Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repairing a Relationship

pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
So my Sim caught the guy she was "promised" to flirting with another Sim and soon after got the Jealousy moodlet. I made her break up with him, but now I am regretting my decision. Their romance relationship bar is completely red and their relationship statuses are "It's awkward", "Soulmates", and "It's very complicated". It's hard for them to hold a conversation because one of them will try to flirt and the other immediately rejects them. It's only been three days since their breakup. Is there any way to salvage this relationship?
12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif

Comments

• Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    You can use cheats.

modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe 50 Friendship_Main
    modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe 50 Romance_Main

Change the names as your sims name, also did the opposite too like
    modifyrelationship Jane Doe John Doe 50 Friendship_Main
    modifyrelationship Jane Doe John Doe 50 Romance_Main

Change the number as you like.
  • Options
    @edaercangs96 Do you know if there is a way to do it without using cheats?
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    So my Sim caught the guy she was "promised" to flirting with another Sim and soon after got the Jealousy moodlet. I made her break up with him, but now I am regretting my decision. Their romance relationship bar is completely red and their relationship statuses are "It's awkward", "Soulmates", and "It's very complicated". It's hard for them to hold a conversation because one of them will try to flirt and the other immediately rejects them. It's only been three days since their breakup. Is there any way to salvage this relationship?

Once a cheater always a cheater! She can do better!

On a slightly more helpful note; I think the only way to do it without cheats is to give it time for the relationship to reset. I had one that was at "it's awkward" for a while before I was able to get my sim together with him.. She had been flirting up two guys and the one I liked more walked in on it.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

Simply use interactions from friendly category until the romance bar has nothing in it. Try a few jokes. After its reset like tht, they can rebuild romance. Ik from experience.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    emmaning wrote: »

Simply use interactions from friendly category until the romance bar has nothing in it. Try a few jokes. After its reset like tht, they can rebuild romance. Ik from experience.
    yeah pretty much this, sims in sims 4 have birds memory as soon the jelly mood end all you need is just "go soft" with friendly chat and then some little loose flirt here and there and all will be nothing happened.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for all the helpful advice. I think I might just end things so I don't make things anymore complicated.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

If you don't cheat, you may not mod either, but I wondered if you might want to look at this one.

MC Command Center does come with the option "Forget Me" for both all or just romantic bars.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

For those who do use cheats, there's a link to simsvip's list in my sig. :)
  • Options
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the negative (red) romance bar to turn positive (pink) again?
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2015
    I think it takes quite some time - several days at least, probably more than a week (ETA: I play on long, maybe it's shorter for other life spans but I don't think so). Also, it doesn't turn pink, it's just empty at some point. From there (or even if it's still a tiny bit in the red) you can try to rebuild your Sims' romance again. What may be helpful there is to let them sit in a room with a lot of flirty furniture/paintings with the emotional aura switched on - this will give your Sims a flirty or very flirty mood, making them more receptive in terms of romance interactions. I always use that trick when I want Sims who have been friends for ages to become romantically involved, if they're not flirty they tend to reject the third time flirting in a row, they're like: 'No, we're just friends...'. If they are flirty they are more willing, also unlocks more romance interactions.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    @MDianaSanders Wow, I didn't expect it to take that long for the bar to empty out. Anyways, thank you for your help!
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    if you keep socializing and your sim is in a good mood it's a breeze to turn a relationship in the pink againg.
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    I always do friendly first then back to romance. I think my game has a glitch because since they went camping my sim thinks his wife is constantly flirting with other people. I've never caught her in the act so he either knows something I don't or glitch
  • Options
    When I look at the relationship panel of my Sim and view her relationship with her ex, the green bar is completely full, while the bar below it is red and half way full. I thought since the red bar was slowly emptying, it would be easier to try to flirt with him again. However, I was wrong. He still rejects her advances and vice versa. Momentarily, I decided to make him one of my played households, just so I could see what his relationship was with my Sim. Their friendship bar was completely filled, and so was the red bar below. I didn't know that two people in a relationship could have romance bars filled to different amounts. Also, his relationships with my Sim included "Bad Romance", "It's Very Complicated", and "Soulmates", while my Sim just had "It's Very Complicated" and "Soulmates". Since our romance bars aren't filled to the same amounts, is that why it's harder to repair the relationship?
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    When I look at the relationship panel of my Sim and view her relationship with her ex, the green bar is completely full, while the bar below it is red and half way full. I thought since the red bar was slowly emptying, it would be easier to try to flirt with him again. However, I was wrong. He still rejects her advances and vice versa. Momentarily, I decided to make him one of my played households, just so I could see what his relationship was with my Sim. Their friendship bar was completely filled, and so was the red bar below. I didn't know that two people in a relationship could have romance bars filled to different amounts. Also, his relationships with my Sim included "Bad Romance", "It's Very Complicated", and "Soulmates", while my Sim just had "It's Very Complicated" and "Soulmates". Since our romance bars aren't filled to the same amounts, is that why it's harder to repair the relationship?

Sounds reasonable to me. Both parties have to be in the mood to make up. My advice: keep being friendly until her red bar is completely empty, then see what happens. If he still rejects her, keep friendly for a bit more.

It might help to have them watch the romance channel on TV together. It always gets my Sims flirty.
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Jeff13065 wrote: »

Dr.Jefferson Welcomes You
    My name is Jefferson Prince and I am a Professional Traditional Spells caster, specializing in all fields of Love, Money, Power, Success,Sickness, Luck and Witch Craft. I can help you with any problem or
    wish that you might have. I have more than 20 years experience in the field of Spell Casting / Spiritual Healing. Over the years I have worked for thousands of clients in more than 22 countries all over the world. My services are hugely in demand which is proof of the success I am achieving on a day to day basis.Do you have love problems /issues that you need sorted out? We have a variety of love spells that will change your life forever. Have you lost a loved one? Are you in love with someone who doesn’t seem to care about you? Is your love done in love with someone else? Call me NOW and I will summon all my powers to make your dreams come true. Are you battling to make ends meet? Are you experiencing a financial crisis and you cannot pay all your bills? I know what it feels like. Let me help you by casting one of my much sought after Money Spells. I can help you increase your income, land that job you are after, help you achieve success in many fields, improve your luck, and much more…Are you living in constant fear? Do you need a Protection Spell? Call me now and I will cast a
    very powerful Protection Spell that will protect you and your loved ones from evil. Don’t wait until it is too late. Contact us NOW.I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting. I can help you with any problem that you might be facing. Call me now for immediate results.

1: Love Spell
    2: Money Spell
    3: luck To Win lottery
    4: Spell To Get A Job
    5: Spell To Cure Barrenness
    6: Spell To Get A Job
    7: Cure for herpes, cancer, Pelvic inflammatory infection and other types of disease.

And lots more: Contact me via my email address: doctorjeffersontemple@gmail.com
    Mobile Number: +2348073906827
    Yes, Dr Jefferson IF YOU CAN READ...she clearly stated she is going to need a love potion to help her Simmy fall in love with that plum cheatin' ex again. The love's still there, she just needs a love potion to rekindle the romance. They're soulmates so we'll take a number 1 please.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,990 Member
    lol!!
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I like to do it the fun way, which is to keep trying to have a friendly interaction. If they've broken up, then I'll use the chat on the computer to start the conversation. I prefer to make my sims work at their relationships because that makes the game more interesting to me. I miss the self-help books we had in TS2 (or TS3?) for sims who would calm down quicker after they read them. It was like counseling via a book.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    There was a glitch in the game after Dine Out and made sims who ate together be married so I had to have my sims manually divorce so they could get remarried and remove that random person. Soooo after I had them divorce the romance bar was in red obviously and I couldn't get them remarried. They hated each other and were super sad. So I got the moodlet solver from the reward section and put one of those romance lights in the bedroom and had the wife use beguile on the husband and I was able to quickly get the romance bar off the red and back into the pink and get them married. So much work but yea it's possible without cheats.
  • Options
    naty_jamanaty_jama Posts: 1 New Member
    You can use cheats.

so i used the cheat but on my sims relationship still appears its very complicated and when i try to use a romantic interaction appears the red heart and it won't fix the relationship i really don't know what to do my sim is pregnant and i want them to be back
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    naty_jama wrote: »
    You can use cheats.

so i used the cheat but on my sims relationship still appears its very complicated and when i try to use a romantic interaction appears the red heart and it won't fix the relationship i really don't know what to do my sim is pregnant and i want them to be back

Hello
    If you use mods, MC Command Center mod can help with relationships .
    It can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-threa
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    How come that a thread can be full of spam and the spam in question still not removed after almost a whole year ? :o
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    naty_jama wrote: »
    You can use cheats.

@naty_jama buy the beguiling award trait. No cheat or mods needed.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member
    How has this topic attracted so many necromancers? o-o