Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible new Stuff pack - Cool Kitchen.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I'm excited as I love designing kitchens for my Sims.
    But, there is a but. The least I expect from this pack is to bring back dishwashers and trash compactors that fit in the kitchen modules. If this is not coming now...I don't think I'll be buying straight away.

It would be great if they add mini fridges, separated oven and hobs, a juicer and some new harvestables.

Edit: Even if I think the dishwashers should have been in base game, now it is what it is and I accepted that we will be paying for it. It's EA after all.

i wont pay for it, only dishwashers... hope they fix routing for washing plates at least and dont forces us to buy cool kitchen to solve the problem
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm waiting to hear what excuse they're going to give for not including either dish washers or trash compactors or both into this alleged stuff pack. Color me cynical, but it would not surprise me one bit if all we got was some redesigned shelves, cabinets and tables and chairs, but no major new content.

I know there are people who are going to defend Maxis anyway if this pack comes out and it doesn't include this content, but fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

Now, go on, prove me wrong, Sims Studios, please...prove me wrong....because there's really no logical reason why it's taken you so long to put these two items back in the game....except to sell it back to customers, whom you know good and well will accept this practice.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    the stuff pks seem to have a lot of stuff in them, so a kitchen pk would be nice with a lot of kitchen things, like toasters, waffles maker, dishwasher, trash compactor and more. ice cream maker, blender for smoothies etc.
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    TS4 Collectors + GTW + Bundle1 + Bundle2 = Complete TS4 Collection!

The actual reason I don't buy the GP and SPs are that they are not in physical copy. Physical boxes with codes sound fine to me, but my internet says otherwise..

I want it to be released in disc form though...
    I'm back!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    So I just came from Simsvip and saw an article saying Amazon had a bundle of Sims 4, including "Outdoor Retreat & Cool Kitchen".

Pretty interesting, mostly because whenever something like this happens, shortly after we hear something official. Ofcourse for now it's pure speculation!

I do have a question for you! Are you interested in this Cool Kitchen pack, if you are what would you like to see in this possibly new Stuff pack?

No, I am not interested in base game objects like dishwashers being sold to me for extra. When the premium price of the base game was too high compared to what it offers in base game in content. Disclaimer: My Opinion.

ETA: Unless you are unaware, Buffet Tables, Hot tubs, Dishwashers, Pool Tables, Diving Boards etc. etc..
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I'm hoping they do pack that focuses on kitchens as well as baths.
    Let's see what they plan on including in this one, if it's true.
    So far I'm very pleased with the SP they've put together.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Hey fellow Simmers. Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a hot minute with working 60 hour weeks I finally have 3 days off, woo! I just found out about the possibility of this speculated stuff pack and I must say I'm all for it. So far I'm absolutely loving the new content they've been throwing at us, which IMO I prefer over the store. Perfect Patio and Luxury Party was definitely something I needed to complete my homes, which I do use the Perfect Patio more than the Luxury when it comes to completing spaces. The only thing I use out of Luxury Party are those awesome curtains they gave us; I mainly use Luxury Party for CAS.

I think Cool Kitchen (which hopefully it'll have a better name: Classic Kitchens) will be exactly what the community needs to have a more complete kitchen. My kitchens always look so bland and commercial. Perhaps I need to be more creative and that's the issue I'm having with my kitchens. What I'm hoping for is a cooktop stove so we can have real cooktops on our island counters. My islands look horrible when I stick a range oven in the middle of it. I have a cooktop at home that my husband uses all the time; I play as us in The Sims so I try to recreate our living environment- I know, so freaking weird, but HEY- being weird is being awesome.

We definitely need dishwashers and trash compactors (BUT that should be patched in just for those who don't want to buy stuff packs they can still have base game classics in their game).

Cooktops like I just said.

Wall ovens. We've never had functioning wall ovens in the game. I really feel that wall oven units whether it's one or double-stacked wall oven units would really compliment a chef's kitchen.

Appliances- mixers/blenders, processors, toasters, wine cooler, slow cooker, double-refrigerators with ice dispenser.

Islands that have a height adjuster. I love islands that have the prep/cook area on a lower level then the seating island. If anyone understands where I'm getting at maybe you can explain it in better terms.

I'm sure some of things I'm hoping for won't make it into the stuff pack, but I'm definitely hoping we get at least dishwashers, trash compactors, cooktops, and small kitchen appliances like the blender, food processor and toaster.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    @xBob18 Your post was worth a good laugh. I'm not a big fan of the name "Cool Kitchen", i'm just hoping "Pretty Porches" isn't next.

Despite this, I enjoyed the Perfect Patio and Luxury Party stuff packs. They were very well put together and brought new features to classics like the hot tub. I'm hoping for them to patch in some kitchen appliances (compactors and dishwashers) and add new ones (juicers, blenders, brick ovens, and fryers) because I have to admit it's not worth it for dishwashers. This doesn't seem like it's going to be a big CAS filled pack, mostly Build which I'm completely fine with. I'm ready for a "Teen Dream" and "Child's Play" Stuff Pack. As much as I enjoy Young Adults, it's time to give the younger life stages the spotlight.

Edit: A Steamer and a Crockpot would be incredible! Even a waffle maker or a toaster oven!
    They should've named it 'Kool Kitchens'.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    me yes and i expect to see dishwashers in this new sp

I don't. Unless they give us a dishwasher for free to all in a patch following the Stuff Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Obviously, they're running out of names.

They should start a competition for expansion/game and stuff packs names!

IKR!!?

"Cool Kitchen"? I mean camon...xD

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Obviously, they're running out of names.

They should start a competition for expansion/game and stuff packs names!

IKR!!?

"Cool Kitchen"? I mean camon...xD
    'Kitchen Klutter'
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    what would you like to see in this possibly new Stuff pack?
    I would like to see EA's promise that it's the last stuffpack ever and instead of spamming the community with more of those they'll focus on making patches and expansions.
    Well that's not going to happen. Since Stuff packs obviously replaced the Store and they want to keep making money, which is logical.

I was just asking, besides a large pack of the community likes new content.
    Wait... To you it's logical leave the game in a broken state but continue to milk fans?
    Sorry man, to me that's far from logical. Lightyears away.

Personal attack. That's against forums rules. @SimStaffBethelle

He didn't say anything offensive to the user...
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm actually excited for Cool Kitchen Stuff I hope they do one for each part of the houses or maybe make a Daily Living Stuff Pack.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    I am also a clutter gal :) .... I would really like to see table cloths. And with a wide variety of patterns and solids. From quaint to modern. Would love love love it. Def new counters with all matching the new SP and all the other colors we have. I love to mix and match so patterns and solids that go together are a must for me. And someone mentioned curtains its really sad, but we need more variety with colors that mix together.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have to admit a stuffpack commited to just kitchens doesn't sound exciting even if it does come with the ice cream maker and deep fryer. I'll buy it but it probebly won't have the wow factor for me like Perfect Patio did.

Now give us a bathroom,bedroom,wedding and holiday stuffpack and you have me excited.
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to hear what excuse they're going to give for not including either dish washers or trash compactors or both into this alleged stuff pack. Color me cynical, but it would not surprise me one bit if all we got was some redesigned shelves, cabinets and tables and chairs, but no major new content.

I know there are people who are going to defend Maxis anyway if this pack comes out and it doesn't include this content, but fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

Now, go on, prove me wrong, Sims Studios, please...prove me wrong....because there's really no logical reason why it's taken you so long to put these two items back in the game....except to sell it back to customers, whom you know good and well will accept this practice.
    I think the pc might be the ice cream maker,deep fryer and or blender however a dishwasher could still be included. I"d love to have one.
  • Options
    And by the way I wonder if this stuffpack will come with new lots since they gave us the update. Stuffpacks in TS3 came with new lots. I kind of hope it does.