Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Join in the fun with #SimSummer!

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    qtnikki wrote: »
    I see The Sims are going to make me go out and get on Twitter and Instagram. Which one is the least invasive of the two?
    I don't know which one is the least invasive. They pretty much seem to be the same when it comes to that. :/

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Hello Everyone!

You might have seen our blog this week talking about #SimSummer, the way we’re celebrating a summer spent playing The Sims 4.

Each week will have a different theme, and we would love for you to share your screenshots on either Twitter or Instagram to see what YOUR Sims are up to.

Remember to keep an eye for an announcement about each theme (I will be sharing what the themes are each week here) and to share your image with the hashtag #SimSummer. If you tag a #SimSummer picture on Instagram or Twitter, you could get* some #SimSummer goodies, complete with a The Sims 4 towel, sunglasses, water bottle, and lanyard!
    Prizes.jpg

*Respect the rights of others. Provide only content (1) that is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent, (2) that is not confidential or proprietary and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights. By providing, you grant EA all licenses needed to enable EA's use of the content for any purpose. EA's Terms of Service apply.

THEMES:

WEEK 1: Tag pics of your Sim kids outside

Sorry, but I am not doing any free advertising for EA or Maxis.

I will not be posting anything on my personal Facebook account that may promote this broken game.

Yes, I like the game but it has problems that are being ignored by EA and Maxis. I am not falling for this hogwash just like I did not participate in the woohoo weekend challenge.

I gave EA and Maxis money so I can play a game. I made a purchase but this is not a life simulation game.

Where's the fidelity in the simulated marriage? This game mocks fidelity and promotes infidelity to teens. The romance system in this game is messed up.

Also, it's about time simmers get answers to their questions. It's time that the bugs that have plagued this game from day one get attention. All I do is buy, buy and buy again hoping that bugs get fixed and now I am being asked to advertise this broken game. Nope it is not going to work on me!

The rotational game play is impossible because of infidelity and the family aspects of the game are tossed aside and replaced with luxury parties and relaxation. I am not a teen. I am an older loyal Sims fan who wants to play a life simulation game without all the teen related content. I don't want dates and time of releases. I just want to know where this game is heading. Adult players have a right to know if this game is staying geared for teens or what?

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2015
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Where's the fidelity in the simulated marriage? This game mocks fidelity and promotes infidelity to teens. The romance system in this game is messed up.

Because no adults cheat on their partners nowadays, that would be silly.
    In all my gaming, my couples have never autonomously flirted with anybody else (hell, I even have 3 other adults within the same household). And why do you think this will teach teenagers that infidelity is good...? Teenagers find stuff by themselves, there is no evidence that games like this teach such behaviour. You know nothing (Jon Snow).

Now, I am going to get my sims back to the pool , and enjoy some "juice" made at the bar.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Simsummer is very cool!
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

Because no adults cheat on their partners nowadays, that would be silly.
    In all my gaming, my couples have never autonomously flirted with anybody else (hell, I even have 3 other adults within the same household). And why do you think this will teach teenagers that infidelity is good...? Teenagers find stuff by themselves, there is no evidence that games like this teach such behaviour. You know nothing (Jon Snow).

Now, I am going to get my sims back to the pool , and enjoy some "juice" made at the bar.

Sure, cheating happens, but it doesn't happen to 90% of couples. Unlike the current Sim situation. There needs to be a "loyal" or "unflirty" or "faithful" trait so that Sims with that trait would never cheat. Also, there needs to be some distinction between sims that a sim might have a distant crush on (but don't act on that crush), vs in a romantic relationship with. Married couples and engaged couples who are totally faithful to each other still find others outside that relationship attractive, but that doesn't mean they will pursue a relationship outside their main one. Maybe a sim with the loyal or faithful trait could get an uncomfortable moodlet when the romantic bar reaches a certain point with a sim outside the main relationship (which already would have a full romantic bar).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    michalanhrmichalanhr Posts: 47 New Member
    You posted my pic!! do I get the prizes?
  • Options
    SmurfyDjSmurfyDj Posts: 37 Member
    I would love to take part in this! I can't wait!
    Follow Me on Tumblr: DJ-Simmers
    Follow Me on Twitter: DJ_Summers1999
  • Options
    xSims4everxSims4ever Posts: 44 Member
    Is the theme still kids, or is it something else?
    Gallery ID: xSims4Ever
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBH3-hCFM7aKynOWkPqF9rQ
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KatverseKatverse Posts: 238 Member
    Love is in the air <3

CKOhMouWcAQNiyS.jpg:large
    Origin ID: katverse
  • Options
    Ah dang it, why does it have to be wedding week.
    Well, on the plus side, Liberty Lee and Jonah (thingy) may well have to tie the knot now.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hey Ellen does the Sims - LOL

Cool - click on the babies picture and it will take you to Ellens twitter page and more people doing Spa Day - Sims - etc. Pretty darn cool as I love Ellen D. So I think it is cool.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited July 2015
    My Simself and his girlfriend having some Summer Fun at the pool
    07-10-15_12-42nbspAM.png~original

07-10-15_12-43nbspAM.png~original

07-10-15_12-43nbspAM-2.png~original

07-10-15_12-45nbspAM.png~original

07-10-15_12-45nbspAM-2.png~original

07-10-15_12-44nbspAM.png~original

07-10-15_12-48nbspAM.png~original

07-10-15_12-47nbspAM.png~original

• Options
    Simguru Drake

I enjoy threads yall make like this and hope you will continue to. In the future I d like to see yall do threads like this for Halloween, Christmas etc.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's pretty cool it is a new theme each week. Enjoy the wedding theme those with a Twitter account.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    That's pretty cool it is a new theme each week. Enjoy the wedding theme those with a Twitter account.

I didn't know it was now a weddings theme.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

The Sims on twitter updates the theme each weekend.
  • Options

Oh well I'm behind then.
  • Options
    MattyMatty Posts: 113 Member
    whats the theme this week?

6433549e000fa024e66df56c1a82cca2.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    Since it is still summer, fun mod that Simmers can use if they want to do summer pictures or beach wedding still:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=493c50aec6b3b9a1&amp;id=493C50AEC6B3B9A1!1293&amp;ithint=file,package&amp;authkey=!AGYK-i0qUquSR1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9zTlaDCB4
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    rockinsimmerrockinsimmer Posts: 69 Member
    happy summer! SetWidth2000-Kiama-Events-Easts-Beach-PB.jpg
    i love the sims! latest?cb=20130805025749
  • Options
    lostmytardis_lostmytardis_ Posts: 33 Member
    Cool I'm gonna post some
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Does everyone who's picture gets blogged about get those prizes?
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My sim Diana spending her summer outside catching up on summer reading XD
    artac.jpg
    1FKDfKj.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top