great and then we can also see where you sim 24/7 lol. This was originally challenge 11 that I swapped with the original challenge 9 because of our themes being similar lol lol. <3 Looking forward to see my new sim study and btw how is your RL renovation coming on?, suppose I'll see at least the study now lol :)
  • Options
    I added a shell build for Under Renovation 9 on the gallery. You may choose either the furnished or shell to renovate. Up to u!
    Link:
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7271E725384411E58897D96F4F9AE966
  • Options
    KurtisBallingerKurtisBallinger Posts: 28 New Member
    Hmm.... Challenge 9 seems quite tough! I think I'll skip this one..... Plus I'll have to leave for 2 weeks in a couple of days. Very beautiful house @Zita1966z! I'm sure there will be some gorgeous entries. :)
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I know I said I'd be back for Challenge 8, and although I actually was, I didn't take part in it as I'd originally planned. I've been having second thoughts about my participation in this series of challenges. I have a Master's degree in architecture, and I've basically spent the last twelve years doing Challenge 8 in real life; I can't shake the feeling that it's unfair and unethical for me to participate in a competition-style challenge, with such a background.

On the other hand, those "advantages" haven't automatically won me first place; perhaps I could say that they've given me a headstart, and that is all. Sim-building involves a number of concerns that real-life building does not: it puts a greater emphasis on interior design, and on cluttering up the living space to make it look lived-in. My particular work has not exposed me to a lot of exterior design, either: I'm primarily a "room layout" guy. And then there are the tools and techniques, which have nothing to do with architecture and everything to do with mastery of a specific 3D rendering software which isn't used in my work. So maybe it's okay after all...?

At the very least, I should be (or should have been) honest and upfront about this. I'll leave it up to you guys: should I continue taking part here? Or should I restrict myself to non-competition challenges?
  • Options
    Xinqun wrote: »
    I know I said I'd be back for Challenge 8, and although I actually was, I didn't take part in it as I'd originally planned. I've been having second thoughts about my participation in this series of challenges. I have a Master's degree in architecture, and I've basically spent the last twelve years doing Challenge 8 in real life; I can't shake the feeling that it's unfair and unethical for me to participate in a competition-style challenge, with such a background.

On the other hand, those "advantages" haven't automatically won me first place; perhaps I could say that they've given me a headstart, and that is all. Sim-building involves a number of concerns that real-life building does not: it puts a greater emphasis on interior design, and on cluttering up the living space to make it look lived-in. My particular work has not exposed me to a lot of exterior design, either: I'm primarily a "room layout" guy. And then there are the tools and techniques, which have nothing to do with architecture and everything to do with mastery of a specific 3D rendering software which isn't used in my work. So maybe it's okay after all...?

At the very least, I should be (or should have been) honest and upfront about this. I'll leave it up to you guys: should I continue taking part here? Or should I restrict myself to non-competition challenges?

@Xinqun Thank you for your post. :)Off course you should continue, the whole purpose eventually is to come together as a community and enjoy each others creations. Ultimately it is your decision and we hope to see you wow us again with your creations. :) The door at Under Renovation is always open <3
  • Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »

are u sure about this?

@Unfug013 Thank for pointing it out - I have edited the date on page one The closing date is 7th August 2015 (SA Midnight) :) This is what happens when I try to post a challenge 2o'clock in the morning when I'm suppose to be sleeping. lol lol <3

@kamb1403 Thank you and looking forward to see what you have cooked up for my house <3

@pammiechick That would be great and then we can also see where you sim 24/7 lol. This was originally challenge 11 that I swapped with the original challenge 9 because of our themes being similar lol lol. <3 Looking forward to see my new sim study and btw how is your RL renovation coming on?, suppose I'll see at least the study now lol :)

Still working on it...it's been painted, furniture ordered, shopping for more decorations, so it's a mess right now. BUT I'll have yours finished before mine. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I took a look at the challenge and I've gone in-game to get the house but I only have the base game with no game/stuff packs and well items are getting replaced and I have no idea what's being replaced...Would it be possible for a base game version? or will points not get taken off for having these missing items?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Xinqun wrote: »

I wish you would participate. That's like me saying since I'm a professional writer, I shouldn't participate in the sims writing contest. And I'm so glad I did!

I WANT to see your talent (as a bystander here). I know I'm lacking in design, but I learn so much from everyone here and that's how I grow. That's how we all get better by watching masters! (And sometimes it's a matter of taste, too). I know in my own challenge (4Sims4 Builder's Contest), you may not be at an advantage because we look more for gameplay and creativity than just merely a pretty, perfect structure. I think it would stretch you as well. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I took a look at the challenge and I've gone in-game to get the house but I only have the base game with no game/stuff packs and well items are getting replaced and I have no idea what's being replaced...Would it be possible for a base game version? or will points not get taken off for having these missing items?

Hi @cmbaker16 On page 1 is a link to an empty shell of the build. It can also be found on #underrenovation9 in the sims gallery. You can replace the windows and doors by ones of your choice. Good luck and excited to see what you do. <3
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    1HEZcGu.jpg
    The results for Challenge 8 has been posted. Here is the link:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838925/winners-under-renovation-challenge-8-results-up/p1

and..here are the final 10 entries Great job guys! :)
    8qLNExC.jpg

Sdn8eE8.png

qbE4wR6.png

cw9wq9A.png

6nMHtoP.png

SNfPAzV.png

taXmBjr.png

y0Sesko.png

KdSzGnt.png

gJupvGf.png

jZ9VJE7.png
    Post edited by Zita1966z on