Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Join in the fun with #SimSummer!

Comments

• Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2015
    I for one do not use facebook, instagram, or tweeter. I gave up on facebook 5 years ago only after a few months of use because I don't have this need to share every instance of my life nor do I want to see every instance of someones life. I still do not understand why everyone is so obsessed about everyone knowing everything that everyone does, or why so many have this need to share every miniscule moment...it isn't healthy.

SimGuruDrake I think everyone is just asking that all contest be done fairly across the board :)

“Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    MsPhy wrote: »

Some people would question why the social team does not include the forum in its plans. I realize the concept of a forum is a bit outdated, but is it not still a form of social media, and the primary forum used for The Sims community for the last 15 years? (I know, Sims 1 and 2 were BBS-style compared to Sims 3 and 4 forum style, but it's all social media).

The forums do not fall under the social team just as social media doesn't fall under my duties. But I can inquire about working more closely with them on fun things like this so the forums can be included ( @PHOEBESMOM601 ). I think showing them that you do want to participate in things they do helps (I have seen the thread by @simgirl1010 and I am loving some of the pictures so far!).
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope you don't stop posting contests on forums. It was sweet of you to do. I'll try to explain it the best way I can. People are not upset that contests are done on social media. It's more like they are upset all the news and contests and everything seems to be on social media sites only. Like news about anything Sim related seems to be posted on Twitter before it reaches the news sections on the Sims site or Sims forums. So it makes it feel like why even bother having forums at all if Maxis never uses it? Basically no one wants to feel excluded and not everyone has social media accounts or would like to keep their privacy. Like I have a Facebook account but I won't leave a comment from it on the Sims page. I keep my contact usually to private message only because as much as I like the Sim community, I don't want everyone knowing my real name. It's like is there a way to have contests while keeping our privacy sometimes in addition to the contests that are already going on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.? But please don't keep silent. Anyway I hope this explains it well. I do think it was cool Simmers are setting up threads in forums to post in. I remember there was a Haiku contest going on Twitter and SimGuruChick used a usermade Haiku contest thread that greenXen made on forums and shared the poems on the main site. No contest or winning but it was really smart how she handled it. It something like that could be done again, it would be really cool.

This I can definitely look into. I understand wanting to keep things separated for privacy reasons and I know the wonderful screenshots that members in here can produce. I have also looked at the thread related to this and I have seen some amazing things, though some of the posts aren't sticking with the theme but I am seeing some amazing builds in there (that beach house by @wyn is GORGEOUS!)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @SimGuruDrake let me try to explain this to you-some of your simmers are unable due to their private lives-professional jobs, family matters etc to participate on your 'social media accounts' and the forums are meant to be on the Official site.

By making them social media only you are excluding people who value their privacy on social media-and people feel that they deserve the opportunity to enter and not have to follow a bunch of social media which is intrusive in their personal lives.

You work in a professional job-some bosses take a look at what their employees do online, rightly or wrongly, and they wouldn't be impressed with seeing 'sims' on people's accounts. That is the reality.

Not only that but people like their forum accounts and their identities here. They value that and they want the opportunity to access the contests and prizes without exposing themselves to a load of privacy issues.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Wow! That's some serious snark from someone who is supposed to communicate with users in a positive manner.

Here is a little idea to take to the "Social Media Team". First, public forums are a form of social media. Second, you're selling a product. The idea behind these things is to get us to play the game and buy additional content. Excluding an entire population of users (and then snarking at them when they protest being excluded) is probably not the best way to get us to play and buy. So in the future make "inclusive" your mantra. How hard would it have been to include the forums and just say, "New users, you can participate too! Just post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!" TaDa! Happiness all around!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am so disappointed by the answer as to why forum members are not included in this contest. If EA/Maxis want to exclude us from it's contests, etc., maybe they also do not want us as customers any longer.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2015
    Some of us do have Facebook and Twitter accounts. We simply choose not to use them to participate in Sims related things due to privacy issues. On the other hand, since the Dev team is upset by the lukewarm reception of the fanbase towards The Sims 4, so much so that they prefer to hang out on Twitter and other social media...maybe they should consider closing down the Sims 4 General Discussion and Feeback sections of the forum and only keep the Creative Corner sections open as well as the Sims 3 and Sims 2 sections open along with the other sections such as the Off Topic one.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Some of us do have Facebook and Twitter accounts. We simply choose not to use them to participate in Sims related things due to privacy issues. On the other hand, since the Dev team is upset by the lukewarm reception of the fanbase towards The Sims 4, so much so that they prefer to hang out on Twitter and other social media...maybe they should consider closing down the Sims 4 General Discussion and Feeback sections of the forum and only keep the Creative Corner sections open as well as the Sims 3 and Sims 2 sections open along with the other sections such as the Off Topic one.

That would surely cut down on the controversial topics.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I can't agree with Feedback being deleted that would mean the end of Sparkfairys beautiful topic.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This I can definitely look into. I understand wanting to keep things separated for privacy reasons and I know the wonderful screenshots that members in here can produce. I have also looked at the thread related to this and I have seen some amazing things, though some of the posts aren't sticking with the theme but I am seeing some amazing builds in there (that beach house by @wyn is GORGEOUS!)
    Thanks that would mean a lot. I think communication is key with humans anyway. It is like sometimes it is easier to read Sim's emotions than Simmers' emotions. I mean it is not like we have big texts describing what we are feeling. I have had too many times in forums for example when my boredom is taken the wrong way and the term hater is often dropped. Or like I am a silly person and have a wicked wit so it can be taken the wrong way I guess. I just figure not many know me well especially being new to forums so prejudices can often occur due to human nature. But I will have to check out those houses when I am not as busy with family visiting. I love sharing and viewing others pictures and I hope that those that post on social media link the pictures here since it would be cool to see. A simmer did make a really cool Venice house on the modthesims site. That actually might be fun for me to do is attempt a beach build sometime. Anyway I hope you have a nice week.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    I really like the idea. I think there could be separate versions. A few up for grabs on Twitter, a few up for grabs on Instagram and a few up for grabs here.

There are lots of ways it could be done here too, whether it's by the best comment winning, or best written idea.

I hope no one is excluded, posting notices for the contests taking place elsewhere on here is fine, as long as there is the option for a forum version of the contest too. :)
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    *shrugs* I don't know what the solution is. I have no interest in instagram or twitter. But I never win anything anyway so it doesn't make much difference to me. I think competitions should be announced here as well, even if they exclude us from entering. It's "nicer" than ignoring us altogether. At least we'll know what's going on, even if we aren't able to participate.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    I really like the idea. I think there could be separate versions. A few up for grabs on Twitter, a few up for grabs on Instagram and a few up for grabs here.

There are lots of ways it could be done here too, whether it's by the best comment winning, or best written idea.

I hope no one is excluded, posting notices for the contests taking place elsewhere on here is fine, as long as there is the option for a forum version of the contest too. :)
    Yeah would be nice if no one got excluded. It would be cool to have separate versions. I know it isn't in the job description but mod team could help out with forum contests if possible. It would keep goodwill of the Sims going. I still want people to share their Sims Twitter and Instagram pictures in this thread please and thank you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,089 Member
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

Yeah would be nice if no one got excluded. It would be cool to have separate versions. I know it isn't in the job description but mod team could help out with forum contests if possible. It would keep goodwill of the Sims going. I still want people to share their Sims Twitter and Instagram pictures in this thread please and thank you.

I hope notices still get posted here for contests taking place elsewhere, but I do think there should be one here too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,473 Member
    I'm saving my pics for the Spa Day Gamepack cause that can go with Summer.
  • Options
    Country2778Country2778 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Jarsie9 said:
    > catmando830 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Why can't we post our screen shots here for the contest. I do not twitter or instagram.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because they don't want to come to the forums. Too many people asking too many uncomfortable question. This is just another way of dismissing us forum fans...and cramming their preferences down our throats.
    >
    > "Want to win these lovely things? Then post on Twitter or Instagram! If you don't, oh well, too bad, so sad for you! Get with the program!"
    >
    > In all fairness, there should be a forum contest as well for those people who like taking screenshots but don't want to use social media to compete.
    >
    > Unfair much, SGDrake? I call it discrimination.
    >
    > How many of you agree with me?
    > #forumpostersdon'tmatter
  • Options
    Country2778Country2778 Posts: 9 New Member
    I agree!! I no longer use myspace (wait does anyone) never used Twitter (and don't plan on it) and I closed my facebook page because I figure the people that really matter to me know how to get a hold of me! So it would be nice to be able to get this stuff another way!
  • Options
    Cool pictures and thank you so much for sharing. I think you are the first, so congrats.
  • Options
    RockinSheepRockinSheep Posts: 25 Member
    So cool ^^
  • Options
    mnmxbabiimnmxbabii Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello wonderful creators of The Sims,
    I am not sure any of you will read this since there are thousands and thousands of others' great ideas posted! If you see this, I would be elated!! :#
    I do have a few ideas for the new and awesome, Sims 4. Don't get me wrong, EVERYTHING about the Sims 4 is great! Please keep in mind that your lovely Simmers did enjoy all those wonderful expansions from the Sims 3! So let's not take some of those away... :'(

I enjoyed having the toddlers around, and all those cute toddler stuff! I do miss the bikes and cars; I'm sure I'm not the only one who does!! I know you haven't had the pets since the Sims 2, but I'd definitely give it some thought into putting them into the Sims 4. I surely love what you've done to the sims and how EASY it is to create them!! I would love for you to give us some options. Since you guys have such wonderful ideas on the clothes you would like to add to the games, so does your Simmers who play and create their Sims! So please consider adding the color and design options in the Create the Sims mode.

I ABSOLUTELY love the new "Get to Work" expansion (sorry if not the right title)!! I love how you can join your Sims at work! Very creative and absolutely fun to play in! I would, however, like for you to add a few more jobs to join- even for the teens! It would feel a little more realistic, you could say. Maybe join them to the grocery store, and mall? Maybe even the beach, and surf? Maybe bring back France, or more countries? Possibly add a hotel and have tourist from France visit, or have the sims work there and join them-- or even take a mini vacation there and have a night/stay!! There are so MANY, MANY ideas that I've got roaming in my head! I'm sure that it's very hard creating games and so much ideas to create/add to the game, but I hope you'll consider it!

I would like the celebrities pack to come back, and have a movie theater. Maybe even performers that you can join and watch live- or whatever!
    Bring back the garage and gate entrance to your Build Mode-and also cars as said above. Maybe add some city buses and bus stops!? Or a job to be a City bus driver? Bring the Cab back? Adding them all MIGHT overflow this computer with so much going on in the game, but please consider some of the great ideas that others and I have! We, Simmers, LOVE YOU and enjoy every bits of creations you've made! Keep up the good work and as always, HAPPY SIMMINGS! (Was that correct? lol)
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

-Brittney
  • Options
    BreKurtz11BreKurtz11 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the new pack but I actually have feedback on the game please get back to me on this when you can thanks!
  • Options
    qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    I see The Sims are going to make me go out and get on Twitter and Instagram. Which one is the least invasive of the two?
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top