Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I saw this on the Hello? Gurus? Thread and it pretty much sums up my feelings as the situation stands;
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I don't like the goals, I don't like the constant happiness, I don't like so many things about the game that I actually can't bring myself to play it. I will get as far as opening the game to the main menu before my brain goes "I don't like this game" and I have to turn it off!! The thing is...even if I did get the "things" I wanted like toddlers and interchangeable furniture, I don't know if I would play the game because its very CORE doesn't appeal to me right now.

You know, I haven't even bothered with the GTW stuff. I haven't played the careers, owned a shop - nothing. And I feel no desire to play whatsoever. It doesn't even feel like a Sims game, to me. I made a sim the other day out of sheer boredom and I felt no connection to her. None at all. I ended up deleting the saves and scratch folder and haven't opened the game since - I now sport a whopping 15 hours of gameplay.

--T
    I have to agree.. At this point I am not sure even if toddlers were added that I would go back and play it. Sure, I would give it a try but I honestly don't think it would hold my attention for long. and its basically cause of what you said. I don't like the core of the game. I was expecting for it to be a successor to sims 3 - basically the same open world, same Story progression, etc etc but only better and modified slightly with a few new twists here and there. Not gutted out completely So for now I am back in sims 3 and still haven't fun. There is so many things in Sims 3 i've yet to even do.

I feel like this is the reason that I am so disappointed by TS4 ... I imagined that the reason for a new game engine was so that we would have the same game we have all grown to love but that it would run better. Sad that this isn't the case, I feel like there are so many basic things missing from this one. I hope they can address some of them but I really doubt that this game will ever be what I had hoped it would. Meanwhile, I will join you in TS3 land <3
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Since we're discussing emotions, take a look at this pic someone posted yesterday...
    34tRsH6.png
    As you can see, the sim was bored, tense, and happy from work all at the same time. I thought it was funny, but it shows how flawed the buffs are, which then effect the emotions.

I don't have this problem, but i have another buff related emotions problems. It's like everybody gets their very own emtions bug. I think that shows it can't be very well implemented.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I'm not so sure it's a bug. Why do you think it's a bug, @marcellala? I think each of the emotions has a score and the one that has the highest score is the one that is visible. I'm not sure, but I think I read some where that someone looked at the game files to see the scoring and I didn't think the values they assigned to emotions make much sense. Perhaps this could be the reason they seem so messed up?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm not so sure it's a bug. Why do you think it's a bug, @marcellala? I think each of the emotions has a score and the one that has the highest score is the one that is visible. I'm not sure, but I think I read some where that someone looked at the game files to see the scoring and I didn't think the values they assigned to emotions make much sense. Perhaps this could be the reason they seem so messed up?

1. Normally, you don't get three different buffs from working. They are like school day buffs. One random emotion.
    2. Her mood is bored, but her whim is for tense. The emotion whim normally fits the highest scoring moodlet.

I have a problem where the counter doesn't work properly. You can see pictures over here.
    So, yeah... Enotions are pretty bugged.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    In regards to family play and the use of toddlers, I'll quote myself from another thread.
    Another reason why I can't create the game I want:
    I powered up TS4 just to play CAS. (I was VERY bored, might I add)
    I had been watching Devious Maids & decided to look up some Devious Maids characters in TS4 gallery.
    I found mostly all the DM households. There was just this one in particular couple I wanted to create:
    The Westmores. A husband
    latest?cb=20140404230807
    and a wife
    peris-green-fit-flare-dress-white-back.jpg
    and their toddler son. I mean he was the CUTEST thing ever on Devious Maids.
    tumblr_n8e4fkvHXE1r3qbbmo1_250.gif

It was then that I realized that I couldn't create that cute toddler in my Sims 4 game because there are no toddlers.
    I was forced to create a "child" version of that toddler.

Very disappointing. EA, bring back our TODDLERS!

best-toddler-diapers.jpg
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    i REALLY miss toddlers! :(
    tumblr_n0pmjkvPTl1sqgario5_500.png

Isn't this TS Freeplay? I am so JEALOUS! (Sorry, picture heavy.)

wpid-wp-1415566442716.jpeg
    wpid-wp-1415566480351.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    sims-hobbies-iphone-screenshot02_656x369.jpg?cb=1365796024

A toddler playhouse???
    20140722-120236.jpg?w=820

Sigh. REALLY?! We spend 60-80 bucks on TS4 & TS Freeplay gets toddlers AND awesome family play??? -_____-
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    ...Y'all make me wanna play Freeplay...(not really, but still)
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »

IMG_0047.jpg

A toddler playhouse???

Sigh. REALLY?! We spend 60-80 bucks on TS4 & TS Freeplay gets toddlers AND awesome family play??? -_____-

Urgh. It's beyond depressing :(
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah that's sad. We need toddlers in the sims 4.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    I saw this on the Hello? Gurus? Thread and it pretty much sums up my feelings as the situation stands;
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I don't like the goals, I don't like the constant happiness, I don't like so many things about the game that I actually can't bring myself to play it. I will get as far as opening the game to the main menu before my brain goes "I don't like this game" and I have to turn it off!! The thing is...even if I did get the "things" I wanted like toddlers and interchangeable furniture, I don't know if I would play the game because its very CORE doesn't appeal to me right now.

You know, I haven't even bothered with the GTW stuff. I haven't played the careers, owned a shop - nothing. And I feel no desire to play whatsoever. It doesn't even feel like a Sims game, to me. I made a sim the other day out of sheer boredom and I felt no connection to her. None at all. I ended up deleting the saves and scratch folder and haven't opened the game since - I now sport a whopping 15 hours of gameplay.

--T
    I have to agree.. At this point I am not sure even if toddlers were added that I would go back and play it. Sure, I would give it a try but I honestly don't think it would hold my attention for long. and its basically cause of what you said. I don't like the core of the game. I was expecting for it to be a successor to sims 3 - basically the same open world, same Story progression, etc etc but only better and modified slightly with a few new twists here and there. Not gutted out completely So for now I am back in sims 3 and still haven't fun. There is so many things in Sims 3 i've yet to even do.

This is what I have come to think. I said I would buy it when Toddlers came out. But just like you said its the core of the game I don't like either. Yea toddlers are missing but I wanted an Open World, Cast, Toddlers and so much more for a base at least.

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Someone made a comment a while back about EA catering to the impatient and leaving us patient family play simmers waiting, because we're patient. I've been mulling over that for a day or two and I think it's worth adding that patient people - once they decide that enough is enough - tend to be a lot harder to win back over. Perhaps even impossible.

I feel that I'm well and truly reaching that point. For some months now, the mere thought of starting up TS4 makes me feel... unpleasant. I really want a Sims game that has that "wow factor" not something that makes me feel contaminated when I think about playing it.

Commenting on the game or discussing it or debating it all feels utterly pointless and futile which is why I've been increasingly quiet.

Also, the new loading screen nauseates me. That spinning plumbob :confounded:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Im not a patient person yet EA hasn't listened to me, someone who wants family, But Im sure not patiently waiting. Im getting really frustrated without knowing.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Someone made a comment a while back about EA catering to the impatient and leaving us patient family play simmers waiting, because we're patient. I've been mulling over that for a day or two and I think it's worth adding that patient people - once they decide that enough is enough - tend to be a lot harder to win back over. Perhaps even impossible.

I feel that I'm well and truly reaching that point. For some months now, the mere thought of starting up TS4 makes me feel... unpleasant. I really want a Sims game that has that "wow factor" not something that makes me feel contaminated when I think about playing it.

Commenting on the game or discussing it or debating it all feels utterly pointless and futile which is why I've been increasingly quiet.

Also, the new loading screen nauseates me. That spinning plumbob :confounded:

I know honey. Patient and kind doesn't mean daft and I think for many of us by this point it feels disrespectful to be left hoping for so long despite telling them exactly how upsetting it is for us.

Each customer who has a bad experience tells around ten friends, family and colleagues all about it. When you have significant numbers of customers angry/hurt/unhappy that soon starts to snowball and can affect even the biggest companies. Atari was huge but they still suffered terribly after the reputation of E.T.

I recently watched a documentary and you know why E.T. struggled? They gave the studio barely any time to create so they pushed it out in months rather than the years a normal game was in development. There are some very interesting parallels. The designer of E.T was actually one of their most successful game designers. And he lost everything, and had to get a job outside of programming. It was sad to hear-one misstep and he's suffered from the mistake for many years.
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    Agreed. But I feel mixed. Patience is a virtue and we will prevail
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

IMG_0047.jpg

A toddler playhouse???

I wish this game wasn't online, otherwise I feel like I would have more fun with it than TS4....

Look at the animations! Sitting on the edge of the tub, how hard would that have been to put in 4?!
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015

IMG_0047.jpg

A toddler playhouse???

I wish this game wasn't online, otherwise I feel like I would have more fun with it than TS4....

Look at the animations! Sitting on the edge of the tub, how hard would that have been to put in 4?!

I like how the mom is on her knees while pushing the toddler on the swingset
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2015

IMG_0047.jpg

A toddler playhouse???

EA gave them more focus because you have to spend awful amounts of money on in game currency to get them :/ But we paid 60, for the Sims 4, it should be NO exception.
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hello everyone :) awesome pictures and stories here :smiley:
    I really wonder why The Sims Freeplay has tons more family play features than The Sims 4 has. How is that even possible? It should be the other way in my opinion. Leave the linear, goal-oriented gameplay for free-to play games, and leave the awesome family life simulation gameplay to its real place ;)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I really wonder why The Sims Freeplay has tons more family play features than The Sims 4 has. How is that even possible? It should be the other way in my opinion. Leave the linear, goal-oriented gameplay for free-to play games, and leave the awesome family life simulation gameplay to its real place ;)
    Like Jessica said, people pay for lots of in game things so they have more money to focus on things like that.
  • Options
    Like Jessica said, people pay for lots of in game things so they have more money to focus on things like that.
    I know, but why would we have to buy something like more family play features for a game we already paid for? That wouldn't make any sense :/
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be somehow perfect if they announced something exciting in September, the game's 1'st anniversary? It would be a good time either to announce or release something big for The Sims 4 in my opinion. We can wait for some more months to see if there will be something good happening, but if there will be nothing but new stuff pack and the silence continues, many will be sad and disappointed. Why do they do this to us? Don't we deserve much better? There must be something that we haven't thought at all, they have to tell us what it is, or at least let us see behind the scenes a little bit :(
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I agree! As far as I'm concerned, we have paid for those things already! So why don't we have them? :|

Thanks for the explanation, @marcellala. I don't know exactly how many hours I've played TS4 but I've basically ignored the emotions system because I think it was a poor design choice for what should be (but really isn't much of one) a life simulation game. I have no interest at all in trying to manipulate my sims emotions in order to skill up or earn achievements.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    I agree! As far as I'm concerned, we have paid for those things already! So why don't we have them? :|

Thanks for the explanation, @marcellala. I don't know exactly how many hours I've played TS4 but I've basically ignored the emotions system because I think it was a poor design choice for what should be (but really isn't much of one) a life simulation game. I have no interest at all in trying to manipulate my sims emotions in order to skill up or earn achievements.
    I think building shops and houses in The Sims 4 is really fun, along with the Create a Sim feature, but the real live mode gameplay is currently the most lacking thing in the whole game :(
  • Options
    I know, but why would we have to buy something like more family play features for a game we already paid for? That wouldn't make any sense :/
    Laziness, "it's to hard", "things change", the excuses go on and on.
  • Options
    Do you remember this comment from a Sims 4 developer?
    "They’re both [pools and toddlers] really important features that are close to our hearts. We didn’t have the time during production to do them right for base game so we made a really hard decision to wait to do it properly instead of something half-baked. I know it’s sad, but our hearts are in the right place.” –Dave, The Sims Studio (via Luana on Twitter) June 25, 2014 (Both accounts were deactivated the same day it was posted) | Image
    Could that mean that toddlers really were planned for the base game but they didn't have time to make them properly so they are currently tweaking them and adding them later to the game? :open_mouth:

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top