Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    xyxnixxyxnix Posts: 34 Member
    What should I do with the limes? I can't plant them, because the Gardening skill is not high enough.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    xyxnix wrote: »
    What should I do with the limes? I can't plant them, because the Gardening skill is not high enough.

@xyxnix ...
    Limes are good bait for salmon or rainbow trout (I don't remember which one).
    I think you can make Key Lime Pie with them once you get your cooking skill up.
    You could sell them at the grocery store for a little money.
    If you get the World Adventures EP ... You can make nectar with them.

It also doesn't take a lot of gardening until you will be able to plant them.
    You could just hang onto them for a little while (or stick them in the fridge).

When you say you got the Sims 3 Game ... Do you mean you got the Starter Pack with Late Night and Outdoor Stuff ... Or just the base game?
    If you got the Starter Pack ... There is a lot more to do since you have Late Night.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    My sim was born. I am very happy with her face, I think she is the most unique sim I have made so far.
    *poofs*
    simblr :3
  • Options
    [quote="BlackSand;13759347"][quote="xyxnix;13759223"]What should I do with the limes? I can't plant them, because the Gardening skill is not high enough.[/quote]

@xyxnix ...
    Limes are good bait for salmon or rainbow trout (I don't remember which one).
    I think you can make Key Lime Pie with them once you get your cooking skill up.
    You could sell them at the grocery store for a little money.
    If you get the World Adventures EP ... You can make nectar with them.

It also doesn't take a lot of gardening until you will be able to plant them.
    You could just hang onto them for a little while (or stick them in the fridge).

When you say you got the Sims 3 Game ... Do you mean you got the Starter Pack with Late Night and Outdoor Stuff ... Or just the base game?
    If you got the Starter Pack ... There is a lot more to do since you have Late Night.

[/quote]

I just have the base game, I got it today. BTW thanks for the useful advice!
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @BlackSand I really need to get back to adventuring. Those pix are awesome!
    @CravenLestat Love your gameplay ideas, I'm stealing some!
    @HopeAK Lovely pix of the family outing! Looks like they had fun!

Screenshot-5272_zpsc6vv1qmn.jpg

I did go back adventuring, it's been awhile and I'm rusty. But not with Savannah. With her middle daughter, Sierra.

Screenshot-934_zpspydqttqw.jpg

Sierra is an A #1 RIOT. As a teen she was constantly in trouble, getting arrested for curfew violations. Then she went to college, got arrested again for tagging a wall, and led a rowdy protest where the paps were present.

Screenshot-190_zpsbbnm9z6k.jpg

Screenshot-233_zps3hd7twqu.jpg

She sleeps wherever the mood strikes and has no qualms about using the men's room.

ohmy_zpshid31s3k.jpg

And, she wants to kiss her plumbot. Can't imagine doing the deed with a hunk of metal would be much fun.

Screenshot-5268_zpsymcojxgq.jpg

Anyway, back to Sierra's excellent adventure. She met the lady who gave her the adventure (bad simmer that I am I forgot to record her name) and then was off.

Screenshot-5274_zpsuytdxp4x.jpg

Mama did this, so this must be a piece of cake.

Screenshot-5276_zps0x4rugjh.jpg

Turns out all the weightlifting she does in her pro sports career didn't prepare her for moving stone statues around.

Screenshot-5287_zpsujtdacab.jpg

Screenshot-5288_zpsilrhzsmd.jpg

Later on she found something more suited to her... since her athletic skill is fairly high she showed off a swan dive, bad simmer that I am the pic didn't upload...

Screenshot-5286_zpszac0rl8m.jpg

I could get used to this... maybe after my athletic career is over... pro athletes have a short shelf life...

Screenshot-5293_zpss4xvipdl.jpg

Got it!

Darn quest glitched out on me, took the rest of the sim day to find the lady who gave her the mission in the first place.

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @venusdemilosims Fun adventure pictures.
  • Options
    I got a Very Nice! opportunity for the cooking skill and I read the Fruit Parfait book from the bookstore, and now it is not in the inventory or the bookshelf. Is there anything I can do?
  • Options
    Sorry for double posting, I found the Fruit Parfait option at 1:41 AM. Nevermind guys.
  • Options
    I got a Very Nice! opportunity for the cooking skill and I read the Fruit Parfait book from the bookstore, and now it is not in the inventory or the bookshelf. Is there anything I can do?

@xyxnix ...
    Once you have read a recipe the book disappears from your inventory.
    Each of your Sims that wants to learn the recipe has to buy a new one.

It seems like a lot getting started ... But just explore for a little while.
    Get to know folks in town ... Maybe get a job, if you don't feel like fishing or gardening for money.
    Hang out at some of the spots around town ... Interact with the other Sims and see what happens.
    Once you start getting settled in ... You may decide to do one of the many "Challenges" you can find in the Stories and Legacies section of the forum.

Those require a little knowledge of how to work the game and the basics ... So for now you may want to become familiar with the tools available.
    You can also attempt to remodel your house using the Build/Buy mode ... Or at least do a little landscaping.

Learn the game and the opportunities you have ... Explore the world and the tools at your disposal.
    If you have any questions there are plenty of folks that can help you out.

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I already have a thread with a bunch of pics about the sim in my avatar, so I'll just give the link for that since I'm to lazy to post any of the pics. :D

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/839135/the-life-times-of-ashai-the-genie#latest
  • Options
    In my game I'm playing as the Martinez's and it is Week 1, Day 6 in my world (Sunset Valley) when I first started the game, the neighbours came over and Jennifer let them in, but things with Jennifer or Pablo was not going very well, as Pablo now Dislikes Leighton Sekemoto and the relationship with his wife decreased. With Jennifer, she is now Friends with Leighton Sekemoto. Then after that Pablo went to the park and harvested the apple and lime trees and that is where my first post "what do I do with the limes" came in. Also with Pablo on the same day he had to go shopping, because the lettuce disappeared when I tried to get it to the refrigerator and then we were one short. Then the next day, when he was cooking his first meal, he burnt the waffles and he put them in the leftovers and ultimately threw them out. Meanwhile, Jennifer caught her first Anchovy and got the fishing skill and then caught her first Salmon with the limes I got, BTW thanks for the help. Then the next day Pablo learned the cooking skill and went to the bookstore. But on the next day, nothing special happened between the two of them, other than Pablo constantly cooking so he can skill up enough to cook a lime pie, BTW what is the skill level required? But on the next day, Jennifer learned to garden the garden on lettuce and apples and she also learned to cook while Pablo was asleep at 1:00 PM, (he was nocturnal for a day). Then something special happened on the same day at 8:00 PM, he reached the fifth level of cooking. Then I'm working on day 6. So far I'm still trying to raise Pablo's cooking skill and I might get them a part-time job when I'm done with the cooking skill challenge.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    I think the key lime pie is available at level 7 cooking.

If one of them is in the culinary career the reward for getting to the top of that career is a refrigerator that gives them a positivie moodlet.

As your Sim's fishing skill increases, up to level 7, they can buy books from the book store that let them learn the various baits for the fish. These books don't vanish after the sim reads them and lots of sims can read the same fishing books.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2015
    Well if it isn't update time :* My Sim just reached the top of the Actor career without any celeb at all it took a while but I did it,saved before going to the theatre event for the Award.Also an alien showed up at my house and Cherri made a new intergalatic friend B) Now the big reveal :o the moment has arrived my kidnapped collection is complete and Shadia Rashid from Egypt is now a member of the mixing pot of culture known as my house..and what other way do I add new members than giving them a Craven-over and making them go from Pukey :dizzy: to perfection :kissing_closed_eyes: Tore up from the floor up? not in my house.Will also show sneek peeks of my museum I have in my house that has not been shown yet.(I wonder who can model that) ;)

Lets do this!!!!

Cherri's new buddy,cannot pronounce or let alone type the aliens name so for now say hello to ummm.... E.T. :D

Screenshot-49_zpsfl30rtrj.jpg

Take a good look everybody this is the last time you will see her walking around in dirty hotel bedsheets looking like a boy.

Screenshot-55_zpsj2fin8cq.jpg

:o

Meet the new SHADIA RASHID!!!!!

Screenshot-65_zps7akdt130.jpg

Shadia you beautiful princess you,show these nice folks a sneek peek at the homes museum,and look fabulous doing it or will take away your TV privelages.

Nice sarcophagus,and the girl is not to shabby either <3

Screenshot-68_zps7x6hedvl.jpg

Backflip into the dive well :smiley: ,no better way to show off a small piece of my awesome museum.

Screenshot-71_zps3mt1zhiu.jpg

And she sticks the landing...wait can she swim?

Screenshot-74_zpsxd4aeuox.jpg

That is all for now,got to tired to do a whole bunch tonight.But YAY!!! Family of Six now !!!!

Screenshot-80_zpsyotv4ldu.jpg

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    SOO.. Penny got back from Bridgeport, set a few people on fire in the potion shop, after that, Alexander and Elisha aged up!

Screenshot-2100_zpspl8eo6sk.jpg?t=1434512478

Elisha is looking great.

Screenshot-2104_zps1ccnrqxk.jpg?t=1434512617

I don't think you guys have EVER seen Alexander's face under that beard. Seriously!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2015
    Screenshot-2108_zpsk3gtvhqw.jpg

Alexander retired.. Great!
    But there's something even more great!
    Isabella smiled, AGAIN!
    PARTYYY!

Also..

Screenshot-2114_zpsna9ud9tr.jpg

New family photo!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    I just got 5,000 Lifetime Rewards Points and I don't know which one is best.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member

After a while you'll work out the ones that are important to the way you want to play your game.

I always get steel bladder for 10000 points first as it annoys me if I have a Sim dropping things from their queue to go to the toilet or peeing themselves in public.

Others say that reward is cheating and they won't use it at all.

It will take you a while to get the idea. And each expansion pack adds new LT Rewards and it is hard to remember which ones are from the base game.
  • Options
    OzGuyOzGuy Posts: 57 Member
    Is there nraas mod that let's you control two families at once? I would like to move Vinnie and Amber out so they can start a family but I don't want to lose control of them! :smile:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That can be done if you don't mind massive tuning of NRaas story progression and a number of other Mods to fix the issues up that EA's bug-fest will cause with the game.I've been playing multiple families in my legacies for a long time and made it work by loading my game with an insane load of Mods.I set story progression up so it can't make them have babies or adopt a child or pet without me pushing them to do that and they can't move on their own or get jobs unless I directed them to though they can get promoted on jobs or gain skills on their own.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    OzGuyOzGuy Posts: 57 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    That can be done if you don't mind massive tuning of NRaas story progression and a number of other Mods to fix the issues up that EA's bug-fest will cause with the game.I've been playing multiple families in my legacies for a long time and made it work by loading my game with an insane load of Mods.I set story progression up so it can't make them have babies or adopt a child or pet without me pushing them to do that and they can't move on their own or get jobs unless I directed them to though they can get promoted on jobs or gain skills on their own.

Oh, there isn't just a set mod i can load up so i can do it? i would like to keep the mods to a minimum, at the moment at least :smile:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Good morning everybody,want to say I noticed how many players in the updates love and use World Adventures. <3 That expansion does not get the love it deserves.

@venusdemilosims Awesome update o:) I was wondering do you start in Egypt or get Pangus Axe first?

I always start by doing China and first getting the Axe before anything Else,very important item in the other places.Next master thief coin is a must to get all the other goodies faster.Third and also huge importance is the Horus Tear to find dig sites.The axe gets you to so many awesome secret tombs and hidden rooms. <3

Also the Sims name you forgot is Sima Zhi.

My favorite pic of yours is the one where she is coming out the dive well.Awesome screenshot.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options

@xyxnix ...
    Hardly Hungry ... 25,000 Lifetime Reward Points
    You can eat a piece of fruit or veggies in the morning and forget about eating or starting a fire in your house with a cheap stove.

If you just want to spend the 5000 ... Legendary Host will help your relationships and Charisma skills (if you Throw Parties).

• Options
    Good morning everybody,want to say I noticed how many players in the updates love and use World Adventures. <3 That expansion does not get the love it deserves.

@venusdemilosims Awesome update o:) I was wondering do you start in Egypt or get Pangus Axe first?

I always start by doing China and first getting the Axe before anything Else,very important item in the other places.Next master thief coin is a must to get all the other goodies faster.Third and also huge importance is the Horus Tear to find dig sites.The axe gets you to so many awesome secret tombs and hidden rooms. <3

Also the Sims name you forgot is Sima Zhi.

My favorite pic of yours is the one where she is coming out the dive well.Awesome screenshot.

@CravenLestat ...
    I did the actual adventures a long time ago ... I do them now to earn enough Visa Points to buy a lot and build a house in each location.
    I think it is funny when they send me to the Academy to learn the Martial Arts skill ... I am already Level 10 in the skill.

@venusdemilosims ...
    The World Adventures are a great escape from the routine grind of the game at times.
    They also add possible storylines for Sierra ... And the pictures your Sim can take if they have a good Photography skill make awesome artwork around your house.

• Options
    @xyxnix ...
    Handiness Gamer Tip:
    Repairing items that are broken around your house can be rewarding and dangerous.
    But repairing plumbing can be easy enough and offer better results in the longrun.

As you advance in your Handiness skills ... You will eventually get the opportunity to "Upgrade" appliances and fixtures.
    Don't jump right in and upgrade all your plumbing to "Unbreakable" ... And allow your toilets, showers and whatnot to continue to break.

Repairing them will help you bump up your skills faster.
    Also ... One of the Master Challenges for Handiness involves plumbing.
    Repair 10 plumbing items and the ones you repair after that will never break again.

That way ... You can then repair toilets, showers and sinks ... And "Upgrade" them to "Self-Cleaning".
    When you do that ... You essentially get two upgrades for the price of one seeing as your item will be unbreakable and self-cleaning.

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    @xyxnix ...
    Handiness Gamer Tip:
    As you advance in your Handiness skills ... You will eventually get the opportunity to "Upgrade" appliances and fixtures.
    Don't jump right in and upgrade all your plumbing to "Unbreakable" ... And allow your toilets, showers and whatnot to continue to break.

Repairing them will help you bump up your skills faster.
    Also ... One of the Master Challenges for Handiness involves plumbing.
    Repair 10 plumbing items and the ones you repair after that will never break again.

That way ... You can then repair toilets, showers and sinks ... And "Upgrade" them to "Self-Cleaning".
    When you do that ... You essentially get two upgrades for the price of one seeing as your item will be unbreakable and self-cleaning.

Thanks for the info. Although I've gotten a sim to level 10 of handiness, I've never worked toward any of the challenges. I usually upgrade to self cleaning on most plumbing and unbreakable in dishwasher, stereo and hot tub. Next military or science sim I play I'll have to try your suggestion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top